Crypto Archetype idea.

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Tempest_Fennac

Crypto Archetype idea.

Post #1 by Tempest_Fennac » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:20 pm

I mainly decided to make these due to my interest in anything paranormal or unexplained. I ended up going with a remove-from-play theme for them because I feel as though it fits with the idea of them being out of sight most of the time (I also made them before realising the Danger! archetype is a thing). I've got no experience with the game outside of Duel Links so I'd appreciate feedback regarding how balanced they are please.

Monsters:

Crypto Crying Boy Portrait (Fire Level 4 Fiend/Effect, 0 ATK, 800 DEF). When Crying Boy Portrait is flipped due to being attacked by a Monster your opponent controls, destroy the attacking Monster. When this card's effect resolves successfully, remove it from play.

Crypto Foo Fighter (Light Level 4 Thunder/Effect, 1600 ATK, 1400 DEF). When a Monster your opponent controls is destroyed, you may Special summon Foo Fighter from your hand to the field in ATK Mode.

Crypto Witchfinder (Light Level 4 Spellcaster/Effect, 1800 ATK, 1500 DEF). Whenever Crypto Witchfinder damages your opponent's Life Points, you may remove one Spell Card which that opponent controls from play.

Crypto Cydonian Face (Earth Level 4 Rock/Effect, 1800/1500). Opponents cannot gain control of Crypto Cydonian Face. Crypto Cydonian Face cannot be Tributed due to effects which opponents control.

Crypto Beast of Bodmin Moor (Level 4 Earth Beast/Effect, 1600/1200). When this card enters the field, remove one Trap card on your opponant's side of the field from play.

Crypto Polybius (Dark Level 4 Machine/Effect, 1700/800). When Crypto Polibius enters play, you may remove 1 Crypto Monster
in your hand from play. If you do, put 2 0/0 Glitch tokens into play under your opponent's control in Defence Mode. They lack
an Element and Monster type and can't be tributed.

Crypto Chubacabra (Dark Level 4 Beast/Effect, 1800/1000). When Chubacabra damages an opponent's Life Points, you gain Life Points equal to the damage inflicted.

Crypto Black Shuck (Dark Level 4 Beast/Effect, 1500/1200). Any Monster attacking this card will lose 500 Attack Points until the end of the current turn.

Crypto Crisis Apparition (Dark Level 4 Zombie/Effect, 1000/2000). Whenever another Crypto Monster you control is destroyed by an attacking Monster, you may remove it from play instead of sending it to the graveyard. If you do, you may Special Summon this Monster face-up in Defence Mode.

Crypto Fresco Nightcrawler (Earth Level 4 Beast/Effect, 1500/1500). You may remove Crypto Fresco Nightcrawler from
play while it's face-up on the field to reduce the DEF of one Monster your opponent controls to 0 until the end of the
current turn. Activate this ability only at the start of your turn.

Crypto MIB Agent (Dark Level 4 Warrior/Effect, 1500/1000). When this Monster is destroyed, you may remove it from
play instead of sending it to the graveyard. If you do, search your deck for a Crypto Monster with 1500 or less ATK
Points and put it into play in face-up Attack or face-up Defence position.

Crypto Ghost Rocket (Dark Level 4 Machine/Effect, 2000/500). When Crypto Ghost Rocket destroys a Monster, remove that Monster
from play. If Crypto Ghost Rocket is still in play at the end of the turn it was summoned on, remove it from play.

Crypto Hound of Mons (Dark Level 4 Beast/Effect, 2100/2000). Piercing. This Monster cannot be special summoned or set. To Normal
Summon it, remove 2 Monster cards in your graveyard from play.

Crypto Lost Cosmonaut (Dark Level 4 Warrior/Effect, 1900/0). If Crypto Lost Cosmonaut would be put into your graveyard for any
reason, remove it from play instead.

Crypto Flatwood Fiend: (Dark Level 6 Spellcaster/Effect, 2200/2400). Remove 2 Crypto Monsters from your graveyard from play:
target opponent discards 1 card at random. This ability can only be activated once per turn.

Crypto Loch Ness Monster (Water Level 6 Sea Serpent/Effect, 2300/2200). When a Spell or Trap card is activated, you may
remove a card in your hand from play: if you do, Crypto Loch Ness Monster leaves play until the Spell or Trap's effect has resolved.

Crypto Mongolian Death Worm (Dark Level 6 Insect/Effect, 2400 ATK, 2000 DEF). If Crypto Mongolian Death Worm
is in play at the start of your standby phase, your opponent loses 500 LPs.

Crypto Ninki Nanka (Dark Level 8 Dragon/Effect, 3000 ATK, 2500 DEF). You may Normal Summon this Monster by putting 5 Crypto Monsters
you've removed from play into your graveyard. If Ninki Nanka destroys a Monster, remove that Monster from play.

Spells:

Saint Martin's Land Gateway: Spell. Remove 2 Crypto Monster cards in your graveyard from play, then search your deck for 1 Crypto
Monster, reveal it and put it into your hand.

Hy-Brasil. Field Spell. All Crypto Monsters in play gain 300 ATK and DEF Points. If you have removed 4 or more Crypto Monsters from play, you may pay 500 Life Points to return one of the removed Monsters to your hand.

Traps:

Hexham Heads. Trap. This card can only be activated when it is destroyed or when one of your opponant's Trap cards are activated or destroyed. When this card is activated, Special Summon one Level 4 Dark Beast Warrior token with
1600 ATK/1000 DEF to your side of the field.

Max Headroom Incident. Trap. Activate this card only during an opponent's Draw Step. That opponent doesn't draw a card during their draw step and you draw 1 card.

Lincolnshire Poacher. Trap. Activate this card only during your Draw Step. Draw an extra card, then remove any card
in your hand from play.

Stuxnet. Trap. When you activate this card, remove one card in your hand from play. Negate a Spell, Trap or Effect which targets a Crypto Monster you control.

I made the earliest version of the archetype before XYZ cards were invented so when I first read about them I decided to convert the Monsters which are higher than level 4 to make use of that mechanic:

XYZ Monsters:

Crypto Flatwood Fiend: (Dark Rank 4 XYZ Spellcaster/Effect, 2200/2400). 2 Level 4 monsters. Detach 1 XYZ Material:
target opponent discards 1 card at random. This ability can only be activated once per turn.

Crypto Loch Ness Monster (Water Rank 4 XYZ Sea Serpent/Effect, 2300/2200). 2 Level 4 monsters.
When a Spell or Trap card is activated, you may detach one XYZ material from this Monster:
if you do, Crypto Loch Ness Monster leaves play until the Spell or Trap's effect has resolved.

Crypto Mongolian Death Worm (Dark Rank 4 XYZ Insect/Effect, 2400 ATK, 2000 DEF). 2 Level 4 monsters. Detach 1 XYZ
Material: target Monster loses 500 ATK and DEF until the end of the current turn. Use this effect no more than
once per turn.

Crypto Ninki Nanka (Dark Rank 4 XYZ Dragon/Effect, 3000 ATK, 2500 DEF). 4 Level 4 monsters. XYZ materials used to
summon this Monster must have been removed from play. Detach 1 XYZ material from Crypto Ninki Nanka: remove 1 Monster
from play until the end of the current turn. Crypto Ninki Nanka can't attack on turns when this ability is used.

Return to “Custom Cards”