Arkraider Archetype (OCG: アークライダー/아크레이더)

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Lil Oldman
Mood:

Re: Arkraider Archetype (OCG: アークライダー/아크레이더)

Post #21 by Lil Oldman » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:16 pm

VaporeonVex wrote:theres a lotta text here that im not willing to read here

even though im usually willing to read this kind of stuff, rn im not

bruh momento
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

VaporeonVex

Post #22 by VaporeonVex » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:18 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
VaporeonVex wrote:theres a lotta text here that im not willing to read here

even though im usually willing to read this kind of stuff, rn im not

bruh momento

only not willing to read cause im too tired rn and im doing other stuff
Some nerd who makes stupid posts and has nothing better to do.

ironspider2357

Post #23 by ironspider2357 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:23 pm

Wait so I can make an archetype like xyz monsters that depends on how many overplay units it has that triggers effects?

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #24 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:55 am

Rocket2 wrote:WTF! Improve version of Infernoble Knight? In what way?! Its better than most Archetype in the game.
There is no way the opponent can win. This boss have 6 effects, but then it gain more from its Link Materials. All your Arkraider cards are broken and not fun to go up against. What's wrong, didn't get 100% win rate with it so you made this final boss. Had you learn nothing from Konami mistakes with "The Tyrant Neptune" or "Supreme King Dragon Starving Venom"?! What worst, you made it so its more than 1 copy.
Trying to beat Konami on "how to" ban an entire Archetype forever. Well you certainly won that award.

And your other bosses "Force Wrath" & "Wicked Nightmare". Again WTF! No one will bother to fusion summon Force Wrath, just Normal Summon "Wicked Traveler" with any of their easy Equip Spell -> Force -> Wicked Floodgate turn 1. Not even -1 with the Equip Spell because all of them float. All the floodgate effects are either only to the opponent, or no "real" downside to the user. And your cards have so many words & lines. :? Don't you know we hate stalling the game just to read the opponent's cards' long texts, for each one throughout the match! :evil:

We don't need a 2nd CrystalMusic here. :x One rotten apple is more than enough. Hate to see another unbeatable custom deck that prevent the opponent to duel, or close to no chance of winning the "match", or just a headache to keep track & read all those long effects.

Well that's surprising. So by your logic you're also telling me my main deck monsters such as Communicator, Prime Richard and Prime Amelia are also broken? Hmm...I beg to differ.

Just because Komoney has banned tier 0 decks doesn't mean they won't be made again later on. Yes, they did make mistakes, and if there's anything I learned from my experience at locals back in my university years, it's that tier 1/tier 0 formats will always be there. Otherwise, there'd be no competition, and people would lose the motivation to pay for the best deck of the format.

There is also something that another customs player once taught me back when I first got into customs - the objective of Yugioh is to make sure your opponent cannot play Yugioh. It always has been, always will. Look at the top tier decks like Dogmatika Invoked Shaddolls or even Eidlich for example. If that wasn't enough, how about PePe? Dragon Rulers? Chaos Yata Lock? The list goes on and on.

I get it, you want balance. However, considering how everyone has different standards of balance, I don't think it'll ever be possible so long as the custom format exists. I've learned to get used to it. At the very least, I don't make the ridiculous demands that CrystalMusic makes.

Rocket2

Post #25 by Rocket2 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:34 am

Well that's surprising. So by your logic you're also telling me my main deck monsters such as Communicator, Prime Richard and Prime Amelia are also broken? Hmm...I beg to differ.

Yes. All of them have a +1 card effect without any drawback (except HOPT which still does not justify their effects) just by being "if summoned", including Flip Summon. Except Amelia, but I saw your stupid combo with bring out "Wicked Traveler".

Just because Komoney has banned tier 0 decks doesn't mean they won't be made again later on. Yes, they did make mistakes, and if there's anything I learned from my experience at locals back in my university years, it's that tier 1/tier 0 formats will always be there. Otherwise, there'd be no competition, and people would lose the motivation to pay for the best deck of the format.

Tier 0 exist due to Konami bullshit, not mistake. There are also plenty of "notorious" Tier 1 too, but not all Tier 1 decks are. Remember the 1st year of Master Rule 2 & 4. They purposefully kill all competitions beforehand by using banlist & the new mechanic. Or did your pea brain let that one pass because you are one of those people who make it to top 32 for the first time with tier 0 deck.

There is also something that another customs player once taught me back when I first got into customs - the objective of Yugioh is to make sure your opponent cannot play Yugioh. It always has been, always will. Look at the top tier decks like Dogmatika Invoked Shaddolls or even Eidlich for example. If that wasn't enough, how about PePe? Dragon Rulers? Chaos Yata Lock? The list goes on and on.

Oh, so if you can't beat them, join them. What a toxic little sheep you are. :lol: You have only point out the most hated formats ever. I'd plenty of fun in other formats that aren't stupid. Ask people in the community (who are not your friend as it is likely they share the same toxic behavior as you), and they will tell you what's their favorite or best format, and chances are most of it won't be the one you are praising.

I get it, you want balance. However, considering how everyone has different standards of balance, I don't think it'll ever be possible so long as the custom format exists. I've learned to get used to it. At the very least, I don't make the ridiculous demands that CrystalMusic makes.

With this kind of a reply, you are just as bad as he is, because both of you guys refuse to get it in your coconut heads that what you both done, is shutting the opponent off to play yugioh "by your way". If Konami ever learn from their past mistake, well you most certainly didn't. Get out of here, and don't came back until you find me a "real Konami" deck that came even close to what your cards does with their effect, card advantages, & wording (not its play style) that justify those long bullshit effects, instead of shouting out how yugioh "should" be play & make. :evil:

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #26 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:45 pm

Rocket2 wrote:

Yes. All of them have a +1 card effect without any drawback (except HOPT which still does not justify their effects) just by being "if summoned", including Flip Summon. Except Amelia, but I saw your stupid combo with bring out "Wicked Traveler".

Tier 0 exist due to Konami bullshit, not mistake. There are also plenty of "notorious" Tier 1 too, but not all Tier 1 decks are. Remember the 1st year of Master Rule 2 & 4. They purposefully kill all competitions beforehand by using banlist & the new mechanic. Or did your pea brain let that one pass because you are one of those people who make it to top 32 for the first time with tier 0 deck.

Oh, so if you can't beat them, join them. What a toxic little sheep you are. :lol: You have only point out the most hated formats ever. I'd plenty of fun in other formats that aren't stupid. Ask people in the community (who are not your friend as it is likely they share the same toxic behavior as you), and they will tell you what's their favorite or best format, and chances are most of it won't be the one you are praising.

With this kind of a reply, you are just as bad as he is, because both of you guys refuse to get it in your coconut heads that what you both done, is shutting the opponent off to play yugioh "by your way". If Konami ever learn from their past mistake, well you most certainly didn't. Get out of here, and don't came back until you find me a "real Konami" deck that came even close to what your cards does with their effect, card advantages, & wording (not its play style) that justify those long bullshit effects, instead of shouting out how yugioh "should" be play & make. :evil:

With the way you're constantly spewing out Ad Hominem attacks rather than explain rationally about how your points are supposed to be "valid," I think you're starting to sound more like this:

Rocket2

Post #27 by Rocket2 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:23 pm

Who's this ugly? Did you take it from your baby album? :lol:

Explain Rationally. I did more than enough! And even if I go into deeper details, unfortunately, I don't think it will inside that thick coconut head of yours! What kind of a sore loser mentality you have, thinking that "If that tier 1 deck have floodgate/ 100 negation, then I should deserve to had one too, but superior!" This is a card game! Every decks played differently to win! Since you can't notice these problems even at just face value, then I had rest my case. You are in your own little world, telling yourself and others that what you done are unarguable. :roll:

A clear case of "Dunning-Kruger Effect" here. Get lose, and go rearrange your baby album or something. Like I said, don't come back until you got the proof.
Last edited by Rocket2 on Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KTeknis

Post #28 by KTeknis » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:35 pm

Welp, I never thought this thread would go in flames like this.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Rocket2

Post #29 by Rocket2 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:36 pm

KTeknis wrote:Welp, I never thought this thread would go in flames like this.

Hey KTeknis, want to join the party? Its on fire. :lol:

KTeknis

Post #30 by KTeknis » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:46 pm

Rocket2 wrote:
KTeknis wrote:Welp, I never thought this thread would go in flames like this.

Hey KTeknis, want to join the party? Its on fire. :lol:

No thanks, but i though i could 'douse' it just by intervening?
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #31 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:15 pm

Rocket2 wrote:Who's this ugly? Did you take it from your baby album? :lol:

Explain Rationally. I did more than enough! And even if I go into deeper details, unfortunately, I don't think it will inside that thick coconut head of yours! What kind of a sore loser mentality you have, thinking that "If that tier 1 deck have floodgate/ 100 negation, then I should deserve to had one too, but superior!" This is a card game! Every decks played differently to win! Since you can't notice these problems even at just face value, then I had rest my case. You are in your own little world, telling yourself and others that what you done are unarguable. :roll:

A clear case of "Dunning-Kruger Effect" here. Get lose, and go rearrange your baby album or something. Like I said, don't come back until you got the proof.

It's not from MY baby album, but it surely comes from yours. :D

And you know what, I think you've inspired me to create even more broken archetypes in the near future. I think I'll go ahead and do that. ;)

greg503

Post #32 by greg503 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:24 pm

Just because Mystic Mine "makes sure your opponent cannot play Yugioh" doesn't make it fun, or well-liked. People want True King Of All Calamities banned because it "makes sure your opponent cannot play Yugioh." No one wants to play against an oppressive strategy, because the point of a TCG is to PLAY YOUR CARDS.
Buy Floowandereeze

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #33 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:29 pm

greg503 wrote:Just because Mystic Mine "makes sure your opponent cannot play Yugioh" doesn't make it fun, or well-liked. People want True King Of All Calamities banned because it "makes sure your opponent cannot play Yugioh." No one wants to play against an oppressive strategy, because the point of a TCG is to PLAY YOUR CARDS.

Well, people may want to get comfortable with the formats, 'cause my gut feeling's telling me that True King of All Calamities is here to stay.

Tier 0 formats will always come up again. There's really no way for people to tell Komoney to balance all of the upcoming formats, 'cause otherwise, there'd be no real competition going on, and people would just lose the incentive to buy the new cards.

This is just like how Apple figured it out a long time ago - always keep the customer by the tits, 'cause new innovations and competition is the only way that the industry will survive. The same applies to card games - if there's really no tier 1 or tier 0 formats going on, then people won't find the format fun to play because they won't know which deck is the "best deck" to play.

Oh, and PS My custom cards are public, so people are free to use my cards in their decks for custom duels if they like. I kinda want to imagine what might happen if my archetype actually became real.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #34 by Lil Oldman » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:40 pm

This thread is the only reason I actually dont play customs. Like this broken deck there are other 20 and it defeats the entire point (or atleast it defeats my point) of Having customs, that is Having some haha funny gimmicks, I just play occasionally with my customs against my other customs because thats the only way I can find it fun.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #35 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:45 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:This thread is the only reason I actually dont play customs. Like this broken deck there are other 20 and it defeats the entire point (or atleast it defeats my point) of Having customs, that is Having some haha funny gimmicks, I just play occasionally with my customs against my other customs because thats the only way I can find it fun.

For me, I want to create custom decks with the modern meta in mind. I always do my best to make sure that my decks aren't posed as loser decks, but at the same time doesn't look like the other BS custom decks that use insta-win effects.

Plus, what's the problem with paying tribute to the Tomb Raider series I enjoy a lot? This archetype really does pay homage to the Lara Croft character, don't you think? ;)

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #36 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:52 pm

Oh, and btw, whenever I build decks, I always ask myself, "What can this deck do against tier 1/tier 0 decks?" Like, I always want to make sure that when I pit my deck against any tier 1/tier 0 deck out there, it's always going to produce positive winning results. If it doesn't, then there's a flaw in the deck that needs to be fixed.

Of course, insta-wins don't make the duel any fun. At least that's the one part I'll agree with others - insta-win effects are BS unless there's a really hefty cost/condition to it.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #37 by Lil Oldman » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:54 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:This thread is the only reason I actually dont play customs. Like this broken deck there are other 20 and it defeats the entire point (or atleast it defeats my point) of Having customs, that is Having some haha funny gimmicks, I just play occasionally with my customs against my other customs because thats the only way I can find it fun.

For me, I want to create custom decks with the modern meta in mind. I always do my best to make sure that my decks aren't posed as loser decks, but at the same time doesn't look like the other BS custom decks that use insta-win effects.

Plus, what's the problem with paying tribute to the Tomb Raider series I enjoy a lot? This archetype really does pay homage to the Lara Croft character, don't you think? ;)

The problem is, for an outsider, this deck just looks like more BS they were trying to get away from in the first place.
There is no problem on paying tribute to your favorite series, I do it all the time, the problem is that this deck just feels with no emotion, just easy strong monsters that are inmune to stuff.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #38 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:59 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:

The problem is, for an outsider, this deck just looks like more BS they were trying to get away from in the first place.
There is no problem on paying tribute to your favorite series, I do it all the time, the problem is that this deck just feels with no emotion, just easy strong monsters that are inmune to stuff.

Perhaps lack of emotion is what we just might need if it means getting the job done of creating a winning deck.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #39 by Lil Oldman » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:07 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:For me, I want to create custom decks with the modern meta in mind. I always do my best to make sure that my decks aren't posed as loser decks, but at the same time doesn't look like the other BS custom decks that use insta-win effects.

Perhaps lack of emotion is what we just might need if it means getting the job done of creating a winning deck.

Whats the point of having a deck that lacks emotions. It just feels like making something just for the sake of doing it, when representing a franchise it should reflect the spirit of the franchise or being represented in a way better way than just haha funny big numbers.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #40 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:29 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:The problem is, for an outsider, this deck just looks like more BS they were trying to get away from in the first place.

Whats the point of having a deck that lacks emotions. It just feels like making something just for the sake of doing it, when representing a franchise it should reflect the spirit of the franchise or being represented in a way better way than just haha funny big numbers.

The point is to make sure that the deck wins. I don't waste my time with loser decks that are all gimmick, no competitiveness.

Return to “Custom Cards”