Enraged Greatbird

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Zaziuma

Enraged Greatbird

Post #1 by Zaziuma » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:42 pm

I thought it would be kind of fun to make a Link Spirit monster, so here it is! So, it's generic as hell to Summon, which is to make it easier for Spirit Decks to use Tokens and what not. For its effects, as long as it points to a Spirit monster, all monsters you control cannot be returned to the hand or Extra Deck by effects, so still costs if that's something you're interested in, but will protect your monsters, including itself. Next, as a Quick Effect, you can send a Spirit from your hand to the GY to destroy a card on the field, and you can use this as often as you have Spirit monsters in your hand. Lastly, it of course will return to the Extra Deck, but like Shinobird Rituals, you also get another bonus for doing so, bringing up to 2 Spirit monsters in your GY to your hand.

2+ monsters
While this card points to a Spirit monster, monsters you control cannot be returned to the hand or Extra Deck by card effects. (Quick Effect): You can send 1 Spirit monster from your hand to the GY; destroy 1 card on the field. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Link Summoned this turn: Return this card to the Extra Deck, then you can return up to 2 Spirit monsters from your GY to your hand.
All my custom cards are available on Duel Portal. It's like Dueling Book, but for custom cards! Check it out: https://duel-portal.com/

Betshet

Post #2 by Betshet » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:52 pm

It looks great on paper, but I'm sceptical about whether or not it would be actually useful in a duel. The Shinobird deck relies a lot on the Impcantations, which lock you out of the ED while they're on the field. It's great that it grounds your spirits to the field, especially if you have Amano-Iwato, but it's still a heavy cost for a deck that doesn't summon a lot, or uses the summons as Ritual material. So it looks good, but I'm not sure I would ever use it in a real duel.
I feel like to be useful to the deck, a Spirit Link monster would have to be a Link-1. Anything other than that would slow the deck down too much to be useful.

Return to “Custom Cards”