GX Archetype: Bubble Magic

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Skyonator

GX Archetype: Bubble Magic

Post #1 by Skyonator » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:02 pm

Hey :)
I made a new GX archetype. Im beeing honest i tinkered with it for quite a while but cant really get myself to seeing it as "finished". Im curious about the feedback. Pls try to honor the main thing of the deck which is working with the "Bubble" counters to mess with the opponent.

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=13844111

Dont be too harsh^^ its not my best work but i liked the theme so much that i wanted to post it anyways^^
Also if you got ideas for cards that would fit well in a deck with these or maybe new cards fell free to either create and post them here or tell me which card you have in mind :)
Im a german custom cards creator.
I mostly create "oldschool" Decks settled in either the DM, GX or 5Ds era.

Dont judge me for my bad english :D

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:21 am

Ancient Arena of Bubble Magic should be shortened from:
Each time a "Bubble" counter is placed on a card, place another "Bubble" counter on that card. All monsters on your opponents side of the field loose 300 ATK and DEF for every "Bubble" counter on them. All "Bubble Magic" monsters gain 100 ATK and DEF for every "Bubble" counter on the field.
to:
Each time a Bubble Counter is placed on a card(s) except by this effect, place another Bubble Counter on each of them, and if you do, place 1 on this card. Monsters except "Bubble Magic" monsters lose 100 ATK/DEF for each Bubble Counter on the field.

The first effect needs to not trigger off its own effect or else it will create a loop where it infinitely places counters.

You don't need any counter's name in quotation marks.

When referencing named counters, such as Spell Counter, "Counter" is capitalized.

If other monsters in your archetype are going to increase their own stats based on these bubble counters then I see no need for this field spell to have that stat increasing effect as well.

To keep tracking ATK and DEF changes simple, the ATK and DEF decreases should be in multiples of 100 only.

Bubble Magic Bubble Dragon references the name of a card that you seem to have forgotten to include in this decklist of yours. Also, its text should be shortened from:
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Ritual of the Bubble Dragon". When this card is summoned place 1 "Bubble" counter on every card on the field (if a card is face-down flip it face-up but dont activate any effects but it still can be activated and used normally. If the counter is removed flip it face-down again). This card gains 300 ATK for every "Bubble" counter on the field. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. If this card would be destroyed by effect you can remove 1 "Bubble" counter from it instead. This card can hold max. 1 "Bubble" counter.
to:
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Ritual of the Bubble Dragon". When this card is Summoned: Place 1 Bubble Counter on it, and if you do, place 1 on each other card that can have a Bubble Counter. Gains 100 ATK for each Bubble Counter on the field. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. If this card would be destroyed, remove 1 Bubble Counter from it instead.

Summoned, and its other forms like Summoning, are always capitalized. Also you should put a colon after that Summoned, to mark the end of the activation condition.

The entire effect, that flips a card face-up just to stick a bubble counter on it only to flip it back down, is poorly written and should be removed for now.

You no longer need to include "to your opponent" for piercing effects.

I think letting it have more than 1 Bubble Counter is fine for now.

Bubble Magic Dan should be buffed from:
Once per turn, you can activate one of these effects:
● Place up to 2 "Bubble" counters on cards on your opponents side of the field (if a card is face-down flip it face-up but dont activate any effects but it still can be activated and used normaly. If the counter is removed flip it face-down again).
● Target 1 card on the field with a "Bubble" counter on it; banish it but place it back in its original position during your opponents 3rd Standby Phase after this effect resolved.

to:
Gains 100 ATK for each Bubble Counter on the field. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can activate 1 of these effects.
● Distribute 2 Bubble Counters among cards that can have a Bubble Counter, including this card.
● Target 1 monster in the same column as a Bubble Counter; banish it until your next Standby Phase.

In general, archetypes shouldn't place counters on opponents' cards. It's not very good design, since duelingbook only allows up to 1 type of counter on each card and doesn't allow players to put different colored counters on cards. So archetypes should place their own counters on their own cards for now.

Bubble Magic Master Codwell should be buffed from:
If this card attacks a monster that has a "Bubble" counter on it; destroy the monster and inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. When this card destroys a monster by battle or effect, place 1 "Bubble" counter on a card on your opponents side of the field (if a card is face-down flip it face-up but dont activate any effects but it still can be activated and used normaly. If the counter is removed flip it face-down again).
to:
Gains 100 ATK for each Bubble Counter on the field. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a monster and a Bubble Counter is in this card's column or adjacent column: Destroy that monster, also inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. Each time a monster(s) is destroyed, place 1 Bubble Counter on this card.

Recommend these changes to the rest of your archetype's monsters.

Bubble Magic Milo
If you control no cards or a "Bubble Magic" card, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in Attack Position. If this card is Summoned: Distribute 2 Bubble Counters among cards that can have a Bubble Counter, including this card. Gains 100 ATK for each Bubble Counter on the field.

Bubble Magic Mira
Can attack directly. Gains 100 ATK for each Bubble Counter on the field. If your "Bubble Magic" monster declares an attack: Target 1 face-up card; apply this effect based on what that target is.
● A card that can have a Bubble Counter: Place 1 Bubble Counter on that target, and if you do, place another on this card.
● A monster that cannot have a Bubble Counter: Change that target to face-down Defense Position.
● Other: Destroy that target.

Bubble Magic Rex
Gains 100 ATK for each Bubble Counter on the field. Once per turn: You can add up to 1 "Bubble" card each from your Deck and GY to your hand except "Bubble Magic Rex", and if you do, you can shuffle any number of "Bubble" cards from your field and/or GY into the Deck, and if you do that, you can place 1 Bubble Counter on this card. This is a Quick Effect if you control another "Bubble" card.

Bubble Magic Sadia
Gains 100 ATK for each Bubble Counter on the field. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 monster from your hand in Attack Position that can have a Bubble Counter, and if you do, place 1 Bubble Counter each on this card and that monster. Once per turn: You can remove up to 2 Bubble Counters from your field, then target 1 face-up card, and if you removed 2 Bubble Counters this way, your opponent cannot activate anything in response to this effect activation; banish it. If this card with a Bubble Counter leaves the field: Target 1 banished monster; Special Summon it in Attack Position.

Bubble Shield can probably be deleted to make room for better staples and water / spellcaster support cards.

Bubblestorm can be shortened from:
Remove all "Bubble" counters from the field, then destroy cards in the amount of counters you removed with this effect.
to:
Remove all Bubble Counters from your field; destroy all face-up cards your opponent controls.

Cauldron of endless Bubbles should have the E in its name capitalized, and be shortened from:
During your Standby Phase, place 3 "Bubble" counter on up to 3 cards on the field (if a card is face-down flip it face-up but dont activate any effects but it still can be activated and used normaly. If the counter is removed flip it face-down again). For every 2 "Bubble" counters on this card you can place 1 more "Bubble" counter during your Standby Phase.
to:
If this card is activated: You can place 1 Bubble Counter on it, and if you do, add to your hand or activate 1 "Ancient Arena of Bubble Magic" from your Deck or GY. Once per phase: You can remove an even number of Bubble Counters from your field, then target twice as many cards on your field and/or GY; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw 2 cards.

Skyonator

Post #3 by Skyonator » Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:50 pm

Always a pleasure to be reviewed by you Christen57 :)

Altough i agree with most of the changes i will keep holding on on putting counters on opponents cards^^ It was the whole idea of the archetype^^

And yeah i really forgot one card. Here it is: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=4040104

Christen57

Post #4 by Christen57 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:44 pm

Skyonator wrote:Always a pleasure to be reviewed by you Christen57 :)

Altough i agree with most of the changes i will keep holding on on putting counters on opponents cards^^ It was the whole idea of the archetype^^

And yeah i really forgot one card. Here it is: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=4040104

So I think that Ritual Spell can be clarified from:
This card can be used to Ritual Summon "Bubble Magic Bubble Dragon". You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal 8 or more. You can also remove "Bubble" counters from the field with every "Bubble" counter equals 1 level.
to:
(When you activate this card, you can also remove up to 7 Bubble Counters from the field.) This card is used to Ritual Summon "Bubble Magic Bubble Dragon". You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal or exceed 8 - the number of counters removed at activation.

This is one of the proper ways to word a spell/trap card activation's optional cost, with the other way being without the parentheses but instead with a semi-colon, like Rikka Glamour's and Tally-Ho! Springans's wordings.

This new wording also makes it clear that you have to use at least 1 monster for the ritual summon like with any ritual spell card ritual summon, as you can't use only counters for the ritual summon and no actual monsters. This ruling also applies to the card Meteonis Drytron, which has a similar ritual summoning effect.

The issue with making your archetype put counters on specifically opponents' cards is, if they're playing an archetype of their own that focuses on putting their own archetypes' counters on their cards, such as a Spell Counter deck, it will become a nightmare keeping track of your archetype's counters, and their archetypes' counters, on the same cards, as duelingbook allows no more than 1 kind of counter to be visible on each card at a time. If they normal summon Breaker the Magical Warrior, put a Spell Counter on it, then your archetype places a Bubble Counter on that same monster, your Bubble Counter will get mixed up with his Spell Counter, making keeping track of the counters a nightmare, causing games to become slow and frustrating as players have to now use the chat for tracking counters on each card.

I was already fully aware that you originally wanted your archetype to be able to place counters on any card, but at the same time, a custom archetype should be able to easily function within the confines of duelingbook, and shouldn't cause games to become extremely tedious, confusing, and frustrating; and right now, it's going to be tedious and frustrating to get your archetype to function properly in-game.

Skyonator

Post #5 by Skyonator » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:37 pm

Thx for the clarification^^ yeah its true that it would be difficult to keep track of the counters but its nice to know that its db's fault. Not mine :D
As a well known Player...do you know if there are plans for implementing such upgrades as a better counter travker etc.?

Christen57

Post #6 by Christen57 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:57 pm

Skyonator wrote:As a well known Player...do you know if there are plans for implementing such upgrades as a better counter travker etc.?

You can talk to Genexwrecker or XtevensChannel about it. Genexwrecker even has this thread for such suggestions: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21490

Return to “Custom Cards”