What does this mean?

Renji Asuka

Re: What does this mean?

Post #61 by Renji Asuka » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:02 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:From 4:07 to 4:14 I waited and extra seven seconds and communicated well to make what is happening. There is no reason why the opponent took that long to respond

Does not matter, YOU CHOSE to keep playing when you CLEARLY WEREN'T GIVEN THE OKAY. Stop JUSTIFYING YOUR SHITTY BEHAVIOR.

This is from the official rule book

"If your opponent does not respond, you may activate a second effect and create a Chain to your own card's activation." This even stated in the official rulebook."

And here you go trying to rule shark. That rule doesn't mean what you think it means. It obviously refers to your opponent not having a response to activate something such as:

Player A: I activate Compulsory Evacuation Device.
Player B: States that they are not going to chain anything.
Playber A: I chain Effect Veiler.

It doesn't mean if your opponent doesn't respond verbally or through text you can go ahead and start to resolve. But hey, we both know your opponent did have a response, did tell you they were chaining and even the judge agreed to let it through, and you didn't want it to go off because you would lose.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Renji Asuka

Post #62 by Renji Asuka » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:04 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
Sound4 wrote::arrow:
This is from the official rule book

"If your opponent does not respond, you may activate a second effect and create a Chain to your own card's activation." This even stated in the official rulebook."
I was never rushing. My opponent was making plays but I was focused on the chat so after that I was reading my opponent cards. N3sh didn't care though pretty much nobody can read and type at the same time. I literally said read multiple times.

So what you are saying is that he didn't said he had a response?

My opponent never responded especially when I clearly communicated everything my nachster 2nd effect did. There is no reason why my opponent took so long to respond.

Stop lying, your opponent DID respond, YOU CHOSE TO IGNORE IT.

greg503

Post #63 by greg503 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:21 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:This is from the official rule book

I was never rushing. My opponent was making plays but I was focused on the chat so after that I was reading my opponent cards. N3sh didn't care though pretty much nobody can read and type at the same time. I literally said read multiple times.

CONTEXT, "respond" in that statement means gameplay responses, a fast effect to Chain.

And?

THUS, it does not justify your behavior.
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #64 by Genexwrecker » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:01 pm

Let me break this down for you then.
The following is the declaration of cyber dragon nachster's effect to summon itself. your opponent okaying that effect and then you resolving it.

[3:27] Sound4: "Nachster eff"
[3:32] JesusHH123: "ok"
[3:34] Sound4: Sent "Cyber Dragon Core" from hand (1/3) to GY
[3:39] Sound4: Special Summoned "Cyber Dragon Nachster" from hand (2/2) to M-3 (DEF)

The following is the declaration of the effect of cyber dragon nachster to activate when summoned to target a machine monster with 2100 atk or def and special summon it.

[4:07] Sound4: "I also get to summon 2100 machine monster from gy" <- this is the absolute worst way to declare anything. Use the buttons. There is 0 reason to not use the buttons
[4:07] JesusHH123: "you know you can declare their effs with buttons right?"
[4:14] Sound4: Viewed GY
[4:17] JesusHH123: "on eff"

You declared the effect didnt declare your target and your opponent said 10 seconds after declaration before anything even resolved "on eff" aka "on activation of your effect I have a response" The communication is extremely clear here and it cannot get even more clear here. They communicated they had a response and when that response was in 2 words. cyber dragon wasnt even summoned yet.

4:19] JesusHH123: "of summon"
[4:21] Sound4: Stopped viewing GY
[4:24] JesusHH123: "hold on"
[4:31] JesusHH123: "send the cyber dragon back"
[4:31] Sound4: Overlayed "Cyber Dragon" in M-4 onto "Galaxy Soldier" in M-2

You then proceeded to just flat out ignore your opponent for absolutely no reason destroying the gamestate in its entirety and proceeding to overlay your 2 level 5 monsters to begin an xyz summon.

6:36] Sound4: "That does not mean anything if you have a response you say "response" I saw nothing in chat so I thought I was allowed to continue to play"

you are flat out not only sharking but ruining the game and holding up gameplay because they did not say the word "response" exactly that. This behavior is absolutely ridiculous and defending the actions taken here would not be the course of action to take. Everything you did was incorrect and you did everything in this duel with the most malicious of intents.

[9:58] Sound4: "Why did it take you almost 40 seconds to say response"
[10:48] Sound4: "We're you reading my card? You could have read in chat"
[11:01] Sound4: "Sileeis consent in yugioh"

It was 10 seconds not 40 and it was still communicated before anything even resolved so there is no reason to deny the response here.
you posting the cards effect in chat instead of declaring it not only doesnt help your argument but actually goes towards you making the situation more complex. silence is not consent. Every player should always be asking responses to their effects and plays where required and the opponent should always be responding in kind. Any player who does not do these actions is not playing properly and causes issues like these late responses ect.

[28:42] Sound4: "On eff does not mean anything you say "response" when you have a response"
this statement is nonsense. If you actually insist and continue to play demanding that the other players are not allowed to respond unless they say the word respond You will be removed from rated play.

[31:48] Sound4: "I would like an appeal"
[31:53] N3sh: "denied"

^you appealed their ruling and they denied it That means the judge call is over and you need to continue the game or be lossed for non compliance.

You then proceeded to try and force answers out of the judge instead of playing the game. The judge gave the ruling and denied the appeal. There is no debate to be had at that point you either need to comply or be removed from the game.

[45:01] Sound4: "You said nothing on silence is consent in yugioh"
[45:11] N3sh: "cause he wasnt silence"
[45:15] N3sh: "he tried to respond"
[45:20] N3sh: "and u did ignore him"

I already explaind how this works but almost 15 minutes after the game needed to continue ur still trying to argue with the judge.

[46:35] Sound4: "I want the correct answer how is on eff acceptable"
[46:45] Sound4: "Stop eveading

ur demanding a non existant answer as to why communicating when you want to respond is not good enough communication.

[39:11] Sound4: "Ok your opinion on the on my comment"

^this is where I would have been done and ended the game. You would either be asked by me to knock it off and drop the subject and move on last warning or you would get a loss and a uc minor.

so I have gone through the entire game the rest of it after that point is the same song and dance. goes on for a while still. The only thing I see done incorrectly is the judge being extremely lenient me and most other judges wouldnt have even entertained furthur conversation on that matter and kept the duel proceeding once the appeal was denied and you were asked to continue. your behavior in this duel is borderline trolling and very childish. you want things to work exactly the way you want them to work and that is not how things are going to go. please keep my advice in mind and play the game properly while in rated.

N3sh was more than lenient and nice here and you kept wanting to test that and see how far you could go. This is not a game and you are not the only one who needs their judge call answered. Please do not waste judges time like you did in this game.

The discussion is over here.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #65 by Lil Oldman » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:11 pm

Sad that this matter had to extend up to 4 pages of thread. We could be having engaging debates but instead we have to deal with this.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

greg503

Post #66 by greg503 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:29 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:Sad that this matter had to extend up to 4 pages of thread. We could be having engaging debates but instead we have to deal with this.

Engaging debates? On this forum?
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #67 by Renji Asuka » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:20 am

You know its bad when even Genexwrecker calls you out and does a break down.

Sound4

Post #68 by Sound4 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:51 am

Genexwrecker wrote:Let me break this down for you then.
The following is the declaration of cyber dragon nachster's effect to summon itself. your opponent okaying that effect and then you resolving it.

[3:39] Sound4: Special Summoned "Cyber Dragon Nachster" from hand (2/2) to M-3 (DEF)

The following is the declaration of the effect of cyber dragon nachster to activate when summoned to target a machine monster with 2100 atk or def and special summon it.

[4:07] Sound4: "I also get to summon 2100 machine monster from gy" <- this is the absolute worst way to declare anything. Use the buttons. There is 0 reason to not use the buttons

You declared the effect didnt declare your target and your opponent said 10 seconds after declaration before anything even resolved "on eff" aka "on activation of your effect I have a response" The communication is extremely clear here and it cannot get even more clear here. They communicated they had a response and when that response was in 2 words. cyber dragon wasnt even summoned yet.

You then proceeded to just flat out ignore your opponent for absolutely no reason destroying the gamestate in its entirety and proceeding to overlay your 2 level 5 monsters to begin an xyz summon.

6:36] Sound4: "That does not mean anything if you have a response you say "response" I saw nothing in chat so I thought I was allowed to continue to play"

you are flat out not only sharking but ruining the game and holding up gameplay because they did not say the word "response" exactly that. This behavior is absolutely ridiculous and defending the actions taken here would not be the course of action to take. Everything you did was incorrect and you did everything in this duel with the most malicious of intents.

It was 10 seconds not 40 and it was still communicated before anything even resolved so there is no reason to deny the response here.
you posting the cards effect in chat instead of declaring it not only doesnt help your argument but actually goes towards you making the situation more complex. silence is not consent. Every player should always be asking responses to their effects and plays where required and the opponent should always be responding in kind. Any player who does not do these actions is not playing properly and causes issues like these late responses ect.

[28:42] Sound4: "On eff does not mean anything you say "response" when you have a response"
this statement is nonsense. If you actually insist and continue to play demanding that the other players are not allowed to respond unless they say the word respond You will be removed from rated play.

^you appealed their ruling and they denied it That means the judge call is over and you need to continue the game or be lossed for non compliance.

You then proceeded to try and force answers out of the judge instead of playing the game. The judge gave the ruling and denied the appeal. There is no debate to be had at that point you either need to comply or be removed from the game.

I already explaind how this works but almost 15 minutes after the game needed to continue ur still trying to argue with the judge.

ur demanding a non existant answer as to why communicating when you want to respond is not good enough communication.

^this is where I would have been done and ended the game. You would either be asked by me to knock it off and drop the subject and move on last warning or you would get a loss and a uc minor.

so I have gone through the entire game the rest of it after that point is the same song and dance. goes on for a while still. The only thing I see done incorrectly is the judge being extremely lenient me and most other judges wouldnt have even entertained furthur conversation on that matter and kept the duel proceeding once the appeal was denied and you were asked to continue. your behavior in this duel is borderline trolling and very childish. you want things to work exactly the way you want them to work and that is not how things are going to go. please keep my advice in mind and play the game properly while in rated.

N3sh was more than lenient and nice here and you kept wanting to test that and see how far you could go. This is not a game and you are not the only one who needs their judge call answered. Please do not waste judges time like you did in this game.

https://www.yugioh-card.com/ph/event/ru ... s/?lang=en
Here is a link on how it is played in tournaments
"Though an average of 3 minutes may be spent on each turn, excessive time should not be spent to allow the tournament to proceed properly. Any duelists caught taking too long (or intentionally stalling for time) may be penalised".
You say how I said nachster 2nd eff was horrible. The reason why I did that was because I wanted to make jt clear what nachster 2nd eff so my opponent doesn't have to read so he can respond quicker. I was asking questions why he took so long. What you are saying contradicts what other have agreed with in the past about silence is consent in yugioh. From 4:07 to 4:14 I literally waited an extra seven seconds for my opponent took so long to respond.

I don't understand why N3sh didn't mention that when I made it clear my nachster 2nd eff was activating. In a duel your suppose to communicate clearly in a duel so the opponent knows what are trying to do. I didn't know what my opponent response was as well. I saw nothing in GY so it couldn't have been ash.

There is nothing in this duel that would warrant a game loss. Me asking questions isn't against the rules. I would have literally gotten the game loss if I was sharing and N3sh would have mentioned it.

The way N3sh was acting was also terrible. Him saying that he doesn't want to read what I am saying because he had "other calls" there are other judges for that. I wanted answers to make the situation is clear l. There is nothing clear with "on eff" it was never a good indication if you have a response or not. I explained everything well but N3sh didn't care and wanted rush and ignore.

ntakonta

Post #69 by ntakonta » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:21 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Let me break this down for you then.

https://www.yugioh-card.com/ph/event/ru ... s/?lang=en
Here is a link on how it is played in tournaments
"Though an average of 3 minutes may be spent on each turn, excessive time should not be spent to allow the tournament to proceed properly. Any duelists caught taking too long (or intentionally stalling for time) may be penalised".
You say how I said nachster 2nd eff was horrible. The reason why I did that was because I wanted to make jt clear what nachster 2nd eff so my opponent doesn't have to read so he can respond quicker. I was asking questions why he took so long. What you are saying contradicts what other have agreed with in the past about silence is consent in yugioh. From 4:07 to 4:14 I literally waited an extra seven seconds for my opponent took so long to respond.

I don't understand why N3sh didn't mention that when I made it clear my nachster 2nd eff was activating. In a duel your suppose to communicate clearly in a duel so the opponent knows what are trying to do. I didn't know what my opponent response was as well. I saw nothing in GY so it couldn't have been ash.

There is nothing in this duel that would warrant a game loss. Me asking questions isn't against the rules. I would have literally gotten the game loss if I was sharing and N3sh would have mentioned it.

The way N3sh was acting was also terrible. Him saying that he doesn't want to read what I am saying because he had "other calls" there are other judges for that. I wanted answers to make the situation is clear l. There is nothing clear with "on eff" it was never a good indication if you have a response or not. I explained everything well but N3sh didn't care and wanted rush and ignore.

Okay first of all to quote your own recourse:

• Any behaviors or actions that result in a delay of the duel/event may result in penalties towards the offender(s).
• If the duelist acts in such a way which causes unreasonable stalling for time unintentional or otherwise), the referee will first issue a 'warning'.

Using that as a reference in a real life tournament you would have gotten whatever penalty the judges there believed was fitting in this scenario, however real life tournaments and DB don’t have the same rules, regardless if that is something good or not.

Don’t know if someone else pointed that out up until this point, but:
[76:31] "Herz eff"
[77:12] Added "Cyber Dragon Core" from Deck to hand

You aren’t able to add Cyber Dragon Core from your deck to your hand using Cyber Dragon Herz’s last effect since its name isn’t Cyber Dragon while in the deck. You would only be able to add the original cyber dragon from your deck, or nachster, cyber dragon, or the other copy of herz from your GY. In none of these scenarios would you end up with core in your hand after herz resolved. I don’t know if that was done maliciously and I don’t really care, just pointing it out. The exact same thing happens at the beginning of the game where you again add nachster with herz’s effect, again not saying you did that with malicious intent, just saying that was an illegal move that the judge didn’t caught at the time.
( This is herz’s relevant effect by the way: “If this card is sent to the GY: You can add 1 other "Cyber Dragon" from your Deck or GY to your hand.” ) ( It mentions "Cyber Dragon" as in the first cyber dragon monster, in doesn’t mention "Cyber Dragon" monster , like cards such as Cyberload Fusion do )
Something else that I haven’t seen being mentioned up to this point. Nachster’s eff in the hand (to summon itself) and Naschter’s eff on the field are different effects. However you mention [4:07] "I also get to summon 2100 machine monster from gy", just as if they are the same effect, which can definitely be seen as misleading your opponent, intentionally (to avoid potential interuptions such as belle, imperm, veiler, etc) or unintentionally (you didn’t know how your cards work), one could suggest that you just didn’t know how to declare your effects properly but there is no other instance of you not declaring an effect like that in that game which by itself is suspicious and implies intention behind that. Something else I noticed:
[3:39] Special Summoned "Cyber Dragon Nachster" from hand (2/2) to M-3 (DEF)
[4:07] "I also get to summon 2100 machine monster from gy"
You took your sweet time before declaring naschter’s trigger effect that activates on the field. That would suggest 2 scenarios:
1) You wanted to waste your opponent’s time and stall (remember they didn’t have any mandatory trigger effects to activate, so you would be able to activate naschter’s effect before they had a chance to respond and there was no reason for you to wait 28 seconds to declare its effect)
2) You straight out forgot to activate its trigger effect and remembered it at that point, something to point out though is that your opponent could have responded at that point so you delaying such an effect could be seen as maliciously trying to gain information about your opponent’s hand
(In either case you shouldn’t have waited so long to activate naschter’s effect )
I am not saying that you did in fact do one of the above I am just saying that this is easily how a spectator that just sees the replay could interpret the situation
Don’t take this as a personal attack, I don’t know you and you don’t know me, I got nothing against you I am just giving my perspective on the matter as objectively as I possibly can.
As a personal suggestion, don’t post replays that have ambiguous interpretation as this one, since some people that see them might ask for penalties. In this case the judge didn’t apply any penalty due to them thinking that none were needed (although other judges could have applied a penalty as previously mentioned by genex), although that might not always be the case so you might want to show as much understanding to the judges as the judge in question showed to you this time (even if cannot see that at this point in time).
(Also sorry for the wall of text)

Genexwrecker

Post #70 by Genexwrecker » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:22 am

"There is nothing in this duel that would warrant a game loss. Me asking questions isn't against the rules."

Actually it is against the rules to continue to ask redundant questions to the judge to hold up the game. The judge call was over and your questions were given an answer that required one. all you had to do was continue the game.

Sound4

Post #71 by Sound4 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:41 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:"There is nothing in this duel that would warrant a game loss. Me asking questions isn't against the rules."

Actually it is against the rules to continue to ask redundant questions to the judge to hold up the game. The judge call was over and your questions were given an answer that required one. all you had to do was continue the game.

Me asking apparently asking "redundant" questions falls under what exactly?

Renji Asuka

Post #72 by Renji Asuka » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:48 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:"There is nothing in this duel that would warrant a game loss. Me asking questions isn't against the rules."

Slow play.

Sound4

Post #73 by Sound4 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:46 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:

Slow play.

By what are you are saying it's simple you don't know what slow play is. Slow play is a player is excessively slow while searching his or her Deck with an appropriate effect. Me asking questions isn't slow play.

Renji Asuka

Post #74 by Renji Asuka » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:44 am

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Me asking apparently asking "redundant" questions falls under what exactly?

Slow play.

By what are you are saying it's simple you don't know what slow play is. Slow play is a player is excessively slow while searching his or her Deck with an appropriate effect. Me asking questions isn't slow play.

You do realize that Slow Play here isn't limited by the examples in the rules right? You were deliberately not playing the game when you were told to by the judge. That alone is you slow playing.

Genexwrecker

Post #75 by Genexwrecker » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:04 pm

Slowplay is any action holding up a game for no reason. Some versions can also be considered stalling.

Sound4

Post #76 by Sound4 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:31 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:Slowplay is any action holding up a game for no reason. Some versions can also be considered stalling.

No it isn't it was never stated never implied and factually incorrect. The definition of slow play is a player who is excessively slow while searching his or her Deck with an appropriate effect. Me asking questions isn't slow play. Another thing me asking questions isn't an offense either. Where do you get this false information?

Sound4

Post #77 by Sound4 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:37 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Slow play.

You do realize that Slow Play here isn't limited by the examples in the rules right? You were deliberately not playing the game when you were told to by the judge. That alone is you slow playing.

No it was never stated never implied and simply factually incorrect. Me asking questions isn't an offense. I literally told N3sh that I was reading multiple times yet N3sh was just saying proceed me not knowing the opponents cards to see if I have a response or just simply know what my opponent is doing but N3sh didn't care.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #78 by Lil Oldman » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:24 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Slowplay is any action holding up a game for no reason. Some versions can also be considered stalling.

No it isn't it was never stated never implied and factually incorrect. The definition of slow play is a player who is excessively slow while searching his or her Deck with an appropriate effect. Me asking questions isn't slow play. Another thing me asking questions isn't an offense either. Where do you get this false information?

https://www.duelingbook.com/rules
Slow Play (Minor): Unintentionally playing slowly or stalling, causing game delay. A reasonable pace must be kept even if a situation is complex. In-Duel warning.
Slow Play (Major): Unresponsive or upgrade after a second Slow Play (Minor) offense. A player will not make a move even after instructed by an Administrator. Game/Match Loss.

Offenses are not limited to examples given in italics.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

Sound4

Post #79 by Sound4 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:44 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
Sound4 wrote:

Slow Play (Minor): Unintentionally playing slowly or stalling, causing game delay. A reasonable pace must be kept even if a situation is complex. In-Duel warning.
Slow Play (Major): Unresponsive or upgrade after a second Slow Play (Minor) offense. A player will not make a move even after instructed by an Administrator. Game/Match Loss.

Here is a link on how slow play is penalized. https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Slow_Play
"This penalty is appropriate when a player intentionally or unintentionally plays slowly, causing a delay in the game. It is a player’s responsibility to play at a reasonable pace, regardless of how complex a situation may be."
I was never playing slow in that duel. Like I said earlier I was reading my opponents card yet N3sh didn't care and didn't allow me to read the opponent cards. Again me asking questions isn't an offense.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #80 by Lil Oldman » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:53 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
Sound4 wrote:No it isn't it was never stated never implied and factually incorrect. The definition of slow play is a player who is excessively slow while searching his or her Deck with an appropriate effect. Me asking questions isn't slow play. Another thing me asking questions isn't an offense either. Where do you get this false information?

Here is a link on how slow play is penalized. https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Slow_Play
"This penalty is appropriate when a player intentionally or unintentionally plays slowly, causing a delay in the game. It is a player’s responsibility to play at a reasonable pace, regardless of how complex a situation may be."
I was never playing slow in that duel. Like I said earlier I was reading my opponents card yet N3sh didn't care and didn't allow me to read the opponent cards. Again me asking questions isn't an offense.

Yes you were slow playing, card reading shouldn't take that long. Again, asking the same question that was already answered and refusing to play until they answer is intentional stalling.

Return to “Ask Me Anything”