"Tales of" Series-based CaC

Post your custom made cards in this forum
KaitoPrower

"Tales of" Series-based CaC

Post #1 by KaitoPrower » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:50 am

Is there anyone here that would be interested in seeing a full archetype that I had created prior to the inclusion of the new Link mechanic, but I'm looking into updating it to be adaptable with it (since I was looking for a way to use the Extra Deck more accurately anyway).

If there is any interest, I would be more than willing to post my full card set list here!

(For those looking for the card list, they are included in post #6 below!)
Last edited by KaitoPrower on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
SACRIFICE
What if all the plans you made
Were not worth the price they paid?
Even with the lives you stole
Still no closer to your goal...

Autonomous
Mood:

Post #2 by Autonomous » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:04 am

Go for it, Id like to see it.

Kiyousa Fujin

Post #3 by Kiyousa Fujin » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:25 pm

Is it gonna be the "Tales of" series as a whole? Or a certain game? I would love to see Brave Vesperia be an archetype.

Auke1993
Mood:

Post #4 by Auke1993 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:32 pm

I really like the series, so I'd be interested in seeing the archetype.

KaitoPrower

Post #5 by KaitoPrower » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Awesome! I'll post everything I currently have tonight when I get home from work, but to answer your question, Kiyousa, it is an overarching set that includes characters, themes, and mechanics from the series as a whole!

Until then, I can tell you that the primary mechanic is the monster's ability to move positions on the field or exchange spots with each other, and the field makes combat only possible with monsters in the same column to simulate the LMBS system!
SACRIFICE

KaitoPrower

Post #6 by KaitoPrower » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:38 am

So, the whole idea was to simulate many of the characters and general themes/innovations of the series, primarily in the battle mechanics. The biggest card here is the Field, which is meant to replicate the LMBS (Linear Motion Battle System) that the game is renowned for.

For those unfamiliar, the LMBS has battles take place in an isolated space, much like a fighting game, where the area is 3D, but you and your targeted enemy fight on a 2D plane. Left/right is toward/away, up/down is jump/crouch. Originally, the only way to move "around" the enemy is to jump over them, but that was changed in later games with the Free-Run system, which allowed you 3D movement while holding a button. This system eventually upgraded to the current style where this has been reversed; free-range motion around the enemy is the default and certain situations and moves can lock you onto a 2D plane, but you are only able to target a single enemy at a time, even if other monsters may be within the area of your attacks.

In YuGiOh, the best way I could represent this was to use a mechanic only originally used by 4 cards, but recently revived in several new archetypes: columns, implemented through the Field Spell. An interesting mechanic I'm glad is seeing more play, but I think a deck like this could make very good use of a rather subversive strategy, especially with how Links force the game to work now. The idea is simple: Allegoria monsters can swap monster zones instead of changing battle positions and the Field enforces standard battle rules while still allowing the player limited protection. As long as a player controls a monster, you can't attack directly (unless another effect allows it), but monsters can only fight monsters they are directly in front of.

Alright! Without further ado, here are the (current) cards!

Swordsman of Allegoria (Lloyd - Symphonia)
(Lv. 4/LIGHT/Warrior)
ATK 1800/DEF 1000

Once per turn: You can exchange the Main Monster Zone this card is in with another "Allegoria" monster you control or move this card to any unoccupied Main Monster Zone on your side of the field, but it cannot change it's battle position this turn. If this monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle this turn, it can make a second attack on a monster adjacent (horizontal) to the destroyed monster.

Warlock of Allegoria (Genis - Symphonia)
(Lv. 2/LIGHT/Spellcaster)
ATK 1200/DEF 300

Once per turn: You can exchange the Main Monster Zone this card is in with another "Allegoria" monster you control or move this card to any unoccupied Main Monster Zone on your side of the field, but it cannot change it's battle position this turn. Once per turn, if an "Allegoria" monster you control destroyes an opponent's monster by battle: you can target a Spell/Trap Card in the same column as that monster; destroy it.

Mercenary of Allegoria (Alvin - Xillia)
(Lv. 6/DARK/Warrior)
ATK 2400/DEF 1300

Once per turn: You can exchange the Main Monster Zone this card is in with another "Allegoria" monster you control or move this card to any unoccupied Main Monster Zone on your side of the field, but it cannot change it's battle position this turn. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

Channeler of Allegoria (Elize - Xillia)
(Lv. 3/DARK/Spellcaster)
ATK 600/DEF 2000

Once per turn: You can exchange the Main Monster Zone this card is in with another "Allegoria" monster you control or move this card to any unoccupied Main Monster Zone on your side of the field, but it cannot change it's battle position this turn. During either player's turn: you can target 1 "Allegoria" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, and if you do, halve it's ATK. You can only use this effect of "Channeler of Allegoria" once per turn.

Princess of Allegoria (Natalia - Abyss)
(Lv. 4/LIGHT/Spellcaster)
ATK 1500/DEF 1700

Once per turn: You can exchange the Main Monster Zone this card is in with another "Allegoria" monster you control or move this card to any unoccupied Main Monster Zone on your side of the field, but it cannot change it's battle position this turn. While you control another face-up "Allegoria" monster, face-up monsters your opponent controls lose 300 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, during either player's turn: you can target 1 "Allegoria" monster you control and activate one of these effects;
• That face-up monster is unaffected by your opponent's effects this turn.
• That monster gains 700 ATK and DEF until the end of your opponent's turn.
You cannot activate this effect of "Princess of Allegoria" if it was used the previous turn.

Researcher of Allegoria (Rita - Vesperia)
(Lv. 6/DARK/Spellcaster)
ATK 2200/DEF 1900

Once per turn: You can exchange the Main Monster Zone this card is in with another "Allegoria" monster you control or move this card to any unoccupied Main Monster Zone on your side of the field, but it cannot change it's battle position this turn. If this card is Normal or Special Summoned, you can add 1 "Allegorian" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Researcher of Allegoria" once per turn. While you control only "Allegoria" monsters and this card is the only Spellcaster-Type monster you control, you can activate Trap Card(s) from your hand during your turn and Quick-Play Spell Card(s) from your hand during your opponent's turn.

Traveler of Allegoria (Sophie - Graces)
(Lv. 2/LIGHT/Warrior)
ATK 700/DEF 500

Once per turn: You can exchange the Main Monster Zone this card is in with another "Allegoria" monster you control or move this card to any unoccupied Main Monster Zone on your side of the field, but it cannot change it's battle position this turn. During either players turn: You can discard this card to the Graveyard; the first time each "Allegoria" monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, it is not. If this card is Normal or Special Summoned, you can add 1 "Allegoria" monster from your deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Traveler of Allegoria" once per turn.

Savior of Allegoria (Sorey - Zestiria)
(Lv. 3/LIGHT/Warrior)
ATK 1400/DEF 1400

Once per turn: You can exchange the Main Monster Zone this card is in with another "Allegoria" monster you control or move this card to any unoccupied Main Monster Zone on your side of the field, but it cannot change it's battle position this turn. When this card is Summoned: declare WIND, WATER, FIRE, or EARTH; Special Summon 1 "Spirit Token" (Spellcaster-Type/???/Level 3/ATK 1000/DEF 1000). (When Summoned, its Attribute becomes the declared Attribute.) Once per turn: You can target 1 Spirit Token you control; it is treated as a Tuner monster while it is face-up on the field.

Huntress of Allegoria (Velvet - Berseria)
(Lv. 4/DARK/Warrior)
ATK 1700/DEF 1200

Once per turn: You can exchange the Main Monster Zone this card is in with another "Allegoria" monster you control or move this card to any unoccupied Main Monster Zone on your side of the field, but it cannot change it's battle position this turn. An "Allegoria" Link Monster that was Summoned using this card on the field as Link Material gains this effect.
• When this card is Link Summoned; Declare 1 monster type: while this card battles a monster with the declared type, double it's ATK.

Calamity Dæmon of Allegoria (Velvet's Break Soul - Berseria)
(Lv. NA/Link/DARK/Beast-Warrior)
ATK 1900/Link-2 [BL+BR]

2 DARK "Allegoria" Monsters with different names
Once per turn, while this card is in a Main Monster Zone: You can exchange the Main Monster Zone this card is in with another "Allegoria" monster you control or move this card to any unoccupied Main Monster Zone on your side of the field. While this card is in the Extra Monster Zone, it is unaffected by the effects of your Field Spell Cards. Monsters this card points to cannot be destroyed by battle.

Limited Monster Brawling Strategy (LMBS - All Games)
Field Spell Card
Monsters can only target another monster in the same column for an attack. While an "Allegoria" monster is on the field, this card cannot be targeted or destroyed.

Allegorian Spirit Channeling (Summon Spirits/Artes - Various Games)
Continuous Spell Card
Once per turn, during your Main Phase: declare 1 Attribute (except DIVINE); You can Special Summon 1 "Spirit Token" (Spellcaster-Type/???/Level 3/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) to your side of the field in Defense Position. (When Summoned, its Attribute becomes the declared Attribute.) Tokens summoned by "Allegorian Spirit Channeling" cannot be tributed or used as Fusion, Synchro, or Link Materials, except for the Summon of an "Allegoria" monster. You can only control 1 "Allegorian Spirit Channeling".

Allegorian Twin Tactics (Link Mode - Xillia)
Equip Spell Card
Equip only to an "Allegoria" monster you control in a Main Monster Zones. When this card is activated: target 1 "Allegoria" monster adjacent (horizontal) to the equipped monster that isn't already targeted by "Allegorian Twin Tactics"; it is also treated as being equipped with this card. As long as both monsters are adjacent (horizontal), increase the ATK of both monsters by their combined Level x 100. If those 2 monsters are no longer adjacent, destroy this card.

Allegorian Miracle Gummy (Curative Items - All Games)
Quick-Play Spell Card
Target 1 "Allegoria" monster you control whose ATK or Level is lower than it's original; its ATK and Level become its original ATK and Level. You can only activate 1 "Allegorian Miracle Gummy" per turn.

Allegorian Final Strike (Mystic Artes - All Games)
Quick-Play Spell Card
Send 1 "Allegorian Tension Release!" you control to the Graveyard and target the "Allegoria" monster that it was equipped to; activate one of these effects, depending on the Type of the targeted monster:
• Warrior: destroy 1 monster your opponent controls, then destroy any monsters adjacent to the destroyed monster.
• Spellcaster: Destroy all Spell and Trap cards your opponent controls.
The monster targeted by this card cannot declare an attack this turn. You can only activate 1 "Allegorian Final Strike" per turn, and only twice per Duel.

Allegorian Unity Burst (Unison Attack - Symphonia)
Quick-Play Spell Card
During either player's Damage Step, when an "Allegoria" monster you control battles: You can send 1 "Allegoria" card from your hand to the Graveyard; change all monsters you control to Attack Position, also the attacking monster gains 500 ATK for each other Attack Position "Allegoria" monster you control until the end of the Battle Phase. Other monsters you control cannot declare attacks this turn or change battle positions. You can only activate 1 "Allegorian Unity Burst" per turn.

Allegorian Combo Chain (Arte Chains - Destiny onward)
Normal Trap Card
During your Battle Phase: Target 1 "Allegoria" monster with a level that you control that already declared an attack; decrease its ATK by its Level x 100, then it can make a second attack during this Battle Phase.

Allegorian Tension Release! (Overlimit - All Games)
Normal Trap Card
Target 1 Warrior- or Spellcaster-Type "Allegoria" monster you control; equip this card to that target. That target's original ATK and DEF are doubled and it is unaffected by your opponent's effects. Destroy this card during your 2nd Standby Phase after it was activated. You can only control 1 "Allegorian Tension Release!".

Allegorian Movement (Free Run - Abyss onward)
Continuous Trap Card
Once per turn, during either player's turn: Target 1 "Allegoria" monster in one of your Main Monster Zones; you can exchange the Main Monster Zone this card is in with another "Allegoria" monster you control or move this card to any unoccupied Main Monster Zone on your side of the field.

Additional Card Ideas: [Priority Level]
Pendulum Monsters:
• Repede [Low]
• Teepo [Low]
• Tokunaga [Low]
• Quickie [Low]

Extra Deck Monsters:
Armitization - Warrior and Spellcaster; can bring Sorey back but unable to immediately repeat
• Allegorian Oath: Flame Blade [High]
• Allegorian Oath: Aqua Bow [High]
• Allegorian Oath: Gale Dagger [High]
• Allegorian Oath: Quake Gauntlet [High]

There's everything I've actually created so far, but I've been trying to brainstorm some ideas for the Pendulum/Extra Deck monsters... I was originally going to use an original Extra Deck monster mechanic that I had created, but then Links came out, and while still fundamentally different, they were a step towards what I wanted to do with my Extra Deck monsters...

Any thoughts, suggestions, comments, and critiques are definitely welcome! Thanks guys!
Last edited by KaitoPrower on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
SACRIFICE

Autonomous
Mood:

Post #7 by Autonomous » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:54 am

This is a cool archetype, granted I do not know what exactly it is based off of, the mechanics for how it plays makes it sound like a fun deck. I appreciate you sharing it with us man.

Autonomous
Mood:

Post #8 by Autonomous » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:55 am

This is a cool archetype, granted I do not know what exactly it is based off of, the mechanics for how it plays makes it sound like a fun deck. I appreciate you sharing it with us man.

Kiyousa Fujin

Post #9 by Kiyousa Fujin » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:02 pm

How about making cards based on the Devil Arms?

KaitoPrower

Post #10 by KaitoPrower » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:47 pm

Thanks, Autonomous! It's all based on one of the largest RPG series from Japan made by Namco-Bandai; it's basically the third pillar of the RPG realm next to Final Fantasy and Zelda. It's primarily known for it's battle system, since most other RPGs used turn-based random battles or real-time battling, the Tales of series used a mixture of both, in which you have the random encounter, but it's fought in real time like a 2D fighter game!

Kiyousa, that's an interesting idea... I had not thought of using the Devil's Arms as a thing, but I could... What would you think of them as? Maybe Equip spells kinda akin to the Noble Arms, where they keep coming back if they aren't disposed of properly?
SACRIFICE

KaitoPrower

Post #11 by KaitoPrower » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:14 am

So, since this is something that has been at the top of my mind lately, I actually created 2 new cards for this archetype for a character from the new game, Berseria! If you have a chance to check it out, there is a new Effect and Link monster for Velvet and her two forms, which is what cemented my decision to keep and develop my own Extra Deck monster mechanic in this deck with Sorey's forms from Zestiria, using Velvet's Link form as the door-opener!

Keep posted as I work out the kinks on the Armitization forms for Sorey in this deck!
SACRIFICE

KaitoPrower

Post #12 by KaitoPrower » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:25 pm

So random update! With the new Custom Cards feature added to Duelingbook, I've uploaded all of these cards to the the custom card list and made them available publicly for people to use and try out! Enjoy!
SACRIFICE

Return to “Custom Cards”