Game Related Question

greg503

Re: Game Related Question

Post #221 by greg503 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:59 am

Cromat wrote:Question #38:

Opponent send to GY of "Black Dragon Collapserpent" for Link Summoning of "Striker Dragon", then declare that Link Monster's effect, I am sending to GY of my "Effect Veiler". Then opponent declares effect of "Black Dragon Collapserpent" by saying "That is chain link so your "Effect Veiler" can do nothing." Is it true, if so: When I activated "Trickstar Reincarnation" and "Present Card" opponent can't try use "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring" to stop my "Trickstar Reincarnation" because I activated "Present Card" lastly.

So here's how this works: when Striker Dragon is Link Summoned there are 2 trigger effects that want to activate. I'm pretty sure both are optional, so your opponent decides which order their 2 triggers effects are activated in, then you can chain Veiler to negate Striker Dragon. However, you cannot activate Trickstar Reincarnation and chain Present Card without giving your opponent an opportunity to respond to Reincarnation with Ash because they are not trigger effects.
Buy Floowandereeze

Wek

Post #222 by Wek » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:39 am

Cromat wrote:Question #38:

Opponent send to GY of "Black Dragon Collapserpent" for Link Summoning of "Striker Dragon", then declare that Link Monster's effect, I am sending to GY of my "Effect Veiler". Then opponent declares effect of "Black Dragon Collapserpent" by saying "That is chain link so your "Effect Veiler" can do nothing." Is it true, if so: When I activated "Trickstar Reincarnation" and "Present Card" opponent can't try use "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring" to stop my "Trickstar Reincarnation" because I activated "Present Card" lastly.

The opponent can activate both effects before you can Veiler due to those being trigger effects and Veiler being a fast effect, but there's no reason you can't add Veiler's effect as chain link 3 and target Striker Dragon. If you activate Trickstar Reincarnation, your opponent can chain Ash Blossom before you can activate Present Card, as all 3 are fast effects. However, if they don't chain Ash Blossom to Reincarnation and you activate Present Card next, they may not chain Ash Blossom to negate Reincarnation. If they activate the effect of Ash Blossom it must be responding to the last effect on the chain, which is Present Card, as Ash Blossom's activation condition for its effect is when an effect is activated.

Cromat

Post #223 by Cromat » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:18 pm

Question #39:

During my opponent's Main Phase 1: They placed as face-up to field of "Fateful Adventure" by else card's effect while I have a face-up "Macro Cosmos";

Can they use that Spell's effect [During your Main Phase: You can add 1 monster that mentions "Adventurer Token" from your Deck to your hand, then send 1 card from your hand to the GY.]?

greg503

Post #224 by greg503 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:31 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #39:

During my opponent's Main Phase 1: They placed as face-up to field of "Fateful Adventure" by else card's effect while I have a face-up "Macro Cosmos";

Can they use that Spell's effect [During your Main Phase: You can add 1 monster that mentions "Adventurer Token" from your Deck to your hand, then send 1 card from your hand to the GY.]?

Yes, because it doesn't send for cost
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #225 by Cromat » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:52 pm

greg503 wrote:

What does this have to do with cost? I'm not sure your answer is very clear and precise.

Renji Asuka

Post #226 by Renji Asuka » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:22 am

Cromat wrote:
greg503 wrote:

What does this have to do with cost? I'm not sure your answer is very clear and precise.

If a card says something like "You can discard this card to the GY, target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target." while Macro Cosmos is on field, because the cost designates an area that Macro Cosmos doesn't allow, you could not activate it.

But because the card in question (your question specifically) talks about sending a card to the GY as effect, it can be activated.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Genexwrecker

Post #227 by Genexwrecker » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:18 am

Cromat wrote:
greg503 wrote:

To clarify macro cosmos does not prevent cards from being sent to the gy. Cards can still be normally sent to the gy while macro cosmos is applying its effect. They just have their destination changed when sent. Costs however must be performed exactly as written no matter what unless specifically stated otherwise on a card. Due to this if a cost says to send a card to the gy then that must happen exactly it must both be sent and arrive in the gy.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Cromat

Post #228 by Cromat » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:39 pm

Question #40:

What happen if I control a "Dimensional Fissure" as face-up and activate "Crackdown" to take control of a monster of my opponent and; after that, activate "Self-Mummification"?

What would happen if opponent's monster declares an attack to me with while my opponent has only 1 card in their hand (for this scenario, let's assume that the card in their hand is a monster), and has a monster in Attack Position; while I control a face-up "Dimensional Fissure" and a face-up "Toll Hike"?

Renji Asuka

Post #229 by Renji Asuka » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:59 am

Cromat wrote:Question #40:

What happen if I control a "Dimensional Fissure" as face-up and activate "Crackdown" to take control of a monster of my opponent and; after that, activate "Self-Mummification"?

What would happen if opponent's monster declares an attack to me with while my opponent has only 1 card in their hand (for this scenario, let's assume that the card in their hand is a monster), and has a monster in Attack Position; while I control a face-up "Dimensional Fissure" and a face-up "Toll Hike"?

First one, the monster in question is banished.

For the 2nd one, the opponent cannot declare an attack. I'd imagine it'd work the same way as Gravekeeper's servant and Dimensional Fissure.

Cromat

Post #230 by Cromat » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:26 pm

Question #40.1:

Can your opponent use that effect of "Mirrorjade the Iceblade Dragon" [Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can send 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck to the GY that mentions "Fallen of Albaz" as material; banish 1 monster on the field, also this card cannot use this effect next turn.] while you have a face-up "Dimensional Fissure" and a face-up "Guardian Chimera" in Defense Position?

Question #41:

While I control no monster; I am activating "Crackdown" to take control of my opponent's "Guardian Chimera". (My opponent has no "Polymerization" in their GY by the way.) Then, my opponent is Special Summoned "Starving Venom Fusion Dragon" during their Main Phase. Can my opponent activate this effect of "Starving Venom Fusion Dragon" [If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can make this card gain ATK equal to 1 opponent's Special Summoned monster, until the end of this turn.]? I mean; can it gain equal ATK of "Guardian Chimera", because that "Guardian Chimera" isn't my Special Summoned monster. That is my opponent's Special Summoned monster, still that effect can be used?

Renji Asuka

Post #231 by Renji Asuka » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:25 am

Cromat wrote:Question #40.1:

Can your opponent use that effect of "Mirrorjade the Iceblade Dragon" [Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can send 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck to the GY that mentions "Fallen of Albaz" as material; banish 1 monster on the field, also this card cannot use this effect next turn.] while you have a face-up "Dimensional Fissure" and a face-up "Guardian Chimera" in Defense Position?

Question #41:

While I control no monster; I am activating "Crackdown" to take control of my opponent's "Guardian Chimera". (My opponent has no "Polymerization" in their GY by the way.) Then, my opponent is Special Summoned "Starving Venom Fusion Dragon" during their Main Phase. Can my opponent activate this effect of "Starving Venom Fusion Dragon" [If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can make this card gain ATK equal to 1 opponent's Special Summoned monster, until the end of this turn.]? I mean; can it gain equal ATK of "Guardian Chimera", because that "Guardian Chimera" isn't my Special Summoned monster. That is my opponent's Special Summoned monster, still that effect can be used?

The 1st question was already answered previously by GenexWrecker and I.

The 2nd Question is yes, because it is YOUR monster that was also special summoned previously as YOU took control of it.

Cromat

Post #232 by Cromat » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:19 pm

Question #42:

My opponent has a "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle" on their field in Attack Position. I control a "Skill Drain" and have a Set card on my field it's "Runick Freezing Curses". When opponent entered their Battle Phase and declared an attack; I am activating my Quick-Play Spell. Could you explain to me (with source) about the status of that Quick-Play Spell, opponent said that you cannot negate it because your Trap is already negated it.

Renji Asuka

Post #233 by Renji Asuka » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:02 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #42:

My opponent has a "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle" on their field in Attack Position. I control a "Skill Drain" and have a Set card on my field it's "Runick Freezing Curses". When opponent entered their Battle Phase and declared an attack; I am activating my Quick-Play Spell. Could you explain to me (with source) about the status of that Quick-Play Spell, opponent said that you cannot negate it because your Trap is already negated it.

If a card's effects are currently being negated, then they cannot be negated again by a different card.

Sauce: https://ygorganization.com/advanced-rul ... ent%20card.

Cromat

Post #234 by Cromat » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:24 pm

Question #43:

You control a face-up "Necrovalley" and a face-up "Inspector Boarder" and your opponent has a Set card on their Spell/Trap Zone. You are declaring an attack, and they activates their Set card the "Dogmatika Punishment", with it they send "Elder Entity N'tss" to their GY. Effect of "Dogmatika Punishment" and "Elder Entity N'tss" don't resolve simultaneously? I mean; you have an "Inspector Boarder"; how "Elder Entity N'tss" can try to destroy your "Necrovalley"?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #235 by Lil Oldman » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:45 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #43:

You control a face-up "Necrovalley" and a face-up "Inspector Boarder" and your opponent has a Set card on their Spell/Trap Zone. You are declaring an attack, and they activates their Set card the "Dogmatika Punishment", with it they send "Elder Entity N'tss" to their GY. Effect of "Dogmatika Punishment" and "Elder Entity N'tss" don't resolve simultaneously? I mean; you have an "Inspector Boarder"; how "Elder Entity N'tss" can try to destroy your "Necrovalley"?

If Boarder was cleared with Punishment, then in a new chain Ntss will attempt to activate, since it cannot activate until the chain is finished resolving.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Cromat

Post #236 by Cromat » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:14 am

Question #44:

I have a "Solemn Judgment" as Set on the field and opponent has a Set "Metaverse" on the field and has a "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle" on their hand. They activates "Metaverse" and declare effect of "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle", and saying to me you can't chain your "Solemn Judgment" to my "Metaverse". Because I activated "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle" effect [If a "Labrynth" card or effect or a Normal Trap Card was activated this turn, except "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle" (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand in Defense Position.] , ~ what you do think about that?

(Related issue's replay: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=168328-47466898 )

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #237 by Lil Oldman » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:30 am

Cromat wrote:Question #44:

I have a "Solemn Judgment" as Set on the field and opponent has a Set "Metaverse" on the field and has a "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle" on their hand. They activates "Metaverse" and declare effect of "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle", and saying to me you can't chain your "Solemn Judgment" to my "Metaverse". Because I activated "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle" effect, ~ what you do think about that?

(Related issue's replay: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=168328-47466898 )

Lady Labrynth's relevant effect is a Quick Effect in this case, which means it must go on top of the chain, instead of triggering on resolution on a new chain. This also means that when the condition is meet, in this case activating a trap, the opponent has the opportunity to respond with a Spell Speed 2 or higher effect. At this point, since the Judgement it is a Counter, it can no longer be chained. Considering there were only 2 seconds from Metaverse to Lady Labrynth, I would consider this not a reasonable amount of time.
I do wonder if the card wasnt a counter, would Lady Labrynth still be able to activate? Not sure on that part.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

greg503

Post #238 by greg503 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:41 am

Lil Oldman wrote:

I have a "Solemn Judgment" as Set on the field and opponent has a Set "Metaverse" on the field and has a "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle" on their hand. They activates "Metaverse" and declare effect of "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle", and saying to me you can't chain your "Solemn Judgment" to my "Metaverse". Because I activated "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle" effect, ~ what you do think about that?

Lady Labrynth's relevant effect is a Quick Effect in this case, which means it must go on top of the chain, instead of triggering on resolution on a new chain. This also means that when the condition is meet, in this case activating a trap, the opponent has the opportunity to respond with a Spell Speed 2 or higher effect. At this point, since the Judgement it is a Counter, it can no longer be chained. Considering there were only 2 seconds from Metaverse to Lady Labrynth, I would consider this not a reasonable amount of time.
I do wonder if the card wasnt a counter, would Lady Labrynth still be able to activate? Not sure on that part.

Given that Droll can be activated as CL2 beyond, it would
Buy Floowandereeze

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #239 by Fredblade » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:27 pm

I have a "Solemn Judgment" as Set on the field and opponent has a Set "Metaverse" on the field and has a "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle" on their hand. They activates "Metaverse" and declare effect of "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle", and saying to me you can't chain your "Solemn Judgment" to my "Metaverse". Because I activated "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle" effect [If a "Labrynth" card or effect or a Normal Trap Card was activated this turn, except "Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle" (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand in Defense Position.] , ~ what you do think about that?

First of All, your opponent cannot activate Metaverse then immediately chain Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle without asking you for a response to Metaverse first.
Second, I've seen people not understanding how Lady Labrynth works, she's similar to Multifaker in the sense that you have to wait for the chain to resolve then in a new chain after a previous one where a Trap was activated resolves, so he would have to first activate metaverse, wait for it to resolve, THEN they're allowed to activate Lady Labrynth's quick effect from that point onward. The Labrynth player would be allowed to chain Lady Labrynth to the metaverse if there was a normal trap card activated in a point prior that turn, but because I assume Metaverse was the first normal trap activated in that turn, chaining Lady Labrynth in that scenario is an illegal move.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #240 by Lil Oldman » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:58 am

Fredblade wrote:

First of All, your opponent cannot activate Metaverse then immediately chain Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle without asking you for a response to Metaverse first.
Second, I've seen people not understanding how Lady Labrynth works, she's similar to Multifaker in the sense that you have to wait for the chain to resolve then in a new chain after a previous one where a Trap was activated resolves, so he would have to first activate metaverse, wait for it to resolve, THEN they're allowed to activate Lady Labrynth's quick effect from that point onward. The Labrynth player would be allowed to chain Lady Labrynth to the metaverse if there was a normal trap card activated in a point prior that turn, but because I assume Metaverse was the first normal trap activated in that turn, chaining Lady Labrynth in that scenario is an illegal move.

I am quite sure it works more similar to Dark Infant/paleos rather than Multifaker, since she specifically states the effect is a quick effect.

Return to “Ask Me Anything”