Game Related Question

greg503

Re: Game Related Question

Post #181 by greg503 » Tue May 24, 2022 1:07 am

Cromat wrote:Question #28: Opponent Normal Summons of "Amano-Iwato", during End Phase of their turn: Its Trigger Effect is triggered; I responded that by activating "Madolche Nights". So at the end as result.. ..Opponent's monster will stay on the field and I can enter my Draw Phase, or, we're still at End Phase, so its effect can be triggers again so that monster can still be return to opponent's hand? (Don't forget to review Question #22.)

"Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return this card to the hand."
Does it read like it would activate multiple times during the End Phase?
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #182 by Cromat » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:45 am

Question #29:

I am Special Summoning of "Santa Claws" to opponent's field in Defense Position, by Tributing "Malefic Truth Dragon", also taking control of their "Malefic Rainbow Dragon" by using "Crackdown". I also controlling a face-up "There Can Be Only One" on my field (after take control of "Malefic Rainbow Dragon"). Then, I am activating "Nightmare Archfiends" and Tributing "Malefic Rainbow Dragon".

What happens as a result?

Christen57

Post #183 by Christen57 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:01 am

Cromat wrote:Question #29:

I am Special Summoning of "Santa Claws" to opponent's field in Defense Position, by Tributing "Malefic Truth Dragon", also taking control of their "Malefic Rainbow Dragon" by using "Crackdown". I also controlling a face-up "There Can Be Only One" on my field (after take control of "Malefic Rainbow Dragon"). Then, I am activating "Nightmare Archfiends" and Tributing "Malefic Rainbow Dragon".

I'm gonna answer this assuming there's also an active field spell keeping the Malefics' own effects from destroying themselves.

Under TCBOO (There Can Be Only One), you can't activate Nightmare Archfiends as you can't attempt to summon Fiend-type tokens to your opponent's field since they already control a Fiend-type (Santa Claws).

Cromat

Post #184 by Cromat » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:16 am

Christen57 wrote:
Cromat wrote:Question #29:

I'm gonna answer this assuming there's also an active field spell keeping the Malefics' own effects from destroying themselves.

Under TCBOO (There Can Be Only One), you can't activate Nightmare Archfiends as you can't attempt to summon Fiend-type tokens to your opponent's field since they already control a Fiend-type (Santa Claws).

I control a "Skill Drain" and a "Mystic Mine" (as face-up), and opponent controls a "Malefic World" while those things are happening. (Just unnecessary details.)

Cromat

Post #185 by Cromat » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:42 am

I had asked my opponent that "Did I do it wrong or not, by meaning I can activate that "Nightmare Archfiends"? They had said "You can but still other Fiends must be send to GY because of "There Can Be Only One"." I had forgotten that issue to ask at Forum, when I remember I typed it here.

Christen57

Post #186 by Christen57 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:37 pm

Cromat wrote:I had asked my opponent that "Did I do it wrong or not, by meaning I can activate that "Nightmare Archfiends"? They had said "You can but still other Fiends must be send to GY because of "There Can Be Only One"."

That's only if TCBOO was activated in response to Nightmare Archfiends. In which case, the tokens would be summoned to the opponent's field, but TCBOO would immediately remove all but 1 of them so that the opponent controls only 1 Fiend. However, if TCBOO was already active, you can't attempt to activate Nightmare Archfiends.

Cromat

Post #187 by Cromat » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:29 pm

Question #30:
Opponent has 1 "The Weather Snowy Canvas" on their field as face-up. They Normal Summon of "The Weather Painter Snow", I am activating "Metaverse" to its Summons. They activate their Quick Effect and attempting to banish it; I respond of it by activating "Book of Moon". Will "The Weather Painter Snow" stay on the field as face-down, or, that will be banished?

greg503

Post #188 by greg503 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:45 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #30:
Opponent has 1 "The Weather Snowy Canvas" on their field as face-up. They Normal Summon of "The Weather Painter Snow", I am activating "Metaverse" to its Summons. They activate their Quick Effect and attempting to banish it; I respond of it by activating "Book of Moon". Will "The Weather Painter Snow" stay on the field as face-down, or, that will be banished?

Weather Painters banish as cost, they won't be on the field to target with Book
Buy Floowandereeze

Wek

Post #189 by Wek » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:49 pm

So they summon Snow, you chain Metaverse, they chain the gained effect and banished Snow. You didn't say what you were targeting with Book though, you never mentioned that there were any monsters still on the field. Also not sure what you mean by attempting to banish it, you said they activated the effect, so its already banished at the time of activation. That's what the text says.

You can banish this card (Quick Effect); add 1 "The Weather" card from your Deck to your hand, also you cannot add cards from your Deck to your hand for the rest of this turn, except by drawing them.

Cromat

Post #190 by Cromat » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:15 pm

I wrote the cards on the field with their names, if you can't understand is it my problem, if so since when is it my problem? Just think about it, we've already explained the event, what else is this discussion about?

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #191 by Fredblade » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:55 am

You cannot activate book of moon in that scenario because The Weather monsters banish themselves as cost, so you're attempting to target a monster that is not even on the field at that point.

Wek

Post #192 by Wek » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:25 am

Cromat wrote:I wrote the cards on the field with their names, if you can't understand is it my problem, if so since when is it my problem? Just think about it, we've already explained the event, what else is this discussion about?

If you don't understand the board state there is no need to try and be snarky about it. :roll:

They activate their Quick Effect and attempting to banish it;

So basically this isn't true, they didn't just attempt to banish it, they activated their quick effect and actually banished it. :?
Text before the semicolon is done when activating the effect, which has already been explained to you before from prior questions on this very thread.

I respond of it by activating "Book of Moon". Will "The Weather Painter Snow" stay on the field as face-down, or, that will be banished?

What you're describing is illegal to begin with. You don't activate Book of Moon, the card you are apparently talking about targeting isn't even on the field. If there's a judge present they give you a warning for the illegal play and make you rewind it, etc. :|

Cromat

Post #193 by Cromat » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:24 am

Question #31:
[0] Opponent control a face-up Attack Position "Mist Valley Apex Avian" on their field.
[1] During my Main Phase 1: I activate "Mystic Mine" from my respective hand.
[2] They are activating effect of "Mist Valley Apex Avian" for negate my Spell's activation.
[3] I activate "Skill Drain" to negate their Effect Monsters effect for protect my "Mystic Mine".
[4] They are activating their Set "Floowandereeze and the Advent of Adventure" by banishing "Mist Valley Apex Avian".

At the end of day; "Mystic Mine" will remain on the field (after all these Chain Links resolved)?

Christen57

Post #194 by Christen57 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:31 am

Cromat wrote:Question #31:
[0] Opponent control a face-up Attack Position "Mist Valley Apex Avian" on their field.
[2] They are activating effect of "Mist Valley Apex Avian" for negate my Spell's activation.
[3] I activate "Skill Drain" to negate their Effect Monsters effect for protect my "Mystic Mine".
[4] They are activating their Set "Floowandereeze and the Advent of Adventure" by banishing "Mist Valley Apex Avian".

At the end of day; "Mystic Mine" will remain on the field (after all these Chain Links resolved)?

Mist Valley Apex Avian would have to successfully remove itself from the field with it's own effect to negate this activation. If it gets removed some other way, it won't negate the activation.

Renji Asuka

Post #195 by Renji Asuka » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:32 am

If you have the same amount of monsters at end phase, Mystic Mine will be destroyed.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Cromat

Post #196 by Cromat » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:40 am

So, when that mentioned Chain Link resolved; "Mystic Mine" will stay that moment on the field? The mentioned event is like the 16th question on page 4 of this topic, or not?

Cromat

Post #197 by Cromat » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:13 am

Christen57 wrote:

Mist Valley Apex Avian would have to successfully remove itself from the field with it's own effect to negate this activation. If it gets removed some other way, it won't negate the activation.

You mean, "Mystic Mine" still remains on the field, there is not any miss timing or something, doesn't?
So, there is no such thing as "Floowandereeze and the Advent of Adventure" banished "Mist Valley Apex Avian", that is no longer on the field, therefore "Skill Drain" cannot negate its effect no longer, so destroy your "Mystic Mine"; right?
You are saying still that is your Main Phase 1, and "Mystic Mine" remains on your field, that is not destroyed. [You can even activate "Field Barrier" to protect it from destroying during the End Phase of your this turn.]

greg503

Post #198 by greg503 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:03 am

Cromat wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

You mean, "Mystic Mine" still remains on the field, there is not any miss timing or something, doesn't?
So, there is no such thing as "Floowandereeze and the Advent of Adventure" banished "Mist Valley Apex Avian", that is no longer on the field, therefore "Skill Drain" cannot negate its effect no longer, so destroy your "Mystic Mine"; right?
You are saying still that is your Main Phase 1, and "Mystic Mine" remains on your field, that is not destroyed. [You can even activate "Field Barrier" to protect it from destroying during the End Phase of your this turn.]

Ok, let's resolve:
CL4: They search with Advent
CL3: Skill Drain resolves
CL2: Avian can't return to hand, it resolves without effect
CL1: Mine resolves
Mine will be on the field, but make sure to not get it destroyed by it's own effect
Buy Floowandereeze

Wek

Post #199 by Wek » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:42 am

Cromat wrote:So, when that mentioned Chain Link resolved; "Mystic Mine" will stay that moment on the field? The mentioned event is like the 16th question on page 4 of this topic, or not?

It's the same in that Skill Drain can't negate Apex Avian's effects and Apex Avian's effect doesn't directly require Apex on the field to apply, though given what the effect does there is an implicit need for the card targeted to still be there. The main difference boils down to what Apex Avian does as opposed to what Axon does. Avian has to return the card it targeted to hand in order to negate the activation. If Avian targeted itself, then since it is no longer on the field due to the Floowandereeze card it does not exist to be returned to hand, so it fails that part of its effect and fails the "and if you do" conjunction, so it won't negate the activation.

Everyone assumed Apex targeted itself, and given you mentioned no other Mist Valleys to target and this seems to be in a Floowandereeze deck that's not an unreasonable assumption. You never actually said it targeted itself, and on the off chance it targeted something else, I'll note that Apex would return that card successfully to hand and negate the activation of Mystic Mine without issue. In that case then this becomes more or less the same as question 4 for all the relevant purposes we're concerned about here. I'm guessing it's paragraph 1 that's going to be covering what you're after though.

Cromat

Post #200 by Cromat » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:22 pm

Question #32:
Opponent controls a face-up "Cyber Dragon Herz", then activate "Machine Duplication" by targeting "Cyber Dragon Herz". I activated to that Spell's activation the "Bad Aim" by targeting "Cyber Dragon Herz". Can opponent still Summon of their "Cyber Dragon" monsters?

Return to “Ask Me Anything”