Broken or Under?

Post your custom made cards in this forum
| Hanverid |
Mood:

Broken or Under?

Post #1 by | Hanverid | » Sun May 07, 2023 1:59 am

Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Sun May 07, 2023 3:17 am

Why either GY?
Buy Floowandereeze

| Hanverid |
Mood:

Post #3 by | Hanverid | » Mon May 08, 2023 1:13 am

Sometimes the opponent might use a really good Normal Trap card, so this effect takes advantage of that.
Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Mon May 08, 2023 2:04 am

Ok, but can we word it like Graverobber, I feel like there should be a LP cost for using your opponent's resources against them.
Buy Floowandereeze

| Hanverid |
Mood:

Post #5 by | Hanverid | » Wed May 10, 2023 3:06 am

I've never read the effect of Graverobber. Thanks for the feedback greg503!

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #6 by Fredblade » Wed May 10, 2023 8:18 pm

You can just add infinite impermanence after using it so it's like effectively drawing 2 copies of it since Imperm is not once per turn. You could also add Evenly Matched so let's say you go second and open this card + evenly, then you try to evenly the opponent's board but they negate it, then you can just use that custom to add it back (if it wasn't banished or sent somewhere else after being negated) and use it again, making it so they must have at least 2 negates to play around it.
So my suggestions to change it out would be doing at least 1 of the following:
1) You make it so you can't activate cards with the same original name as the trap card added, so you can still add imperm or evenly to the hand, but they can't be used again for that turn.
2) You make it so it sets the card instead of adding it to the hand, preventing the player from using evenly or imperm twice as trap cards cannot be activated the same turn they were set.
3) You remove the activation from hand, that way it has to be set before activating.

Also the card can be used as a better D.D Crow, so let's say your opponent is playing a deck that consist of sending cards to the GY and they have a normal trap card with an important GY effect, you can use your custom to disrupt as it adds the card to your hand instead of banishing it, making it harder for your opponent to interact with as interacting with the opponent's hand is rare, so, if you're going to give the option of stealing an opponent's trap, at least remove the activation from hand thing and make it so it has to be set like a regular trap, if you're going to keep the activation from hand, then just limit the card to your own GY.

Yugigeek00
Mood:

Post #7 by Yugigeek00 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:03 pm

https://photos.app.goo.gl/azfvky5hufMYCbZd8
Is this card too broken or underpowered? As Skill cards aren't on DuelingBook yet. i've had to make it in Paint.net
Credit to Illusion and Koikatsu Party for my 3D avatar picture. 8-)

greg503

Post #8 by greg503 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:16 pm

Yugigeek00 wrote:https://photos.app.goo.gl/azfvky5hufMYCbZd8
Is this card too broken or underpowered? As Skill cards aren't on DuelingBook yet. i've had to make it in Paint.net

It could be a once per turn and probably still be fine given its requirements. Controlling less monsters than your opponent and (presumably) only affecting monsters you control at the time it resolves means only one or two monsters get buffed (usually one). Speed Duels don't have EMZs yet, right?
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Custom Cards”