Spirit Locket of The Sealed Deck

Post your custom made cards in this forum
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Spirit Locket of The Sealed Deck

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:54 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1436003

Now i know what yall are going to say: its a more powerful version of "Mistake". Well yeah! do u not realize how easy Mistake is to get rid of? 1 mst, or twin twisters and BAM gone!

My new card makes it so u cant easily dispatch its effect! You see its effects are still active even when its in the GY, so theres litterally only 3 ways to stop the effect:
1: Skill drain
2: Banish it
3: Return it
if you cant do any 1 of these 3 things thats your problem!

Why did i make this? to stop annoying Royal Magical Library abusers. Even with Butterfly Dagger Banned ppl have found a way to abuse it using the spellbooks and bamboo swords.

let me explain why i made its effects still work even while its in the GY:
I put the logic of a REAL spirit into the card. You cant kill a spirit! the only way to deal with a spirit is to have it exorcised (or banished) from your household. Hence why only banishing it or returning it so its not on the field is the only 2 ways to deal with its effects (of course setting it always works too but whats the point of that when you can just flip it again?)
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

CrawTheShrimp

Post #2 by CrawTheShrimp » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:16 pm

First, check your PSCTs.
Second, too generic
Third, too OP
Fourth, your sense of balance is off the chart.
Venoms need support. Snakes Rain was a lame excuse for Konami not to make supports for it. #ReptileSupportsIn2020

Debt

Post #3 by Debt » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:20 pm

It's broken.

Renji Asuka

Post #4 by Renji Asuka » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:50 pm

1, "You can fusion summon this card on any turn" sorry, "any turn" isn't PSCT, actually the PSCT on the entire card is shite

2, Too generic

3, If you can't fit the entire text in the card image text box, then you should probably shorten it, oh wait PSCT helps.

4, The card doesn't activate therefore, making it MORE powerful.

Now, if you actually want something good, and far more balanced https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=306448

Ghost Servant & Summer Bloom
If your opponent adds a card(s) from their Deck to their hand, except by drawing them for their normal draw: You can discard this card; send the added card(s) to the GY, also your opponent cannot add cards from their Deck to their hand for the rest of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Ghost Servant & Summer Bloom" once per turn.

Now, considering this card actually has real counter play, its a lot more balanced.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

CrawTheShrimp

Post #5 by CrawTheShrimp » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:19 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:1, "You can fusion summon this card on any turn" sorry, "any turn" isn't PSCT, actually the PSCT on the entire card is shite

2, Too generic

3, If you can't fit the entire text in the card image text box, then you should probably shorten it, oh wait PSCT helps.

Now, if you actually want something good, and far more balanced https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=306448

If your opponent adds a card(s) from their Deck to their hand, except by drawing them for their normal draw: You can discard this card; send the added card(s) to the GY, also your opponent cannot add cards from their Deck to their hand for the rest of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Ghost Servant & Summer Bloom" once per turn.

Now, considering this card actually has real counter play, its a lot more balanced.

Out of topic here but isn't that card literally a better version of Droll and Lock Bird ?
Venoms need support. Snakes Rain was a lame excuse for Konami not to make supports for it. #ReptileSupportsIn2020

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #6 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:19 pm

who cares about the 3 ways you mentioned
you don't allow them in your duels, so whats the point
explain this crystalmusic

NOW
b

Alnair

Post #7 by Alnair » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:44 pm

This is what the banlist is for i.e. to make cards, like Royal Magical Library, have less impact instead of having to break the game to reduce the impact of the broken card like you're trying to do. Your card literally defies the existing rules of the game. It's not the case that you maybe need to add some targeting, maybe make it destroy rather than send or add more cost/requirements or anything like that - the card just needs to be scrapped.

Btw, it says something that the people here who call this guy every name under the sun still rush to comment on his threads knowing it'll contain a broken card(s) instead of commenting on other threads where people are willing to listen to your feedback.

Renji Asuka

Post #8 by Renji Asuka » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:02 pm

CrawTheShrimp wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:1, "You can fusion summon this card on any turn" sorry, "any turn" isn't PSCT, actually the PSCT on the entire card is shite

2, Too generic

Out of topic here but isn't that card literally a better version of Droll and Lock Bird ?

Its Droll & Lock Bird having a baby with Drastic Drop Off. It was also made in the early days of customs where people would just search and draw constantly.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Play2X

Post #9 by Play2X » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:12 am

The difference in this balanced card Renji posted, and CMs... thing there is amazing.
Like, everything thats wrong with CMs card... wow. Lets do a fast revision.
First off, the generic materials. 2 Monsters for this effect, what went on in your head, while you wrote that, CM?
Given its ATK and DEF stats, I'd say 2 Level 3 Zombie effect monsters would be a nice idea, which would make it ideal for handtraps (in that case you should change its type to Zombie though). Alternatively, make it DARK/Fiend/Level 3 monsters, or something along the lines.
Secondly, balance the contact fusion part. Doing it in either players turn is just bull overall, but even just bringing it out from your hand is OP. SS by sending 2 monsters you control seems to be fair.
Finally, the effects. Make this thing block both players. The second effect would never trigger, so it is completely useless. Weird Spirit reasons aside, there is no real reason why this thing should have its permanent effect while in the GY. Change the first effect to field only, then you could add some remove from GY effect, that stops 1 draw or something. Like, you could that Negate/destroy part actually use that way.
There. Your card would be like 500% better, only took me 3 minutes of thinking. (No, this doesn't mean this is a balanced card yet, but it is in a state where you could test it and see how it does. You know, like a real developer and stuff.)

Slitina

Post #10 by Slitina » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:30 pm

Nobody:
CrystalMusic: *makes a custom card to stop Royal Magical abusers* when for starters Royal Magical Library isn't RELEVANT at all.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

james123
Mood:

Post #11 by james123 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:33 am

All I need to do to add cards again is through this motherfucking card!
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=923801

Return to “Custom Cards”