Please review my Beast-Warrior Archtype

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Ir0n
Mood:

Please review my Beast-Warrior Archtype

Post #1 by Ir0n » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:48 am

Hey, I made this a little while ago and tweaked it every so often, to make it less broken.
Please review my Archtype and if there is anything too busted, that I missed please point it out so that I can fix it.
My aim is a Tier 1 Deck when compared the current TCG meta format.
Thanks in advance, guys :)

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=2832558

CrawTheShrimp

Post #2 by CrawTheShrimp » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:42 pm

Don't you think adding a hard OTP to the Bible Spell and Werewolf of Armentia ? You could search and search endlessly and since Armentia is a soft OTP, you can set 3 then activate them next turn, Special Summon 3 "Powerwolf" monsters from your GY. About the Puppetmaster, you could also add a hard OTP too since you could take away 3 of your opponents monster at the price of controlling a "Powerwolf" monster. About Crusade, add "During your Main Phase, except during the turn this card was sent to the GY" to balance out that most of your Powerwolf have effs when sent to the GY, also maybe add a restriction for the monster Special Summoned from the Deck like effect negated or something. About Assault, it is just like Crusade, a +1, destroying a monster your opponent control and then send a Powerwolf monster to the GY. In short, add a hard OTP or a hard restriction to make the deck less spammable and abuseable. I haven't check the Link yet but i will edit this tomorrow because i am so tired today.
Venoms need support. Snakes Rain was a lame excuse for Konami not to make supports for it. #ReptileSupportsIn2020

DuskWill

Post #3 by DuskWill » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:04 pm

After so many reviews and nearly every card in that list having HOPT effects... Possibly only testing can evaluate if your cards are, indeed, broken. But if you feel like nerfing them a bit more, (alongside CrawTheShrimp's suggestions) considering how Commander and Vanguard got powerful effects, you might want to change the activation condition to either "If this card is Special Summoned from the GY except by the effect of [Card name here]" or "If this card is Special Summoned by it's own effect" in case of Commander.

As for some others, I kinda consider Powerfwolf Saint weak, specially for a Rating 4 Link Monster (even though the archetype summons materials quite easily). I mean, the summoning effect is akin to Interrupted Kaiju Slumber regarding on the player's preference on which monsters will be summoned to each side, but after that your opponent will avoid summoning in those zones to get rid of Saint, a problem that will become worse after Master Rules 2020. It would be more interesting having it feature an Extra Link condition effect, as those are quite rare already and your deck seems to be prone to achieve that.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #4 by Ir0n » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:37 am

Alright, thanks for your feedback. I added a couple of restrictions on some of the cards, to make them less abusable. I didn't change since it already had the hard OPT clause and it is supposed to be the main power play of the deck. If there is anything else anyone might notice that could use some fixing, pls let me know :D

Return to “Custom Cards”