Custom Toon Cards (+1 Non-toon card)

Post #1 by TheMasterSwordMaster » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:45 pm

Just wanted some feedback on these cards ive made
Toon Mouse: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=4404147
Toon Mouseketeer: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=4404211
Toon Anatomy Lesson: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=4404240
Dragon of Torn Pages: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=4404623
Dragon of Toon Pages: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=4404550
Did I make the Dragon of Torn pages just so i could make a pun with "Toon Pages"? Yes i did.
Anyway, do any of these cards seem too OP or anything? Any ideas for new toon cards?
I dont play competitive and probably never will. I just like messin around with fun cards n decks!
:lol:

TheMasterSwordMaster
Mood:

Post #2 by TheMasterSwordMaster » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:30 am

New card, Toon Mouse Magician: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=4406229
I dont play competitive and probably never will. I just like messin around with fun cards n decks!

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:04 pm

They're rather weak and could use buffs.

Toon Mouse should probably be buffed from:
Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Toon" card, then activate 1 of these effects;
●This card cannot be destroyed by battle this turn.
●This card cannot be destroyed by effects this turn.

to:
Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack directly. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 "Toon" card; this turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or effects.

Also, when giving a monster an effect that lets it attack directly, you don't need to say "can attack your opponent directly". You can say "can attack directly" which is shorter and means the same thing.

Toon Mouseketeer should probably be buffed from:
Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. This card can only be summoned by banishing "Toon Mouse" from your field or graveyard. Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects. On your opponent's turn, this card gains 400 ATK and DEF. On your turn, this card loses 400 ATK and DEF. When this card is destroyed, you can set one level 4 or lower Toon monster from your hand to the field.
to:
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or GY) by banishing "Toon Mouse" from your hand, field, or GY. Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack directly. Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by effects. Gains 1000 ATK/DEF during your opponent's turn. When this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand in Attack Position or face-down Defense Position.

• You need to specify where the monster's effect / condition can summon it from
  • Graveyard is now shortened to GY
  • "destroyed by card effects" can be shortened to "destroyed by effects" without including "card"
  • There's no need to include "to the field" when making an effect summon or set a card from the hand
  • You include a colon for that last effect to indicate its activation requirement

Toon Anatomy Lesson can be buffed from:
If a "Toon" Monster you control is destroyed by battle, you can Special Summon it from the graveyard on your next turn. Cards that are Special Summoned this way from the Graveyard ignore any restrictions on being able to attack on the turn they are summoned.
to:
During the next Standby Phase of the turn this card was activated, you can Special Summon 1 monster from either GY if a Toon monster is on your field or GY. That Special Summoned monster's effects (if any) are negated that turn.

Also, you don't capitalize "monster" when using it right after a name or archetype.

I think Dragon of Torn Pages was also meant to be a Toon monster, even though it currently lacks the Toon subtype, so it should be given that subtype and its text should be changed from:
Once per turn, you can discard one Spell or Trap card from your hand, then target one Spell or Trap card your opponent controls, destroy that target, then you can set one Spell or Trap card from your hand.
to:
Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack directly. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 Spell/Trap, then target 1 opponent's Spell/Trap; destroy it, then you can Set 1 Spell/Trap from your hand.

You no longer need to include the "or" in "spell or trap card".

Dragon of Toon Pages can be shortened from:
Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Toon" card, then target one Spell or Trap card your opponent controls, destroy that target, then you can set one Spell or Trap card from your hand. If one or more "Dragon of Toon Pages" is in your Graveyard, you can banish all cards in your Deck, Hand, Field, or Graveyard named "Dragon of Toon Pages" face down, then add 1 Spell card from your deck to your hand for each "Dragon of Toon Pages" that was in your Graveyard at the start of this effect.
to:
Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack directly. Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Toon" card, then target 1 Spell/Trap; destroy it, then you can Set 1 Spell/Trap from your hand. If a copy of this card is in your GY: You can banish all copies of it from your hand, Deck, field, and GY, then you can add Spells/Traps from your Deck and/or GY to your hand equal to the number of cards banished from the GY this way.

Toon Mouse Magician should probably be buffed from:
Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. This card can only be summoned by banishing "Toon Mouse" from your field or graveyard. Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, if you control "Toon World": You can add one "Toon" spell card from your deck to your hand. This card cannot attack the turn this effect is activated.
to:
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or GY) by banishing "Toon Mouse" from your hand, field, or GY. Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack directly. Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by effects. Once per turn, if you control "Toon World": You can add 1 "Toon" card from your Deck to your hand.

TheMasterSwordMaster
Mood:

Post #4 by TheMasterSwordMaster » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:12 pm

Christen57 wrote:They're rather weak and could use buffs.

Thanks for replying! I appreciate the verbiage / syntax corrections, i like having them be as accurate and concise as possible! :D

I'll take your suggestions for Toon Mouse.

For mouseketeer I feel good about most of your suggestion, but i feel like mouseketeer shouldnt be quite that strong on opponents turns, I'm going with 500 extra ATK/DEF on opponents turns.

I feel your changes for Anatomy Lesson change the effect too much, its meant to be a play on toons being able to return from stuff like anvils smashing them, so summoning from the opponent's graveyard doesnt fit really. And your change of "That Special Summoned monster's effects (if any) are negated that turn." would also negate their ability to attack directly, which is a bit of a tradeoff and less of a buff.

Dragon of torn pages was in fact NOT supposed to be a toon monster, Dragon of Toon Pages is supposed to be the Toon version of Torn pages, with Torn Pages just being a 2000ATK monster with slightly modified dust tornado effect.

Again, thanks for the tips on shortening text with Toon Pages. I've taken your modified effect but changed it so you can get spells/traps for all the cards banished, not just from the GY

Mouse magician i like most of your change, but I'm stepping back the end to be just Toon Spell/Traps, since its a spellcaster after all.

I've updated all those cards, so feel free to check the links again

TheMasterSwordMaster
Mood:

Post #5 by TheMasterSwordMaster » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:41 pm

New cards have been made!

Toon Martian: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=4406398
Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack directly. If this card is used to summon from the Extra Deck, these effects activate, depending on which type was summoned:
● Fusion: Draw 1 card.
● XYZ: Target 1 "Toon" monster in your GY; add that target to your hand.
● Synchro: Target 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field, flip it face down.
● Link: Target 1 "Toon" Spell/Trap in your GY; add that target to your hand.

Toon Crossover: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=4406495
2 "Toon" Monsters with different names
Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack directly. This card can attack twice during the same Battle Phase. If both of the 2 cards used to summon this card were Level 4 or lower, this card's ATK is halved on its second attack. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 "Toon" monster from your deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions, paying the Level of the monster x 100 LP if you do.

Toon U.F.O. : https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=4406455
3 Level 4 "Toon" monsters
Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack directly. Once per turn, if you control "Toon World": You can detach two materials from this card, then target one monster on your opponent's side of the field, with a level lower than or equal to the highest level or rank monster you control, take control of it.
If a "Toon World(s)" you control would be destroyed by card effect, you can tribute this card instead, then Special Summon one monster from your GY that was used as an XYZ material in face up Defense Position.

Grand Demon SaToon: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=4406487
1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner "Toon" monsters
Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack directly. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 "Toon" monster from your GY: Its effects are negated, it cannot attack, and it is banished when it leaves the field. For each monster summoned this way, place 1 "Final Page" counter on this card. When this card has 3 "Final Page" counters on it, remove them, and destroy all cards on your opponent's side of the field.

Toon Noir Cyborg: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=4407323
Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack directly. As long as you control "Toon World", cards this card points to cannot be destroyed by effects (including Spells/Traps, but excluding "Toon World"). Once per turn, you can send banish one card this card points to: target one card on your opponent's side of the field, banish it face down.

I realized that the effect of Toon Kingdom makes "cannot be destroyed by battle or effect" effects less special, but whatev. Any further tips on syntyax / phrasing would be appreciated!

Return to “Custom Cards”