My simplest and most commonly ran kind custom trap card

Post your custom made cards in this forum
CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 14
Mood:

My simplest and most commonly ran kind custom trap card

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:25 pm

The effect: Monsters your opponent summons cannot attack or activate/resolve their effects during the same turn in which they are summoned

An example: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=764514

you would think this is no big deal to most who vs it right? well youd be wrong. 90% of my opponents get pissed over such a simple effect.

The opponent: thats broken!

Me: how is it broken? because it stopped your monsters effects that allow you to Normal Summon or Special Summon upon its Normal Summon? AKA it stopped you from Spam Summoning? News Flash!!! That is the exact reason why it has such an effect! To prevent Spam Summoning!

If a anti spam summon card to you is broken, then i have lost all hope in the yugioh community.

NiwatoriFTW
User avatar
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 1:11 am
Reputation: 22

Post #2 by NiwatoriFTW » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:38 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:The effect: Monsters your opponent summons cannot attack or activate/resolve their effects during the same turn in which they are summoned

An example: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=764514

you would think this is no big deal to most who vs it right? well youd be wrong. 90% of my opponents get pissed over such a simple effect.

The opponent: thats broken!

Me: how is it broken? because it stopped your monsters effects that allow you to Normal Summon or Special Summon upon its Normal Summon? AKA it stopped you from Spam Summoning? News Flash!!! That is the exact reason why it has such an effect! To prevent Spam Summoning!

If a anti spam summon card to you is broken, then i have lost all hope in the yugioh community.

Well, let's see if I can explain to you: your card is broken because it restricts only the opponent without any downsides for the user. If it wasn't a continuous trap card and only applied for a turn, it would probably be fine. If it had a hefty cost, like Tyrant's Tantrum, there's the chance of being balanced. Only testing would tell, but certainly not a single person's initial judgement upon creation and no regards for second opinions.

Also, the fact it's part of an archetype should be mentioned, as we need to be sure how much protection and searcheability this card gets from the other cards you've made, which would make it even less fair or balanced. There might be some more variables I'm not even taking in consideration for now, but it will emerge upon testing and reviewing.

Now, let's use some real-life cards as a base for constructing a better effect:

Image
It concerns only the opponent, but itself cannot be special summoned, requiring you to tribute 2 monsters for its summon.

Image
Stumbling is, instead, a spell that most likely stops monsters from attacking the turn they're summoned (with Links being a vast exception), but its effect concerns both players.

Image
Re-Qliate would be a close real-life counterpart of half of your card's effect, with the downside that you need to have a "Qli" card on the field so it doesn't destroy itself and its effect, again, concerns both players.

There other cards that could be shown, like Power Filter or Summon Limit, but their effects also imposes to both players, although featuring no cost or downsides. In the end, it all comes down to find proper checks and balances according to the current TCG and OCG gamestate. Otherwise, it will come down to children's imagination fights, akin to this Toy Story scene:
Image

And sorry to burst your bubble, but having a selfish preference on how the opponent should be playing the game is no excuse for a card having an unbalanced, one-sided effect that prevents them from doing even more than your intended restriction. If I came to conclusion that people uses too many Spell Cards nowadays, would that be sufficient reason to justify creating a low-level Monster that negates the activation of any Spell the opponent uses, without a cost or requirement for the Monster hit and remain on the field? I would be getting negative reactions like you and your trap, just because I made my card without proper balancing and no consideration for second opinions, probably still thinking it's perfect because it does what I intended to make it do.

When people start creating cards like this is basically when we lose all hope for custom cards and their community, even though you aren't part of any.

CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 14
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:36 pm

NiwatoriFTW: "Well, let's see if I can explain to you: your card is broken because it restricts only the opponent without any downsides for the user. If it wasn't a continuous trap card and only applied for a turn, it would probably be fine. If it had a hefty cost, like Tyrant's Tantrum, there's the chance of being balanced."

And THIS is the problem with the yugioh community! you people are so used to EVERYTHING having a cost these days!!! Back in my day only counter traps and a select few spells, like tribute to the doomed, had costs. This is why the only cards i add activation costs to are my counter traps, with a few select spells and monsters here and there!

Kappa Mikey
User avatar
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:00 pm
Reputation: 5

Post #4 by Kappa Mikey » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:48 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:NiwatoriFTW: "Well, let's see if I can explain to you: your card is broken because it restricts only the opponent without any downsides for the user. If it wasn't a continuous trap card and only applied for a turn, it would probably be fine. If it had a hefty cost, like Tyrant's Tantrum, there's the chance of being balanced."

And THIS is the problem with the yugioh community! you people are so used to EVERYTHING having a cost these days!!! Back in my day only counter traps and a select few spells, like tribute to the doomed, had costs. This is why the only cards i add activation costs to are my counter traps, with a few select spells and monsters here and there!

So close. Just one more sentence and you would probably understand better, but I guess your selective reading was stronger here. You didn’t even read the rest, even finishing the paragraph would be enough to see their point:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:Only testing would tell, but certainly not a single person's initial judgement upon creation and no regards for second opinions.

They clearly meant that your judgement about your card not being broken is completely one-sided, without second opinions been taken in consideration to its design. It was even mentioned:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:There might be some more variables I'm not even taking in consideration for now, but it will emerge upon testing and reviewing.

Just like your misguided opinion on how the game was “back in your day”, you have a major bias claiming perfection from something flawed. The game had to be reviewed and new cards had to be made so many times in order to its competitive scenario don’t feature 80% or more of the same deck composed by the nearly the same 20 to 30 staple cards. Sure, cards lacked many costs and conditions back then, but that’s what made them limit and eventually forbidden certain cards in Advanced Format.

But, seriously, this is a major problem in many long-lasting gaming franchises: Genwunners whining about how the players play the game nowadays, how the game was better back in the days of their “glorious” childhood, turning a blind eye to everything harsh that had to be dealt.

There were even somewhat old real-life cards in comparison, further illustrating the point. Let’s see if I can make you understand (assuming that you will fully read this reply): Gravity Bind and Level Limit Area-B both were featured in the banlist as Semi-limited and eventually Limited between 2005 and 2012 (with the trap becoming unlimited in 2011). The game was different back then and cards that could circumvent them were few for most decks. More than that, while it limited both players’ attacks, it required a proper deck to take advantage of the situation so it would only detriment the opponent.

Now, compare those two with your card: It’s continuously, one-sidedly shuts down most actions from your opponent’s monsters, not requiring a proper deck to make it work in your advantage, being completely staple on top of that. Nothing that existed in the past decades can justify creating a card like this.

Finally, it’s not about wanting a cost for everything, it’s about finding balance for cards not become exploited in absurd ways. Take Firewall Dragon for an instance. A Link Monster of Rating 4, which demands some setup to bring it, but one of its effects is not a Once Per Turn kind. That prompted people to exploit the free Special Summon to the point that Konami had to include it in the banlist. Your trap doesn’t even requires exploitation, it brings constantly great advantage to you by restricting the opponent like it was nothing.

If you have made this far in the reply, by all means, feel free to review your concepts, taking for once a critic in consideration. Or just remain skeptic with your elitist legacy concepts, biasedly thinking that the major opinion in the community is wrong just because it was different back then or just because you think differently.

Debt
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 78

Post #5 by Debt » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:33 am

1. There have always been cards with costs in the game. All the cards you say you hate like MST, Change of Heart, Raigeki and Harpie's Feather Duster were costless. Those powerful and costless cards like Pot of Greed and Change of Heart were insanely overpowered and will never be moved off the banlist for a good reason. Konami added more costs to the game after 2003 because they learned how disastrous it was for the game to not have them.
2. If you're going to invoke old school then where's the old school one-sided continuous card that shuts down your opponent's ability to play yugioh? You couldn't name it because it doesn't exist. Why do all your decks have repeatable non-hopt searching that can pull ANY card in your deck? I don't remember that being a feature of old school.
3. Explain why your one-sided Lose a Turn that hits Normal Summons and Normal Monsters is balanced. Because it isn't. Your card is basically one-sided skill drain for cards that do anything on summon, which is a lot of cards that are in the game and what people make. It makes it almost impossible for your opponent to swing momentum in their favor without spells or traps and you conveniently make a bunch of cards that give unaffected by everything to your cards. But that's what you're actually going for, easy uncontested wins.

CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 14
Mood:

Post #6 by CrystalMusic » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:26 am

Debt wrote:Your card is basically one-sided skill drain for cards that do anything on summon, which is a lot of cards that are in the game and what people make.


EXACTLY!!! its to overused and its my way of getting people to stop using the same strategy of these kinds of effects all the time. You dotn see me spam summoning to win my duels do you? In an advanced duel, usually i win with either my synchro deck, my water deck or my watts. the only deck i run that is able to spam summon is six sams. so unlike most of the site, i dont need spam summon to win a duel. and if i can win without spam summon, so can the rest of you.

and if you say: then win with spam summon like the majority of us, news flash!!! been there, done that, its called six sams!

NiwatoriFTW
User avatar
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 1:11 am
Reputation: 22

Post #7 by NiwatoriFTW » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:54 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Debt wrote:Your card is basically one-sided skill drain for cards that do anything on summon, which is a lot of cards that are in the game and what people make.


EXACTLY!!! its to overused and its my way of getting people to stop using the same strategy of these kinds of effects all the time. You dotn see me spam summoning to win my duels do you? In an advanced duel, usually i win with either my synchro deck, my water deck or my watts. the only deck i run that is able to spam summon is six sams. so unlike most of the site, i dont need spam summon to win a duel. and if i can win without spam summon, so can the rest of you.

and if you say: then win with spam summon like the majority of us, news flash!!! been there, done that, its called six sams!

Funny how this all went:
    You started with a rant about a random opponent complaining about your broken card and how you lost hope in the community due to most of them playing accordingly to the current game state, or, as you've put, "spam summon";
    We explain how its one-sided effect with no detriment to the user makes it broken;
    You complain about how people are being used to costs;
    We explain how cards with costs always existed to balance effects, as well as cards with no costs for their powerful effects (some of which you condemn using, like MST), but not anything as continuously one-sided and easy to play like your card;
    You don't refute that your card is broken and claims that decks abuse the fact that they can special summon as many times they want, even though it was always allowed.

This cross-examination is quite astounding. Not only because you still don't see the issue, but also because you went non-sequitur most times. Either through selective reading or major tunnel vision, you only grabbed parts of comments that "helped" you sustain your case of people doing too much of a thing, how you don't need it and they shouldn't either. In this twisted logic of yours, you're supposedly justified to force them to do the same without any repercussion, any sacrifice from your part, and shaming any complaints to the rules you impose.

That's on the same conceptual level as a vegan creating a totalitarian regime with laws to force people renounce meat while you can freely have it, on the premise that "if you can live without meat, so can they". Except that, in this case, alongside somewhat achieving the "issue" of people having meat without the need, you're also denying people from promptly acquiring their food or even do their jobs.

Analogies aside, we can kinda see your point of view: You don't like changes, you have control issues and you cherish your childhood experiences as an immutable fact moulded by your own perceptions. It's also noticeable the entitlement in your behaviour on imposing how the game should be played according to your views and how it's supposedly fine to create and use one-sided cards like that to achieve that goal, sustained solely by your opinion.

Considering how you never play competitively, nobody should force you to play the game in a certain way, aside from the common rules. Similarly, you shouldn't create unbalanced cards that generate situations of extremely disadvantage for your opponent and no loss or effort needed from your part, at all. Otherwise, expect keeping getting complaints from your random opponents.

Debt
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 78

Post #8 by Debt » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:34 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:EXACTLY!!! its to overused and its my way of getting people to stop using the same strategy of these kinds of effects all the time.


It's "overused" because Trigger effects contain an extremely broad range of effects. And even if Trigger effects are overused why does that give you permission to hose them without thought or effort? It's especially egregious since your Traps also skill drains ignition effects and gets to stun normal monsters for no reason. If someone wanted to play a flip summon deck against you, they literally can't because your trap also includes flip summons. And an entire strategy centered around Flip Summoning, not merely flipping or using flip effects, would be a unique one and your trap kills it.

Why do you think removing options is good design? The hallmark of good game design is to increase options, for both players. Design choices that give both players an opportunity to feel clever is ideal; the player for using their tools at the right time, the opponent for using their own tools to play around it. But with you it's never that your opponent gets to play around something, they have to play with shackles on.

CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 14
Mood:

Post #9 by CrystalMusic » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:01 pm

Niwatori: [/quote]That's on the same conceptual level as a vegan creating a totalitarian regime with laws to force people renounce meat while you can freely have it, on the premise that "if you can live without meat, so can they". Except that, in this case, alongside somewhat achieving the "issue" of people having meat without the need, you're also denying people from promptly acquiring their food or even do their jobs.

Analogies aside, we can kinda see your point of view: You don't like changes, you have control issues and you cherish your childhood experiences as an immutable fact moulded by your own perceptions.[/quote]

1st: meat is actually an need in life, its in the food pyramid, its part of a balanced diet. You need meat for protein, which is used to build and repair tissue, make enzymes, and hormones. meat also contains iron. iron is needed to keep you awake, having a deficiency of iron can make one feel tired all the time because the hemoglobin in red blood cells cant be created without hemoglobins the red blood cells cant carry oxygen to the rest of the body without oxygen the body starts shutting down thus making one feel tired all the time, it also contains vitamin b12, and vitamin b12 helps keeps nerves, and blood cells healthy and also help with the production of DNA.

2nd: yugioh isnt a need, you dont need it to survive, unlike food and water.

Conclusion: you cant compare ones prefferences in yugioh to a person who thinks all people shouldnt eat meat. having a prefference in a card game will not cause a catastrophic world wide event, but if the whole world renounced meat, that would cause a world wide epidemic we all would start feeling tired, and our bodies would fall apart. so dont compare those two ever again!

NiwatoriFTW
User avatar
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 1:11 am
Reputation: 22

Post #10 by NiwatoriFTW » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:15 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Niwatori wrote:: That's on the same conceptual level as a vegan creating a totalitarian regime with laws to force people renounce meat while you can freely have it, on the premise that "if you can live without meat, so can they". Except that, in this case, alongside somewhat achieving the "issue" of people having meat without the need, you're also denying people from promptly acquiring their food or even do their jobs.

Analogies aside, we can kinda see your point of view: You don't like changes, you have control issues and you cherish your childhood experiences as an immutable fact moulded by your own perceptions.


1st: meat is actually an need in life, its in the food pyramid, its part of a balanced diet. You need meat for protein, which is used to build and repair tissue, make enzymes, and hormones. meat also contains iron. iron is needed to keep you awake, having a deficiency of iron can make one feel tired all the time because the hemoglobin in red blood cells cant be created without hemoglobins the red blood cells cant carry oxygen to the rest of the body without oxygen the body starts shutting down thus making one feel tired all the time, it also contains vitamin b12, and vitamin b12 helps keeps nerves, and blood cells healthy and also help with the production of DNA.

2nd: yugioh isnt a need, you dont need it to survive, unlike food and water.

Conclusion: you cant compare ones prefferences in yugioh to a person who thinks all people shouldnt eat meat. having a prefference in a card game will not cause a catastrophic world wide event, but if the whole world renounced meat, that would cause a world wide epidemic we all would start feeling tired, and our bodies would fall apart. so dont compare those two ever again!

First, you need to get a hold of analogies, specially those made on a conceptual level, like it was elucidated. The practicalities of a meatless diet are irrelevant in this matter, as the example was made to compare ordeals imposed in both gaming and fictional scenarios.

Second: again, you picked a single part of a comment where the issue is not directly addressed and broke it down to sustain a straw man retort argument. Naturally, it did not help you sustaining your case or justify the creation and usage of such broken card.

Third: I can compare things as I want. It should be noted, though, that the comparison wasn't about a person's preferences but rather their attitude of imposing a one-sided ordeal, depriving other people from much more than the intended "overused" thing. Again, it's not about the practical inference or result, it's the concept.

In conclusion, you basically admitted already that your card is intentionally broken and it should be used because of arbitrary reasons. Any attempt so far to explain how it is broken, how it could be more fair and how your attitude on this whole situation is perceived here have been ignored and the attention shifted to the YGO community or points in replies taken out of context. Direct approaches don't work and illustrative methods like analogies are completely misinterpreted. I fail to see how this topic can go on without continuing being a madness circus.

LightCaster
User avatar
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:28 am
Reputation: 31
Location: Illinois
Mood:

Post #11 by LightCaster » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:15 am

In conjunction to what Niwatori said, your flawed concept of what makes a card good in addendum to your idea to belittle people on the grounds that they are providing legit evidence to counter argue your... albeit odd claims and backwards line of thinking leads a lot of people you interact with to believe you follow a hierarchy based around the ideology perceived through your egotistical mindset that, in colloquial terms, sees you as the god-amongst-men and you feel the need to contradict yourself in such a way where you spin a web of meaningless and otherwise needed lies in order to victimize yourself in a manner that which can be perceived as, depending on the mindset of the beholder, either seen as co medically sad, or a gigantic waste of everyone's time as any discussion involving you is similar to a carousel of headaches, meaning it leads absolutely nowhere with a clear end envisioned for either party.

That being said, it is without stating that in fact, you are wrong. People can be wrong, and that's okay. What is not okay is your reaction to being told you are wrong and this has been demonstrated to you and has been asked by numerous people to stop acting like a child about the entire ordeal. Only for you to continue to retort and insult people. You have been given the evidence on how in a calm manner with some very credible examples, and your reaction to it is objectively considered rude and childish and makes us all continue to wonder how you still remained unbanned from the forums or even the site in general, but I digress. It has been stated an obnoxious amount of times that the cards/archetypes you have created are considered overpowered in more degrees than what can be used to form simple geometry, and no, that's not an overstatement.

If you admit yourself that your cards are broken intentionally for a reason that is considered not good or even, dare I say, bad, then please consider taking a look at some proper examples of what a good card looks like and take notes, rather than belittling people only because they design cards with Problem-Solving Card Text, a concept you have also belittled people for utilizing in their card creation process. Which is hindering your overall ability to create actually good cards for the sake of your superiority complex telling you to make broken cards for the sake of making yourself look good, and I think that it is best that we also need not bringing up your arbitrary ruleset designed only to hinder your opponent, and before you say that you also follow your own rules, there are in-fact, replays demonstrating how you disobey your own ruleset blatantly, and since you find the pathological need to berate people even over their own card designs, calling them broken yourself, you should REALLY take a look at your own cards and think of the situation through the eyes of your opponent. A concept, I imagine for you, is similar to asking you to shoot yourself in the foot.

jwillie4eva
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:00 am
Reputation: 0
Mood:

Post #12 by jwillie4eva » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:34 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:NiwatoriFTW: "Well, let's see if I can explain to you: your card is broken because it restricts only the opponent without any downsides for the user. If it wasn't a continuous trap card and only applied for a turn, it would probably be fine. If it had a hefty cost, like Tyrant's Tantrum, there's the chance of being balanced."

And THIS is the problem with the yugioh community! you people are so used to EVERYTHING having a cost these days!!! Back in my day only counter traps and a select few spells, like tribute to the doomed, had costs. This is why the only cards i add activation costs to are my counter traps, with a few select spells and monsters here and there!


And just when did you start playing YuGiOh? Because cards since the beginning have always had balance to them. I've been playing since 2003/04, and can't remember a time when competitive play let broken cards with not a single draw back run around. Even Cyber-Stein had a draw back, but was still broken for its time.
Proud creator of the Rabid Archetype. If you want to play them, they're available in the Custom Cards database. Have fun.

Current Deck IRL: Rokkets Budget Build

Current Deck DB: Some kind of Cyberse Deck that doesn't involve Salad

CrawTheShrimp
User avatar
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:54 pm
Reputation: 5

Post #13 by CrawTheShrimp » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:31 am

Again, a card with this effect really need to be nerf. Like banishing 10 cards from your GY since this effects can change the tide of a Duel, also CrystalMusic, stop being a 9 years old.
Venoms need support. Snakes Rain was a lame excuse for Konami not to make supports for it. #ReptileSupportsIn2020

AABattery1
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:33 pm
Reputation: 0

Post #14 by AABattery1 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:20 pm

Please for the love of God, stop being the biggest fucking lolcow on this site and just think for 2 seconds about the cards you make

CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 14
Mood:

Post #15 by CrystalMusic » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:28 am

CrawTheShrimp wrote:Again, a card with this effect really need to be nerf. Like banishing 10 cards from your GY since this effects can change the tide of a Duel, also CrystalMusic, stop being a 9 years old.


and this is the issue with the current generation, you people seem to think EVERYTHING needs a cost. I started out in LOB back in 2002. back then very few cards had costs.

CrawTheShrimp
User avatar
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:54 pm
Reputation: 5

Post #16 by CrawTheShrimp » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:44 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
CrawTheShrimp wrote:Again, a card with this effect really need to be nerf. Like banishing 10 cards from your GY since this effects can change the tide of a Duel, also CrystalMusic, stop being a 9 years old.


and this is the issue with the current generation, you people seem to think EVERYTHING needs a cost. I started out in LOB back in 2002. back then very few cards had costs.

Stop acting like you know everything, back in the day, everything was simple. Maybe back then, the effects arent that good and doesnt even need cost (expect Pot Of Greed and Charity but you get my point). Nowaday, people pay cost to justify if the effects are good or not. Since why arent you paying anything when you played a card this broken ?
Venoms need support. Snakes Rain was a lame excuse for Konami not to make supports for it. #ReptileSupportsIn2020

Debt
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 78

Post #17 by Debt » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:48 am

CrystalMusic wrote:and this is the issue with the current generation, you people seem to think EVERYTHING needs a cost. I started out in LOB back in 2002. back then very few cards had costs.

So by this logic Raigeki is perfectly fine in your eyes right?

CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 14
Mood:

Post #18 by CrystalMusic » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:55 pm

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:and this is the issue with the current generation, you people seem to think EVERYTHING needs a cost. I started out in LOB back in 2002. back then very few cards had costs.

So by this logic Raigeki is perfectly fine in your eyes right?


No. That card needs to be rebanned. It was banned all those years for a reason. it needs to be rebanned for that reason. Its broken. Free board wipe!

CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 14
Mood:

Post #19 by CrystalMusic » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:59 pm

CrawTheShrimp wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
CrawTheShrimp wrote:Again, a card with this effect really need to be nerf. Like banishing 10 cards from your GY since this effects can change the tide of a Duel, also CrystalMusic, stop being a 9 years old.


and this is the issue with the current generation, you people seem to think EVERYTHING needs a cost. I started out in LOB back in 2002. back then very few cards had costs.

Stop acting like you know everything, back in the day, everything was simple. Maybe back then, the effects arent that good and doesnt even need cost (expect Pot Of Greed and Charity but you get my point). Nowaday, people pay cost to justify if the effects are good or not. Since why arent you paying anything when you played a card this broken ?


How is a card that prevents SS upon NS effects broken? I made this trap to stop spam summon cas that all u ppl run today. if you ppl would just summon ONCE a turn i wouldnt need this trap.
CrawTheShrimp: "Nowadays ppl pay costs"

THAT is the issue, you ppl are so used to ur current generation of BS that everything needs a cost!!! The only cards i ever add costs to are my counter traps, just like how konami has costs for the following counter traps: 7 tools of the bandit, magic jammer, cursed seal of the forbidden spell.

NiwatoriFTW
User avatar
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 1:11 am
Reputation: 22

Post #20 by NiwatoriFTW » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:06 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:and this is the issue with the current generation, you people seem to think EVERYTHING needs a cost. I started out in LOB back in 2002. back then very few cards had costs.

So by this logic Raigeki is perfectly fine in your eyes right?


No. That card needs to be rebanned. It was banned all those years for a reason. it needs to be rebanned for that reason. Its broken. Free board wipe!

The reason was that the card was too powerful by itself, even for one per deck. That reason no longer applies nowadays by general contrast, as most, if not every deck these days has the potential to do that anyway, as well as make a one-card comeback. Dark Hole became Limited for that reason and, considering how people stopped using it, it eventually became Unlimited. The list is basically molded by how harmful a card is for the game, sometimes for how splashable it is, sometimes for how much it conditions a victory for the player.

Following the initial premise, free board and game control against nearly every deck is perfectly fine in your eyes, right?


Return to “Custom Cards”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests