What does this mean?

Sound4

What does this mean?

Post #1 by Sound4 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:47 pm

Hello,

"Your abuse report has been reviewed. After reviewing the evidence, we have dealt with the matter appropriately. Thank you for your report."

Regards.[/quote]
I made a report on N3sh of the poor decision he made in a duel. SmarmhostUser replied this to me. My report was reviewed yet got no information on whether the decision was right or wrong and why. How was the matter dealt appropriately? Nothing changed.

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:57 pm

Sound4 wrote:Hello,

"Your abuse report has been reviewed. After reviewing the evidence, we have dealt with the matter appropriately. Thank you for your report."

Regards.
I made a report on N3sh of the poor decision he made in a duel. SmarmhostUser replied this to me. My report was reviewed yet got no information on whether the decision was right or wrong and why. How was the matter dealt appropriately? Nothing changed.

Simple, its not your concern on what action was taken or why it was taken. You reported, they dealt with him.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Sound4

Post #3 by Sound4 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:01 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:

Regards.

Simple, its not your concern on what action was taken or why it was taken. You reported, they dealt with him.

I'm the one who made the report if I was wrong they could have simply explained it or if I was right they could have said I was right. I don't see any reason why they didn't give any further explanation on the action that was taken. I'm the who made the report after all.

Renji Asuka

Post #4 by Renji Asuka » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:35 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

Regards.

I'm the one who made the report if I was wrong they could have simply explained it or if I was right they could have said I was right. I don't see any reason why they didn't give any further explanation on the action that was taken. I'm the who made the report after all.

And why would they give you further information? Your only job is to report players for misconduct if you see it. If action wasn't taken, you would be wrong. They don't have to explain anything to you regarding punishment of other players. That is between the admins and the player that was reported, not you.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Christen57

Post #5 by Christen57 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:31 am

Can you share the replay so we can see what happened?

Genexwrecker

Post #6 by Genexwrecker » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:49 am

We very rarely actually disclose information when sending the reply of a report.
We would just send a message like that saying
X report has been handled and dealt with thank you and have a nice
day

The only time where we would actually send a message is if we knew you needed to get some information going forward for X thing or policy.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Sound4

Post #7 by Sound4 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:03 am

Genexwrecker wrote:We very rarely actually disclose information when sending the reply of a report.
day

The only time where we would actually send a message is if we knew you needed to get some information going forward for X thing or policy.

I don't know what happened though. SwarmhostUser said they dealt with appropriately. I did not see anything change. What is the point of sending reports if you don't even know what happened? I wasn't even told if I was right or wrong.

Sound4

Post #8 by Sound4 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:06 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Simple, its not your concern on what action was taken or why it was taken. You reported, they dealt with him.

And why would they give you further information? Your only job is to report players for misconduct if you see it. If action wasn't taken, you would be wrong. They don't have to explain anything to you regarding punishment of other players. That is between the admins and the player that was reported, not you.

They should give me further information as I'm the one who made the report. They did not explain anything. If they don't want to tell me what action was taken. They could have at least tell me if I was right or wrong and why.

Sound4

Post #9 by Sound4 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:07 am

Genexwrecker wrote:We very rarely actually disclose information when sending the reply of a report.
day

Why do you rarely never disclose information of a report? Makes no sense you shouldn't.

Genexwrecker

Post #10 by Genexwrecker » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:27 pm

How we deal with a user or judge isnt another persons concern.

Sound4

Post #11 by Sound4 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:34 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:How we deal with a user or judge isnt another persons concern.

Then how are we suppost to know whether you are being honest or not?

Genexwrecker

Post #12 by Genexwrecker » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:41 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:How we deal with a user or judge isnt another persons concern.

Because we run the website?

greg503

Post #13 by greg503 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:49 pm

Sound4 wrote:

If you think they aren't, then leave because you don't trust them, simple
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #14 by Sound4 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:52 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:

Because we run the website?

Yes you staff run the website. However not all websites are trustworthy. SwarmhostUser gave no other information if I was right or wrong. Running a website does not guarantee you are being honest at times you may even stretch the truth.

Sound4

Post #15 by Sound4 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:53 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:

Who said I don't trust them? I just want some more information to clarify some things.

Genexwrecker

Post #16 by Genexwrecker » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:57 pm

We arent going to invade somebody’s privacy to make a person feel better about their report. Your report was handled appropriately.

Runzy
Mood:

Post #17 by Runzy » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:22 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Then how are we suppost to know whether you are being honest or not?

Who said I don't trust them? I just want some more information to clarify some things.

When handling reports it's either NAR, Warnings are given or someone is frozen (give or take). Of course, this information is not given to the user who made the abuse report but we let them know it's been handled appropriately. You can somewhat tell what action was taken if you check their account and don't see them frozen. We won't tell you what was explicitly done but you can rest assured it's been handled via our rules.
DB Judge 20/09/2017. 21/11/2023 - Present.
Retired: 15/12/2021 & 26/12/2022
Konami RC-1 & PC-1 Certified (August 2017)
Konami DC-1 Certified (March 2019)

Christen57

Post #18 by Christen57 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:11 pm

Sound4 wrote:
day

Why do you rarely never disclose information of a report? Makes no sense you shouldn't.

Can't you share the replay of this user you reported so we can see what happened?

Genexwrecker

Post #19 by Genexwrecker » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:31 pm

Sound4 is free to post the replay they reported.

Sound4

Post #20 by Sound4 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:06 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
day

Can't you share the replay of this user you reported so we can see what happened?

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=815175-30668040 here

Return to “Ask Me Anything”