Soulstrings

Post your custom made cards in this forum
tst12041

Soulstrings

Post #1 by tst12041 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:00 pm

Level 2 monsters which equip fusions, synchros and xyz monsters from the GY and absorb their stats. Their spells/traps can send non-effect fusion/synchros/xyz from the ED to the GY.

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=12963333 cards list
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=12965117 deck example

Rate?

james123
Mood:

Post #2 by james123 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:33 pm

since you have 1 of Futuregamer's cards, are you bascially his successor?

KTeknis

Post #3 by KTeknis » Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:09 am

james123 wrote:since you have 1 of Futuregamer's cards, are you bascially his successor?

Try checking FG's blog (specifically his part 2 of his custom archetype post), and you find some this tst guy's card there.
But if this guy's really what I think it is, then.... I'm unsure of what to say.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

tst12041

Post #4 by tst12041 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:09 pm

Setting aside my mysterious identity that no one could possibly guess, thoughts on the cards?

Rocket2

Post #5 by Rocket2 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:33 am

KTeknis wrote:
james123 wrote:since you have 1 of Futuregamer's cards, are you bascially his successor?

Try checking FG's blog (specifically his part 2 of his custom archetype post), and you find some this tst guy's card there.
But if this guy's really what I think it is, then.... I'm unsure of what to say.

Well obviously its Futuregamer. He need a new one since his primary one got banned.

tst12041 wrote:Setting aside my mysterious identity that no one could possibly guess, thoughts on the cards?

You had gotten worse, FG. In design, power, psct, & rulings. Quite a comedy really. Before I start pointing out your many mistakes, let me first said that you have been BSing with your rules for a long time now, both in your original and current accounts' cards.

PSCT. For monster in the Spell & Trap Zone, we said "Monster Card", like Crystal Beast and Therion. Using "monster" only, especially in the context being on the field, meant they are in the Monster Zones.

Ex Machina.
Pathetic. Pay LP, then gain back the same amount later. This one stand out like a sore thumb, as its 1st effect is different from the other 4 Main Deck monsters. You missed Quick-Effect psct in her last eff too.

Red Line.
Maybe this one stand out just as bad. Like, that's it? Also, you cut too much words. Used the modern "...attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage."

Accia.
Why this one give the same protection like the Field?

Kukla.
Best said "2 or more monsters of different Types". If we take your current words literally, once the monster got all Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz, the Quick-Effect is NOT apply.

Show-Don't-Tell.
Is it a trigger or ignition for its 2nd eff? If it is the former, add the psct (except during the Damage Step).

Soulstring Stuffing.
"...Fusion, Synchro and Xyz Monter". Its "Monster", not Monter.

Tinkering.
This is the worse of them all, and you should be ashamed of yourself. "You can discard this card" .....in a Trap. What does that even mean here? A handtrap. Spell Speed 2 during your turn in your hand, but not a handtrap that work on any player turn. Are you that desperate to send Non-Effect Monster to the GY that you have to BS your way to do it. How pitiful.

But there's more. "You can target 1 monster equipped to a "Soulstring" monster you control; return it to the hand, then equip 1 Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Monster from your GY that "Soulstring" monster." Who's it? The equipped monster, or the monster that is treated as an Equip Card. Again, used "Monster Card" for those in the Spell & Trap Zone. Another thing, you missed "to" between "GY that". Now let drill this deeper so that you can understand your fat mistake.

If we consider 'it' (who is also the targeted card) to be the "Soulstring" monster in the Monster Zone, then it made zero sense, as bounced it to the hand will not let the Fusion/Synchro/Xyz to equip to anything.

If we consider 'it' to be the "Equip Card" equipped to a "Soulstring" monster, then 1st we bounce back the Equip Card to the Extra Deck (most likely, bec it can also be a Union Monster, etc), but if that is the case, the "then equip" DOES NOT apply, because the Fusion/Synchro/Xyz was bounced back to the DECK, not HAND. FAIL!!!

Let take a great example in explaining what I'd meant: El Shaddoll Apkallone. According to https://db.ygorganization.com/qa#22908 , since the Fusion was returned to the Extra Deck, the "then" part fail to be met, so no discard 1 card. (Sidetrack a bit here, but that Apkallone's effect recycling their Fusion with zero drawback is just brilliant!)

Orexia.
And the archetype's theme is ruined. Why the hell is there an Xyz, in a theme that focus on using Fusion, Synchro, Xyz as fodder? I can maybe understand the Link Monster, but not this one. Mandatory equip? Why is this one used "..equal to the combined ATK/DEF of all..." which is different from the others? Is that supposed to meant something else entirely.

"If your opponent activates a Spell/Trap: You can detach 1 material from this card; banish that card, .....". There are so many thing wrong with this one. You missed another Quick-Effect psct again.
Is it Spell/Trap Card or effect; or Spell/Trap Card only (probably this one)? You have no choice but to add the word "Card", similar to how many Counter Traps in the game does not actually negate everything. (Yes, I am aware this is not a negation Quick-Effect, but you get the idea.)
And, who is 'that card' in this context? Because earlier it said, "... 1 material from this card". So, it banish itself? If not, then made it clear its the opponent's Spell/Trap Card.

Houndette.
Well, at least her text length is much shorter now.

Basic Dragon.
This is not Soulstring, but just why. We already got Naturia Leodrake with the same ATK.

Conclusion.
Once again, you had gotten worse, FG, but that put a smile on my face :). Keep posting.
Last edited by Rocket2 on Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:35 am, edited 32 times in total.

KTeknis

Post #6 by KTeknis » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:41 am

Rocket2 wrote:Well obviously its Futuregamer. He need a new one since his primary one got banned.

I know that he's that guy's alt, I'm just questioning the legality of this account since the original one is banned.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

tst12041

Post #7 by tst12041 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:21 pm

Rocket2 wrote:
KTeknis wrote:

Well obviously its Futuregamer. He need a new one since his primary one got banned.

tst12041 wrote:Setting aside my mysterious identity that no one could possibly guess, thoughts on the cards?

You had gotten worse, FG. In design, power, psct, & rulings. Quite a comedy really. Before I start pointing out your many mistakes, let me first said that you have been BSing with your rules for a long time now, both in your original and current accounts' cards.

PSCT. For monster in the Spell & Trap Zone, we said "Monster Card", like Crystal Beast and Therion. Using "monster" only, especially in the context being on the field, meant they are in the Monster Zones.

Ex Machina.
Pathetic. Pay LP, then gain back the same amount later. This one stand out like a sore thumb, as its 1st effect is different from the other 4 Main Deck monsters. You missed Quick-Effect psct in her last eff too.

Red Line.
Maybe this one stand out just as bad. Like, that's it? Also, you cut too much words. Used the modern "...attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage."

Accia.
Why this one give the same protection like the Field?

Kukla.
Best said "2 or more monsters of different Types". If we take your current words literally, once the monster got all Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz, the Quick-Effect is NOT apply.

Show-Don't-Tell.
Is it a trigger or ignition for its 2nd eff? If it is the former, add the psct (except during the Damage Step).

Soulstring Stuffing.
"...Fusion, Synchro and Xyz Monter". Its "Monster", not Monter.

Tinkering.
This is the worse of them all, and you should be ashamed of yourself. "You can discard this card" .....in a Trap. What does that even mean here? A handtrap. Spell Speed 2 during your turn in your hand, but not a handtrap that work on any player turn. Are you that desperate to send Non-Effect Monster to the GY that you have to BS your way to do it. How pitiful.

But there's more. "You can target 1 monster equipped to a "Soulstring" monster you control; return it to the hand, then equip 1 Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Monster from your GY that "Soulstring" monster." Who's it? The equipped monster, or the monster that is treated as an Equip Card. Again, used "Monster Card" for those in the Spell & Trap Zone. Another thing, you missed "to" between "GY that". Now let drill this deeper so that you can understand your fat mistake.

If we consider 'it' (who is also the targeted card) to be the "Soulstring" monster in the Monster Zone, then it made zero sense, as bounced it to the hand will not let the Fusion/Synchro/Xyz to equip to anything.

If we consider 'it' to be the "Equip Card" equipped to a "Soulstring" monster, then 1st we bounce back the Equip Card to the Extra Deck (most likely, bec it can also be a Union Monster, etc), but if that is the case, the "then equip" DOES NOT apply, because the Fusion/Synchro/Xyz was bounced back to the DECK, not HAND. FAIL!!!

Let take a great example in explaining what I'd meant: El Shaddoll Apkallone. According to https://db.ygorganization.com/qa#22908 , since the Fusion was returned to the Extra Deck, the "then" part fail to be met, so no discard 1 card. (Sidetrack a bit here, but that Apkallone's effect recycling their Fusion with zero drawback is just brilliant!)

Orexia.
And the archetype's theme is ruined. Why the hell is there an Xyz, in a theme that focus on using Fusion, Synchro, Xyz as fodder? I can maybe understand the Link Monster, but not this one. Mandatory equip? Why is this one used "..equal to the combined ATK/DEF of all..." which is different from the others? Is that supposed to meant something else entirely.

"If your opponent activates a Spell/Trap: You can detach 1 material from this card; banish that card, .....". There are so many thing wrong with this one. You missed another Quick-Effect psct again.
Is it Spell/Trap Card or effect; or Spell/Trap Card only (probably this one)? You have no choice but to add the word "Card", similar to how many Counter Traps in the game does not actually negate everything. (Yes, I am aware this is not a negation Quick-Effect, but you get the idea.)
And, who is 'that card' in this context? Because earlier it said, "... 1 material from this card". So, it banish itself? If not, then made it clear its the opponent's Spell/Trap Card.

Houndette.
Well, at least her text length is much shorter now.

Basic Dragon.
This is not Soulstring, but just why. We already got Naturia Leodrake with the same ATK.

Conclusion.
Once again, you had gotten worse, FG, but that put a smile on my face :). Keep posting.

Ooph, lots of pent-up aggression in there.

Ex Machina: Well she discards herself to provide essentially no advantage, so it's fine if she pays back her cost somehow.
Red Line: Pretty sure people can make out what "X" monsters inflict piercing damage means without adding another whole sentence to it.
Accia: You're right, fixed.
Kukkla: No it doesn't. It would need the word "exactly" to mean that it can only trigger on 2 and not more.
Field Spell: It is a trigger effect but why limit it like that for no reason? (also how would a monster get equipped to the archetype during the damage step anyway?)
Stuffing: Sure, fixed.
Tinkering: It's a trap, it's a Spell Speed 2 regardless of timing, also what's the issue with that? It doesn't provide advantage or anything. You are right about the bounce part though, changed it.
Orexia: Don't think too hard about her. She's generic for a reason. Also no, you don't add the word "card" next to Spell/Trap unless you're saying "Spell/Trap Card or effect".
Houndette:...Compared to...?
Basic Dragon: It was a Level 8 thing. He was made for another deck and I just threw him in here too.

As for adding the words "Quick Effect" to triggered effects, it's a personal choice of mine not to do so. Seems pointless to me.

Rocket2

Post #8 by Rocket2 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:37 am

tst12041 wrote:Ooph, lots of pent-up aggression in there.

Ex Machina: Well she discards herself to provide essentially no advantage, so it's fine if she pays back her cost somehow.
Red Line: Pretty sure people can make out what "X" monsters inflict piercing damage means without adding another whole sentence to it.
Accia: You're right, fixed.
Kukkla: No it doesn't. It would need the word "exactly" to mean that it can only trigger on 2 and not more.
Field Spell: It is a trigger effect but why limit it like that for no reason? (also how would a monster get equipped to the archetype during the damage step anyway?)
Stuffing: Sure, fixed.
Tinkering: It's a trap, it's a Spell Speed 2 regardless of timing, also what's the issue with that? It doesn't provide advantage or anything. You are right about the bounce part though, changed it.
Orexia: Don't think too hard about her. She's generic for a reason. Also no, you don't add the word "card" next to Spell/Trap unless you're saying "Spell/Trap Card or effect".
Houndette:...Compared to...?
Basic Dragon: It was a Level 8 thing. He was made for another deck and I just threw him in here too.

As for adding the words "Quick Effect" to triggered effects, it's a personal choice of mine not to do so. Seems pointless to me.

Throughout my years here, I had seen so many "experience" custom maker idiots (let said those who made over 500 cards), to this day still don't know the difference between Quick-Effect and Trigger Effect, and apparently you are one of those fools. (Should I be surprised by this at this point.)

Even though I want to continue trash talking you in sooooooo many things, I had used enough of my time in that last review, so I will just said this, compare 'Borreload Savage Dragon' and 'Pacifis, the Phantasm City'.

Stay terrible FG.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #9 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:24 pm

I hear senseless levels of hate, drama and cringe nosense here… -_-

PS: Futuregamer is a bad cardmaker...
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

james123
Mood:

Post #10 by james123 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:23 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:I hear senseless levels of hate, drama and cringe nosense here… -_-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfJzUT1clZE

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #11 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:38 pm

james123 wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:I hear senseless levels of hate, drama and cringe nosense here… -_-

Dude, no effect the memes on me, thanks~
I see you a pretty retarded xD
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

james123
Mood:

Post #12 by james123 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:16 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
james123 wrote:

Dude, no effect the memes on me, thanks~
I see you a pretty retarded xD

There is Effect

Return to “Custom Cards”