Game Related Question

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Re: Game Related Question

Post #61 by Lil Oldman » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:47 am

Isn't this the same scenario with pendulums? Just changing up where they go when they leave the field
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Christen57

Post #62 by Christen57 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:31 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Cromat wrote:Question #13:

[1] Opponent has 1 "Macro Cosmos" on their field as face-up and when they entered their Main Phase 1: They're activating "Pot of Extravagance".
[2] I am responded its activation by activating of "Blizzard".

What will happen of opponent activated "Pot of Extravagance"?

(Replay link: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=168328-37427362)

Pot of Extravagance should be banished in this scenario. There was a special ruling put in place saying basically that Macro Cosmos's "banish instead" effect gets prioritized over Blizzard's "return to hand instead" effect: https://ygorganization.com/ocg-05-14-20-rulings-update/

Q: Macro Cosmos is face-up in my Spell & Trap Zone. In this situation, when my opponent activates Twin Twisters, but I chain Blizzard and target that Twin Twisters, what happens?
A: In this scenario, the effect of Twin Twisters is negated by the effect of the chained Blizzard. After the Chain is finished resolving, Twin Twisters is banished by the effect of Macro Cosmos instead of being sent to the Graveyard. (It is not returned to your opponent’s hand by the effect of Blizzard.)

Genexwrecker wrote:its effect gets negated and then after the chain has finished resolving it returns to the hand

The source I linked to says the spell should be banished in such a scenario, not returned to the hand.
oh so this is one of those stupid ones nice to know I cant apply the game mechanics and effects normally here. good job.(for all intents and purposes it should be the other way around but konami do what konami do smh)

Yeah, this ruling confused me too since the opposite ruling was given for Fantastic Striborg: https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Fantastic_Striborg

For Fantastic Striborg, it's ruled that the tributed monster would indeed return to the hand instead of going to the graveyard, but in the case of Blizzard, it's ruled that the spell is banished instead of going to the graveyard.

Christen57

Post #63 by Christen57 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:38 am

Lil Oldman wrote:Isn't this the same scenario with pendulums? Just changing up where they go when they leave the field

That ruling is that, effects that would cause a pendulum to get banished instead of being sent to the graveyard will override the pendulum's mechanic of going to the extra deck instead of the graveyard.

Genexwrecker

Post #64 by Genexwrecker » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:50 am

greg503 wrote:
Cromat wrote:
Christen57 wrote:How dare I what?

Nothing, you just do not understood of the joke. Also according to your post that Genexwrecker is wrong.

Judges are not infallible

to be fair I was and am correct on the mechanic. konami just happens to have a giant fuck u installed here.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

greg503

Post #65 by greg503 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:08 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Cromat wrote:
Nothing, you just do not understood of the joke. Also according to your post that Genexwrecker is wrong.

to be fair I was and am correct on the mechanic. konami just happens to have a giant fuck u installed here.

Exactly, just like with that silly Babycerasaurus ruling
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #66 by Cromat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:55 pm

Question #14:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[1] Opponent paid 2000 LP and send of "Fusion Destiny" from their Main Deck to their GY after they Link Summoned of "Predaplant Verte Anaconda".
[2] After that, I sent of "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring" from my hand to my GY for to prevent the opponent from using Fusion Materials.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After all this, can the opponent Summon of "Destiny HERO - Destroyer Phoenix Enforcer" from their Extra Deck?

Christen57

Post #67 by Christen57 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:18 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #14:
[1] Opponent paid 2000 LP and send of "Fusion Destiny" from their Main Deck to their GY after they Link Summoned of "Predaplant Verte Anaconda".
[2] After that, I sent of "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring" from my hand to my GY for to prevent the opponent from using Fusion Materials.

After all this, can the opponent Summon of "Destiny HERO - Destroyer Phoenix Enforcer" from their Extra Deck?

Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring can't be chained to either of Predaplant Verte Anaconda's effects. https://www.reddit.com/r/Yugioh101/comments/dsmx5p/question_can_be_predaplant_verte_anaconda_using/

Christen57

Post #68 by Christen57 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:21 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Cromat wrote:

I have a ruling question of my own. Can the new Mysterune spells that say "skip your next Battle Phase after this card resolves" be activated on the first turn of the duel, allowing me to bypass the "no attacking on the first turn" rule?

Cromat

Post #69 by Cromat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:41 pm

[1]
Christen57 wrote:Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring can't be chained to either of Predaplant Verte Anaconda's effects. https://www.reddit.com/r/Yugioh101/comments/dsmx5p/question_can_be_predaplant_verte_anaconda_using/

I know it, I read it before. But text of Fusion Destiny card says "using monsters from your hand or Deck as Fusion Material". I am wanted to prevent to send their Fusion Materials from their Main Deck to GY. When it happens, why Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring cannot be used here? I do not want to prevent the opponent from send their Spell to GY.

[2]
Christen57 wrote:I have a ruling question of my own. Can the new Mysterune spells that say "skip your next Battle Phase after this card resolves" be activated on the first turn of the duel, allowing me to bypass the "no attacking on the first turn" rule?

If so when the Duel starts I drew of "Palladium Oracle Mahad" during the first turn of the Duel. Can I reveal it; and Special Summon from my hand?

Genexwrecker

Post #70 by Genexwrecker » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:43 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
greg503 wrote:Judges are not infallible

I have a ruling question of my own. Can the new Mysterune spells that say "skip your next Battle Phase after this card resolves" be activated on the first turn of the duel, allowing me to bypass the "no attacking on the first turn" rule?

It will skip the battle phase of your next turn or the next possible turn that you have your battle phase.

Cromat

Post #71 by Cromat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:22 pm

Cromat wrote:[1]
Christen57 wrote:Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring can't be chained to either of Predaplant Verte Anaconda's effects. https://www.reddit.com/r/Yugioh101/comments/dsmx5p/question_can_be_predaplant_verte_anaconda_using/

I know it, I read it before. But text of Fusion Destiny card says "using monsters from your hand or Deck as Fusion Material". I am wanted to prevent to send their Fusion Materials from their Main Deck to GY. When it happens, why Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring cannot be used here? I do not want to prevent the opponent from send their Spell to GY.

[2]
Christen57 wrote:I have a ruling question of my own. Can the new Mysterune spells that say "skip your next Battle Phase after this card resolves" be activated on the first turn of the duel, allowing me to bypass the "no attacking on the first turn" rule?

If so when the Duel starts I drew of "Palladium Oracle Mahad" during the first turn of the Duel. Can I reveal it; and Special Summon from my hand?

Well, it seems that the answers to portion [1] and [2] are the same: "No."

greg503

Post #72 by greg503 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:33 am

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
greg503 wrote:Judges are not infallible

Yes, that is how they work, since you have a "next battle phase" on turn 3
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #73 by Christen57 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:40 am

Cromat wrote:[1]

Predaplant Verte Anaconda sends the spell to the graveyard as a cost, not as part of the effect. Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring doesn't negate effects that send to the graveyard as a cost. It does negate effects that send to the graveyard as part of the effect, such as Foolish Burial.

Predaplant Verte Anaconda's effect isn't to add to the hand, send to the graveyard, or special summon, a card from the deck. Predaplant Verte Anaconda's effect is to simply copy another spell's effect. The fact that the spell being copied includes an effect that sends from the deck to the graveyard is irrelevant. Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring can only be chained to an effect that would directly add to the hand, send to the graveyard, or special summon, from the deck, not an effect that would only copy a separate effect that would do such things.

Drawing cards for your opening hand won't trigger any effects like Palladium Oracle Mahad's. You won't get to use that effect in such a scenario. The same is true for Lappis Dragon, a card with a similar effect. https://www.reddit.com/r/Yugioh101/comments/apojyt/lappis_dragon/

Wek

Post #74 by Wek » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:34 am

Christen57 wrote:

Drawing cards for your opening hand won't trigger any effects like Palladium Oracle Mahad's. You won't get to use that effect in such a scenario. The same is true for Lappis Dragon, a card with a similar effect. https://www.reddit.com/r/Yugioh101/comments/apojyt/lappis_dragon/

Reddit isn't a source. :| That link says Lappis doesn't trigger off of being drawn at all, opening hand or not. :?

While I don't think anything specifically says they don't trigger, given you draw your opening hand before the game begins good chance you won't trigger those effects by opening with those cards.

Genexwrecker

Post #75 by Genexwrecker » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:42 am

Christen57 wrote:
Cromat wrote:Question #14:

Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring can't be chained to either of Predaplant Verte Anaconda's effects. https://www.reddit.com/r/Yugioh101/comments/dsmx5p/question_can_be_predaplant_verte_anaconda_using/

Please DO NOT ever use reddit as a source when answering ruling questions it is not a source.

Cromat

Post #76 by Cromat » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:38 pm

Question #15:

Opponent drew 1 card from their Main Deck by effect of "Santa Claws" while I control a face-up "Mystic Mine", I told them that you cannot draw. They were drew of "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring". They shuffled of "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring" into their Main Deck and said to me go on to Duel. I said "Illegal drawn cards must be place to top of Deck and Deck shouldn't be shuffled." Therefore "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring" must be stay to my opponent's hand, they must enter their Draw Phase without draw card, am I correct?

● Opponent shuffled of "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring" into their Main Deck and wanted to continue to Duel with it.
● Replay link: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=168328-37579875

How do you assess the situation?

Genexwrecker

Post #77 by Genexwrecker » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:49 pm

I reveal the ash blossom and have the player place it on top of the deck without shuffling. Infringing player gets procedural error minor warning

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #78 by DarwisBellium92 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:59 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #15:

Opponent drew 1 card from their Main Deck by effect of "Santa Claws" while I control a face-up "Mystic Mine", I told them that you cannot draw. They were drew of "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring". They shuffled of "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring" into their Main Deck and said to me go on to Duel. I said "Illegal drawn cards must be place to top of Deck and Deck shouldn't be shuffled." Therefore "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring" must be stay to my opponent's hand, they must enter their Draw Phase without draw card, am I correct?

● Opponent shuffled of "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring" into their Main Deck and wanted to continue to Duel with it.
● Replay link: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=168328-37579875

How do you assess the situation?

That situation, don't apply
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

Cromat

Post #79 by Cromat » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:18 pm

Question 16:

[1] Opponent Flip Summoned of "Krawler Axon" and activated its effect by targeting my "Prohibition".
[2] I responded with "Effect Veiler".
[3] Opponent activated their "Dark Factory of More Production" by sending of "Krawler Axon" to the GY.
[4] I activated my "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring" for to prevent the opponent from drawing 1 card.

● Opponent says "Prohibition" is still gonna be destroyed because "Krawler Axon" is no longer on the field as face-up, therefore "Effect Veiler" cannot negate it.

Is the opponent telling the truth, or was he/she attempted to cheating?

greg503

Post #80 by greg503 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:20 pm

Cromat wrote:Question 16:

[1] Opponent Flip Summoned of "Krawler Axon" and activated its effect by targeting my "Prohibition".
[2] I responded with "Effect Veiler".
[3] Opponent activated their "Dark Factory of More Production" by sending of "Krawler Axon" to the GY.
[4] I activated my "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring" for to prevent the opponent from drawing 1 card.

● Opponent says "Prohibition" is still gonna be destroyed because "Krawler Axon" is no longer on the field as face-up, therefore "Effect Veiler" cannot negate it.

Is the opponent telling the truth, or was he/she attempted to cheating?

Yes, Effect Veiler fizzles in this situation
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Ask Me Anything”