my first custom card i ever made

Post your custom made cards in this forum
parhelia_0000
Mood:

Re: my first custom card i ever made

Post #41 by parhelia_0000 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:22 pm

I'm just reading what everyone else had to say about CrystalMusic, and after reading them, part of me doesn't feel guilty anymore about making meta-geared custom decks.

I remember facing off against those who kept on pulling out cards that alter the rules of the game, or deliberately disregarded official rulings in customs, arguing that "rules only apply to official cards". (Aromagirl, I'm looking at you!) Myself too, I tried to resort to custom cards geared to counter those attempting to alter the rules of the game or had no concept of balance; however, I kept on running into compromises where I have to sacrifice at least part of my strategies of my deck by wasting an ED space or two JUST to counter BS decks. Like, who even has the time and/or patience to work with such cards in the extra deck?! Plus, if you're running cards that banish cards randomly from the ED like Eater of Millions for example, there's no way to bypass the cards you specifically made to counter BS decks. If those are banished, you're pretty much fucked.

My advice to people who are forced to deal with people like CrystalMusic or Aromagirl: The best solution is to avoid them in the first place. Don't play against them and make the blacklist public - advise anyone playing on customs to not play against these guys.

If you're forced into a duel against these guys, at least have an Exodia deck handy, or make a deck that deliberately breaks those rules. And when they leave the duel or pause them, use it as an opportunity to teach them a lesson about not making cards to alter the rules of the game.

Shugunou

Post #42 by Shugunou » Sun May 10, 2020 2:14 pm

So basically you're saying that if someone doesn't play decks pre-2010, they aren't duelists. Sounds pretty stupid. Konami made those cards and they made the 2020 ones too. The game evolves and you simply can't evolve with it. I'm sorry, but if you want to do this, play goat format. It can be ranked or unranked, and only allows old cards, most of which are no longer used. You can put these rules in your duel note as well. But don't attack people because they don't share your beliefs. I know this will sound unfair, but that is exactly what led to the holocaust. Hitler killed and dehumanized people for not sharing his beliefs and fitting his ideal (despite not fitting them himself). I beg of you, do not become Hitler, we don't need another. He was a bad person, 99 percent of the Earth will agree. Just please. You are allowed to believe what you want, but you have to realise that others have that same right. You don't have the final say in what people can do. Everyone wishes they did, but the truth is, no one does.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #43 by LightCaster » Sun May 10, 2020 7:49 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:I'm just reading what everyone else had to say about CrystalMusic, and after reading them, part of me doesn't feel guilty anymore about making meta-geared custom decks.

I remember facing off against those who kept on pulling out cards that alter the rules of the game, or deliberately disregarded official rulings in customs, arguing that "rules only apply to official cards". (Aromagirl, I'm looking at you!) Myself too, I tried to resort to custom cards geared to counter those attempting to alter the rules of the game or had no concept of balance; however, I kept on running into compromises where I have to sacrifice at least part of my strategies of my deck by wasting an ED space or two JUST to counter BS decks. Like, who even has the time and/or patience to work with such cards in the extra deck?! Plus, if you're running cards that banish cards randomly from the ED like Eater of Millions for example, there's no way to bypass the cards you specifically made to counter BS decks. If those are banished, you're pretty much fucked.

My advice to people who are forced to deal with people like CrystalMusic or Aromagirl: The best solution is to avoid them in the first place. Don't play against them and make the blacklist public - advise anyone playing on customs to not play against these guys.

If you're forced into a duel against these guys, at least have an Exodia deck handy, or make a deck that deliberately breaks those rules. And when they leave the duel or pause them, use it as an opportunity to teach them a lesson about not making cards to alter the rules of the game.

I mean your cards are better suited for custom Vanguard games but that's besides the point.

Return to “Custom Cards”