Broken or Under?

Post your custom made cards in this forum
| Hanverid |
Mood:

Broken or Under?

Post #1 by | Hanverid | » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:22 pm

Last edited by | Hanverid | on Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2 by Lil Oldman » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:32 pm

We don't know all "Phanatic" monsters so we dont how easy can he reach the field
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Alnair

Post #3 by Alnair » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:02 pm

It's broken. We don't need to know what the other Phanatic cards do because it's generic and would steal so many games just from its first effect. Then add in the second effect potentially looping cards like Waboku and Threatening Roar while he keeps dodging your opponent and returning to deal 2500 every turn and you get the gist.

Debt

Post #4 by Debt » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:04 am

I'm leaning towards not broken. I don't know what traps you intend to cycle but as long as they aren't crystal tier abominations it should be fine

| Hanverid |
Mood:

Post #5 by | Hanverid | » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:05 am

Debt wrote:I'm leaning towards not broken. I don't know what traps you intend to cycle but as long as they aren't crystal tier abominations it should be fine

Fuck it, I'm playing vanillas now.
Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

TheNastyDoctor
Mood:

Post #6 by TheNastyDoctor » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:06 am

I mean, just by one retarded commend you don't have to be so serious.

Debt

Post #7 by Debt » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:09 am

| Hanverid | wrote:Fuck it, I'm playing vanillas now.

?

| Hanverid |
Mood:

Post #8 by | Hanverid | » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:17 am

TheNastyDoctor wrote:I mean, just by one retarded commend you don't have to be so serious.

It's always the same:
TCG / OCG (rated)
Me: I activate Ash Blossom and Wint-
Opponent: YOU'RE A NOOB, YOU'RE SKILLESSSSS, THAT'S WHY YOU USE THAT CARD.
Me: what (._. )

Non-Rated
Me: I activate Evenly Mat-
Opponent: I'm gonna trap you here : )
Me: So you won't play. Alright, nice duel I'm out.
Opponent (sending me a dm after the duel): I won, you're a worthless piece of trash hahahhahhahahha : )

Custom
Me: I Normal Summon a vanilla monster with 1100 AT-
Opponent: THAT'S BROKEN, WAY TOO MANY ATTACK POINTS, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE CARDS.
(I personally find this hilarious bc most of the time the name, art and psct of my cards is beyond perfection compared with their garbage attempt of custom cards, sorry, not sorry lmao)
Me: Okay, I'll try to modify that later. It's your turn now.
Opponent: *Spams the field with 21 summons, monsters with negations that each one are unaffected by cards effects while in either face-up on the field or in the GY*
Me: Don't you think that's a little bit overpowered?
Opponent: I made my cards in the Custom Cards Format server (CCF), Natalia told me that my cards are balanced, so screw you noob.
Me: Got it, then, why is my vanilla monster with 1100 ATK unbalanced?.
Opponent: SHUT UP!!

Goes on in Traditional, Unlimited, Goat, Speed pool. The problem it's not the game, the problem is the people.

TheNastyDoctor
Mood:

Post #9 by TheNastyDoctor » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:21 am

That's the toxic community of duelingbook. But it's not only in duelingbook, check the fandoms. All the fandoms are the same, it isn't only duelingbook, is the people, the society.

Alnair

Post #10 by Alnair » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:07 am

Is this really over my comment?

You asked for feedback and I don't think I said anything that was untrue? If you come to a different conclusion after I state those truths then that's your opinion on the matter, but my opinion is that a card that can do what I outlined above is inherently broken. That's not to say that I don't make powerful cards, believe me I do, but the effect of your card isn't matched by the requirement/cost and it being generic doesn't help at all.

Return to “Custom Cards”