Want help ballancing/pct for a custom card (& its art I drew).

Post your custom made cards in this forum

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #2 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:08 pm

So...
Has too much effects for a lv10 DARK and... i see broken that card...
My advices are:
Reduce you to 2 effects and not a quick effect, because that effect applied except during damage step.
Otherwise, i see you an amateur cardmaker, right?
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

greg503

Post #3 by greg503 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:33 pm

PSCT:
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by its own effect. Neither player can activate cards or effects in response to this card's effect activations while your opponent controls two or more DARK monsters. If 6 or more DARK monsters have been Special Summoned this turn (Quick Effect): You can banish all monsters you control and all DARK monsters in both players GY's, except this card (if any); Special Summon this card from your hand or GY. Once while face-up on the field (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 card from your hand or GY, target 1 monster your opponent controls; take control of it, and if you do, it becomes a DARK Fiend. If this card leaves the field by an opponents card: Shuffle all banished cards and monsters you control into the Deck; inflict 300 damage to your opponent for every Fiend monster returned this way. You can only activate each effect of ''Darkmother of Fiends'' once per turn.
Balance suggestions: I don't like the Spell Speed 4 condition, it's wordy, make it always unrespondable, or remove it and let it be able to be negated. It seems like a handtrap for countering DARK strategies, so I get why it hits both GYs, but does it need the stealing effect too? Regardless, the "floating effect" is dumb, it doesn't need the random burn, nor do I see a reason for it to put your opponent's stuff, or you own monsters back into the deck.
Putting it all together we get a card like:
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by its own effect. Neither player can activate cards or effects in response to this card's effect activations. If 6 or more DARK monsters have been Special Summoned this turn (Quick Effect): You can banish all monsters you control and all DARK monsters in both players GY's, except this card (if any); Special Summon this card from your hand or GY. [Some other effect like "negate target monster's effects"]. If this card leaves the field by an opponents card: Shuffle all your banished cards into the Deck. You can only activate each effect of ''Darkmother of Fiends'' once per turn.
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #4 by Cromat » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:13 pm

・Card type: Monster
・Attribute: DARK
・Types: Fiend / Effect
・Level: 11
・ATK / DEF: 3000 / 3000
・Card effect types: Summon, Summon, Quick, Condition, Continuous, Continuous, Quick, Trigger

・Card descriptions;
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by its own effect. If 6 or more DARK monsters have been Special Summoned this turn (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Darkmother of Fiends" once per turn. When this card Summoned by its own effect, cards and effects cannot be activated. While your opponent controls 2 or more DARK monsters, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card's effect activations. Quick Effect: You can banish 1 card from your hand or GY, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; take control of that target while this card is face-up on the field. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field. If this card in its owner's possession is destroyed by an opponent's card: You can shuffle into the Deck, all banished cards, as well as monsters you control, and if you do, inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each returned Fiend monster by this effect.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #5 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:43 pm

Cromat wrote:・Card type: Monster
・Attribute: DARK
・Types: Fiend / Effect
・Level: 11
・ATK / DEF: 3000 / 3000
・Card effect types: Summon, Summon, Quick, Condition, Continuous, Continuous, Quick, Trigger

・Card descriptions;
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by its own effect. If 6 or more DARK monsters have been Special Summoned this turn (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Darkmother of Fiends" once per turn. When this card Summoned by its own effect, cards and effects cannot be activated. While your opponent controls 2 or more DARK monsters, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card's effect activations. Quick Effect: You can banish 1 card from your hand or GY, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; take control of that target while this card is face-up on the field. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field. If this card in its owner's possession is destroyed by an opponent's card: You can shuffle into the Deck, all banished cards, as well as monsters you control, and if you do, inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each returned Fiend monster by this effect.

You forgot a detail:
You can use each effect of "Darkmother of Fiend" once per turn.
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist

Cit.

Cromat

Post #6 by Cromat » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:28 pm

No, I didn't forget. I made the card totally useable at Advanced (Rated) Section by fixing the unnecessary and nonsense parts of card text. And the text is perfectly fine.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #7 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:27 pm

Cromat wrote:No, I didn't forget. I made the card totally useable at Advanced (Rated) Section by fixing the unnecessary and nonsense parts of card text. And the text is perfectly fine.

I would have preferred a kind of "DARK Nibiru" a little better, but ok.

Cit.

Return to “Custom Cards”