Masked HERO support

Post your custom made cards in this forum
CrawTheShrimp

Masked HERO support

Post #1 by CrawTheShrimp » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:10 am

https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1226516
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1227675
I made these customs, are they really OP or just plain underpowered and unnecessary effs ? I would love some feedbacks
Venoms need support. Snakes Rain was a lame excuse for Konami not to make supports for it. #ReptileSupportsIn2020

DuskWill

Post #2 by DuskWill » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:53 am

They being Trap Cards kinda balance things out, but the first could either feature a "only one of its effects be activated during a turn and only once in that turn" or a condition that you can't activate the effect in the graveyard in the same turn it is sent there.

For the second one, being a trap actually hinders it (despite the obvious relation with a trap card of similar name). Perhaps if it was a Quick-Play Spell Card instead would work best, but only if its activation requirement was if the "Masked HERO" monster was tributed or destroyed by an opponent card (except during the damage calculation). After all, "Masked HERO" monsters can be used to summon others of its kind (which may be the point of this card), but it kinda misses similarity in effect of Hero Signal, as it wouldn't be a "need for help".

But that's me overthinking, as usual. Let me know how you intended them to work best and if the relation with already existing cards is purely cosmetic.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

CrawTheShrimp

Post #3 by CrawTheShrimp » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:08 am

DuskWill wrote:They being Trap Cards kinda balance things out, but the first could either feature a "only one of its effects be activated during a turn and only once in that turn" or a condition that you can't activate the effect in the graveyard in the same turn it is sent there.

For the second one, being a trap actually hinders it (despite the obvious relation with a trap card of similar name). Perhaps if it was a Quick-Play Spell Card instead would work best, but only if its activation requirement was if the "Masked HERO" monster was tributed or destroyed by an opponent card (except during the damage calculation). After all, "Masked HERO" monsters can be used to summon others of its kind (which may be the point of this card), but it kinda misses similarity in effect of Hero Signal, as it wouldn't be a "need for help".

But that's me overthinking, as usual. Let me know how you intended them to work best and if the relation with already existing cards is purely cosmetic.

I made the first card have "One effect and only once that turn" since i could just use it during my turn.
About the second card, i reworked it. Now its effects are just by banishing 1 "HERO" monster with the same Attribute as that monster and Special Summon the said Masked HERO again. After that effect, the said HERO gained the effect if it ever get destroyed again, i could add 1 "Mask Change" Quick-Play Spell from my Deck or GY and 1 HERO monster that has the same Attribute as the destroyed monster from the Deck. Is that good enough ?
Venoms need support. Snakes Rain was a lame excuse for Konami not to make supports for it. #ReptileSupportsIn2020

james123
Mood:

Post #4 by james123 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:43 pm

CrawTheShrimp wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1226516

There's actually a Form Change already...

Return to “Custom Cards”