Game Related Question

Cromat

Re: Game Related Question

Post #121 by Cromat » Wed May 11, 2022 1:08 pm

Question #22:
Opponent attacked with their "Jizukiru, the Star Destroying Kaiju" to my "Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju" which was in Attack Position. I decreased my LP by 1100. But opponent activated their "Psychic Fervor" by saying "Damage Step". I negated that Spell by using "Dark Bribe". After that, the opponent activated their "Limiter Removal" by saying "new chain".

Opponent can do that? (Before I take damage; I had 3500 LP, so I lost of Duel?)

Renji Asuka

Post #122 by Renji Asuka » Wed May 11, 2022 1:24 pm

Yes they can. The steps or phases don't move forward just because you negated a card.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

greg503

Post #123 by greg503 » Wed May 11, 2022 1:34 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:Yes they can. The steps or phases don't move forward just because you negated a card.

The only exception is attack declaration
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #124 by Renji Asuka » Wed May 11, 2022 1:44 pm

greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Yes they can. The steps or phases don't move forward just because you negated a card.

That moment when you negate mirror force and your opponent activates another, despite them activating on attack declaration in a new chain.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Wek

Post #125 by Wek » Wed May 11, 2022 8:42 pm

greg503 wrote:

Attack Declaration isn't a Phase/Step. Declaring an attack is just an action you take that doesn't start a chain, like summoning a monster or changing battle position.

Cromat

Post #126 by Cromat » Thu May 12, 2022 1:54 pm

Question #23:
During my opponent's Main Phase 1: They activated "Dark Magical Circle" while they control 1 "Magician's Rod".
I activated "Dogmatika Punishment" by targeting their "Magician's Rod" and sent of my GY the "Elder Entity N'tss".

Does my Trap Card destroy my opponent's monster and "Elder Entity N'tss" destroy their Spell Card, thus they cannot applying that mentioned effect ("When this card is activated: Look at the top 3 cards of your Deck, then you can reveal 1 of them that is "Dark Magician" or a Spell/Trap that mentions "Dark Magician", and add it to your hand, also place the remaining cards on top of your Deck in any order.") of "Dark Magical Circle" correct?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #127 by Lil Oldman » Thu May 12, 2022 2:01 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #23:
During my opponent's Main Phase 1: They activated "Dark Magical Circle" while they control 1 "Magician's Rod".
I activated "Dogmatika Punishment" by targeting their "Magician's Rod" and sent of my GY the "Elder Entity N'tss".

Does my Trap Card destroy my opponent's monster and "Elder Entity N'tss" destroy their Spell Card, thus they cannot applying that mentioned effect ("When this card is activated: Look at the top 3 cards of your Deck, then you can reveal 1 of them that is "Dark Magician" or a Spell/Trap that mentions "Dark Magician", and add it to your hand, also place the remaining cards on top of your Deck in any order.") of "Dark Magical Circle" correct?

So Circle activates and you respond with Punishment.
If I am not mistaken, the chain starts to resolve, punishment sending ntss and destroying rod, then Circle resolves and allows them to look at the top 3 cards of their deck, then, in a new chain, you can activate Ntss.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #128 by Fredblade » Thu May 12, 2022 3:09 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #23:

N'tss is activated in a new chain after the one where Dark Magical Circle and Dogmatika Punishment were activated, so it doesn't interrupt Dark Magical Circle.

Cromat

Post #129 by Cromat » Fri May 13, 2022 12:44 am

Question #24:
While opponent has no card in their Extra Deck: They activated as a Spell Card of "Anchamoufrite" and destroyed it on their own, and drew 1 card. A few turn later, they activated another "Anchamoufrite" as a Spell Card by saying "It says except "Anchamoufrite", so now; I can draw 1 card by destroying it.".

After the above is done, I said "If so, you couldn't destroy the 1st "Anchamoufrite" and draw 1 card because there was no "Anchamoufrite" in your Extra Deck when you activate the 1st "Anchamoufrite" from hand as Spell."

At Duel, opponent destroyed their 2nd "Anchamoufrite" by saying what in paragraph 1, and then they drew 1 card. What do you think; does opponent just cheated, or do they think they found a bug in KONAMI's kid's game that they can abuse, or all opponent's did was legal?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #130 by Lil Oldman » Fri May 13, 2022 1:03 am

Cromat wrote:Question #24:
While opponent has no card in their Extra Deck: They activated as a Spell Card of "Anchamoufrite" and destroyed it on their own, and drew 1 card. A few turn later, they activated another "Anchamoufrite" as a Spell Card by saying "It says except "Anchamoufrite", so now; I can draw 1 card by destroying it.".

After the above is done, I said "If so, you couldn't destroy the 1st "Anchamoufrite" and draw 1 card because there was no "Anchamoufrite" in your Extra Deck when you activate the 1st "Anchamoufrite" from hand as Spell."

At Duel, opponent destroyed their 2nd "Anchamoufrite" by saying what in paragraph 1, and then they drew 1 card. What do you think; does opponent just cheated, or do they think they found a bug in KONAMI's kid's game that they can abuse, or all opponent's did was legal?

All legal. Anchamoufrite says that as long as you don't have cards in the Extra Deck, with an exception being a copy of it, you can activate the effect, it doesn't say that you require a a copy of it on the Extra Deck.
https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Anchamoufrite
https://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb ... _locale=ja
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Wek

Post #131 by Wek » Fri May 13, 2022 7:32 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
Cromat wrote:Question #24:

All legal. Anchamoufrite says that as long as you don't have cards in the Extra Deck, with an exception being a copy of it, you can activate the effect, it doesn't say that you require a a copy of it on the Extra Deck.
https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Anchamoufrite
https://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb ... _locale=ja

https://db.ygorganization.com/card#15987 A handy reference site for these purposes. Automatically links to the databases available to the cards for citation purposes in addition to carrying translations for many of them. Lets you utilize information from Konami and not have to go to places like Yugipedia.

Cromat

Post #132 by Cromat » Fri May 13, 2022 7:49 pm

Question #25:

If I activate of "Prohibition" by declaring name of "Dodododwarf Gogogoglove", when opponent activated of "Onomatopaira", they cannot send of "Dodododwarf Gogogoglove" from their hand to their GY; correct?

[ Similar example question: If "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" declared by activation of "Prohibition", me and
my opponent cannot discard of "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" when I and/or they activated "Trade-In"; right?
]

greg503

Post #133 by greg503 » Fri May 13, 2022 8:28 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #25:

If I activate of "Prohibition" by declaring name of "Dodododwarf Gogogoglove", when opponent activated of "Onomatopaira", they cannot send of "Dodododwarf Gogogoglove" from their hand to their GY; correct?

[ Similar example question: If "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" declared by activation of "Prohibition", me and
my opponent cannot discard of "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" when I and/or they activated "Trade-In"; right?
]

They are not allowed to place it on the field, have their battle position changed, activate their effects, or be used as material for another monster, unless they are already face-up on the field. They can still be used to pay costs.
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #134 by Cromat » Fri May 13, 2022 11:53 pm

Question #26:
What would happen; if I take control of 1 monster my opponent's by activating "Brain Control", but when entered the End Phase opponent has no place to put that monster back on their Monster Zone because there are 5 "Ojama Token" right now these were Summoned by my Traps. What would happen that monster?

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #135 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat May 14, 2022 12:44 am

Cromat wrote:Question #26:
What would happen; if I take control of 1 monster my opponent's by activating "Brain Control", but when entered the End Phase opponent has no place to put that monster back on their Monster Zone because there are 5 "Ojama Token" right now these were Summoned by my Traps. What would happen that monster?

No free monster zone in the your opponent field's, that monster is destroyed.
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

Wek

Post #136 by Wek » Sat May 14, 2022 12:47 am

It should be sent to the GY, though if it's from the control change wearing off it's not considered destruction.

greg503

Post #137 by greg503 » Sat May 14, 2022 12:54 am

Wek wrote:

It should be sent to the GY, though if it's from the control change wearing off it's not considered destruction.

Sent by game mechanics, same for if a Galaxy-Eyes attempts to return to the field with no open Main Monster Zones
Buy Floowandereeze

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #138 by Fredblade » Sat May 14, 2022 2:39 am

The monster that is attempting to return to the previous controller's field would be sent to the GY by game mechanics (in the case of Pendulum Monsters they're placed in the Extra Deck face-up, or if there are cards like Dimensional Fissure or Macro Cosmos, it would be banished instead). Game mechanics are not considered effects so they don't trigger any effect that says "by a card effect".

Wek

Post #139 by Wek » Sat May 14, 2022 3:26 am

greg503 wrote:
Wek wrote:

Sent by game mechanics, same for if a Galaxy-Eyes attempts to return to the field with no open Main Monster Zones

Yeah, I wouldn't expect it to be considered sent by card effect. Should be similar to the scenarios for when a control change effect resolves and tries to take a monster without available zones, with the exception instead of destruction it's just sent to GY, but still not by card effect. I find it a bit strange that control change wearing off without available zones isn't destruction while control change is, but the one ruling I see on control change wearing off indicated this one detail differed. https://db.ygorganization.com/qa#20771

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #140 by Fredblade » Sat May 14, 2022 6:26 am

Wek wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Wek wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't expect it to be considered sent by card effect. Should be similar to the scenarios for when a control change effect resolves and tries to take a monster without available zones, with the exception instead of destruction it's just sent to GY, but still not by card effect. I find it a bit strange that control change wearing off without available zones isn't destruction while control change is, but the one ruling I see on control change wearing off indicated this one detail differed. https://db.ygorganization.com/qa#20771

If a monster in the Extra Monster Zone changes control or leaves the field temporarily, it has to go to the Main Monster Zone, the Extra Monster Zone is only used when a monster is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, you cannot place monsters in the Extra Monster Zone by any other method but summoning it from the Extra Deck. If there is no main monster zones available when the monster has to return to that field, it gets sent to the GY by game mechanics, what's the thing that is different in that ruling? Is the same thing.

Return to “Ask Me Anything”