people ask me why i made this card a continuous spell card and why its effect is the way it is

Post your custom made cards in this forum
CrystalMusic
Mood:

people ask me why i made this card a continuous spell card and why its effect is the way it is

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:11 am

Medal of Honor - https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=77460

Now granted it is a searcher spell but forget that, thats not what this post is about. Its about why I chose to make this spell a continuous instead of an equip.

Reason 1: The medal of honor isnt worn by the military while they are openly enrolled. They earn it when they retire and their record of service is so commendable that the President awards them this highly prestigious medal.
Reason 2: Its not so easy to forget such a highly prestigious medal.
Reason 3: Most who have earned this medal keep it in a display case to pass down throughout the generations - this is the main reason i made it a continuous spell
Reason 4: Soldiers who have earned this medal, Like WWII Hero Sergeant Alvin York (1887–1964) Are not so easily forgotten, when someone like Alvin York, who passed away 56 years ago, is still remembered today, it makes them a Legend. Legends dont die! Thats yet another reason why I added in the immunity effect!

As for why i made it search for monsters? Some who join the military joined because of those who earned this medal. The stories and legends of these great soldiers is what gave these young recruits something to fight for: To preserve their memory! And a chance or dream to go down in history as the next soldier to earn the Medal of Honor. When a new recruit is born that increases the size of any military by 1. Hence why it lets me add a monster, to increase my military by 1.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #2 by NiwatoriFTW » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:03 am

Interesting. It's nice to know the arbitrary reasons and real-life concepts that have nothing to do with the game behind the creation of your unbalanced and overpowered cards.

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #3 by Ir0n » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:14 am

Way too generic on the Search effect. this would be an instant 3 of staple in any Hero, Warrior-link, Cyber Dragon or any other deck using those two types. I guess it was meant for your War Hero Archtype, but then you should restrict it to only searching those. Otherwise people will search Stratos, Armageddon Knight, BLS and what else with this.

CrawTheShrimp

Post #4 by CrawTheShrimp » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:36 pm

It is a non hard OTP, so you could search out another copy of it then search until you have all 3 of the copies and next turn, you can get 3 searches off
Venoms need support. Snakes Rain was a lame excuse for Konami not to make supports for it. #ReptileSupportsIn2020

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #5 by Ir0n » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:47 am

CrawTheShrimp wrote:It is a non hard OTP, so you could search out another copy of it then search until you have all 3 of the copies and next turn, you can get 3 searches off

I don't think it works like that. The wording on the card "Once per turn you can add 1 Warrior-type or 1 machine-type monster from your deck to your hand." clearly only searches monsters, so at least this card cannot search itself.

Renji Asuka

Post #6 by Renji Asuka » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:20 pm

>Can't be Negated
>If you have Archetype name anywhere, it can't be destroyed
>Can search any Warrior or Machine

My god....so basically, the only way to deal with it, is to negate its activation, or destroy it on activation. But good luck when going 2nd....
CrystalMusic, this is why everyone in the DuelingBook Community hates you, especially when you justify cards like your "Werewolf Stare", which might I add, is technically a werewolf card already...
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #7 by LightCaster » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:51 pm

@Renji Asuka He won't allow you to go first, and he also won't allow the activation to be negated. He made other cards to prevent his cards from having the activtaion negated. And now that I said that, he'll try to deny it.

Renji Asuka

Post #8 by Renji Asuka » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:37 am

@LightCaster, I don't doubt it tbh, CrystalMusic quit against me after seeing my first card, which didn't generate any advantage lol

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #9 by LightCaster » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:05 am

@Renji Asuka, Dare I ask why?

Renji Asuka

Post #10 by Renji Asuka » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:44 am

I honestly have no idea, might be because I went first. This was like nearly a year to 2 years ago.

I'd have to find the replay for it, assuming the replay would still work since I delete my cards often.

Ooof, I found the replay and I was a bit wrong on what happened.

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=5191-7371972 They were mad cause I was able to get past their 2000 DEF monster just by making them discard 1 card to make a 800 ATK point monster hit 2200 ATK. (ignore the PSCT error on my cards, they've long since been deleted.)

Also found this beautiful replay: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=5191-7797371 Only flipped that card just to troll CrystalMusic.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #11 by LightCaster » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:24 pm

The sick irony of that second replay is: CrystalMusic once again plays the hypocrite card since he has made cards like that.

Return to “Custom Cards”