Game Related Question

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Re: Game Related Question

Post #81 by Lil Oldman » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:27 pm

Follow up question: Does this situation also apply if Axon is placed face-down by World Legacy Pawns / Book of Moon?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Wek

Post #82 by Wek » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:30 pm

Cromat wrote:Question 16:

[1] Opponent Flip Summoned of "Krawler Axon" and activated its effect by targeting my "Prohibition".
[2] I responded with "Effect Veiler".
[3] Opponent activated their "Dark Factory of More Production" by sending of "Krawler Axon" to the GY.
[4] I activated my "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring" for to prevent the opponent from drawing 1 card.

● Opponent says "Prohibition" is still gonna be destroyed because "Krawler Axon" is no longer on the field as face-up, therefore "Effect Veiler" cannot negate it.

Is the opponent telling the truth, or was he/she attempted to cheating?

No answer on if they were telling the truth or cheating, but they were right. The monster has to be face-up for Effect Veiler to negate its effects, Effect Veiler even gives additional clarification by saying so on the card.

Wek

Post #83 by Wek » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:33 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:Follow up question: Does this situation also apply if Axon is placed face-down by World Legacy Pawns / Book of Moon?

They also would fail the requirements of Veiler's text saying "negate the effects of that face-up monster".

Cromat

Post #84 by Cromat » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:06 pm

Question #17:

[1] During my turn: I activated "Harpie's Feather Duster" to destroy their "Salamangreat Sanctuary" while they have a "Salamangreat Balelynx" in their GY and I have a face-up "Mystic Mine" on my Field Zone.

[2] Opponent banished of "Salamangreat Balelynx" from their GY for protect their Field Spell.

● I checked and see this; the following part of the effect of the card that was banished by the opponent was the 'Unclassified' Effect ("If a "Salamangreat" card(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can banish this card from your GY instead.").

Banishing of "Salamangreat Balelynx" was illegal here or Unclassified monster effects can be used even under of "Mystic Mine"? (Do not forget to review the recording to see what happened during the Duel. Replay Link: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=168328-37713955)

Christen57

Post #85 by Christen57 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:26 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #17:

[1] During my turn: I activated "Harpie's Feather Duster" to destroy their "Salamangreat Sanctuary" while they have a "Salamangreat Balelynx" in their GY and I have a face-up "Mystic Mine" on my Field Zone.

[2] Opponent banished of "Salamangreat Balelynx" from their GY for protect their Field Spell.

● I checked and see this; the following part of the effect of the card that was banished by the opponent was the 'Unclassified' Effect ("If a "Salamangreat" card(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can banish this card from your GY instead.").

Banishing of "Salamangreat Balelynx" was illegal here or Unclassified monster effects can be used even under of "Mystic Mine"? (Do not forget to review the recording to see what happened during the Duel. Replay Link: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=168328-37713955)

Salamangreat Balelynx's effect to banish itself from the graveyard to shield a card from destruction isn't an effect that "activates," so that could be used even under Mystic Mine.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #86 by Lil Oldman » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:30 pm

I think it is the same situation as Return of the Dragon Lords and Utopia The Lightning. Return (Or in this case, Balelynx) never activate nor start a chain, since they don't have a ":", they are just used.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #87 by Fredblade » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:50 pm

Mystic Mine specifically says the player with the most monsters cannot ACTIVATE monster effects, Mystic Mine does not negate continuous effects, neither prevents players from using unclassified effects that do not activate.

Cromat

Post #88 by Cromat » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:14 pm

Question #18:

[1] I activated of "Prohibiton" by declaring name of "Eldlich the Golden Lord".
[2] Opponent activated of "Eldlixir of Scarlet Sanguine" as Chain Link 2.
[3] After 3 seconds activated of "Conquistador of the Golden Land" as Chain Link 3.

When they realized that they couldn't destroy of "Prohibiton" with "Conquistador of the Golden Land", they wanted to change of their Chain Link order [as Chain Link 2 is 'Conquistador' and 3 is 'Sanguine']

(https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=168328-37743324)

Share your thoughts on the subject. (For example; What would happened if the Judge has arrived?)

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #89 by DarwisBellium92 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:32 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #18:

[3] After 3 seconds activated of "Conquistador of the Golden Land" as Chain Link 3.

When they realized that they couldn't destroy of "Prohibiton" with "Conquistador of the Golden Land", they wanted to change of their Chain Link order [as Chain Link 2 is 'Conquistador' and 3 is 'Sanguine']

Share your thoughts on the subject. (For example; What would happened if the Judge has arrived?)

Question: On which turn did you activate Duality?
With Prohibiton on the field, your opponent cannot summon Eldlich
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

Cromat

Post #90 by Cromat » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:00 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:

My opponent activated their "Pot of Duality" during their Main Phase, I responded it with "Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell". They probably wanted to do something before "Prohibiton" resolves. Same like Chain Link 1 is activated "Heat Wave" and Chain Link 2 as activated "Eldlixir of Scarlet Sanguine", thus they can Special Summon of "Eldlich the Golden Lord" before "Heat Wave" resolves.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #91 by DarwisBellium92 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:34 pm

Cromat wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:

My opponent activated their "Pot of Duality" during their Main Phase, I responded it with "Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell". They probably wanted to do something before "Prohibiton" resolves. Same like Chain Link 1 is activated "Heat Wave" and Chain Link 2 as activated "Eldlixir of Scarlet Sanguine", thus they can Special Summon of "Eldlich the Golden Lord" before "Heat Wave" resolves.

First of all, Heat Wave you must activate it BEFORE Prohibition during your Main Phase 1.
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

Cromat

Post #92 by Cromat » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:44 pm

I know how to use of "Heat Wave", I just gave a similar example parallel about Question 18.

Anyway, according the Question 18's scenario, what should be done? Were you allow to opponent to change their Chain Link order for his/her favor and let the take advantage of the opponent or did I do the correct thing by calling Judge(s). I don't know, maybe when Judge(s) arrives, they'll allow to my opponent's that act. But I don't think so.

greg503

Post #93 by greg503 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:26 pm

Cromat wrote:I know how to use of "Heat Wave", I just gave a similar example parallel about Question 18.

Anyway, according the Question 18's scenario, what should be done? Were you allow to opponent to change their Chain Link order for his/her favor and let the take advantage of the opponent or did I do the correct thing by calling Judge(s). I don't know, maybe when Judge(s) arrives, they'll allow to my opponent's that act. But I don't think so.

You both could have been sharking in this scenario
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #94 by Cromat » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:52 pm

greg503 wrote:
Cromat wrote:I know how to use of "Heat Wave", I just gave a similar example parallel about Question 18.

Did you view the duel record which is placed to Question 18?

greg503

Post #95 by greg503 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:36 am

Cromat wrote:
greg503 wrote:

I'm just saying that the situation is complicated enough to warrant judge calls
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #96 by Christen57 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:18 am

greg503 wrote:
Cromat wrote:
greg503 wrote:You both could have been sharking in this scenario

How could they both have been sharking? The situation was that Cromat's opponent activated something as chain link 2 then something else as chain link 3, then decided they wanted to "rewind" and instead activate the chain link 2 effect as chain link 3 and vice versa.

Either Cromat alone was trying to shark by not letting his opponent rewind, or that opponent was trying to cheat by taking back a misplay.

Genexwrecker

Post #97 by Genexwrecker » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:00 am

I would rule it as cl1 prohibition
cl2 scarlet sanguine
cl3 conquistador
would also inform your opponent that they cant activate all their traps then determine their order like they would trigger effects their chain order is the order they are activated in. then i would force that chain to resolve.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Genexwrecker

Post #98 by Genexwrecker » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:01 am

Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Cromat wrote:

How could they both have been sharking? The situation was that Cromat's opponent activated something as chain link 2 then something else as chain link 3, then decided they wanted to "rewind" and instead activate the chain link 2 effect as chain link 3 and vice versa.

Either Cromat alone was trying to shark by not letting his opponent rewind, or that opponent was trying to cheat by taking back a misplay.

Neither was sharking and neither was cheating here. one player thought they could activate all their traps then determine their chain links and the other disagreed. simple ruling issue that just needs a judge to be resolved nothing malicious from either party occurring here
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Cromat

Post #99 by Cromat » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:35 pm

Question #19:
Your opponent Normal Summons of "Sky Striker Ace - Raye" while you control "Skill Drain" as face-up. Attacks you directly with "Sky Striker Ace - Raye" to you. You are activating "Dimensional Prison" for that. Your opponent activates Quick Effect of "Sky Striker Ace - Raye" for survive from your just activated Trap and tributes it. But not Summons monster to the Extra Monster Zone by saying "Skill Drain" is applying therefore cannot Summon.

In the scenario above, is the opponent telling the truth or have they tried to cheat (assuming you have "Mystic Mine" in your hand)?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #100 by Lil Oldman » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:51 pm

Skill drain negates all effects on the field, but does not prevent activations. Raye can tribute itself and it should summon an sky striker ace from the extra deck, since she left the field and is no longer subject to Skill Drain's effect.

Return to “Ask Me Anything”