Post #1 by NeoOreos » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:13 am

Batteryman Super Charger
Link 2, LIGHT Thunder-type
Arrows: Bottom Left, Bottom Right
ATK 1800
Effect:
2 Thunder monsters
This card's (2) effect can only be activated once per turn
(1) Gains 500 ATK for every other Thunder monster you control.
(2) Once per turn, you can send 1 "Battery" card from your hand or field to the GY and, if you do, double the ATK of all Thunder monsters you currently control until the End Phase (even if this card leaves the field).

This card is a retrain of Batteryman Charger, if you didn't catch on. I don't know why I did that but I just did. Anyways, onto the important stuff.

The first effect reinforces the retrain thing by having it having a similar effect to its original. The two differences are that the ATK boost is 500, not 300, and it doesn't count itself for its boost (mostly because boosting itself to 2300 ATK immediately is pretty high for a Link 2).

The second effect is what Batterymen need. As of right now, the ATK levels that Batterymen can reach are surprisingly low for an OTK deck (just look at Deskbots). This card potentially brings these monsters up to pretty massive ATK values, which will allow them to beat over more things without having to rely so much on alternative removal.

I also thought of making this a Link 1, but I guess it'd be a bit too OP for a Link 1. What do you guys think? What do you think its effects should be? Do you think Batterymen NEED a Link monster?

Jessica Angel

Post #2 by Jessica Angel » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:36 am

I think Batterymen don't need a Link monster cos they don't have any extra deck monsters anyway, but it can be a Link monster for Thunder types so that's ok. And I think the ATK boost for both effects are a bit high. I think the 1st effect should be back to 300 each and the 2nd effect should have a negative effect like Limiter Removal destroying all your other Thunder monsters in the end phase.

Abc Yugo

Post #3 by Abc Yugo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:21 am

I actually really like this! It's very efficient and just what monsters such as the Batterymen and even the Hunder family need.

I actually had the same idea with this once, but instead of a Batteryman Link, it'd be a Hunder link. I believe I called it "Great Grandhunder" or something like that. Either way, great work!

Return to “Custom Cards”