Arkraider Archetype (OCG: アークライダー/아크레이더)

Post your custom made cards in this forum
parhelia_0000
Mood:

Re: Arkraider Archetype (OCG: アークライダー/아크레이더)

Post #101 by parhelia_0000 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:35 pm

Oh, and I should post one more replay on how Arkraider Slifer holds up to this day. Enjoy

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-34766981

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #102 by parhelia_0000 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:12 am

And here's more support cards inspired by the Shadow of the Tomb Raider game. Enjoy!

Arkraider Eclipse Ritual (アークライダー・日食の儀式/아크레이더 일식 의식) https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2864355
This card is used to Ritual Summon "Arkraider incaRnate Lara." You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose Level/Rank equals 8 or more. If your opponent controls a monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, you can also send "Arkraider" monsters from your Deck or Extra Deck to the GY as Tributes. You can discard this card and 1 "Arkraider" card from your hand, then target 1 "Arkraider" monster in your GY; shuffle it into the Deck, then draw 1 card. You can Banish this card from your GY; add 1 "Arkraider" Equip or Field Spell from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Arkraider Eclipse Ritual" once per turn.

Arkraider incaRnate Lara (アークライダー・R・ラーラー/아크레이더 R 라라) https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2864363
You can Ritual Summon this card using "Arkraider Eclipse Ritual." Gains ATK equal to the total Level/Rank of the monster(s) used to Ritual Summon this card x 200. Unaffected by effects of monsters your opponent controls whose original ATK is less than this card's ATK. While you control an "Arkraider" monster other than this card, your opponent cannot Tribute monsters, except for a Tribute Summon, also negate the effects of your opponent's cards that are Banished or in the GY, except "Arkraider" cards. If this card is Special Summoned: You can draw cards equal to the number of "Arkraider" Spell cards in your GY, then place a number of cards from your hand to the bottom of the Deck in any order, equal to the number of cards drawn by this card's effect -1. If this card is sent to the GY or Banished: Special Summon it, but shuffle it back into the Deck when it leaves the field. You can only control 1 "Arkraider incaRnate Lara."

Arkraider Amaru, the Benevolent (アークライダー・慈悲深いアマル/아크레이더 자비로운 아마루) https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2865462
3+ Warrior, Spellcaster or Fiend monsters, including an "Arkraider" monster
If this card is Link Summoned: place counters on this card equal to the number of different types of Warrior or Spellcaster monsters in your GY (Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Link). Gains 3000 ATK per counter on this card. This card gains the following effects, depending on the number of counters on this card: ● 1+: Once per turn, when another card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can remove 1 counter from this card; negate the activation. ● 2+: Unaffected by effects of monsters your opponent controls, except "Arkraider" monsters. ● 3+: Cannot be tributed. ● 4+: Once per turn (Quick Effect): you can Banish up to 2 "Arkraider" monsters with different names from your GY; until your 3rd End Phase after activation, this card gains the effects of those monsters. ● 5: Your opponent cannot Special Summon monsters.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #103 by parhelia_0000 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:13 am

Ladies and gents, we finally have confirmation, Arkraiders broke the meta.

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-35738271
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-35793922

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #104 by Lil Oldman » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:17 am

We already knew that lol
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #105 by parhelia_0000 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:17 am

This is probably the most perfect board ever conceptualized with Arkraiders. https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-35883080

With the end board:
1. My opponent cannot Special Summon monsters thanks to Amaru.
2. My opponent cannot Tribute monsters I control except for a Tribute Summon, and I even have Heaven's Glow to follow up just in case my opponent has Sphere Mode.
3. My opponent's locked out of GY and Banished effects.
4. Thanks to Darkness Lara gaining effects of Wicked Nightmare, any LV/Rank/Link 5 or lower monsters my opponent controls have their effects negated.
5. Arkraider monsters I control are unaffected by Spell effects, making them impervious to DRNM or Lightning Storm.
6. My opponent cannot draw outside the Draw Phase thanks to Underworld Lara, meaning my opponent might as well forget about Exodia because you'd need an anime protagonist-level miracle to pull off a hard-draw into an Exodia win.
7. My Amaru can follow up with additional effects during the next turn.
8. I have 3 negates to reinforce the floodgates (1 omni, 1 monster, 1 search from Ash).

And I STILL haven't even used Underworld Lara's discard effect!

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #106 by parhelia_0000 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:51 pm

One more support card coming your way!

Arkraider Possession (アークライダー・セットの呪い/아크레이더 세트의 저주) https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2950508
You can only activate 1 "Arkraider Possession" per turn. After you activate this card, for the rest of this turn, you cannot Summon monsters, except "Arkraider" or DIVINE monsters. Pay 1000 LP; your opponent can negate this card's effect by discarding 2 cards from their hand, otherwise activate 1 of the following effects:
● If you control no monsters: Reveal any number of "Arkraider" cards in your hand, and if you do, take control of a number of monsters your opponent controls, equal to the number of cards revealed by this effect. Their effects are negated, also their names are treated as "Arkraider Possessed."
● If your opponent controls more monsters than you do, and the only monsters you control are "Arkraider" monsters: Send cards from the top of your Deck to the GY equal to the surplus, and if you do, your opponent selects and gives control of monsters they control to you, equal to the number of cards sent to the GY by this card's effect. Their effects are negated, also their names are treated as "Arkraider Possessed."

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #107 by parhelia_0000 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:26 am

Arkraider 2022 - 3-card Combo to Quad-Lara Lock
It's time to bring Arkraiders into 2022! I'm gonna show you guys how to pull off a 3-card combo to lock down the opponent even before they have a chance to retaliate.

The 3-card combo: Pre-Preparation of Rites, Foolish Burial Goods (or Arkraider Apprentice Lara) and Arkraider Excalibur. If you have these three cards in hand, you've basically won the duel.

Combo Tutorial Replay: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-35906595

So we want to start things off by using Pre-Preparation of Rites to search Eclipse Ritual and incaRnate Lara. Hold onto these cards because you'll need the ritual monster for Amaru! Then, you want to use Foolish Burial Goods to send Arkraider Lost City - Yamatai to the GY, triggering its float effect to special summon Arkraider Apprentice Lara from our Deck. If you already have Apprentice Lara in your hand, you can Special Summon her right away.

After that, you want to Tribute Apprentice Lara for the Communicator -> Prime Richard combo. With 2 monsters on the field, you can use Prime Richard to search an Arkraider spell.

IF YOU SUSPECT THE OPPONENT HAS NIBIRU IN HAND: Add Arkraider Retaliation or Arkraider Heaven's Glow. Either of these will stop Nibiru.
IF YOUR OPPONENT MAKES IT CLEAR THEY HAVE NO HAND TRAPS: Extend with Arkraider Lost Memories. (This option is demonstrated in this video, but either way the result will be the same.)

With Lost Memories, you want to Special Summon Prime Amelia, triggering its effect to Special Summon Wicked Traveler from your Deck. Then, using Wicked Traveler, Communicator and Prime Richard you want to link them off into Legendary Lara.

CL1 Legendary Lara, CL2 Communicator. You'll get an Upstart draw off of Communicator, and you get a Monster Reborn off of Legendary Lara. You can bring any Arkraider from your GY back except Apprentice Lara. For this example I went with Prime Richard.

After that, you want to use Apprentice Lara's 2nd effect, banishing it from the GY to get a free Arkraider monster from our Extra Deck. We want to bring out Force Wraith for the Wicked Nightmare. Legendary Lara's effect will trigger, allowing you to get another draw from your Deck. Then, use Apprentice Lara's final effect, shuffling it from the Banished Zone to the Deck to draw 1 card.

After you bring out your Wicked Nightmare, you want to link off Prime Amelia into Mentor Von Croy. I hope you guys were smart enough to leave one of the zones that Legendary Lara points to, 'cause that'll allow you to bring back Amelia to that zone. After that, you want to tune Mentor Von Croy (its effect allows him to be used as a LV4 for Synchro or Xyz Summon of an Arkraider monster) and Prime Richard with Prime Amelia, to Synchro Summon Shadow Lara.

Using Shadow Lara's effect, we want to copy Arkraider Lost Memories' first effect, special summoning yet ANOTHER Arkraider from our Deck. For this demonstration, I went with Apprentice Lara, but Communicator does just fine too.

Next, you want to use Excalibur to revive any of the LV4 Arkraider's from your GY, and overlay them into eXtreme Lara. Excalibur's GY effect will trigger, allowing you to special summon another Arkraider from your Deck. Let's go with another copy of Wicked Traveler for this instance.

After that, you want to Rank Up eXtreme Lara into eXotic Lara.

Next, you want to use Wicked Traveler as material for the Link Summon of Underworld Lara. Normally it requires 3 Link materials, but its effect allows you to treat a Special Summoned "Arkraider" monster as an entire material.

Last but not least, we'll be using Arkraider Eclipse Ritual to Tribute Wicked Nightmare into incaRnate Lara. Using its on-summon effect, given the fact that for this instance you have 4 Arkraider Spell cards in GY, you'll draw 4 and place 3 at the bottom of the Deck.

What you do with the combo from here on out is up to you depending on what you drew, but with this 3-card combo you'll have essentially locked your opponent out of GY effects or drawing outside their Draw Phase, protecting your Arkraiders from Kaiju's, Spell or Trap effects, AND gaining a Spell/Trap and monster effect negation each off of eXotic Lara and Shadow Lara.

And that's it! Arkraider in 2022 has risen to become one of the biggest threats to the meta as of today. Let me know what you guys think of the combo!

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #108 by parhelia_0000 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:48 pm

Arkraider 2022 Deck Profile (October 1 2021 Format)

Ladies and gents, I give you, the deck profile of my Arkraider's, the very deck that brought Pendulum Magicians, Tri-Brigade and Dogmatika Invoked Shaddoll's down to their knees. Enjoy!

Deck Link: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=9711575

MAIN DECK (Total 50 cards)
Monsters (15):
3x Arkraider Apprentice Lara
3x Arkraider Communicator
1x Arkraider Prime Amelia
1x Arkraider Prime Richard
2x Arkraider Wicked Traveler
3x Ash Blossom & Joyous Springs
2x Arkraider incaRnate Lara

Spells (35):
2x Arkraider Eclipse Ritual
3x Arkraider Excalibur
2x Arkraider Gauntlets of Thor
2x Arkraider Heaven's Glow
3x Arkraider Lost City - Niflheim
2x Arkraider Lost City - Yamatai
3x Arkraider Lost Memories
2x Arkraider Possession
2x Arkraider Retaliation
2x Arkraider Revelation
2x Arkraider Sacred Guidance
2x Arkraider Triangle of Light
3x Foolish Burial Goods
3x Pre-Preparation of Rites
1x Reinforcement of the Army
1x Set Rotation

EXTRA DECK (15)
1x Arkraider Darkness Lara
1x Arkraider Fantastic Lara
1x Arkraider Force Wraith
1x Arkraider Shadow Lara
1x Arkraider Survivor Lara
1x Arkraider eXotic Lara
1x Arkraider eXtreme Lara
1x Arkraider Wicked Nightmare
1x Arkraider Amaru, the Benevolent
1x Arkraider Legendary Lara
1x Arkraider Mentor Von Croy
1x Arkraider Natla, the Vengeful
2x Arkraider Underworld Lara

SIDE DECK (15)
3x Denko Sekka
3x Droll & Lock Bird
3x Nibiru, the Primal Being
3x Lightning Storm
3x Evenly Matched

DECK ANALYSIS:
After playtesting this deck many times, I found that I don't even need Isolde anymore in my deck, considering the fact that my deck is capable of pushing out so much resources by its own. The addition of 2 Possession has now made it possible for Arkraiders to have a strong start going second as well, meaning I don't have to worry about RPS luck anymore.

Using both Amaru and Natla together in the Extra Deck means that the strongest end board completely locks the opponent out of playing Yugioh.

Let me know what you guys think of the deck list. :)

greg503

Post #109 by greg503 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:56 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:Arkraider 2022 Deck Profile (October 1 2021 Format)

Ladies and gents, I give you, the deck profile of my Arkraider's, the very deck that brought Pendulum Magicians, Tri-Brigade and Dogmatika Invoked Shaddoll's down to their knees. Enjoy!

Monsters (15):

Spells (35):
3x Arkraider Excalibur
2x Arkraider Possession
2x Arkraider Retaliation
2x Arkraider Revelation
3x Foolish Burial Goods
1x Set Rotation

EXTRA DECK (15)
1x Arkraider Shadow Lara
1x Arkraider eXotic Lara

SIDE DECK (15)
3x Denko Sekka
3x Droll & Lock Bird
3x Lightning Storm
3x Evenly Matched

DECK ANALYSIS:
After playtesting this deck many times, I found that I don't even need Isolde anymore in my deck, considering the fact that my deck is capable of pushing out so much resources by its own. The addition of 2 Possession has now made it possible for Arkraiders to have a strong start going second as well, meaning I don't have to worry about RPS luck anymore.

Using both Amaru and Natla together in the Extra Deck means that the strongest end board completely locks the opponent out of playing Yugioh.

You pushed the power so much that running more than 40 cards w/o Grass is optimal
Buy Floowandereeze

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #110 by parhelia_0000 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:06 pm

greg503 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:Arkraider 2022 Deck Profile (October 1 2021 Format)

Monsters (15):

Spells (35):
3x Arkraider Excalibur
2x Arkraider Possession
2x Arkraider Retaliation
2x Arkraider Revelation
3x Foolish Burial Goods
1x Set Rotation

EXTRA DECK (15)
1x Arkraider Shadow Lara
1x Arkraider eXotic Lara

SIDE DECK (15)
3x Denko Sekka
3x Droll & Lock Bird
3x Lightning Storm
3x Evenly Matched

DECK ANALYSIS:

You pushed the power so much that running more than 40 cards w/o Grass is optimal

Funny you mentioned that, considering how Arkraider Infernoid used to be a thing with the Scion of Atlantis I made as a support card a long while back.

By the way, I'd be very curious to see how Christen57 would try to make these cards, considering how he already did the feedback on the Xenomorphs before. (Yes, I watched the Objection link in Spam Paradise. I had a good laugh, thanks.)

In fact, let's have some fun. Since these cards are public, I would be interested to see how other people would incorporate Arkraiders into their decks.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #111 by parhelia_0000 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:19 pm

So with the new banlist up, let's talk about Arkraiders. I'll list out which variants are affected, and if they are, which ones are still playable.

PURE VARIANT - Not affected. Please see deck list above: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=9711575
INVOKED VARIANT - Playable. I recommend that you replace 2nd Pot of Desires with a 3rd copy of Arkraider Lost City - Niflheim.
INFERNOID VARIANT - Nerfed. Because of limited Monster Gate you won't be able to mill out Scion of Atlantis's as consistently. For fun decks it's a nice gimmick, but for meta, it's not playable anymore. DECK SCHEDULED FOR DELETION - DEEMED NO LONGER VIABLE FOR META PLAY.
KARNAK EGYPTIAN GODS VARIANT - Not affected. Please see deck list: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=9018999
ARKRAIDER EXORSISTER - Not affected. Please see deck list: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=9706026

Overall analysis: Pure variant is still playable as the 50-card deck does not rely on Pot of Desires to consistently push out the end board. In fact, I'd even argue that Pot of Desires hinders the combo plays as it does pose a risk of me banishing extender cards that could screw up my combos. The hybrid variants are the ones that are hit the most, especially Infernoids, as Monster Gate being limited nerfs the potential of Scion of Atlantis.

If anything, I'd say that the new banlist made Arkraiders even stronger. Raigeki being unbanned makes no difference at this point, as the current meta has ways to get around it or negate it.

The most surprising unbans I've seen from the banlist are Fairy Tail - Snow and Destrudo. While I personally don't see them being used in Arkraiders anytime soon, it'd be interesting to see the interactions the decks that run them will have against Arkraiders.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #112 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:44 pm

ARCHETYPE SCHEDULED FOR DELETION FROM DB DATABASE. This is as of means to boycott the Custom Card format's toxicity that's going on to this day.

Admins may now lock this thread, thank you.

Return to “Custom Cards”