A Guttermouth Convention

Post your custom made cards in this forum
greg503

Re: A Guttermouth Convention

Post #21 by greg503 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:36 pm

Well, I hope as you grow up you'll realize how little it matters that someone on the internet hates you/what you do. Anything will have someone who doesn't like it, so do what you enjoy.
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #22 by Renji Asuka » Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:14 pm

Rocket2 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Congratulations, you effectively booted out one person from the community, because you just HAD TO yuck their yum

Sometimes the truth hurts. But this talk does made me think of what you said earlier about ‘enjoyment in having fun being bad’ as I am writing this. So, here’s my follow-up to that again.

One person enjoyment to remain horrible does not justify to stop learning after getting help from others. It was ungrateful for that brat, who not only got lucky and was helped, to not keep the advises he had gotten over the months. His joy of remaining as a noob and took advantage of other’s generosity pissed me off. Although seeing that kid rebelled and cried to the admin to ban me was hilarious. :lol: Like that was my 1st talking with him, then boom, he cried & run away. Weak-minded kid can never handle the truth.

Renji Asuka wrote:You really need to stop behaving like this.
You're almost as bad as CrystalMusic

You had that backward, Renji. Deterring doesn’t always mean a bad thing.

Take for example if the game you bought is predatory or extreme buggy, you made your voice heard. Hopefully prevent some potential buyers of becoming suckers, while screaming to the developer/publisher to knock it off. In that analogy, the buyers are the readers/players, and the developer/publisher is Uber.

Not once (or very rarely) has any of my review/help been soft or encouraging. All those ‘experience’ custom card failures much like any ameteur will need to make a choice, either continue being terrible for the rest of their miserable lives, or get good.

The time heavily invested in the game should ONLY result in improvement. When people spent thousand of hours in doing their hobby, job, etc, these folks are expected to get better, NOT squander their time and opportunity. By that point, they are just lost cause.

Its about time somebody told him his harsh reality. He, very much like CM, had made the conscious decision to remain as a hopeless failure, and wanted to be treated as such.

KTeknis wrote:Rocket2, I once said to you that your criticism is usually quite harsh. But this isn't criticizing anymore, this is just plain Insult, and probably also borderline bullying. At this rate you're no better than Darwis.

Uber might not be the brightest when it comes to card design, but at the very least he's friendly toward other people an open to advice toward his cards (granted, he's probably too open I think). I might justify your action if he acted hostile toward other people, but here he just asked for a peaceful discussion.

If you thought that any of your advice falls on deaf ears, then it might be better to just mind your own business and help someone more receptive instead, especially if what they're doing is not harming other people. Otherwise you just look like a jerk.

God dammnit this is FutureGamer all over again.

Correction, its CrystalMusic and parhelia_0000 all over again. I had spend time pointing out Futuregamer's (or tst12041, his alter) individual card mistakes, but nothing to lost cause like Uber, CM, and parhelia.

Remember KT, I had admit to bully openly in the forum. Similar with parhelia_0000, long before the forum active users last year boot him out when they finally realized what a retarded person he truly is, I'd already know that just based on his cards alone. And from what I saw with that crybaby done over the months with Christen57's fruitless attempt to help him, the message was very clear to me. That infant is a manipulative ungrateful selfish little brat.

The point is, you need to chill out. The fact you were bragging about a person wanting to quit the site because of your own actions is problematic. I'm trying to help you by telling you that you need to chill out before you do end up getting punished.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

UberTrainerMinusInfinity

Post #23 by UberTrainerMinusInfinity » Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:40 pm

He's right. The moderators will get you, Rocket2, and I'm not affected by the insults deeply, since I know what to do when seeing something like this!

Christen57

Post #24 by Christen57 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:19 pm

Guess it's my turn now to give my thoughts on this situation.

I think Rocket2 and UberTrainerMinusInfinity handled this poorly and are both in the wrong.

Rocket2,

while I fully understand your frustrations and appreciate you standing up for me, it was too early for you to jump to the conclusion that Uber's a "hopeless lost cause". Before jumping to such a conclusion, you should've tried getting more information as to why specifically he was never improving all this time, and tried coming up with a different strategy for helping him improve if what I've been doing all these months wasn't working.

For example, I was starting to think of maybe just having a documentation all of his custom card mistakes (Using apostrophes ' when he meant to use quotation marks " and not capitalizing words he should always be capitalizing such as Deck/Special Summoned/Tribute/Tributed, etc) so they're all listed in one place and easy to find. That way, he could just go back and look at that compilation of his past mistakes to make sure he isn't repeating any of them with each new archetype of his, instead of having to search for and go back to a previous thread where I pointed out the mistake(s) in question, as said thread would just be lost on this forum where he wouldn't be able to find it, recall it, and remember it.

Also, KTeknis is right. What started as you criticizing immediately turned in you just making personal attacks:

after everything I saw, you suck

UberTrainerMinusInfinity can suck forever and that will put a smile to my face too

That crybaby of a wreck

Weak-minded kid

That infant is a manipulative ungrateful selfish little brat

:lol: We got another parhelia_000. What happened to your goodbye thread, crybaby. Ready to make a 2nd one.

Hey baby, now you are seeing this, I want to ask you directly

What is so appealing of being a mediocre?

Don't you feel like a coward in choosing to run away?

Why do you chose to write so much when you can't even read yet?

Who inflate your ego into believing you do not need to read any rules or retain any advises at all?

Were you aware that people like greg503 already know you are terrible at your job?

None of this is genuine criticism anymore. It's straight-up name-calling, taunting, and insults.

Why do you need to say he sucks when that term clearly has a very negative connotation to it? Why couldn't you just say he really needs to step it up, learn PSCT, and stop taking so long to do so?

Why do you need to bring up Parhelia? Why are you comparing those two to each other. Parhelia had completely separate issues. Parhelia's issue was mainly his customs being intentionally overpowered and him being too stubborn and unreceptive to much feedback, while Uber's issue was just his customs consistently lacking proper grammar / PSCT, and bullet points to read, as well as Uber relying a bit too much on others and their feedback instead of trying to learn from past feedback so he can be able to fix his customs' issues himself.

Why do you assume Uber finds it "appealing" being mediocre and that he "can't read"?

Why are you acting like greg503 is on your side when he made it clear here that he isn't?

Uber,

Before I say how you were in the wrong, I will say: if you're truly leaving Duelingbook at this time, it was overall fun reviewing your archetypes. I wouldn't have reviewed that many of them if I wasn't getting at least some enjoyment out of it.

Also, know that it wasn't just me helping you this whole time. You were also helping me, probably just as much.

You see, a very important life skill needed, in order to review customs effectively and spot even small grammar / PSCT mistakes that other reviewers would likely overlook, is attention to detail. A very important life skill also needed, to correct such mistakes in the best way possible along with other balancing mistakes, is problem-solving. https://www.hipeople.io/blog/8-common-traits-of-detail-oriented-people
https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/career-development/attention-to-detail
https://www.zippia.com/advice/attention-to-detail/

I've been developing and honing these skills since I was a kid, but REALLY honing them since I started reviewing customs back in 2020, and have continued honing these skills reviewing your cards, analyzing your texts word for word, and spotting the slightest error(s) to correct.

Earlier this year (March - July) I was working for a corporation full-time which was why I had to take that multi-month break from this forum that I took. In that corporation, I had to very often rely on my detail-orientation and analytical skills I had built from doing things just like this — analyzing customs for mistakes.

One of my main roles in the corporation was to go through hundreds, if not thousands, of data entries to make sure every entry was up to date and didn't have even a single spelling, grammar, or other mistake. Then I'd make a note of any such mistake(s) I did find to send to upper management for correction. Some of the notes I made were things like:

• This entry's serial number is listed as 1111122222333344444, however, it's missing an extra 3, so it should instead be 11111222223333344444 with five 3s instead of only four 3s, just like how the other numbers 1, 2, and 4 in this serial number are each written as 5 numbers.
  • This model number is listed as FS0VUTZELH, however, the third character in this model number — the character after the S — is a zero when it should instead be a capital letter O.
  • This identification number is listed as .1234567, however, there should not be a decimal / period at the beginning of it — it should instead just be 1234567 without that decimal / period.
  • This device should be removed from the database as it no longer exists — it was recently removed from service and is now scheduled to be scrapped / disposed.
  • This entry should be added to the database as it's for a recently installed device.
  • This device's location is listed as Building #3, Floor #6, Room #11, Cabinet #2, however, this is slightly incorrect, as the Cabinet #2 containing this device was recently moved to the 7th floor's 11th room of Building #3, so the location should be instead listed as Building #3, Floor #7, Room #11, Cabinet #2.
  • This device's location is listed as Building #5, Floor #1, Cabinet #3, however, Building #5 was recently shut down, so the location of this device needs to be reviewed and updated so the most recent building it was moved to is the one this device is listed in.

It was specifically activities such as me casually reviewing your customs on this forum, with a keen eye for such detail, that helped me hone this detail-orientation skill that would later on help me perfectly fulfill my role at the corporation.

To this day, I still continue to hone and rely on that skill, when I do things such as update my résumé to correct minor spelling / grammar mistakes I had overlooked for months, and even now as I write this post, paying close attention to any spelling or grammar mistakes I can easily miss initially when writing such long posts.

So thank you for being a member of the custom card community for so long and giving me yet another fun way to develop and hone both that skill, as well as my communication skills when I had to communicate to you as clearly and concisely as I could how to fix each and every single one of those PSCT and custom card mistakes.

Also thank you for helping James improve his custom card making / reviewing skills as well, because when users like you share customs and I point out the mistakes, James sees what I look for and learns himself what mistakes to look out for when he makes / reviews customs himself, so he and other users also get a better idea of how to word cards.

That being said,

Rocket2, despite being hostile, unprofessional, and disrespectful in this thread, did raise a valid concern. It doesn't make much sense for you to be repeatedly making the exact same PSCT and grammar mistakes at this point that you've been making literally since I started reviewing your customs, unless you have a very good reason for that.

What could the situation be? Do you simply not have time to practice studying / remembering PSCT and proper wording, and to learn from past PSCT / grammar mistakes so you could implement those changes on your own without relying on myself or James? Is your schedule in real life schedule too busy to allow you to do so? Is there something you have that's either physically or directly hindering your ability to do so? Do you struggle with finding the appropriate resources needed to learn and study these things? Do you need a different approach to this, such as taking notes of previous PSCT / grammar mistakes so you can easily and quickly go back to them so you can remember not to repeat them when making future archetypes?
Rocket2 seems to think this issue is all because you're "manipulative" and whatnot, but if that's not the case, you should say so and make it clear what the case really is.

You also should not be publicly calling for anyone on this forum to get banned. If someone is doing something ban-worthy, you either message a moderator / admin privately about it or (preferably) report them using the Report Abuse page: https://forum.duelingbook.com/posting.php?mode=post&f=7

Your comment here:
https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?p=98170#p98170
Even if Rocket2 is dealt with by the moderators, it is quite clear that his threatening messages have ruined my public image on this site. As such, I am offically stepping down as a duelist to look for a new career. The message is quite clear....I am a child.

is also inaccurate. Rocket2's messages didn't specifically threaten harm against you. That would certainly result in a ban for him. Your image also isn't ruined. He may have... damaged it, but not ruined it...

and right now, you, and only you, know if you're a "child" or not. Not myself, Rocket2, or anyone else in this thread. I'm sure Rocket2 only meant to suggest you were being childish, not that you were actually a child. Like, you're really going to completely give up on this community, on custom cards in general, and on the platform as a whole just because of ONE guy in ONE thread? I can understand leaving if multiple people were ganging up on you and being toxic / hostile / hateful, or if there was no other easy way to deal with the harassment / abuse, but you don't have to take what he's saying this seriously at the moment.

There was also very little need for you to PM me over a dozen times this past year asking for either a duel or some more custom card feedback, especially after I already told you I'd get to it when I found the time and energy.

Anyways, once again, if you're leaving, the least I can do is give you one last custom review, like a sort of parting gift.

Street Shark Big Slammu's effect can be shortened from:
Unaffected by your opponent's card effects during the Battle Phase. If a ''Shark'' or a ''Great White'' monster attacks a Defence Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. When this is summoned, you can set 1 Spell/Trap card those card text mentions ''Shark'' or ''Great White'' from your hand/GY, also you can activate it this turn. After a ''Shark'' or ''Great White'' monster attacks, place a Shark Slam Counter on this card. Your opponent's monsters lose 100 ATK/DEF for each Shark Slam Counter on this card.
to:
Unaffected by your opponent's effects during the Battle Phase. If a "Shark" or "Great White" monster attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. When this is Summoned: You can Set 1 Spell/Trap that has "Shark" or "Great White" in its text from your hand/GY, and if it is a Trap or Quick-Play Spell, it can be activated this turn. Each time a monster attacks, place 1 Shark Slam Counter on this card. Your opponent's monsters lose 100 ATK/DEF for each Shark Slam Counter on this card.

• Effects no longer need to say "by your opponent's card effects". They can now instead just say "by your opponent's effects" without including the "card"
  • You need to use the actual quotation mark by holding the SHIFT key on the keyboard then pressing the quotation mark key. You still keep using double apostrophes where you take an apostrophe ' and add it right next to another apostrophe ' to make it look like a quotation mark "
  • Defense is spelled with an S, not a C as in Defence
  • Summon/Summoned/Summoning is always capitalized
  • You need to include a colon for on-summon trigger effects, so it should be "When this card is Summoned: You can" not "When this card is summoned, you can"
  • The proper way to word "Spell/Trap card those card text mentions ''Shark'' or ''Great White'' from your hand/GY" is "Spell/Trap that has "Shark" or "Great White" in its text from your hand/GY". Look at how Geminize Lord Golknight refers to a card having Gemini monster in its text to get an idea of this. Also, you don't need to include "card" when referring to just "1 Spell/Trap"
  • An effect that sets a specific archetype of "spell/trap" and allows it to be activated that same turn needs to specify that it only allows that for traps / quick-play spells. Look at the wordings of The Dark Magicians and Raidraptor - Wise Strix to get an idea of this
  • This next suggestion is a personal preference thing than an actual error, but I think it's fine for now if the counter placing effect triggers upon any attack declaration instead of just Shark and Great White monsters'. Also having the effect place the counter "each time" the attack is declared instead of "after" makes the effect less confusing, as "after" could mean after the end of the damage step or after the initial attack declaration but once the damage step or something is entered

Street Shark Jab's effect can be shortened from:
Unaffected by your opponent's card effects during the Battle Phase. Your ''Shark'' and ''Great White'' monsters cannot be destroyed during your turn. When this is summoned, if you have no monsters in your Extra Deck, you may target any number of ''Shark'' or ''Great White'' monsters in your GY: Special Summon them, also until the end of this turn, their original ATK becomes 1900. Whenever your opponent summons a monster with 2500 or more ATK while you control 2 or more Fish monsters, they must discard 1 card. If they cannot, all ''Shark'' and ''Great White'' monsters you control gain 1000 ATK/DEF.
to:
Unaffected by your opponent's effects during the Battle Phase. "Shark" and "Great White" monsters you control cannot be destroyed during your turn. When this card is Summoned, if you have no cards in your Extra Deck: Target any number of "Shark" and/or "Great White" monsters in your GY; Special Summon them, but their original ATK become 1900 this turn. If your opponent Summons a monster(s) with 2500 or more ATK while you control 2 or more Fish monsters: They discard 1 card, and if they do not, all monsters you control gain 1000 ATK/DEF.

• The second effect needs to apply only to monsters on the field. The current effect "Your Shark and Great White monsters" will also apply to cards in private knowledge locations such as the hand and deck, so if an opponent's effect tries to destroy such cards in those locations, it would need to be able to
  • It needs to be either "When this card is Summoned" or "When this monster is Summoned," not just "When this is summoned" without either "card" or "monster"
  • You don't need to say "no monsters in your Extra Deck". You can instead say "no cards in your Extra Deck" which is shorter, and since any card in your extra deck will be a monster by default anyways
  • Another personal preference change: The targeting effect should be mandatory instead of optional. It allows smarter opponents to take advantage of it by using some kind of response to it, promoting healthier interaction
  • Activation texts are separated from effects by a semi-colon which looks like this ; not a regular colon which looks like this :
  • You hold the SHIFT key, then press the colon key on your keyboard to get a colon. Pressing the colon key without first holding SHIFT gives you a semi-colon
  • "also until the end of this turn, their original ATK becomes 1900" could just be "but their original ATK become 1900 this turn"
  • Should include "(s)" at the end of "your opponent Summons a monster" so players know this applies once, and even when multiple monsters with 2500+ ATK are summoned at the same time such as via pendulum summon
  • Also think it would be perfectly fine for the 1000 ATK/DEF increase to apply to all your monsters instead of just the Shark and Great White ones

Street Shark Ripster's effect can be shortened from:
Unaffected by your opponent's card effects during the Battle Phase. Your ''Shark'' and ''Great White'' monsters can attack regardless of effects on the field. When this is summoned, and at the start of each turn: Place a Leadership counter on this card. Your ''Shark'' and ''Great White'' monsters gain 100 ATK/DEF for each Leadership Counter on this card. If a Trap effect that would destroy a Fish monster you control is activated; (Quick Effect) You can remove 2 Leadership Counters from this card: Negate the activation.
to:
Unaffected by your opponent's effects during the Battle Phase. Your "Shark" and "Great White" monsters can attack directly. When this card is Summoned, and during each Standby Phase: Place 1 Shark Slam Counter on this card. Your monsters gain 100 ATK/DEF for each Shark Slam Counter on this card. When a card or effect is activated that would destroy a card(s) (Quick Effect): You can remove 2 Shark Slam Counters from your field; negate the activation.

• The term "Regardless of effects on the field" is too confusing and would lead to ruling issues. Recommend changing that to another simple bonus like direct attacking or something
  • The next effect should be during each standby phase or something instead of the start of each turn
  • Not a good a idea for your archetype to use a different kind of counter that the previous card's Shark Slam Counter. Better to have this archetype stick with 1 kind of counter if it's gonna use counters
  • The last effect can be buffed to negate any effect that would destroy, not just trap effects; and it would fine for it to also remove the counter(s) from other cards you control instead of just itself
  • It's "(Quick Effect):" not "; (Quick Effect)"

Street Shark Streex's effect can be simplified from:
Unaffected by your opponent's card effects during the Battle Phase. The effects of your ''Shark'' and ''Great White'' cards cannot be negated. When this is summoned: You can add 1 ''Shark'' or ''Great White'' card, or 1 card those card text mentions ''Shark'' or ''Great White'', from your deck to your hand, then if you added a level 4 or lower monster this way, you may discard 1 card, except the card you added this way: Special Summon that monster, but it cannot be used as material. You can only activate this effect once per turn. After this destroys a monster by battle: You may return any number of ''Shark'' or ''Great White'' monsters you control to your hand, then Special Summon them from the hand if able.
to:
Unaffected by your opponent's effects during the Battle Phase. The card and effect activations and effects of your other cards cannot be negated. You can only use each of these effects of "Street Shark Streex" once per turn.
● When this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Shark" or "Great White" card, or 1 card that has "Shark" or "Great White" in its text, from your Deck to your hand, then if you added a Level 4 or lower monster this way, you can discard 1 card except the added card, and if you do, Special Summon the added card, but it cannot be used as Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link Material.
● If this card destroys a monster by battle: Target any number of "Shark" and/or "Great White" monsters you control; return them to the hand, then you can Special Summon "Shark" and/or "Great White" monsters from it up to the number that left the field.

• I'm currently not sure if my suggested change to the second effect is the best way to word such an effect, but it's definitely better than the original wording where it isn't clear if it also protects its own effect, including that very protecting effect itself, from negation
  • Both the other activated effects should be hard once per turn, especially that last effect since it might otherwise lead to some obscure loop where you return it to the hand then re-summon it over and over, attacking again and again, unless that's what you want...
  • A hard once per turn clause needs to include the name of the card itself, so you say "You can only use this effect of "Street Shark Streex" once per turn," not just "You can only use this effect once per turn"

Street Shark Feeding Frenzy's effect can be shortened from:
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Gene Slam". After this attacks a monster, all other ''Shark'' and ''Great White'' monsters you control can attack an additional time this turn. You can only activate this effect once per turn. Once per turn, when your opponent activates an effect; (Quick Effect) You can shuffle 1 ''Shark'' or ''Great White'' monster from your GY into your deck: Negate the activation. If a ''Shark'' or ''Great White'' monster, except this card, would be destroyed, you can instead half this card's ATK/DEF.
to:
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Gene Slam". Your other monsters can make a second attack during each Battle Phase. Once per turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect that does not include a card destroying effect (Quick Effect): You can shuffle 1 "Shark" or "Great White" monster from your GY into the Deck; negate the activation. If another monster(s) on the field would be destroyed, you can make this card lose exactly 2000 ATK or DEF instead.

• There's no need to make the effect that gives extra attacks "activate"
  • Not a good idea to halve ATK/DEF every time you wish to prevent destruction, as that makes the new ATK and DEF tedious to re-calculate because you have to keep re-calculating half of 2 separate values instead of just a reduction in 1

Gene Slam's effect can be shortened from:
This card can be used to Ritual Summon any Fish or Aqua Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon. You can banish this card and 1 ''Street Shark Feeding Frenzy'' from your GY: Special Summon 1 Fish Ritual monster from your hand/deck/GY, except, unless it is from the GY, ''Street Shark Feeding Frenzy'', ignoring the summoning conditions.
to:
This card is used to Ritual Summon any WATER Fish Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon. You can banish this card and 1 "Shark" or "Great White" monster from your GY; Special Summon 1 WATER Fish Ritual Monster from your hand/Deck/GY. (This is treated as a Ritual Summon.)

This archetype neither has nor runs any Aqua rituals so unless you maybe have some separate archetype with such monsters that also uses this spell, you can remove the Aqua part. I also don't know why it can't just simply treat the special summon from the hand/deck/graveyard as a ritual summon

Shark Bite's effect should be shortened from:
If you control a ''Shark'' or ''Great White'' monster, target 1 card on the field: destroy it, then activate one of the following effects:
● Destroy all face-up Spell/Trap cards your opponent controls.
● Target 1 monster on the field: Destroy it.
● Banish the card you destroyed.

to:
If you control a "Shark" or "Great White" monster: Target 1 card; destroy it, then banish it or destroy 1 additional card on the field.

You don't activate an effect while a current effect is still in the middle of resolving. You apply such an additional effects. Also, when activating an effect that simply targets cards on the field for destruction, you don't actually need to specific that the target must be on the field. As an example, Enishi, Shien's Chancellor simply says to target a face-up monster and destroy it without specifying that that target has to be on the field.

Sharkfight's effect should be nerfed from:
Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower ''Shark'' or ''Great White'' monster from your hand/deck/GY, and if you do, all Fish monsters you control gain 500 ATK until the end of this turn. This cannot be negated if your GY contains ''Gene Slam''. You can only activate 1 ''Sharkfight'' per turn.
to:
If you have no cards in your Extra Deck: Special Summon 1 Level 4 "Shark" monster or 1 "Great White" from your hand/Deck/GY, and if you do, all Fish monsters you currently control gain 500 ATK until the end of this turn. You can only activate 1 "Sharkfight" per turn.

since it's currently a possibly abusable 1-card rank 4 since you could summon Buzzsaw Shark with this, activate that monster's effect to fetch another level 4 fish from the deck, and have access to rank 4s all without using your normal summon. It's like Speedroid Terrortop all over again.
Also, the negate-proofing on this card isn't necessary since Street Shark Streex already has that covered.

Sharkbait's effect can be simplified from:
Target 1 ''Shark'' or ''Great White'' card, or 1 card those card text mentions ''Shark'' or ''Great White'', in your GY: Either add it to your hand, or apply the following effect based on it's card type:
● Monster: Special Summon it.
● Spell/Trap: Set it on your field, also you can activate it this turn.
Then, if you chose ''Street Shark Feeding Frenzy'' this way, you may target a second ''Shark'' or ''Great White'' card in your GY, except ''Street Shark Feeding Frenzy''. You can only activate 1 ''Sharkbait'' per turn.

to:
Target 1 "Shark" or "Great White" card, and/or 1 card that has "Shark" or "Great White" in its text, in your GY, but if you target 2 cards this way, at least 1 of them must be "Street Shark Feeding Frenzy"; apply this effect on each target based on its card type, also after that, if this card targeted "Street Shark Feeding Frenzy" at activation, Set this card face-down instead of sending it to the GY.
● Monster: Add it to your hand or Special Summon it.
● Spell/Trap: Add it to your hand or Set it to your field. That Set card can be activated this turn if it is a Trap or Quick-Play Spell.
You can only activate 1 ''Sharkbait'' per turn.

Recommend deleting Sharkstorm if or after implementing the above changes, since Street Shark Ripster and Street Shark Feeding Frenzy both cover negation making a third negate unnecessary.

UberTrainerMinusInfinity

Post #25 by UberTrainerMinusInfinity » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:46 pm

Mods, lock this thread at once, please.
...I'm back.

Rocket2

Post #26 by Rocket2 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:35 pm

Christen57 wrote:while I fully understand your frustrations and appreciate you standing up for me, it was too early for you to jump to the conclusion that Uber's a "hopeless lost cause".

Its almost been a year since the first day you’d helped him. Draw a timeline to realize how long and many cards & archetypes he had posted, and see just how many of your advice enter one ear and out the other.

Before jumping to such a conclusion, you should've tried getting more information as to why specifically he was never improving all this time

You want us to listen to his excuses?! Alright, I will entertain you. Although he will be AFK for a bit, I will still give the kid 240 hours (10 days) for him to answer for himself, starting at the time of this post. That should be plenty of time for him to come up with something, so that we can get to the bottom of this. Delaying too long is not ideal, because my opinion of him will only get worse, and your new time-consuming tactics to help him will only end up as a flop again.

Also, KTeknis is right. What started as you criticizing immediately turned in you just making personal attacks:

after everything I saw, you suck

UberTrainerMinusInfinity can suck forever and that will put a smile to my face too

That crybaby of a wreck

Weak-minded kid

That infant is a manipulative ungrateful selfish little brat

:lol: We got another parhelia_000. What happened to your goodbye thread, crybaby. Ready to make a 2nd one.

Hey baby, now you are seeing this, I want to ask you directly

What is so appealing of being a mediocre?

Don't you feel like a coward in choosing to run away?

Why do you chose to write so much when you can't even read yet?

Who inflate your ego into believing you do not need to read any rules or retain any advises at all?

Were you aware that people like greg503 already know you are terrible at your job?

None of this is genuine criticism anymore. It's straight-up name-calling, taunting, and insults.

You think (sarcasm).

Why do you need to say he sucks when that term clearly has a very negative connotation to it?

I always do that. I keep on using the words fail, bad, you suck, etc.

, and tried coming up with a different strategy for helping him improve if what I've been doing all these months wasn't working.

Why couldn't you just say he really needs to step it up, learn PSCT, and stop taking so long to do so?

And experience months of fruitless attempts like you? No thank you.

Why do you need to bring up Parhelia? Why are you comparing those two to each other. Parhelia had completely separate issues. Parhelia's issue was mainly his customs being intentionally overpowered and him being too stubborn and unreceptive to much feedback, while Uber's issue was just his customs consistently lacking proper grammar / PSCT, and bullet points to read, as well as Uber relying a bit too much on others and their feedback instead of trying to learn from past feedback so he can be able to fix his customs' issues himself.

parhelia_0000 is his own unique headaches. So is Uber. I'd bought up parhelia to correct KTeknis’s comment earlier in that I had actually pointed out and corrected Futuregamer's (tst12041's) mistakes, but never once to parhelia, like what I did now with Uber. So, the similarity is closer to that, especially the 1st time I'd criticized them was not on their first custom thread.

Why do you assume Uber finds it "appealing" being mediocre and that he "can't read"?

Why are you acting like greg503 is on your side when he made it clear here that he isn't?

What?! greg503 is on NO ONE side. I will answer these 2 questions in 1. greg503 did raised an interesting point in that Uber actually enjoyed being bad at what he does. And if so, then Uber is having fun being a mediocre, and find it appealing to remain as an illiterate.

I want that kid to realize that people also know he suck and still got a long way to go. However, no one got the heart to tell the kid the truth, until now.

Now that I had answered all of your questions, there is only 1 thing left to do. Since Uber had labeled me as a foe, he might have missed this post. So, could you please send Uber both a Forum PM and Main Page PM about the 240 hours deadline?

And Uber! I hope you are reading this! Don’t think of the deadline as a respond to my taunts. Think of it as a way to publicly express and explain to Christen57 on why you had disregarded everything he had advise you, why you are not a manipulator, etc.

Christen57

Post #27 by Christen57 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:55 pm

Rocket2 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:while I fully understand your frustrations and appreciate you standing up for me, it was too early for you to jump to the conclusion that Uber's a "hopeless lost cause".

Its almost been a year since the first day you’d helped him. Draw a timeline to realize how long and many cards & archetypes he had posted, and see just how many of your advice enter one ear and out the other.

Before jumping to such a conclusion, you should've tried getting more information as to why specifically he was never improving all this time

You want us to listen to his excuses?! Alright, I will entertain you. Although he will be AFK for a bit, I will still give the kid 240 hours (10 days) for him to answer for himself, starting at the time of this post. That should be plenty of time for him to come up with something, so that we can get to the bottom of this. Delaying too long is not ideal, because my opinion of him will only get worse, and your new time-consuming tactics to help him will only end up as a flop again.

I admit I haven't been paying attention to how much I've been trying to help him until you brought it up. I've just been doing it for so long without thinking about that.

However, the reason I suggest seeking a bit more information first to begin with is because I believe, in this situation, that we should assume ignorance before assuming malice. I can't deny, at this point, the possibility you've proposed that he's being manipulative / lazy, but right now, he could just as likely have some major learning disability or disorder genuinely keeping him from learning and implementing PSCT and grammar, doesn't have english as his primary language, or have one of those very busy personal life schedules that leave him with no time to learn PSCT.

So sure, if he gives no legitimate explanation for this, then we'll have no choice but to assume malice and laziness, in which case I will drastically reduce the amount of custom card feedback I give him, at once.

, and tried coming up with a different strategy for helping him improve if what I've been doing all these months wasn't working.

Why couldn't you just say he really needs to step it up, learn PSCT, and stop taking so long to do so?

And experience months of fruitless attempts like you? No thank you.

I should've been more clear as to what I meant when I said this. I don't mean that either of us has to directly help him. I meant giving him different ways for him to help himself, and then backing off and leaving him alone to observe whether or not he implements them and improves.

What?! greg503 is on NO ONE side. I will answer these 2 questions in 1. greg503 did raised an interesting point in that Uber actually enjoyed being bad at what he does.

Hold on. Are you referring to greg503's post saying this?
  • Have you considered the fact that people can have fun doing things they're bad at. This feels like it should be about enjoyment, not responsibility, and you might have forgotten how enjoyable helping others can be.

Because I thought what greg503 meant here was simply that Uber enjoys making and sharing customs despite not yet being good at it, not that Uber enjoys being specifically bad at making and sharing customs.

Now that I had answered all of your questions, there is only 1 thing left to do. Since Uber had labeled me as a foe, he might have missed this post. So, could you please send Uber both a Forum PM and Main Page PM about the 240 hours deadline?

I'm new to this "foe" thing. Could you remind me again how it works? Is it the same as blocking someone where it stops show you their posts?

Also, he already saw my post asking him to explain himself — the part where I said:

It doesn't make sense for you to be repeatedly making the exact same PSCT and grammar mistakes at this point that you've been making literally since I started reviewing your customs, unless you have a very good reason.

What could the situation be? Do you simply not have time to practice studying / remembering PSCT and proper wording, and to learn from past PSCT / grammar mistakes so you could implement those changes on your own without relying on myself or James? Is your schedule in real life schedule too busy to allow you to do so? Is there something you have that's either physically or directly hindering your ability to do so? Do you struggle with finding the appropriate resources needed to learn and study these things? Do you need a different approach to this, such as taking notes of previous PSCT / grammar mistakes so you can easily and quickly go back to them so you can remember not to repeat them when making future archetypes?
Rocket2 seems to think this issue is all because you're "manipulative" and whatnot, but if that's not the case, you should say so and make it clear what the case really is.

james123
Mood:

Post #28 by james123 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:17 am

Christen57 wrote:I'm new to this "foe" thing. Could you remind me again how it works? Is it the same as blocking someone where it stops show you their posts?

I'll explain it

Adding a Foe is when you go to a user's Profile and click this button Right here

For Example, I'll add LimpBizkit4Real as my Foe

When he's my Foe, he's on my Ignore List, meaning, His Posts cannot be seen until I click on "Display this post"

However, His Quotes are not Hidden as seen Here

UberTrainerMinusInfinity

Post #29 by UberTrainerMinusInfinity » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:44 am

....Fine.
....I just wanted to show off my decks to the community.
....The balance changes were just a suggestion by you.
....But now I realize, I've done more harm to this forum than good.
....I've realized my mistake.
....Mods....ban me from this forum, please, so that I can never make a mistake here again.
....Thank you.

Christen57

Post #30 by Christen57 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:45 pm

UberTrainerMinusInfinity wrote:....Fine.
....I just wanted to show off my decks to the community.
....The balance changes were just a suggestion by you.
....But now I realize, I've done more harm to this forum than good.
....I've realized my mistake.
....Mods....ban me from this forum, please, so that I can never make a mistake here again.
....Thank you.

You're overreacting again, Uber. You've done no real "harm" on this forum; and a mistake as minor as failing to use proper PSCT doesn't warrant something as extreme as a ban. We just want you to know that I can't keep reviewing customs forever. I'm in my 20s looking for work. It's only a matter of time 'till I find it, and I currently don't know if, when I do find it, I'll once again have to take another very long break from duelingbook.

I still want to help you while you and I are still available, but I need to you to really start helping yourself and learning to do so.

Give a man fish, you feed him for a day. Teach that man to fish, you feed him for the rest of his life.

UberTrainerMinusInfinity

Post #31 by UberTrainerMinusInfinity » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:27 pm

...I see.
It's just that one user ruining everything, after all.
And all my customs have nearly been rated anyway.
Take your time, now.
I won't push you any further.

Rocket2

Post #32 by Rocket2 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:27 pm

(Part 1)

Good day everyone.

What you are about to read are my findings ranging over the months of what I saw and said about UberTrainerMinusInfinity are the truth. However, these 3 part posts are also my confession.

So, let me start by apologizing to Christen57 and everyone.

I’m sorry that in order for you and everyone to finally realize the truth, I need to bring this to light.
I’m sorry for tricking you and everyone to make my plan work.
And lastly, I’m sorry of what may happen to your belief in helping others from now on.

Now, where to begin? I supposed it should at the time when I took a long break after that parhelia incident. It was more than a year later that I came back to check the forum to read (thoroughly) what have been going on. Since I am a custom card maker, I read what Christen57 have been posted to Uber over the months, and when I read them, I questioned myself if I have read them correctly. However, no matter how much I kept on reading them, it always lead to the same conclusion: Uber is abusing Christen57.

After some thought and months have passed, I’d finally decided to talk with Christen57 about my concern. At that time I didn’t provide any screenshots of my claims, so it was understandable why he didn’t believed what I’d told him. However, I just wasn’t sure of what to do next, because there wasn’t enough evidence.

Then, on that very same day, Christen57 told everyone in the forum he will be inactive because of work.

So, I was relieved for the time being, but it won’t last long. I know what I saw.

In order to convince Christen57 and everyone,
I need to gather more evidence.
I need to bring this up to light.
I need to catch Uber in the act.
I need …a trap.

Although…… that was a few months ago, I just wasn’t that good in formulating a good trap. But one day, it finally dawned on me. It should be known by now in the community that I am a rude and loudmouth bully. That is perfectly understandable. My way of helping (most) people to get good in yugioh was a very harsh and tough approach. Something like a stereotype mean coach in fictional stories. So, I start working on my plan.

(As weeks go by)

The day finally arrived when Christen57 returned back to the community, and Uber got the news.

Whether I was right or wrong about Uber, or him successfully fool everyone again, there was no turning back now. I was willing to risk leaving the community forever in shame. And so, once I saw Uber’s latest custom thread, I set my trap.
Last edited by Rocket2 on Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rocket2

Post #33 by Rocket2 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:27 pm

(Part 2)

As expected from a lying manipulative narcissist. He pulled a master class ‘playing the victim’ act.

After seeing & posting to my criticism,

He took 2 minutes to repost his archetype. Then he proceed to the next scheme of his plan.

6 minutes later, he posted that he is quitting DB forever by playing the victim, knowing that the 8 minutes window is too short of a time for anyone to response. But he wasn’t done yet

3 minutes later, he edited his original post and revealed his objective.

To make sure enough people saw this event, he’d waited around 24 hours to see just how many people have been fooled and step in for him.

Once again, he had managed to fool everyone like before, but he took the bait. I did not waste any time and start taunting him, trying not to be too offensive or else the mods will ban or freeze me too soon. I wanted him to lie and manipulate in the open as much as possible.

Remember everyone, he was also the one who keep on repeating he was wrong, he made a mistake, he had harm the site, but know full well that everyone saw him only as a victim.

He was also the one who suggested to ban himself as an unjust condemnation so that he can manipulate others into pity and forgive him.

He had fooled you all!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Uber, I know you will pull the exactly the kind of actions a lying manipulative narcissist does to make people do what you want them to do.

Your brilliant short explanations have avoid answering the questions Christen57 and I have asked, and people have fall for it too.

I must admit and applaud you (sarcastically clapping). When you said “you know what to do when seeing something like this”, you sureee do.

Last edited by Rocket2 on Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocket2

Post #34 by Rocket2 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:28 pm

(Part 3)

Christen57, the issue is not Uber being bad at making cards and need to study. The issue is he is taking advantage of your knowledge, attention, patience, and generosity for his own selfish need!

Remember, when you’d announced that you will be inactive from the forum because of your job, he still disregarded and disrespected that by sending his PMs about his archetypes. Why? Because that will lead you to fix his cards like so many before. Even right now with your “parting gift” and his “Take your time, now. I won’t push you any further.”, he had you under his grasp.

However, there is something he didn’t took into account. He didn’t predicted you would show everyone that “forum inbox & chat” screenshots which is 1 proof he is a selfish disrespectful manipulative attention seeker, and is only thinking of himself.

So, I would like to ask you, and think really hard and careful,

- What else did he sent to you that might suggest what I been seeing all this time about him is true?
- What else did he chat with you that might suggest what I been saying all this time about him is true?

If there is anything else that might suggest he is manipulative, selfish, disrespectful, lying, ungrateful, or narcissistic person, please do post the screenshots here.

Christen57, your contributions to the community cannot be deny. Even to this day I still used your bookmarklets and some of your guides from time to time. You had helped review my cards in the past too, so it frustrated me to no end to see what has been going on for months now.

Please realize the truth! I do not wish to see you being abused by him any longer.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #35 by DarwisBellium92 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:21 am

I fully agree with Rocket2 on this topic.

And KTeknis and company, stop comparing me as a bad person, you (or yours) is just a useless VENT! I'm better than you (and yours) at creating customs cards.

And anyway, I tend to emphasize, UberTrainer does not draw and is not an artist.

While tst12041 is nothing more than a Futuregamer Alt Account, I've noticed from his behaviors and the cards he creates.

End the story
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

james123
Mood:

Post #36 by james123 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:51 pm

Rocket2 wrote:(Part 3)

Christen57, the issue is not Uber being bad at making cards and need to study. The issue is he is taking advantage of your knowledge, attention, patience, and generosity for his own selfish need!

Remember, when you’d announced that you will be inactive from the forum because of your job, he still disregarded and disrespected that by sending his PMs about his archetypes. Why? Because that will lead you to fix his cards like so many before. Even right now with your “parting gift” and his “Take your time, now. I won’t push you any further.”, he had you under his grasp.

However, there is something he didn’t took into account. He didn’t predicted you would show everyone that “forum inbox & chat” screenshots which is 1 proof he is a selfish disrespectful manipulative attention seeker, and is only thinking of himself.

So, I would like to ask you, and think really hard and careful,

- What else did he sent to you that might suggest what I been seeing all this time about him is true?
- What else did he chat with you that might suggest what I been saying all this time about him is true?

If there is anything else that might suggest he is manipulative, selfish, disrespectful, lying, ungrateful, or narcissistic person, please do post the screenshots here.

Christen57, your contributions to the community cannot be deny. Even to this day I still used your bookmarklets and some of your guides from time to time. You had helped review my cards in the past too, so it frustrated me to no end to see what has been going on for months now.

Please realize the truth! I do not wish to see you being abused by him any longer.

Enough of the Drama Rocket2! Leave UberTrainer alone! UberTrainer isn't triyng to force Christen to be his teacher okay?

UberTrainerMinusInfinity

Post #37 by UberTrainerMinusInfinity » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:06 pm

Yes, that's true! Christen57 just decided to improve the first one, not because I asked him! Good heck, why hasn't the moderators even noticed this yet, even though I've tried calling them multiple times? At this point, Rocket2's presence is breaking almost every single rule this Forum has to offer!
MODERATORS, WHERE ARE YOU? WE HAVE A CYBER BULLY IN THE HOUSE!!!

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #38 by DarwisBellium92 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:22 pm

UberTrainerMinusInfinity wrote:Yes, that's true! Christen57 just decided to improve the first one, not because I asked him! Good heck, why hasn't the moderators even noticed this yet, even though I've tried calling them multiple times? At this point, Rocket2's presence is breaking almost every single rule this Forum has to offer!
MODERATORS, WHERE ARE YOU? WE HAVE A CYBER BULLY IN THE HOUSE!!!

...... Words at wind......
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

Return to “Custom Cards”