What to AVOID when making a Custom Card

Post your custom made cards in this forum
james123
User avatar
Posts: 774
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:56 am
Reputation: 69
Mood:

Re: What to AVOID when making a Custom Card

Post #21 by james123 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:11 pm

Christen57 wrote:
It's literally stated that Konami wanted illusion monsters to share the common effect of preventing themselves and monsters that battle them from being destroyed, like how illusions in general are, like, literally illusions and hallucinations and whatnot, meaning they can't normally affect us physically while we can't normally affect them. https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Illusion

https://ygorganization.com/nightmareinachildrenscardgame/
Well, that was now Subverted by the Normal Monster, Jongleur-Ghoul Illusionist
Last edited by james123 on Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Christen57
User avatar
Posts: 2043
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 pm
Reputation: 186
Location: New York, United States of America

Post #22 by Christen57 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:26 pm

james123 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
It's literally stated that Konami wanted illusion monsters to share the common effect of preventing themselves and monsters that battle them from being destroyed, like how illusions in general are, like, literally illusions and hallucinations and whatnot, meaning they can't normally affect us physically while we can't normally affect them. https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Illusion

https://ygorganization.com/nightmareinachildrenscardgame/
Well, that was now Subverted by the Normal Monster, Illusionist of Jongleurghoul


Nice! A normal illusion monster.

So the normal illusion monsters won't have that battle protection while the effect illusions still will.

Reactor
User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:01 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Island's Beauty
Contact:

Post #23 by Reactor » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:57 am

james123 wrote:Image


Yup, that's the kind of reply I expected from you. I think we found the next CrystalMusic here.

@WOLFINSTRUMENTALS: A whole deck depending on 1 sole card is an extremely vulnerable deck. Once that 1 card is nailed, there goes your game. If you still want to stroll down this lane, use external protection for the card. "Cannot leave the field" "Uneffected by cards or effects" etc. unconditionally is way too overpowered, unless it's a boss monster.

Oh ye...almost forgot. I just leave this here:

Image
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
"Marine! Er...never mind..."
TRANSMISSION ENDS

james123
User avatar
Posts: 774
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:56 am
Reputation: 69
Mood:

Post #24 by james123 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:02 pm

Reactor wrote:
james123 wrote:Image


Yup, that's the kind of reply I expected from you. I think we found the next CrystalMusic here.

@WOLFINSTRUMENTALS: A whole deck depending on 1 sole card is an extremely vulnerable deck. Once that 1 card is nailed, there goes your game. If you still want to stroll down this lane, use external protection for the card. "Cannot leave the field" "Uneffected by cards or effects" etc. unconditionally is way too overpowered, unless it's a boss monster.

Oh ye...almost forgot. I just leave this here:

Image

DIE!!!!
*Throws Grenade at you*

james123
User avatar
Posts: 774
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:56 am
Reputation: 69
Mood:

Post #25 by james123 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:02 pm

Reactor wrote:
james123 wrote:Image


Yup, that's the kind of reply I expected from you. I think we found the next CrystalMusic here.

@WOLFINSTRUMENTALS: A whole deck depending on 1 sole card is an extremely vulnerable deck. Once that 1 card is nailed, there goes your game. If you still want to stroll down this lane, use external protection for the card. "Cannot leave the field" "Uneffected by cards or effects" etc. unconditionally is way too overpowered, unless it's a boss monster.

Oh ye...almost forgot. I just leave this here:

Image

DIE!!!!
*Throws Grenade at Reactor*

Reactor
User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:01 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Island's Beauty
Contact:

Post #26 by Reactor » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:14 pm

"Waiter! I'd like my duelist extra salty, please!"

Too bad you can't block me here :( well, I can...
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
"Marine! Er...never mind..."
TRANSMISSION ENDS

james123
User avatar
Posts: 774
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:56 am
Reputation: 69
Mood:

Post #27 by james123 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:44 pm

Reactor wrote:"Waiter! I'd like my duelist extra salty, please!"

Too bad you can't block me here :( well, I can...

*Some dude's Boot shows up*

WOLFINSTRUMENTALS
User avatar
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:48 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Inside a golden fleece and iron thorns

Post #28 by WOLFINSTRUMENTALS » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:10 pm

Christen57 wrote:
WOLFINSTRUMENTALS wrote:Both the two first entries seem very pretentious. Not using Divine cards, says who? Some of the guidelines are great but having the pornographic one below all the rest is odd.


What do you mean by pretentious?

Also, Divine attribute and Divine-Beast type were meant for Egyptian Gods and their related cards, so it just wouldn't be right to give random custom monsters, completely unrelated to the Egyptian Gods, the Divine attribute / Divine-Beast typing.
Pretentious like you are some sort of divine authority on creating no divine cards at all. Like it should be a rule or some sort. By that logic, we cannot use any type without having a few good reasons depicting from the anime to do so, which is a nice rule but how you wrote it shows like you're showing off little.

Fredblade
User avatar
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:01 am
Reputation: 46
Mood:

Post #29 by Fredblade » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:02 pm

WOLFINSTRUMENTALS wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
WOLFINSTRUMENTALS wrote:Both the two first entries seem very pretentious. Not using Divine cards, says who? Some of the guidelines are great but having the pornographic one below all the rest is odd.


What do you mean by pretentious?

Also, Divine attribute and Divine-Beast type were meant for Egyptian Gods and their related cards, so it just wouldn't be right to give random custom monsters, completely unrelated to the Egyptian Gods, the Divine attribute / Divine-Beast typing.
Pretentious like you are some sort of divine authority on creating no divine cards at all. Like it should be a rule or some sort. By that logic, we cannot use any type without having a few good reasons depicting from the anime to do so, which is a nice rule but how you wrote it shows like you're showing off little.


I mean there's nothing impeding you of making a divine deck but even Konami in their 25 years of making this game has never made a Divine Beast card that isn't an Egiptian God or a form of them; even cards that are stated to have a divine status in the anime such as the GX Sacred Beasts and the 5D's Aesir Gods get their types changed to be just regular monsters when printed into the actual game.
Part of making good customs is to make something feel believable, maybe artwork and theme wise might be difficult to do unless you're a very talented artist, but otherwise you have to make up with what you have access to; but you can certainly make your customs feel believable from a mechanical standpoint, and that means respecting some of the "unspoken rules" of card design.

In short, you can make divine beast cards if you want, it's just that people aren't going to think you're doing something cool, but rather something childish.

SkibidiHookah
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:11 pm
Reputation: 0

Post #30 by SkibidiHookah » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:16 pm

Fredblade wrote:
WOLFINSTRUMENTALS wrote:
Christen57 wrote:I mean there's nothing impeding you of making a divine deck but even Konami in their 25 years of making this game has never made a Divine Beast card that isn't an Egiptian God or a form of them; even cards that are stated to have a divine status in the anime such as the GX Sacred Beasts and the 5D's Aesir Gods get their types changed to be just regular monsters when printed into the actual game.
Part of making good customs is to make something feel believable, maybe artwork and theme wise might be difficult to do unless you're a very talented artist, but otherwise you have to make up with what you have access to; but you can certainly make your customs feel believable from a mechanical standpoint, and that means respecting some of the "unspoken rules" of card design.

In short, you can make divine beast cards if you want, it's just that people aren't going to think you're doing something cool, but rather something childish.

Yeah well, Konami is ass. And at that, they DID make divine an alignment in the Gameboy era and it was all the ritual monsters.

A much more enjoyable experience that all cards inherently had first-strike and deathtouch against another alignment, and effects basically tapped the monster where they had to choose to attack, or use it's effect. Noone would've cared if Dragoon was a contact-fusion if it could only do it's destruction-burn at the cost of it attacking for the turn, never even conceived it's omni-negate because "that's what counter-traps are for". If Phoenix Enforcer was so much slower, really only being able to self-destruct and respawn during your turns, Swordsouls being way slower probably being much more confined as fusions demanding Warriors as prequisites. I could go on.

Fredblade
User avatar
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:01 am
Reputation: 46
Mood:

Post #31 by Fredblade » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:18 am

Stuff like this as well
https://imgur.com/a/Wtw3azT

Grumozard
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:35 pm
Reputation: 0

Post #32 by Grumozard » Thu May 02, 2024 8:35 am

https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=15474

It Is no longer mandatory for Illusion monsters to not destroy or not being destroyed by battle.

#Freeillusions

greg503
User avatar
Posts: 2356
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:43 pm
Reputation: 201
Location: Flundereeze

Post #33 by greg503 » Thu May 02, 2024 6:49 pm

Grumozard wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=15474

It Is no longer mandatory for Illusion monsters to not destroy or not being destroyed by battle.

#Freeillusions

No
Buy Floowandereeze

james123
User avatar
Posts: 774
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:56 am
Reputation: 69
Mood:

Post #34 by james123 » Fri May 03, 2024 9:58 am

greg503 wrote:
Grumozard wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=15474

It Is no longer mandatory for Illusion monsters to not destroy or not being destroyed by battle.

#Freeillusions

No

...The world needs it

Grumozard
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:35 pm
Reputation: 0

Post #35 by Grumozard » Fri May 03, 2024 1:34 pm

For sure now the world can avoid that when making customs:

"If you’re gonna make an Illusion monster, make sure you give it “If this card battles a monster, neither can be destroyed by that battle.”, “Monsters cannot be destroyed by battle with this card."

ihateyubel
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 06, 2024 8:29 pm
Reputation: 1

Post #36 by ihateyubel » Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:04 am

Reactor wrote:
james123 wrote:Image


Yup, that's the kind of reply I expected from you. I think we found the next CrystalMusic here.

@WOLFINSTRUMENTALS: A whole deck depending on 1 sole card is an extremely vulnerable deck. Once that 1 card is nailed, there goes your game. If you still want to stroll down this lane, use external protection for the card. "Cannot leave the field" "Uneffected by cards or effects" etc. unconditionally is way too overpowered, unless it's a boss monster.

Oh ye...almost forgot. I just leave this here:

Image

yubel marks more than 5 of them

ihateyubel
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 06, 2024 8:29 pm
Reputation: 1

Post #37 by ihateyubel » Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:11 am

Reactor wrote:
james123 wrote:Image


Yup, that's the kind of reply I expected from you. I think we found the next CrystalMusic here.

@WOLFINSTRUMENTALS: A whole deck depending on 1 sole card is an extremely vulnerable deck. Once that 1 card is nailed, there goes your game. If you still want to stroll down this lane, use external protection for the card. "Cannot leave the field" "Uneffected by cards or effects" etc. unconditionally is way too overpowered, unless it's a boss monster.

Oh ye...almost forgot. I just leave this here:

Image

Image


Return to “Custom Cards”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests