Arkraider Archetype (OCG: アークライダー/아크레이더)

Post your custom made cards in this forum
greg503

Re: Arkraider Archetype (OCG: アークライダー/아크레이더)

Post #41 by greg503 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:47 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Just because Mystic Mine "makes sure your opponent cannot play Yugioh" doesn't make it fun, or well-liked. People want True King Of All Calamities banned because it "makes sure your opponent cannot play Yugioh." No one wants to play against an oppressive strategy, because the point of a TCG is to PLAY YOUR CARDS.

Well, people may want to get comfortable with the formats, 'cause my gut feeling's telling me that True King of All Calamities is here to stay.

Tier 0 formats will always come up again. There's really no way for people to tell Komoney to balance all of the upcoming formats, 'cause otherwise, there'd be no real competition going on, and people would just lose the incentive to buy the new cards.

This is just like how Apple figured it out a long time ago - always keep the customer by the tits, 'cause new innovations and competition is the only way that the industry will survive. The same applies to card games - if there's really no tier 1 or tier 0 formats going on, then people won't find the format fun to play because they won't know which deck is the "best deck" to play.

Oh, and PS My custom cards are public, so people are free to use my cards in their decks for custom duels if they like. I kinda want to imagine what might happen if my archetype actually became real.

Well, at least you made a deck you would be okay playing against, I don't think I could say the same about CM
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #42 by Christen57 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:26 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:Perhaps lack of emotion is what we just might need if it means getting the job done of creating a winning deck.

Whats the point of having a deck that lacks emotions. It just feels like making something just for the sake of doing it, when representing a franchise it should reflect the spirit of the franchise or being represented in a way better way than just haha funny big numbers.

The point is to make sure that the deck wins. I don't waste my time with loser decks that are all gimmick, no competitiveness.

You can make a deck that is strong and competitive and have it be fun and gimmicky at the same time. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Futuregamer

Post #43 by Futuregamer » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:29 pm

Summons from Deck: Apprentice Lara, Amelia, Excalibur, Nilfheim, Yamatai, Lost Memories, Force Wraith, Aquatic Lara.
That's 8 different Specials from the Deck mate. Those "evil meta" archetypes you keep complaining about never have more than 2 Specials from the Deck (1 in the vast majority of cases).
I won't even get into counting the adds and the free specials from GY, it's just cheap.

If you're interested, there's a discord server called "JACCS", I believe you'll find the designs there more in line with yours. Speak with Lukeanator, Cyberjeff or someone like that. If they ask for credentials, tell them I think your design is sh!t, should let you waltz right in.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #44 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:11 am

Futuregamer wrote:Summons from Deck: Apprentice Lara, Amelia, Excalibur, Nilfheim, Yamatai, Lost Memories, Force Wraith, Aquatic Lara.
That's 8 different Specials from the Deck mate. Those "evil meta" archetypes you keep complaining about never have more than 2 Specials from the Deck (1 in the vast majority of cases).
I won't even get into counting the adds and the free specials from GY, it's just cheap.

If you're interested, there's a discord server called "JACCS", I believe you'll find the designs there more in line with yours. Speak with Lukeanator, Cyberjeff or someone like that. If they ask for credentials, tell them I think your design is sh!t, should let you waltz right in.

Tried going into JACCS, but they don't accept any custom archetypes that are based on franchises, sadly.

Christen57

Post #45 by Christen57 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:56 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Futuregamer wrote:Summons from Deck: Apprentice Lara, Amelia, Excalibur, Nilfheim, Yamatai, Lost Memories, Force Wraith, Aquatic Lara.

Tried going into JACCS, but they don't accept any custom archetypes that are based on franchises, sadly.

Really? Why?

Futuregamer

Post #46 by Futuregamer » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:02 am

Christen57 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:

Really? Why?

Because they had to do "something" right.

KTeknis

Post #47 by KTeknis » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:36 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:Oh, and btw, whenever I build decks, I always ask myself, "What can this deck do against tier 1/tier 0 decks?" Like, I always want to make sure that when I pit my deck against any tier 1/tier 0 deck out there, it's always going to produce positive winning results. If it doesn't, then there's a flaw in the deck that needs to be fixed.

Tbh, I don't think that kind of mindset is a good way to make a card. Instead of making archetype to beat a Tier 1/0 deck, make an archetype that IS BEATABLE by tier 1 deck, I don't mean make a weak archetype, just archetype that can go toe to toe with the tier 1 on an even match. Don't make archetype that beat the meta, make one that fit with the meta.
Some of us custom card maker don't want to face meta or metalike deck, let alone a deck that SURPASS it.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #48 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:34 am

KTeknis wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:Oh, and btw, whenever I build decks, I always ask myself, "What can this deck do against tier 1/tier 0 decks?" Like, I always want to make sure that when I pit my deck against any tier 1/tier 0 deck out there, it's always going to produce positive winning results. If it doesn't, then there's a flaw in the deck that needs to be fixed.

Tbh, I don't think that kind of mindset is a good way to make a card. Instead of making archetype to beat a Tier 1/0 deck, make an archetype that IS BEATABLE by tier 1 deck, I don't mean make a weak archetype, just archetype that can go toe to toe with the tier 1 on an even match. Don't make archetype that beat the meta, make one that fit with the meta.
Some of us custom card maker don't want to face meta or metalike deck, let alone a deck that SURPASS it.

I get it, not everyone wants to face against a metalike deck, that's fine. People are free to find other opponents who like to play non-meta decks.

For me, I play games to win. I don't play games to be content about being a loser because of using a bad deck.

KTeknis

Post #49 by KTeknis » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:49 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:I get it, not everyone wants to face against a metalike deck, that's fine. People are free to find other opponents who like to play non-meta decks.

For me, I play games to win. I don't play games to be content about being a loser because of using a bad deck.

Well, that's explains a lot.

Rocket2

Post #50 by Rocket2 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:12 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:For me, I play games to win. I don't play games to be content about being a loser because of using a bad deck.

Told you everyone. He is as bad as CrystalMusic. Both create cards to make sure they will never lose.

There will always be casual decks in any card game. There is nothing to be fixed about that. Competitive & casual always go hand in hand.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #51 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:53 am

At the very least be glad I'm not making ridiculous demands like he is. I'm not a crybaby who's going to force people to play by my rules.

You want to play casual? Go right ahead, be my guest. You are entitled to using your loser deck. But dude, seriously, don't compare me to CM. That's being personally offensive.

KTeknis

Post #52 by KTeknis » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:19 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:At the very least be glad I'm not making ridiculous demands like he is. I'm not a crybaby who's going to force people to play by my rules.

You want to play casual? Go right ahead, be my guest. You are entitled to using your loser deck. But dude, seriously, don't compare me to CM. That's being personally offensive.

To think of it, you're actually in an exact opposite spectrum to CM.
While he hates the meta player and think his house rules are the correct way to play, you hates casual player and think the playing meta is the correct way to play, or in TvTropes term: CM is a Scrub, while You are a "Stop Having Fun" Guy. (granted you don't go out demanding people to play meta, but still)
But still, you two still have the same thing in common: You and his card are overpowered. You're supposed to balance your card by making it equal to the tier 1 decks, not surpass it. (But at least you follow PSCT)

KillJoy2u

Post #53 by KillJoy2u » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:47 pm

LEYS DUEL BRO

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #54 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:15 pm

Here should be the final two support cards for Arkraider. Enjoy.

Arkraider Lost City - Temple of Xian (アークライダー・エメラルドポリス・シヤン/아크레이더 에메랄드폴리스 시얀) https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2196442
When this card is activated: You can return any number of your banished "Arkraider" cards to your GY (min. 1), and if you do, Special Summon as many "Arkraider" monsters with different names from your GY, up to the number of cards returned to the GY this way. Monsters that were Special Summoned by this effect cannot attack this turn. You cannot Summon monsters, except "Arkraider" monsters. Your opponent takes any battle damage you would've taken from battles involving "Arkraider" monsters. At the end of each Battle Phase, if an "Arkraider" monster you control inflicted battle damage to your opponent: You can send the top card of your opponent's Deck to the GY. If this card is sent to the GY: you can add 1 "Arkraider" monster from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Arkraider Lost City - Temple of Xian" per turn.

Arkraider Sacred Guidance (アークライダー・プタイの導き/아크레이더 푸타이의 인도) https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2196484
You can only activate 1 "Arkraider Sacred Guidance" per turn. After you activate this card, for the rest of the Duel, you cannot Summon monsters, except "Arkraider" monsters. Activate 1 of the following effects:
● Special Summon up to 2 "Arkraider" monsters with different names from your GY, but their effects are negated, also Banish them during the End Phase.
● If an "Arkraider" monster(s) you control is targeted for attacks or by card effect: You can Banish the top 5 cards of your Deck, and if you do, negate the attack or activation.
● You can Banish 3 "Arkraider" Spell cards with different names from your GY, and if you do, draw 2 cards.
If an "Arkraider" monster(s) you control that has "Lara" in its name would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can Banish this card from your GY instead.
Last edited by parhelia_0000 on Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #55 by troglyte » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:52 pm

Crab Turtle has spoken to me.

I am his Prophet. His words are my words. They flow through my veins.

And The Great One has decreed: "Yeah, Customs are hella gay, bro."
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #56 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:42 pm

troglyte wrote:Crab Turtle has spoken to me.

I am his Prophet. His words are my words. They flow through my veins.

And The Great One has decreed: "Yeah, Customs are hella gay, bro."

Nobody cares what your stupid crab turtle thinks about DB customs.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #57 by parhelia_0000 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:40 pm

And I'm back with more support for Arkraiders. Enjoy.

Arkraider Shadow Lara (アークライダー・シャッドー・ラーラー/아크레이더 섀도우 라라) https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2562168
1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner Warrior and/or Spellcaster monsters
For this card's Synchro Summon, you can treat 1 Special Summoned Level 4 "Arkraider" monster you control as a Tuner. If this card is Synchro Summoned using only "Arkraider" monsters: You can target 1 "Arkraider" Spell card in your GY; as this effect's resolution, activate the effect of that Spell Card. "Arkraider" monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's Spell effects. "Arkraider" Spell cards you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, if your opponent activates a monster effect (Quick Effect): You can negate the activation, and if you do, Banish that monster, then this card gains ATK equal to the Banished monster's original ATK. You can only control 1 "Arkraider Shadow Lara."

Arkraider Heaven's Glow (アークライダー・アーフタグロー/아크레이더 애프터글로우) https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2562190
You can only activate 1 "Arkraider Heaven's Glow" per turn. Activate 1 of the following effects:
● When a card or effect is activated that targets an "Arkraider" monster(s) you control or in your GY: You can send 1 "Arkraider" Equip Spell from your Deck to your GY; negate the activation.
● When an opponent's monster targets an "Arkraider" monster you control for an attack while your LP is higher than 3000: Make the attack a direct attack, then 1 "Arkraider" monster you control gains ATK equal to the Battle Damage you took from the direct attack.
● When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack: Shuffle your entire hand back into your Deck, if any, then draw 1 card. Then, if that drawn card is an "Arkraider" card, negate the effects of all monsters your opponent controls, and if you do, Banish them, then it is now the End Phase of the turn.
● Banish 2 "Arkraider" monsters from your GY; this turn, monsters in your possession cannot be Tributed.
If you control no Set Spell or Trap cards, you can activate this card from your hand during your opponent's turn.

greg503

Post #58 by greg503 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:43 pm

What were they missing that these 2 cards give them?
Buy Floowandereeze

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #59 by parhelia_0000 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:50 am

greg503 wrote:What were they missing that these 2 cards give them?

I added Shadow Lara because while the Fusion, Xyz and Link monsters had the strong bosses and weak bosses, this archetype in particular lacked a "stronger" Synchro boss monster, so I had to add one to equalize the ratios.

As for Heaven's Glow, I made that card in particular because since Nibiru is still a thing in the current meta, under normal conditions you'd have to rely on the Invoked engine to work around Nibiru, which inevitably takes up a Main Monster Zone. With Heaven's Glow, it now promotes pure variants of the deck as I don't have to waste a normal summon just to work around Nibiru.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #60 by Lil Oldman » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:30 am

Why Glow has so many effects? Like, is there really a need for the first 3 effects if you only need the effect that prevents Nibiru?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Return to “Custom Cards”