Re: Game Related Question

Post #21 by greg503 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:34 am

Discarding to hand size happens during your End Phase
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #22 by Cromat » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:44 pm

Question #7:

Portion 1:
I am activated "De-Fusion" by targetting "Destiny HERO - Destroyer Phoenix Enforcer" which is under control of my opponent; they activated that Fusion's effect for destroy I just activated Spell (and also itself).

Portion 2:
I am activating "Raigeki" while opponent has "Destiny HERO - Destroyer Phoenix Enforcer" as face-up; they activating its effect for destroy my Spell (and also itself).

Portion 3:
Those are destroying my Spells, really; or this game is reached to being sucks as far as it can?

greg503

Post #23 by greg503 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:10 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #7:

Portion 1:
I am activated "De-Fusion" by targetting "Destiny HERO - Destroyer Phoenix Enforcer" which is under control of my opponent; they activated that Fusion's effect for destroy I just activated Spell (and also itself).

Portion 2:
I am activating "Raigeki" while opponent has "Destiny HERO - Destroyer Phoenix Enforcer" as face-up; they activating its effect for destroy my Spell (and also itself).

Portion 3:
Those are destroying my Spells, really; or this game is reached to being sucks as far as it can?

Yes, they can chain DPE to destroy spells you activate, since the two you mentioned aren't continuous they will then resolve. De-Fusion (I forget whether the real version lets you target your opponents cards but I will assume it does) resolves without effect since the target left the field, while Raigeki will destroy their other monsters, then in a new chain, the can activate DPE's other effect.
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #24 by Cromat » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:15 pm

greg503 wrote:
Cromat wrote:Question #7:

Portion 1:

Portion 2:

Portion 3:

Yes, they can chain DPE to destroy spells you activate, since the two you mentioned aren't continuous they will then resolve. De-Fusion (I forget whether the real version lets you target your opponents cards but I will assume it does) resolves without effect since the target left the field, while Raigeki will destroy their other monsters, then in a new chain, the can activate DPE's other effect.

So, you are saying that when I activate De-Fusion, Raigeki, Lightning Storm and/or Dark Hole while no card on the field at that moment but Destiny HERO - Destroyer Phoenix Enforcer, that Fusion Monster can destroy itself and I just activated Spell, thus it can make my card trash? Have I understood clear?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #25 by Lil Oldman » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:21 pm

Yes.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Cromat

Post #26 by Cromat » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:32 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:Yes.

Well, tell them then that don't call Judges when they activated Dark Hole, Lightning Storm and/or Harpie's Feather Duster and I responded with Mystical Space Typhoon. Because I will destroy their Spells too.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #27 by Lil Oldman » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:10 am

Cromat wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Yes.

Well, tell them then that don't call Judges when they activated Dark Hole, Lightning Storm and/or Harpie's Feather Duster and I responded with Mystical Space Typhoon. Because I will destroy their Spells too.

I don't get what you mean. The scenarios you are describing are different.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

Cromat

Post #28 by Cromat » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:38 am

Question #8

(a)
While ATK of "Gren Maju Da Eiza" was 6400, "Number 61: Volcasaurus" is destroyed that Effect Monster by using its effect. Opponent will take 6400 damage or taken no damage?

(b)
While ATK of "Eater of Millions" was 1600, "Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon" used its effect for destroy "Eater of Millions", opponent will take 1600 damage or not?

Christen57

Post #29 by Christen57 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:41 pm

Cromat wrote:
Question #8

(a)
While ATK of "Gren Maju Da Eiza" was 6400, "Number 61: Volcasaurus" is destroyed that Effect Monster by using its effect. Opponent will take 6400 damage or taken no damage?

(b)
While ATK of "Eater of Millions" was 1600, "Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon" used its effect for destroy "Eater of Millions", opponent will take 1600 damage or not?

https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Number_61:_Volcasaurus

Monster whose original ATK is 0 or ?: The targeted monster is destroyed, but the opponent takes no damage.

Cromat

Post #30 by Cromat » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:27 am

Question #9:

● Chain Link 1: Opponent activating effect of their "Accesscode Talker" by banishing 1 Link Monster from their graveyard.
● Chain Link 2: I am chaining my Trap card; the "Ice Dragon's Prison" by targeting opponent's Link Monster that in graveyard of my opponent. (Opponent has only 1 Link Monster to banish in their graveyard that moment.)
● Chain Link 3: Opponent chaining effect of "Borreload Savage Dragon" which is on opponent's field as face-up, that for negate my activated Trap.
● Chain Link 4: Last link of the chain is: Activated by me the "Paleozoic Dinomischus" by targeting opponent's Synchro Monster (the Borreload Savage Dragon).

> Chain Link will be resolved normally as "Borreload Savage Dragon" will negate of "Ice Dragon's Prison" or it will not do it because of "Paleozoic Dinomischus"; that means it banished that Synchro Monster thus that won't be able to negate of that Trap (the "Ice Dragon's Prison") and I can Summon opponent's graveyard to that Link Monster before they banished it which is attempted to banish for effect of "Borreload Savage Dragon"? <

(I was really tired while typing that question.)

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #31 by Lil Oldman » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:12 am

Cromat wrote:Question #9:

● Chain Link 1: Opponent activating effect of their "Accesscode Talker" by banishing 1 Link Monster from their graveyard.
● Chain Link 2: I am chaining my Trap card; the "Ice Dragon's Prison" by targeting opponent's Link Monster that in graveyard of my opponent. (Opponent has only 1 Link Monster to banish in their graveyard that moment.)
● Chain Link 3: Opponent chaining effect of "Borreload Savage Dragon" which is on opponent's field as face-up, that for negate my activated Trap.
● Chain Link 4: Last link of the chain is: Activated by me the "Paleozoic Dinomischus" by targeting opponent's Synchro Monster (the Borreload Savage Dragon).

> Chain Link will be resolved normally as "Borreload Savage Dragon" will negate of "Ice Dragon's Prison" or it will not do it because of "Paleozoic Dinomischus"; that means it banished that Synchro Monster thus that won't be able to negate of that Trap (the "Ice Dragon's Prison") and I can Summon opponent's graveyard to that Link Monster before they banished it which is attempted to banish for effect of "Borreload Savage Dragon"? <

A) Acesscode banishing is cost, so you cannot activate nothing until the thing banishes.
B) Savege, to my understanding, doesn't need to be on the field to activate, only needs to remove the counter. (As cost too.)
C)Dinomischus doesn't negate, so Borreload leaving the field does nothing on the chain.

greg503

Post #32 by greg503 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:19 am

Cromat wrote:Question #9:

You can't chain to Accesscode lmao
Buy Floowandereeze

Slitina

Post #33 by Slitina » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:04 pm

All this work with chaining with an effect that can’t be responded to. Accesscode Talker: Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card's effect activations.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Danobious17

Post #34 by Danobious17 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:11 pm

How does a deck check work if you've started a tournament on DB?

Christen57

Post #35 by Christen57 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:20 pm

Danobious17 wrote:How does a deck check work if you've started a tournament on DB?

The system automatically checks your deck and lets you know if it's compatible with the banlist and everything. There's no need for a third party to verify your deck.

greg503

Post #36 by greg503 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:43 am

Christen57 wrote:
Danobious17 wrote:How does a deck check work if you've started a tournament on DB?

The system automatically checks your deck and lets you know if it's compatible with the banlist and everything. There's no need for a third party to verify your deck.

Unless of course, you're not playing a format that DB supports
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #37 by Christen57 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:05 am

greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

He was asking about tournaments — a format that duelingbook does support.

greg503

Post #38 by greg503 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:46 pm

Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Tournaments are not a format in and of themselves, if I wanted to host an Edison tournament I would need to make sure they were using decks of that format
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #39 by Christen57 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:01 pm

greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Unless of course, you're not playing a format that DB supports

Tournaments are not a format in and of themselves, if I wanted to host an Edison tournament I would need to make sure they were using decks of that format

I thought he meant regular advanced format tournaments.

greg503

Post #40 by greg503 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:10 pm

Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

I thought he meant regular advanced format tournaments.

I know, and it's fine if that is, which is why I mentioned other formats
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Ask Me Anything”