Ideas for new types of summoning: Grimoire Summon and Chaos Level-Up

Post your custom made cards in this forum
MilodicMellodi

Ideas for new types of summoning: Grimoire Summon and Chaos Level-Up

Post #1 by MilodicMellodi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:48 am

I got my idea after watching RWBY, and I was thinking of a fanfiction that had Salem as the final boss. Each important RWBY character has their own deck archetypes (Weiss uses a deck that lacks Main Deck monsters, Blake's archetype is based on evading attacks and damage during her opponent's Battle Phase, Ozpin uses a Link-based deck, etc.) So, I was thinking of what would be a good idea for Salem. After that, it almost literally hit me and I laughed my ass off (rather, I slipped on a magazine and almost hit my head on the floor).
So Grimoire Summoning is essentially a 4-card combo that's similar to Pendulum Summoning, but unlike the latter this way of summoning does so from the Main Deck. Three Continuous Spells and a Field Spell are needed for this — rather, two Continuous Spells are needed, but the last two Spells offer more than the first two provide and clear up backrow. The first two Continuous Spells each have you declare a level (the first is 0-6, the other is 7-13); with these two Spells, you can Grimoire Summon monsters from your deck between the levels declared, but the condition for doing so is that if you do Grimoire Summon you cannot Summon monsters with levels between the levels declared during your next turn. For example, declaring 1 and 7 and Grimoire Summoning with those declared levels means that you're able to Grimoire Summon level 2-6 monsters, but cannot Summon level 2-6 monsters during your next turn. They also have their own respective protection effect, one protecting Grimoire Summoned monsters from being destroyed by the first Spell that would do so, the other doing the same against Traps.
The third Continuous Spell lets you search for the Field Spell after a number of turns after it's activated (but does it instantly if you have the two Continuous Spells), and it also lets you activate the FIeld Spell and also protects your Grimoire Summoned monsters from the first Monster effect that would destroy them. Finally, the Field Spell...obviously it cannot be activated without the third Continuous Spell, but it also has the ability to "absorb" the effects of the three specific Continuous Spells by sending them from your field to the Graveyard while all three of them are on the field (and as long as the card is not removed from the field, it'll be able to keep this effect). This essentially means that the Field Spell can potentially protect your Grimoire Summoned monsters from the first destruction effect of each card type, as well as permanently (while the Field Spell is face-up, obviously) protecting them from being targeted by the opponent's cards and effects. It's a high amount of cards and resources to make it work, but when you make it work it becomes exceedingly difficult for your opponent to hurt you.
It's in its rough draft, but I hope you like what I make. Like the title says, I'm also going to be listing cards that can "Chaos Level-Up", which is a summoning method Salem and her Inner Circle have that's sort of a mix between Rank-Up Magic and the "Level Up!" Spell. These will have different cards depending on the summoning method (Effect, Ritual, Fusion, and Synchro).

Grimoire of the Beginning
Continuous Spell
Effect: Grimoire Summoned monsters you control cannot be destroyed by the first Trap Card effect that would destroy them. While you control a face-up "Grimoire of the End", you can declare a Level from 0 through 6. This effect can be activated in response to "Grimoire of the End". If you activated the effect of this card and "Grimoire of the End": During your Main Phase, you can Grimoire Summon monsters from your Main Deck whose Levels are between the Levels declared. If you Grimoire Summoned this turn, you cannot Summon monsters whose Levels are between the declared Levels during your next turn. You can control only 1 face-up "Grimoire of the Beginning".
This, as well as the next two Continuous Spells, are based on how a story operates: beginning, middle, and end. This references how the characters in RWBY are based on fairy tales or legends, and how Salem sees them as such: storybook characters that have no meaning for her own story, and are only a means to an end.

Grimoire of the End
Continuous Spell
Effect: Grimoire Summoned monsters you control cannot be destroyed by the first Spell Card effect that would destroy them. While you control a face-up "Grimoire of the Beginning", you can declare a Level from 7 through 13. This effect can be activated in response to "Grimoire of the Beginning". If you activated the effect of this card and "Grimoire of the Beginning": During your Main Phase, you can Grimoire Summon monsters from your Main Deck whose Levels are between the Levels declared. If you Grimoire Summoned this turn, you cannot Summon monsters whose Levels are between the declared Levels during your next turn. You can control only 1 face-up "Grimoire of the End".

Grimoire - Pages of the Climax
Continuous Spell
Effect: Grimoire Summoned monsters you control cannot be destroyed by the first Monster Card effect that would destroy them, except their own. During the 2nd Standby Phase after you activate this card, add 1 "Grimoire Podium" from your Deck to your hand. If you control a face-up "Grimoire of the Beginning" and "Grimoire of the End", you can activate this card's effect to immediately add "Grimoire Podium" to your hand instead. You can only activate this effect once per turn. You can control only 1 face-up "Grimoire - Pages of the Climax".

Grimoire Podium
Field Spell
Effect: You cannot activate this card unless you control a face-up "Grimoire - Pages of the Climax". Grimoire Summoned monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's cards or effects. During your Main Phase, if you control a face-up "Grimoire of the Beginning", "Grimoire - Pages of the Climax", and "Grimoire of the End", you can send them to the Graveyard: this card gains the effects of those cards as long as this card is on the field (this effect remains even if it is face-down). If this card is destroyed, you can target 1 of each of "Grimoire of the Beginning", "Grimoire - Pages of the Climax", and "Grimoire of the End"; shuffle them into your Deck, then you can draw 1 card.
The podium signifies how high Salem thinks of herself and her story, how she would place it on a podium for all to see so she can read it to the masses on her stage, because she sees heself as that important.

Grimoire Beowolf
DARK, Beast, Effect
Level 3, 1900 ATK, 0 DEF
Effect: If you do not control another face-up "Grimoire" monster, destroy this card. During your Main Phase 2, if this Grimoire Summoned card destroyed a monster by battle and sent it to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Grimoire" or "Chaos Level-Up" Normal Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is targeted by "Chaos Level-Up", Special Summon "Grimoire Alpha Beowolf" with that card's effect. You can only use the effect of "Grimoire Beowolf" once per turn.

Grimoire Alpha Beowolf
DARK, Beast, Effect
Level 5, 2400 ATK, 1000 DEF
Effect: This card cannot be Special Summoned from your Deck, except by Grimoire Summon or with the effect of a "Chaos Level-Up" card. If you do not control another face-up "Grimoire" monster, destroy this card. If this card was Grimoire Summoned, that effect is negated. When this Grimoire Summoned card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, all "Grimoire" monsters you control gain 100 ATK.
Direct reference to the Alpha Beowolf, and its lesser version is a direct reference of a normal Beowolf. These aren't overly strong compared to other Grimm, but they mean trouble in numbers, and its effect mimics that.

Grimoire Nevermore
DARK, Winged Beast, Effect
Level 5, 2000 ATK, 500 DEF
Effect: If you do not control another face-up "Grimoire" monster, destroy this card. During your End Phase, you can roll a 6-sided die; if the result is 1, 3, or 5, destroy 1 monster on the field. If the result is 2, 4, or 6, destroy 1 Spell or Trap card on the field, except "Grimoire Podium". If you destroyed a card with this effect this turn, you can add 1 Level 4 or lower "Grimoire" monster from your Deck to your hand, then shuffle 1 card from your hand into your Deck. If this card is targeted by "Chaos Level-Up", Special Summon "Grimoire Giant Nevermore" with that card's effect. You can only activate the effects of "Grimoire Nevermore" once per turn.

Grimoire Giant Nevermore
DARK, Winged Beast, Effect
Level 7, 2500 ATK, 1200 DEF
Effect: This card cannot be Special Summoned from your Deck, except by Grimoire Summon or with the effect of a "Chaos Level-Up" card. If you do not control another face-up "Grimoire" monster, destroy this card. If this card was Grimoire Summoned, that effect is negated. During your End Phase, you can roll a 6-sided die; if the result is 1, 3, or 5, destroy 1 other monster on the field. If the result is 2, 4, or 6, destroy 1 Spell or Trap card on the field, except face-up "Grimoire" cards.
Like the Beowolf monsters, this and its lesser version are based on their RWBY counterparts. I made the effect based on a dice roll as a reference to its effect in the in-show board game 'Remnant: The Game', though obviously not quite as destructive as that version's effect.

Grimoire Pact
Continuous Trap
Effect: Once per turn, you can pay any multiple of 500 LP. Until your opponent's End Phase, when you would Ritual or Grimoire Summon: lower the levels of all monsters in your Main Deck by 1 for each multiple paid. (This effect stays even if the monster(s) is Summoned.)
Thinking on it, this card may be overpowered in our TCG with Ancient Ritual Art. Anyhow, it's a card that helps lower the hassle caused by trying to Ritual or Grimoire Summon. Obviously you can't use it all that often unless you only do it by 1 or 2; however, a higher reduction (with a higher payment) would offer better short-term results based on the card(s) used.

Chaos Level-Up
Normal Spell
Target 1 face-up monster you control that has a Level, then activate 1 of 3 effects based on the type of monster it is.
[*]Fusion or Synchro: Tribute that monster: Special Summon 1 "Chaos" monster of that card's summoning type from your Extra Deck, but 1 Level higher. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon or Synchro Summon, based on the targeted monster.)
[*]Ritual: Tribute that monster: Special Summon 1 "Chaos" Ritual monster in that card's text. (This Special Summon is treated as a Ritual Summon.)
[*]"Grimoire": Tribute that monster: Special Summon 1 "Grimoire" monster listed in that card's text, then you can shuffle this card into the Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard.
You can only use 1 effect of "Chaos Level-Up" per turn, and you can only activate each effect of "Chaos Level-Up" twice per turn.
Essentially it's a Level-based version of the Rank-Up Magic cards, though in this case it's more like the Barian's Force cards. It may have many effects compared to the RUM Spells, but only one of the effects can be used per turn so it's pretty much the same (even if the effect used can be done again that turn with another copy of itself).

Maiden of the Rosen Smithy
FIRE, Pyro, Ritual, Effect
Level 6, 1300 ATK, 1500 DEF
Effect: You can Ritual Summon this card with "Amber Forge Ritual". When your opponent takes damage by a card effect, increase this card's ATK or DEF by that amount until the End Phase. This card can only gain up to 1500 ATK and/or DEF by its own effect per turn. If this card is targeted by "Chaos Level-Up", Special Summon "Chaos Maiden of the Rosen Smithy" with that card's effect.
I was thinking of a name for Cinder's Ritual monster, and what I came up with was "Autumn Hell". Turns out, someone named KatMajorSmith on Wattpad made a story called "Autumn Hell", with its summary implying the death of the character "Amber Rose Jackery". I thought it fit way too well to ignore, and so this card's name was made. I also named it "Rosen Smithy" for a couple reasons: the first signifies the "return" of the Fall Maiden; the second is because glassblowing roses is considered a smithing art, and Cinder in RWBY is known to be able to manipulate glass Dust.

Amber Forge Ritual
Ritual Spell
Effect: This card is used to Ritual Summon "Maiden of the Rosen Smithy". You must also Tribute monsters from the field or your hand whose total Levels equal 6 or more. Once per turn, if a face-up "Maiden" Ritual monster you control is targeted by a card effect that would destroy it, you can banish this card from your Graveyard: negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it.
Reference to Amber, the "previous" Fall Maiden in RWBY. It's also somewhat of a reference to how fire normally burns in an amber color, and how a forge works with fire.

Chaos Maiden of the Rosen Smithy
FIRE, Pyro, Ritual, Effect
Level 8, 2000 ATK, 800 DEF
Effect: This card can only be Summoned by the effect of "Chaos Level-Up". When this card is Ritual Summoned, inflict 200 damage for each card on the field. When your opponent takes damage by a card effect, increase this card's ATK or DEF by that amount until the End Phase. This card can only gain up to 2000 ATK and/or DEF by its own effects per turn. Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1, you can return this card's ATK or DEF to its original value: destroy all other face-up monsters on the field whose DEF is less than or equal to the difference between the two values.
A more powerful version of its original, though with noticeably less DEF (I transferred 700 of its original's DEF to its ATK for this card, signifying the lack of care for self-preservation in exchange for more offensive power much like how Cinder's relationship to Salem is. It's to the point that even with the higher potential increase by its effect, it can't reach the DEF it used to have. However, it can reach up to 4000 ATK by its own effect which makes in a serious powerhouse, referencing the huge power increase she gained by killing Amber during the Fall of Beacon. It also has an effect that lets it return its ATK or DEF to its original value (either from being higher or lower than the value) to destroy all face-up monsters on the field that have less or equal DEF to that value; this is a reference to the Fall Maiden's power of Destruction.

I may have more cards later, but I wanted to show these cards to you guys. If you have any constructive opinions and such, please feel free to comment below. Like I said at the beginning of the topic, I'm making several archetypes and deck ideas for the story's characters so please feel free to point out flaws so I can improve on them for the story's sake. Thanks for reading~

Return to “Custom Cards”