Best Custom Match Ever

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Lil Oldman
Mood:

Best Custom Match Ever

Post #1 by Lil Oldman » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:48 am

Had a duel with my friend in preparation for a tourney in a server I am in. Regardless of the powerlevel in customs, when the power is just right, it becomes a really cool game. I never felt in control until the last turn.
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=222289-51631382
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Rocket2

Post #2 by Rocket2 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:12 am

How long is your tourney? Tourney should be a match, but this 1 single duel took 65 min. Yes, I know that replay is just a practice before the actual event.

_____

I can see the due diligence are not done properly. Though you guys may, or more likely, may not try your best at all. For examples:

The arrangement of effects are kind of all over the places. Excluding where and how the HOPT & bullet points are placed: Summoned effect > Continuous effect > Ignition effect, etc.

Spiritualist Purification
It is a Continuous Trap, however I cannot tell if its 1st effect is a supposed 'Trap Card activation eff', or a 'Trap effect', because I do not see either soft OPT, or "When this card is activated" (since it got the OPT 'card activation', but not 'used eff', and I think it meant to be a card activation). Or maybe I read it correctly and it supposed to be activate forever, but if so, dumb.

Normal & Continuous Traps are worded differently, because they have their own unique rules. This is a big mistake. You might want to look at all of your tourney's Continuous Traps for this possible mistake and report them.

Gauntlet Goliath Dragon
The 1st word is wrong (or 1st letter lol). What is 'f'? I bet it supposed to be 'if'.

Spiritualist - Ayako
You can only Special Summon "XXX" once per turn this way. This is meant for unclassified self SS and Summoning Condition, not for activation self SS. Another big mistake. Once again, check and report any tourney's cards that have this mistake. What a waste of space in so many of those Spiritualist cards. Just used HOPT each.

Mercenary Exchange
Upper case with "Deck". Missing "s" and "Effect" with "Mercenary" monster. No (s) with continuous boost. Missed you control and s at zones. So many noob mistakes.

Gogga Veiler
If your opponent Special Summons exactly 1 monster face-up (except during the Damage Step) (Quick Effect): You can reveal this card in your hand, then target that monster; Normal Summon this card, and if you do, change that monster to face-down Defense Position, also it cannot change its battle position for the rest of this turn.
I don't get it. Why reveal this card when activating its effect in the hand does just that. Just used "while this card is in your hand".
Its 1 face-up monster, not 1 monster face-up.
Where is the "Immediately after this effect resolves" for the Normal Summon (although normally there is no "also" follow up with that blanket eff)?
Why on earth used "also it cannot change its battle position for the rest of this turn", when that said monster is Special Summoned THIS TURN?! Does the creator or any one of you guys even know the rule with "manual" change battle position at all. Learn the basics!

Mercenary Plover
Once per turn: You can choose 1 of your unused Main Monster Zones; if a "Mercenary" monster is moved to that zone, you can destroy 1 card in the same column as that zone.
I know the pop doesn't start a chain, but how long and how many times does it APPLY once a monster move to that unused zone? The soft OPT is just activate the effect, not APPLY the pop.
Also, how does it apply within a chain link, for exa: using the 'Mercenary Exchange' and the monster used their quick effect as chain link 2, but was destroyed at chain link 1 by Torrential Tribute?

____

I can go on and on, but I need to stop at some point. The cards are a mess.

Return to “Custom Cards”