Game Related Question

greg503

Re: Game Related Question

Post #201 by greg503 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:08 am

Cromat wrote:Question #32:
Opponent controls a face-up "Cyber Dragon Herz", then activate "Machine Duplication" by targeting "Cyber Dragon Herz". I activated to that Spell's activation the "Bad Aim" by targeting "Cyber Dragon Herz". Can opponent still Summon of their "Cyber Dragon" monsters?

No target? No effect on resolution
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #202 by Cromat » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:11 pm

Question #33:

[1] Opponent Summons of "Salamangreat Heatleo" during their Main Phase 1. And you give response to that by activating your Set "Demise of the Land".
Because of priority that is opponent's turn therefore "Salamangreat Heatleo" will resolve first then they can shuffle 1 card from your Spell & Trap Zone into your Deck then your Quick-Play Spell resolves and you can place your "Mystic Mine".
When "Salamangreat Heatleo" Summoned: Because of the priorty, they can target 1 card from your Spell & Trap Zone; then your "Mystic Mine" arrives to field, and they can shuffle of your "Mystic Mine" into your Deck back.

[2] Opponent Summons of "Tri-Brigade Shuraig the Ominous Omen" during their Main Phase 1. And you give response of that by activating your Set "Demise of the Land".
Opponent's turn it is so, they can banish 1 card on the field. For example if they pointed your Set "Demise of the Land" for meaning banish it. And if you activated that Quick-Play Spell to response of that Link Monster's Summon: Your Quick-Play Spell is banished and your "Mystic Mine" arrive to field successfully.
Chain Links resolve backwards, so your "Mystic Mine" will arrives to field, then your opponent banish it.

According to [1] and [2]; what happens (which one starting with []) as correctly, explain please. If there is something as wrong to event(s), explain it too. Then fix it by explaining correct one.

greg503

Post #203 by greg503 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:24 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #33:

[1] Opponent Summons of "Salamangreat Heatleo" during their Main Phase 1. And you give response to that by activating your Set "Demise of the Land".
Because of priority that is opponent's turn therefore "Salamangreat Heatleo" will resolve first then they can shuffle 1 card from your Spell & Trap Zone into your Deck then your Quick-Play Spell resolves and you can place your "Mystic Mine".
When "Salamangreat Heatleo" Summoned: Because of the priorty, they can target 1 card from your Spell & Trap Zone; then your "Mystic Mine" arrives to field, and they can shuffle of your "Mystic Mine" into your Deck back.

[2] Opponent Summons of "Tri-Brigade Shuraig the Ominous Omen" during their Main Phase 1. And you give response of that by activating your Set "Demise of the Land".
Opponent's turn it is so, they can banish 1 card on the field. For example if they pointed your Set "Demise of the Land" for meaning banish it. And if you activated that Quick-Play Spell to response of that Link Monster's Summon: Your Quick-Play Spell is banished and your "Mystic Mine" arrive to field successfully.
Chain Links resolve backwards, so your "Mystic Mine" will arrives to field, then your opponent banish it.

According to [1] and [2]; what happens (which one starting with []) as correctly, explain please. If there is something as wrong to event(s), explain it too. Then fix it by explaining correct one.

Since Heatleo targets, it cannot get rid of a Mine placed off of Demise of the Land because it won't be targeting the Mine placed during resolving the Chain. However, Shuraig doesn't target, so it designates the card to banish when the effect resolves. Therefore, Shuraig can banish the Mine since it will be on the field when Shuraig's effect resolves.
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #204 by Cromat » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:10 pm

Question #34:

For "Sky Striker Maneuver - Vector Blast"; when I activated that.. For shuffle into Deck of my opponent's monsters from Extra Monster Zone, must be in my GY 3 or more Spell that when I activated, or, when I send 2 cards from top of my Deck to GY, after that, now there are 3 or more Spell became at my GY; for I can shuffle cards from my opponent's Extra Monster Zone's to their Deck?

(I hope I succeeded to make you understand the question that I asked.)

Wek

Post #205 by Wek » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:25 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #34:

For "Sky Striker Maneuver - Vector Blast"; when I activated that.. For shuffle into Deck of my opponent's monsters from Extra Monster Zone, must be in my GY 3 or more Spell that when I activated, or, when I send 2 cards from top of my Deck to GY, after that, now there are 3 or more Spell became at my GY; for I can shuffle cards from my opponent's Extra Monster Zone's to their Deck?

(I hope I succeeded to make you understand the question that I asked.)

https://db.ygorganization.com/qa#21992

Cromat

Post #206 by Cromat » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:04 am

Question #35:

I had drawn a card from my Main Deck by misunderstanding "Extra Net"; when opponent made a Special Summon from their Main Deck, opponent warned me, so I placed it to top of my Deck back. Should I shuffle my Deck or I have to show that illegal drawn card to my opponent? What should be done? (The opponent told me "You have to show that card to me because that is Ruling." But I know as that illegal drawn card(s) must place to top of Deck in same order and Deck shouldn't shuffle. Or do you prefer to give a warning me?)

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #207 by Lil Oldman » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:38 am

Cromat wrote:Question #35:

I had drawn a card from my Main Deck by misunderstanding "Extra Net"; when opponent made a Special Summon from their Main Deck, opponent warned me, so I placed it to top of my Deck back. Should I shuffle my Deck or I have to show that illegal drawn card to my opponent? What should be done? (The opponent told me "You have to show that card to me because that is Ruling." But I know as that illegal drawn card(s) must place to top of Deck in same order and Deck shouldn't shuffle. Or do you prefer to give a warning me?)

Well, you do make an irreparable game state through this. I remember someone telling that was the reason Time Seal got banned at some point. For allowing Rule Sharking. I guess I would show and place the card on top, but according to Konami's Policy, and I quote
Giving false information about information that is considered Private Knowledge, or intentionally revealing information that is considered Private Knowledge, may result in a Disqualification penalty.

Which includes the Deck, so in theory, while in organized play, like rated, you could get a penalty from that.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Wek

Post #208 by Wek » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:11 am

Lil Oldman wrote:

Well, you do make an irreparable game state through this. I remember someone telling that was the reason Time Seal got banned at some point. For allowing Rule Sharking. I guess I would show and place the card on top, but according to Konami's Policy, and I quote
Giving false information about information that is considered Private Knowledge, or intentionally revealing information that is considered Private Knowledge, may result in a Disqualification penalty.

Which includes the Deck, so in theory, while in organized play, like rated, you could get a penalty from that.

https://img.yugioh-card.com/en/download ... _v_2_1.pdf Page 22

1. DC – Minor: (Warning)
This penalty is appropriate when a Duelist has drawn cards from their Deck when not allowed to
do so, and the cards can be clearly identified by both Duelists or logically identified by a judge.

• The cards should be shown to both Duelists and then returned to their original areas, in
their original order.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #209 by Lil Oldman » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:12 am

I read the wrong part of the document, fuck
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Cromat

Post #210 by Cromat » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:57 pm

Question #36:

* Opponent's "Sea Stealth Attack" banished "Adamancipator Risen - Dragite" until the End Phase. My opponent argues as Cromat's "Mystic Mine" destroys during End Phase first, and then, I can return of my Synchro monster to the field back while there is no around that Field Spell anymore.
* I argues as that Trap banishes the monster until End Phase, therefore during End Phase, my opponent still has a monster, so my Field Spell will not be destroyed.

- What will happen? (Explain the situation accurately.)

greg503

Post #211 by greg503 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:51 pm

Cromat wrote:Question #36:

* Opponent's "Sea Stealth Attack" banished "Adamancipator Risen - Dragite" until the End Phase. My opponent argues as Cromat's "Mystic Mine" destroys during End Phase first, and then, I can return of my Synchro monster to the field back while there is no around that Field Spell anymore.
* I argues as that Trap banishes the monster until End Phase, therefore during End Phase, my opponent still has a monster, so my Field Spell will not be destroyed.

https://www.yugioh-card.com/en/play/fast-effect-timing/
The turn player would have priority to activate an effect, but this also means they have to resolve mandatory effects first (the non-turn player doesn't get priority until an effect(s) that start a chain are activated, or all mandatory things are resolved). If you have the Mine and it is your turn, Mine activates before Sea Stealth Attack returns the Dragite, if you have the Mine and it is not your turn, they should resolve Sea Stealth Attack first, returning the monster and possibly making Mine no longer trigger.
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #212 by Cromat » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:01 pm

greg503 wrote:

The turn player would have priority to activate an effect, but this also means they have to resolve mandatory effects first (the non-turn player doesn't get priority until an effect(s) that start a chain are activated, or all mandatory things are resolved). If you have the Mine and it is your turn, Mine activates before Sea Stealth Attack returns the Dragite, if you have the Mine and it is not your turn, they should resolve Sea Stealth Attack first, returning the monster and possibly making Mine no longer trigger.

Well, it was my turn. (I just ended my turn, and my opponent activated their Trap's effect by banishing that Synchro Monster..)
Genexwrecker wrote:I hate konami

greg503

Post #213 by greg503 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:09 pm

Cromat wrote:
greg503 wrote:

Well, it was my turn. (I just ended my turn, and my opponent activated their Trap's effect by banishing that Synchro Monster..)
Genexwrecker wrote:I hate konami

Since it was your turn you WOULD lose Mine
Buy Floowandereeze

ouro456

Post #214 by ouro456 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:51 am

Question.

Playing some oldschool yugioh, i'm playing pre-eratta Imperial Order. I.O is currently active on the board. Can you activate an equip card at this time and have it stay on the board?

Specifically, he was playing Maha Vailo, he wanted to equip it with a card for the Effect and 500 atk boost. Will I.O negate and send to grave? or will it just negate the attack boost of the spell itself and leave it on board? (I know it doesn't destroy, is the action of equipping to a monster part of the effect of an equip card? Does I.O negate activations, or is it specifically just the effect)

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #215 by Fredblade » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:32 pm

ouro456 wrote:Question.

Playing some oldschool yugioh, i'm playing pre-eratta Imperial Order. I.O is currently active on the board. Can you activate an equip card at this time and have it stay on the board?

Specifically, he was playing Maha Vailo, he wanted to equip it with a card for the Effect and 500 atk boost. Will I.O negate and send to grave? or will it just negate the attack boost of the spell itself and leave it on board? (I know it doesn't destroy, is the action of equipping to a monster part of the effect of an equip card? Does I.O negate activations, or is it specifically just the effect)

Equipping Equip Spells is a mechanic not an effect, so the Equip Spell stays on the field with its effects negated.

kingoflames32

Post #216 by kingoflames32 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:39 pm

I don't really know where to put this, but my laptop lost power in a duel earlier today, so I tried to log in on my computer down stairs but it said I was already logged in. Tried to do it again downstairs like 10ish times before coming up to my lap top and trying again, only for the same already logged in screen to pop up. Is there a time period I have to wait before trying to log in again?

Cromat

Post #217 by Cromat » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:33 pm

Question #37:

Opponent has a "Paleozoic Marrella" on their side of the field as Set while you've a face-up "Macro Cosmos". Opponent activates that Trap.. So.. 1 Trap can go to GY or it will be banished because my "Macro Cosmos" or no Trap can be banished nor sent from Deck?

Renji Asuka

Post #218 by Renji Asuka » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:24 am

Cromat wrote:Question #37:

Opponent has a "Paleozoic Marrella" on their side of the field as Set while you've a face-up "Macro Cosmos". Opponent activates that Trap.. So.. 1 Trap can go to GY or it will be banished because my "Macro Cosmos" or no Trap can be banished nor sent from Deck?

Assuming Chain Link 1 Macro Cosmos and Chain Link 2 Paleozoic Marrella the chain will resolve backwards.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

greg503

Post #219 by greg503 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:27 am

Cromat wrote:Question #37:

It gets banished, Marrella sends for effect so it can be activated under Macro, and so it resolves banishing a Trap from the Deck
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #220 by Cromat » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:48 pm

Question #38:

Opponent send to GY of "Black Dragon Collapserpent" for Link Summoning of "Striker Dragon", then declare that Link Monster's effect, I am sending to GY of my "Effect Veiler". Then opponent declares effect of "Black Dragon Collapserpent" by saying "That is chain link so your "Effect Veiler" can do nothing." Is it true, if so: When I activated "Trickstar Reincarnation" and "Present Card" opponent can't try use "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring" to stop my "Trickstar Reincarnation" because I activated "Present Card" lastly.

Return to “Ask Me Anything”