Would like to again ask for help with my card (that's art I drew) now that I've recieved/incorperated helpful feedback .

Post your custom made cards in this forum
EsOoalGown

Would like to again ask for help with my card (that's art I drew) now that I've recieved/incorperated helpful feedback .

Post #1 by EsOoalGown » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:51 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=4028422

EDIT: I stupidly didn't even ask what I really need/ would like help with. (I have severe Spelling issues, so pct & ballancing suggestions/improvments are much appriciated!)

Now 1st of all, if your reading this than thnks for taking the time to read my card & hopefully help me! I feel like I need to explain what my cards ment to be (due to my 1st post of this card beign the 1st time I used this part of DB/I have no idea what I am doing), meaning I didn't elaborate on what my cards purpose is. Because of this, many comments I got (due to my cards summoning conditions being similar to nib), were expecting my card to be a new nibiru/ competative hand trap (which it was never intended to be) & so I've recieved an unexpected amount of .. comments of my card not being wht other people wanted.

It's Summon con is the way it is because the lore of the monster is that, as humanity's hearts darken and they fall to the temptation of the 7 Sins, Lilith, mother (& in this case) creator of Fiends is set loose once again and can manipulate & transform the most vile & evil into her servants/kin, with this job being made more easier if humanity truly has fallen/ all op's mons are dark.

Now my intentions for this card is first and formost a boss mon (that's more of a reusable toolbox than your normal unremovable towers or omni negate custom boss mon). I gave it a hand trap kind of nature as aside from my idea for it's lore, I would love it if this card could be a neiche side option against specific decks, or simply as a boss monster for a role play/fiend themed deck.

Now, the gy effect may not be seen as needed, or even that good but, it serves 2 purposes, 1 ''practical'' & the other for lore reasons. A, in a fiend themed deck/casual where u may be summoning the card using your own cards, it beign able to reset all your banished monsters would be very usful. Then B, I imagine it being a hail marry Lilith throws at those who defeated her, as if humanity's dark actions were to servear/ beyond saving than they may have already doomed themselves/ your op may take a lethal amount of burn dmg, OR it could result in a draw instead.

Now things to note about the card. (1), It's GY effect can be dodged around/ won't trigger if Lilith banishing itself for it's 2nd effect for if u would want to play it more as a hand trap. Also, that effect is manditory & you yourself can't negate it if your op only controls dark monsters. (2), the moster is basically a level 12/ is ment to be closer to that power than level 10's, with the idea of her being not as powerful as she once was, hence the weakened stats/2800 atk &being level 11 & not 12.
(3), In most cases she's worse than Nib, but where she exells at is that she isn't bound to being summoned during the MP & has the potential to often be Spell Speed 4 when going 2nd as she can summon herself during the end phase of your opponents 1st turn for ''free'' (as u don't need to banish a card of your own). Then, you can steal potentially your op's most important peice of interuption & banish potential gy monsters they have for future setup/recovery. ( Additionally, unless your op invests in awquard big brain plays, they likley won't be able to prevent the risk of getting burned baddly while dealing with the rest of your board & comboing themselves. So although this effect maynot be practical, it's more to apply pressure to your op & force them into making suboptimal plays to dodge around it. THEN, if they aren't careful enough, u could summon her out ''again''.)

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:58 am

As long as it can Summon itself as a quick effect, it's effectively a boss monster version of Token Collector for DARKs. Regardless, Konami doesn't like quick effects that both steal an opponent's monster and lets you use their effects. I feel like the steal effect shouldn't be useable on both turns
Buy Floowandereeze

EsOoalGown

Post #3 by EsOoalGown » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:06 pm

"greg503"
Fair enough, but just becasue Konami hasn't done something before doesn't mean they are against' it. (Also Enemy Controler/ a quick effect mon steal a thing, no?) Though what you said is fair, I've tried to ballance it around the fact in most instances, u have to banish all monsters you control, so are going quite negative with field advantage, then ontop of that, u have to banish another card from your hand or field for this.
U may be able to get 1 use of it without paying the cost if your op is going 1st, but if this card was real, peeps may be aware of it, and it's really easry to plan around it's spell speed 4 nature, so your op may just negate it's summon effect. And then if u were to try and use it again, u would hve to sacrifice any field u had established inbetween it's use.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #4 by DarwisBellium92 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:33 am

Spell Speed 4 is not a official Konami terms
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:12 am

DarwisBellium92 wrote:Spell Speed 4 is not a official Konami terms

And yet you care about "not a" official Konami cards
Buy Floowandereeze

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #6 by DarwisBellium92 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:30 am

greg503 wrote:

Shut up, loser...
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist

Cit.

Grumozard

Post #7 by Grumozard » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:19 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
greg503 wrote:

Shut up, loser...

In practice he is the dark priscilla 2.0, am I correct?

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #8 by DarwisBellium92 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:08 pm

Grumozard wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:
greg503 wrote:And yet you care about "not a" official Konami cards

Shut up, loser...

In practice he is the dark priscilla 2.0, am I correct?

Wrong, DarkPriscilla is an idiot and loser and... hated me

Cit.

Grumozard

Post #9 by Grumozard » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:15 pm

Right off the bat dislining you is quite easy, from what i have discussed with you seems clear you share the same brain cell.

Slitina

Post #10 by Slitina » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:20 pm

Grumozard wrote:Right off the bat dislining you is quite easy, from what i have discussed with you seems clear you share the same brain cell.

Oh don’t worry about DarwisBellium92 he’s just an angry former Konami janitor.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #11 by DarwisBellium92 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:02 pm

You're all burnt out here, you do something about yourself because you're too toxic for my taste go fuck Slitina and company and, mature yourselves!

Cit.

MarshieDemon

Post #12 by MarshieDemon » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:05 pm

Keep it civil guys. I highly doubt that a topic asking for advice on a custom card requires the level of toxicity I'm seeing.

Head Administrator

Return to “Custom Cards”