Game Related Question

Fredblade
Mood:

Re: Game Related Question

Post #241 by Fredblade » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:27 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
Fredblade wrote:
Cromat wrote:Question #44:

I have a "Solemn Judgment" as Set on the field and opponent has a Set "Metaverse" on the field and has a "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle" on their hand. They activates "Metaverse" and declare effect of "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle", and saying to me you can't chain your "Solemn Judgment" to my "Metaverse". Because I activated "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle" effect [If a "Labrynth" card or effect or a Normal Trap Card was activated this turn, except "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle" (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand in Defense Position.] , ~ what you do think about that?

(Related issue's replay: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=168328-47466898 )

First of All, your opponent cannot activate Metaverse then immediately chain Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle without asking you for a response to Metaverse first.
Second, I've seen people not understanding how Lady Labrynth works, she's similar to Multifaker in the sense that you have to wait for the chain to resolve then in a new chain after a previous one where a Trap was activated resolves, so he would have to first activate metaverse, wait for it to resolve, THEN they're allowed to activate Lady Labrynth's quick effect from that point onward. The Labrynth player would be allowed to chain Lady Labrynth to the metaverse if there was a normal trap card activated in a point prior that turn, but because I assume Metaverse was the first normal trap activated in that turn, chaining Lady Labrynth in that scenario is an illegal move.

I am quite sure it works more similar to Dark Infant/paleos rather than Multifaker, since she specifically states the effect is a quick effect.

The wording in Paleo cards is different, paleos say "when a Trap Card is activated"
Lady Labrynth says "If a "Labrynth" card or effect or a Normal Trap Card was activated this turn"
Not the same

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #242 by Lil Oldman » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:38 pm

Fredblade wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
Fredblade wrote:
First of All, your opponent cannot activate Metaverse then immediately chain Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle without asking you for a response to Metaverse first.
Second, I've seen people not understanding how Lady Labrynth works, she's similar to Multifaker in the sense that you have to wait for the chain to resolve then in a new chain after a previous one where a Trap was activated resolves, so he would have to first activate metaverse, wait for it to resolve, THEN they're allowed to activate Lady Labrynth's quick effect from that point onward. The Labrynth player would be allowed to chain Lady Labrynth to the metaverse if there was a normal trap card activated in a point prior that turn, but because I assume Metaverse was the first normal trap activated in that turn, chaining Lady Labrynth in that scenario is an illegal move.

I am quite sure it works more similar to Dark Infant/paleos rather than Multifaker, since she specifically states the effect is a quick effect.

The wording in Paleo cards is different, paleos say "when a Trap Card is activated"
Lady Labrynth says "If a "Labrynth" card or effect or a Normal Trap Card was activated this turn"
Not the same

That doesnt explain the similarity with Dark Infant, and her being a quick effect means that, at least to me, has to build on the chain, since it isnt a trigger like multifaker.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #243 by Fredblade » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:20 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
Fredblade wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:I am quite sure it works more similar to Dark Infant/paleos rather than Multifaker, since she specifically states the effect is a quick effect.

Not the same

That doesnt explain the similarity with Dark Infant, and her being a quick effect means that, at least to me, has to build on the chain, since it isnt a trigger like multifaker.

Dark infant is a "WHEN an effect IS activated" effect meaning it has to be directly chained to the effect being activated.
Lady Labrynth is a "If a Normal Trap Card WAS activated that turn." meaning that first a Normal Trap Card has to been successfully activated in order to validate its condition, so it was to wait first for a Normal Trap Card to successfully activate in a previous chain, then once that chain has resolved then you can use Lady Labrynth's quick effect.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #244 by Lil Oldman » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:32 pm

Fredblade wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
Fredblade wrote:
Not the same

Dark infant is a "WHEN an effect IS activated" effect meaning it has to be directly chained to the effect being activated.
Lady Labrynth is a "If a Normal Trap Card WAS activated that turn." meaning that first a Normal Trap Card has to been successfully activated in order to validate its condition, so it was to wait first for a Normal Trap Card to successfully activate in a previous chain, then once that chain has resolved then you can use Lady Labrynth's quick effect.

Yes, but Dark Infant is a Quick as well as Lady, which means it builds on the chain. It wouldn´t make sense for lady to say Quick effect if she was an a triggered effect like Faker.
I think a judge should explain this interaction, since I think there's enough arguement for either way.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

MarshieDemon

Post #245 by MarshieDemon » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:30 pm

Lady's condition is simply that a Trap Card needed to have been activated that turn. Therefore it doesn't need to respond directly to the Trap Card in the same way the Paleozoic cards do.

Lady also cannot chain to Metaverse without Priority getting passed first to the opponent. The only time you can chain an effect to another effect without Priority getting passed to the opposite player is when you are dealing with multiple triggered effects. None of the effects involved in that scenario are triggered effects.

Head Administrator

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #246 by Fredblade » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:49 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
Fredblade wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:That doesnt explain the similarity with Dark Infant, and her being a quick effect means that, at least to me, has to build on the chain, since it isnt a trigger like multifaker.

Yes, but Dark Infant is a Quick as well as Lady, which means it builds on the chain. It wouldn´t make sense for lady to say Quick effect if she was an a triggered effect like Faker.
I think a judge should explain this interaction, since I think there's enough arguement for either way.

You didn't quite fully understand my point, but Marshie already responded with what I wanted to say.
So just as Marshie said, they can't chain Lady Labrynth without passing priority, and since you can chain Solemn Judgement which is Spell Speed 3, they can't chain Lady Labrynth as she's Speed Speed 2, then after the chain resolves, since the activation of Metaverse was negated, it means that no Normal Trap Card was activated, so Lady Labrynth cannot activate its effect because the activation of Metaverse was not successful.

Cromat

Post #247 by Cromat » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:27 pm

Question #45: When you activated "Change of Heart" and/or a similar card(s); is there a ruling(s) about it that "I can place/put the monster which Monster Card Zone I want to."?

For example: Your opponent has 5 cards in their Spell & Trap Card Zone as face-down. And have a monster on their field. You're activating "Change of Heart". That moment your opponent has a "Fuse Line" at their Spell/Trap Zone-4, and when you activated that Spell, they giving control of their monster to you by placing that monster in your Monster Card Zone-2, with it; their monster that you took control by your Spell is now at same column with their "Fuse Line". And they doing it willful, so they can activate their "Fuse Line" and destroy the monster you just took control of.

(After my opponent give the control of the monster by placing at any Monster Zone, they can select or, after I took the control I can replace it wherever I want to? At my Duel, opponent said that "I can chose where is placed.")
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=168328-47688008

greg503

Post #248 by greg503 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:44 am

Cromat wrote:Question #45: When you activated "Change of Heart" and/or a similar card(s); is there a ruling(s) about it that "I can place/put the monster which Monster Card Zone I want to."?

For example: Your opponent has 5 cards in their Spell & Trap Card Zone as face-down. And have a monster on their field. You're activating "Change of Heart". That moment your opponent has a "Fuse Line" at their Spell/Trap Zone-4, and when you activated that Spell, they giving control of their monster to you by placing that monster in your Monster Card Zone-2, with it; their monster that you took control by your Spell is now at same column with their "Fuse Line". And they doing it willful, so they can activate their "Fuse Line" and destroy the monster you just took control of.

(After my opponent give the control of the monster by placing at any Monster Zone, they can select or, after I took the control I can replace it wherever I want to? At my Duel, opponent said that "I can chose where is placed.")
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=168328-47688008

From the OCG DB:
When resolving [control effects], if the target monster is on your opponent's monster zone, gain control of that monster. You choose the main monster zone where you put your monsters.
During the End Phase, return control of the monster gained by this effect. Your opponent decides which main monster zone to place monsters in. This process does not start a Chain.
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #249 by Cromat » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:07 pm

Question #46:

Opponent has a "Traptrix Rafflesia" in Defense Position on their field, and a "Traptrix Sera" on their Extra Monster Zone, and have a Set Spell/Trap on their field, it is "Traptrix Holeutea". During your Main Phase 1; you are activating your "Cosmic Cyclone" by targetting their Set "Traptrix Holeutea". They activates their "Traptrix Holeutea" as Chain Link 2. What will happen to "Traptrix Holeutea"?

greg503

Post #250 by greg503 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:11 pm

From the OCG DB: "[Traptrix Holeutea] Special Summoned by its effect is treated as a Normal Monster and not as a Trap Card (Effects that apply to Trap Cards do not apply to this card)."
So Cosmic would resolve without effect
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #251 by Cromat » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:11 am

Question #47:

What would happen; during my Main Phase 1, if I activate a "Deck Lockdown", then activates "Magic Reflector" by targeting my "Deck Lockdown"; at my 2nd Standby Phase after activation of "Deck Lockdown"; to that "Deck Lockdown", would I just removed a counter of placed by "Magic Reflector" or would "Deck Lockdown" be destroyed despite the effect of "Magic Reflector"?

Renji Asuka

Post #252 by Renji Asuka » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:46 pm

1st thing is, Magic Reflector would obviously still protect the card.

2nd thing is, Magic Reflector would not stop maintenance cost of cards from being destroyed (Messenger of Peace for example) by not paying 100 LP. Now unless Deck Lockdown falls under a form of maintenance cost (it destroying itself), Magic Reflector should still protect it.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Cromat

Post #253 by Cromat » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:32 pm

So... According to "Question #47", you're saying as that if I activate "Deck Lockdown". After that, I activate "Magic Reflector" and placed 1 counter to "Deck Lockdown", I can make "Deck Lockdown" remains on the field for 3 turns?

Cromat

Post #254 by Cromat » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:08 pm

* Question #47's answer is: "Decklock Down" will be still sent to GY.

Question #48:
Can you Tribute face-down "Ninja" monster or non-Ninja monster by "Ninjitsu Art of Duplication"?

For example;
● Opponent has a Set card (Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo), can they tribute it when they activated Ninjitsu Art of Duplication? (Because face-down cards has no a name or a Level.)

greg503

Post #255 by greg503 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:39 am

Cromat wrote:* Question #47's answer is: "Decklock Down" will be still sent to GY.

Question #48:
Can you Tribute face-down "Ninja" monster or non-Ninja monster by "Ninjitsu Art of Duplication"?

For example;
● Opponent has a Set card (Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo), can they tribute it when they activated Ninjitsu Art of Duplication? (Because face-down cards has no a name or a Level.)

Yes, not only that, but it will ignore Level modifying effects that way such as Stygian Dirge
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #256 by Cromat » Sat May 06, 2023 6:15 pm

Question #49:

During my turn; while my opponent controlling a face-up "Runick Fountain", if they activates "Runick" Quick-Play Spell Card(s) from their hand by their Field Spell's effect(s); and I activate "Blizzard" as response those by targeting their face-up "Runick Fountain" which is on their Field Spell Zone, what would happen that activated "Runick" Quick-Play Spell Cards that were activated from my opponent's hand (not from field while they were Set already), can I automatic cancel those Spell(s) effects or those resolve as normal?

Renji Asuka

Post #257 by Renji Asuka » Sat May 06, 2023 10:19 pm

Nothing would happen to the Runick Quick play spell as it is already activated.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Cromat

Post #258 by Cromat » Fri May 19, 2023 8:39 pm

Question #50:

Rulings about "Droll & Lock Bird" says as "Drawing cards is also considered as adding a card to the hand from the Deck."

That ways same goes with "Runick Dispelling" too?

I draw a card from my Main Deck, that considering as adding?

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #259 by Fredblade » Fri May 19, 2023 10:07 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #50:

Rulings about "Droll & Lock Bird" says as "Drawing cards is also considered as adding a card to the hand from the Deck."

That ways same goes with "Runick Dispelling" too?

I draw a card from my Main Deck, that considering as adding?

Yes, drawing cards is considered as a form of adding cards from the Deck, you just have to read the card in case they exclude drawing as part of their criteria. In the case of Runick Dispelling, it doesn't exclude drawing so it can be activated if your opponent draws a card, given they do it outside of the draw phase, as Runick Dispelling says "except during the Draw Phase".

Cromat

Post #260 by Cromat » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:50 pm

Question #51:
i;
Turn Player, during their Main Phase 1: Activates "Red-Eyes Fusion" and Summons "Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon".
Non-Turn Player activates an Quick Effect of "Labrynth Chandraglier" from their hand and; send "Labrynth Chandraglier" and "Ariane the Labrynth Servant" from their hand to their GY.
Turn Player, activates Quick Effect of "Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon" by discarding 1 card from their hand for negate effect of "Labrynth Chandraglier".

ii;
During Turn Player's Main Phase 1: Non-Turn Player activates effect of "Big Welcome Labrynth" by banishing it from their respective GY.
Turn Players activates Quick Effect of "Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon" for negate that Trap Card's activation.

In both cases mentioned above, Turn Player places 1 Counter on their Fusion Monster.
In both cases mentioned above, non-Turn Player opposes to Turn Player by saying that: "You didn't destroyed them, you can't gain 1000 ATK points."
And non-Turn Player appendices: You can't destroy card(s) which is one(s) already in GY(s). Monster one that I discarded is in my GY now and the Trap was a GY effect. So, remove your Counter(s)."

According to the above 2 situations that "Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon" could be gain 1000 ATK or not?

Return to “Ask Me Anything”