Game Related Question

Cromat

Re: Game Related Question

Post #321 by Cromat » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:56 pm

Question #74:
I have removed a "Scapegoat" Token from my field to Special Summon of "Diabellstar the Black Witch" from my hand and activated its 1st Trigger Effect and Set "Sinful Spoils of Subversion - Snake-Eye" from my Main Deck to the field directly, then activated that Spell. My opponent is insisting that by saying: "No Set card can be activated the turn its Set unless something says you can.", and they stopped playing, my opponent is correct or incorrect about what they are saying right now?

greg503

Post #322 by greg503 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:18 am

Cromat wrote:Question #74:
I have removed a "Scapegoat" Token from my field to Special Summon of "Diabellstar the Black Witch" from my hand and activated its 1st Trigger Effect and Set "Sinful Spoils of Subversion - Snake-Eye" from my Main Deck to the field directly, then activated that Spell. My opponent is insisting that by saying: "No Set card can be activated the turn its Set unless something says you can.", and they stopped playing, my opponent is correct or incorrect about what they are saying right now?

You can activate the Normal Spell the turn you Set it with Diabellstar, but you have to follow normal activation rules (open gamestate during your Main Phase). What I'm not sure about is the ability to send a token to Summon Diabellstar.
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #323 by Cromat » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:06 am

greg503 wrote:

You can activate the Normal Spell the turn you Set it with Diabellstar, but you have to follow normal activation rules (open gamestate during your Main Phase). What I'm not sure about is the ability to send a token to Summon Diabellstar.

You bring up a good point. How I will be sure about that, of sending that Token (by removing it from field) is valid for that's Summon or not. Judges are not talking with me anymore since my last treatment of them.

Cromat

Post #324 by Cromat » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:41 am

Question #75:
While effect(s) of "Tyrant's Throes" applying, can player(s) Set their Effect Monsters, and after that; can they Flip Summon them just for bypass that Trap?

greg503

Post #325 by greg503 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:49 am

Cromat wrote:Question #75:
While effect(s) of "Tyrant's Throes" applying, can player(s) Set their Effect Monsters, and after that; can they Flip Summon them just for bypass that Trap?

Yes, because those aren't Normal or Special Summons
Buy Floowandereeze

MarshieDemon

Post #326 by MarshieDemon » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:15 am

Not sure if this question has been answered for you already, but you cannot use a Token to Special Summon "Diabellstar the Black Witch" with its own unclassified effect. Sending to the GY is effectively the cost for Diabellstar, and since Tokens cannot be sent to a specific location for costs, it would not be legal to Special Summon it by removing a Token.

Head Administrator

Return to “Ask Me Anything”