Game Related Question

Cromat

Re: Game Related Question

Post #41 by Cromat » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:01 pm

Question #10:

● Opponent activated their effect of "Predaplant Verte Anaconda" by paying 2000 LP and sending 1 "Red-Eyes Fusion".
● I am responded it by sending "Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit" of my GY.
● Then opponent sent their Link Monster to their GY, after that, they sent to GY from their Main Deck of "Dark Magician" and sent from hand to GY of "Red-Eyes Black Dragon".
● Opponent Summoned their "Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon". (Opponent is insisting about it that they can still Summon of "Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon".)

Their Link Monster should destroyed and it cannot Summon that Fusion Monster or still Link Monster is destroyed and the Fusion Monster can be Summoned as successfully?

(State your opinion on the subject, please. Replay link: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=168328-37097180)

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #42 by Lil Oldman » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:08 pm

If I am not mistaken, only continous, equip and field spells are required to be face-up on the field to resolve their effects.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

greg503

Post #43 by greg503 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:56 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #10:

● Opponent activated their effect of "Predaplant Verte Anaconda" by paying 2000 LP and sending 1 "Red-Eyes Fusion".
● I am responded it by sending "Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit" of my GY.
● Then opponent sent their Link Monster to their GY, after that, they sent to GY from their Main Deck of "Dark Magician" and sent from hand to GY of "Red-Eyes Black Dragon".
● Opponent Summoned their "Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon". (Opponent is insisting about it that they can still Summon of "Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon".)

Their Link Monster should destroyed and it cannot Summon that Fusion Monster or still Link Monster is destroyed and the Fusion Monster can be Summoned as successfully?

(State your opinion on the subject, please. Replay link: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=168328-37097180)

Monsters that activate their effect can be destroyed and the effect will still resolve unless stated otherwise on the card
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #44 by Cromat » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:42 am

Extra Section

(Question #11):

I entered my Draw Phase and drew a card for my normal Draw Phase, then to Standby Phase, then finally arrived to my Main Phase 1. Opponent activated effect of their "Galatea, the Orcust Automaton", thence I activated "Triple Tactics Talent" for to draw 2 card by its effect. After that, opponent started to typing me as "Hey, in SP, I mean to activate it you entered your Main Phase so quickly" which as too sneaky. Thus I realized how people getting higher rank and getting that much rating point. To justify their sneaky behavior, they began to write the paragraphs that were asked in the university exam. Even furthermore, they immediately copied/pasted log record to cover up their own behavior. And says "Look to log, log is clear you did it same second and gave me no time to activate monster's effect at your SP." I asked my opponent that what would them do if their opponent had made same kind behavior to you? Because I advocate that you activated your monster's effect during my Main Phase, so I can activate my Spell, that's it. Opponent advocates as denied to act like that and show me to log record by copy/paste them for to justify their behavior. And says to me that you have to get my permission before do anything as clearly.

Replay link: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=168328-37302912

Me..? Of course I did call to Judge, what would you do if you were in same situation? (Please explain yourself..)

Slitina

Post #45 by Slitina » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:25 pm

Cromat wrote: Extra Section

(Question #11):

I entered my Draw Phase and drew a card for my normal Draw Phase, then to Standby Phase, then finally arrived to my Main Phase 1. Opponent activated effect of their "Galatea, the Orcust Automaton", thence I activated "Triple Tactics Talent" for to draw 2 card by its effect. After that, opponent started to typing me as "Hey, in SP, I mean to activate it you entered your Main Phase so quickly" which as too sneaky. Thus I realized how people getting higher rank and getting that much rating point. To justify their sneaky behavior, they began to write the paragraphs that were asked in the university exam. Even furthermore, they immediately copied/pasted log record to cover up their own behavior. And says "Look to log, log is clear you did it same second and gave me no time to activate monster's effect at your SP." I asked my opponent that what would them do if their opponent had made same kind behavior to you? Because I advocate that you activated your monster's effect during my Main Phase, so I can activate my Spell, that's it. Opponent advocates as denied to act like that and show me to log record by copy/paste them for to justify their behavior. And says to me that you have to get my permission before do anything as clearly.

Me..? Of course I did call to Judge, what would you do if you were in same situation? (Please explain yourself..)
Quite simply put you clicked on Standby Phase without giving your opponent to react or to do anythin. Standby Phase is quite relevant in this scenario since you also have Cauldron of the Old Man in play. You could had easily when you clicked on Standby Phase and asked if they have anything to play before proceeding to the next phase.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Genexwrecker

Post #46 by Genexwrecker » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:56 pm

(Question #11):

the galatea was illegal and so was your talents if we assume its m1 they activated galatea the very second you tried to move to m1 so its very reasonable to know it is being used in sp as its illegal to use it in m1 here. I would rewind to sp not allow the talents and give you a warning for sharking.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Cromat

Post #47 by Cromat » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:41 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:

(Question #11):

the galatea was illegal and so was your talents if we assume its m1 they activated galatea the very second you tried to move to m1 so its very reasonable to know it is being used in sp as its illegal to use it in m1 here. I would rewind to sp not allow the talents and give you a warning for sharking.

[1] I entered my phases as normal, it is OK. There is no problem.
[2] Opponent activated effect of "Galatea, the Orcust Automaton"; put to top of their Main Deck to "Orcust Cymbal Skeleton", then Set face-down of "Orcustrated Return" from their Main Deck directly.
[3] After that, I activated "Triple Tactics Talent"; declared its effect.
[4] Opponent saw that; and suddenly decided say it: "in sp".

● We did rewind the game already. I didn't attempt to sharking. The point I want to focus on is they saw my Spell and changed their decision; thus, they tried to prevent me from drawing cards. But I understand you. It's your job to decide against me, I know. Why don't you get online when I called the Judge next time, herewith you can give a Warning that moment. (Also appealing I am to your decision which you wanted to give me a warning.)

Did we understand each other, Genexwrecker?
Sincerely.
(Genexwrecker is the best Judge!)

Genexwrecker

Post #48 by Genexwrecker » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:04 pm

Cromat wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

(Question #11):

[1] I entered my phases as normal, it is OK. There is no problem.
[2] Opponent activated effect of "Galatea, the Orcust Automaton"; put to top of their Main Deck to "Orcust Cymbal Skeleton", then Set face-down of "Orcustrated Return" from their Main Deck directly.
[3] After that, I activated "Triple Tactics Talent"; declared its effect.
[4] Opponent saw that; and suddenly decided say it: "in sp".

● We did rewind the game already. I didn't attempt to sharking. The point I want to focus on is they saw my Spell and changed their decision; thus, they tried to prevent me from drawing cards. But I understand you. It's your job to decide against me, I know. Why don't you get online when I called the Judge next time, herewith you can give a Warning that moment. (Also appealing I am to your decision which you wanted to give me a warning.)

Did we understand each other, Genexwrecker?
Sincerely.
ur trying to make this about cheating or take backs when it isnt. The effect literally cannot be user except in sp or dp here. The players are expected to know this. Therefore it should have been obvious that their effect was in sp when you attempted to switch to m1 so the opp didnt feel a need to clarify especially since both actions happened at once. They only said something when you tried to use an illegal effect. This is not about them trying to take back plays this is about you trying to make your own rules for the situation that was not complicated. You tried to move to m1 they activated a fast effect in response to that reuest to move phases meaning it is still sp no matter what your phase marker says. The turn is not m1 simple becausecyou hit the phase marker for it. The marker is a request not the qctuql phase. These are core gameplay elements everyone is expected to know and coverer by fast effect timing.

Cromat

Post #49 by Cromat » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:54 pm

● Actually I explained why I did it.
● I never tried to cheat.
● I didn't try to make my own rules.
● I called Judge already for that.
● I already said that I will move the topic to the Forum, at the chat of Duel.
● So, I took it back as my opponent said and continued the game.
● I raised the issue in the Forum.
● I got my answer and got my warning from you.

Even if we don't get agreed each other some point about the issue, don't talk like you're angry with me. Thank you for your help and thoughtful behavior.

Best regards..

Genexwrecker

Post #50 by Genexwrecker » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:11 pm

Cromat wrote:● Actually I explained why I did it.
● I never tried to cheat.
● I didn't try to make my own rules.
● I called Judge already for that.
● I already said that I will move the topic to the Forum, at the chat of Duel.
● So, I took it back as my opponent said and continued the game.
● I raised the issue in the Forum.
● I got my answer and got my warning from you.

Even if we don't get agreed each other some point about the issue, don't talk like you're angry with me. Thank you for your help and thoughtful behavior.

Best regards..
you quoted me making a debate about “them changing their mind after seeing x” so i replied with how I would evaluate that as well as what you should consider for the situation moving forward. Also you dint have any warnings lol remember Im merely telling you how I would break this down and handle it in a call ur good dude dont worry.

Cromat

Post #51 by Cromat » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:04 pm

● Opponent activated "Dracoback, the Rideable Dragon" by equipping their "Adventurer Token".
● I responded with "Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell".

Does opponent re-equip of "Dracoback, the Rideable Dragon" to the Token from their GY at that moment?

greg503

Post #52 by greg503 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:07 pm

Cromat wrote:● Opponent activated "Dracoback, the Rideable Dragon" by equipping their "Adventurer Token".
● I responded with "Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell".

Does opponent re-equip of "Dracoback, the Rideable Dragon" to the Token from their GY at that moment?

Yes, they are activating the effect of the Spell and not the Spell itself
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #53 by Cromat » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:20 pm

Question #13:

[1] Opponent has 1 "Macro Cosmos" on their field as face-up and when they entered their Main Phase 1: They're activating "Pot of Extravagance".
[2] I am responded its activation by activating of "Blizzard".

What will happen of opponent activated "Pot of Extravagance"?

(Replay link: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=168328-37427362)

Genexwrecker

Post #54 by Genexwrecker » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:37 pm

I hate konami
Last edited by Genexwrecker on Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Christen57

Post #55 by Christen57 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:43 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #13:

[1] Opponent has 1 "Macro Cosmos" on their field as face-up and when they entered their Main Phase 1: They're activating "Pot of Extravagance".

Pot of Extravagance should be banished in this scenario. There was a special ruling put in place saying basically that Macro Cosmos's "banish instead" effect gets prioritized over Blizzard's "return to hand instead" effect: https://ygorganization.com/ocg-05-14-20-rulings-update/

Q: Macro Cosmos is face-up in my Spell & Trap Zone. In this situation, when my opponent activates Twin Twisters, but I chain Blizzard and target that Twin Twisters, what happens?
A: In this scenario, the effect of Twin Twisters is negated by the effect of the chained Blizzard. After the Chain is finished resolving, Twin Twisters is banished by the effect of Macro Cosmos instead of being sent to the Graveyard. (It is not returned to your opponent’s hand by the effect of Blizzard.)

Genexwrecker wrote:its effect gets negated and then after the chain has finished resolving it returns to the hand

The source I linked to says the spell should be banished in such a scenario, not returned to the hand.

Cromat

Post #56 by Cromat » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:56 pm

Christen57 wrote:

Pot of Extravagance should be banished in this scenario. There was a special ruling put in place saying basically that Macro Cosmos's "banish instead" effect gets prioritized over Blizzard's "return to hand instead" effect: https://ygorganization.com/ocg-05-14-20-rulings-update/

Q: Macro Cosmos is face-up in my Spell & Trap Zone. In this situation, when my opponent activates Twin Twisters, but I chain Blizzard and target that Twin Twisters, what happens?
A: In this scenario, the effect of Twin Twisters is negated by the effect of the chained Blizzard. After the Chain is finished resolving, Twin Twisters is banished by the effect of Macro Cosmos instead of being sent to the Graveyard. (It is not returned to your opponent’s hand by the effect of Blizzard.)

Genexwrecker wrote:its effect gets negated and then after the chain has finished resolving it returns to the hand

The source I linked to says the spell should be banished in such a scenario, not returned to the hand.

(How dare you, Christen57; don't you know that Genexwrecker is the best Judge!)

Christen57

Post #57 by Christen57 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:58 pm

Cromat wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

(How dare you, Christen57; don't you know that Genexwrecker is the best Judge!)

How dare I what?

Cromat

Post #58 by Cromat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:08 am

Christen57 wrote:How dare I what?

Nothing, you just do not understood of the joke. Also according to your post that Genexwrecker is wrong.

greg503

Post #59 by greg503 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:33 am

Cromat wrote:
Christen57 wrote:How dare I what?

Nothing, you just do not understood of the joke. Also according to your post that Genexwrecker is wrong.

Judges are not infallible
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #60 by Genexwrecker » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:07 am

Christen57 wrote:

oh so this is one of those stupid ones nice to know I cant apply the game mechanics and effects normally here. good job.(for all intents and purposes it should be the other way around but konami do what konami do smh)

Return to “Ask Me Anything”