New Custom Archetype: Fallen Angels

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Anarking

New Custom Archetype: Fallen Angels

Post #1 by Anarking » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:43 am

Inspired my favorite deck at the time darklords, I went and made a deck similar to it but with a monarch style of play. The first archetype i ever created years ago, so I tried to make it both balanced and powerful. Tell me your thoughts on it.

P.S. Dont worry about the decklist. It's been untouched since i first made it and the cards are more important anyways.

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=12964775

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:08 pm

Altar of the Fallen Angels can be shortened from:
There can only be 1 "Altar of the Fallen Angels" on your side of the field. You can Tribute Summon "Fallen Angel" monsters with 1 less tribute. If "The Fallen Angel's Domain" and this card are face-up on your side of the field, You can have your opponent pay the cost to activate a "Fallen Angel" card's effect. This effect cannot be used if it would cause your opponent's LP to be 0.
to:
You can only control 1 "Altar of the Fallen Angels". You can Normal Summon "Fallen Angel" monsters for 1 less Tribute. If you control "The Fallen Angel's Domain" and would pay LP to activate a "Fallen Angel" card or effect, you can pay that much of your opponent's LP instead.

There is no such thing as tribute summoning without tributing, unless an effect explicitly says otherwise. Any normal summon that doesn't involve tributing first is simply a normal summon, so "can Tribute Summon" must be changed to "can Normal Summon". Also, Tribute is always capitalized, as well as the other forms of the word Tribute such as Tributing, Tributes, and Tributed.

I currently don't know how Konami would word that last effect but this is currently how I'd word it. I also don't think the "cannot cause opponent's LP to be 0" thing is necessary. Just remember that a player can't pay any pre-defined amount of LP if he has less than that amount to pay, so you can't activate Solemn Strike when you have less than 1500 LP, for example.

Fallen Angel Drexie should be buffed from:
If this Tribute Summoned card is sent to the GY, gain 500 LP during the end phase of this turn for each "Fallen Angel" card in your GY.
to:
You can Tribute Summon this card by Tributing 1 "Fallen Angel" monster. During the End Phase, if this card is in the GY because it was sent there from the field this turn: Gain 500 LP for each card in your GY.

The current effect is too weak, and isn't clear if it activates immediately upon being sent to the graveyard, or waits until the end phase, after being sent to the graveyard, before activating. This change I suggest fixes those.

Grace of the Fallen Angels should be corrected from:
Pay 1000 LP: Send 1 "Fallen Angel" monster from your hand or side of the field; Draw 2 cards. You can only activate "Grace of the Fallen Angels" once per turn.
to:
Send 1 "Fallen Angel" monster from your hand or field to the GY and pay 1000 LP; draw 2 cards. You can only activate 1 "Grace of the Fallen Angels" per turn.

It needs to be specified that the monster gets sent to the graveyard for cost, as the current effect just "sends" for cost but doesn't specify where you're sending to. Also, the sentence before and after the cost (semi-colon) are considered a single sentence, so you don't need to capitalize "draw" here.

Also, spell and trap cards with hard once per turn card activation restrictions are worded as "You can only activate 1 X per turn" not "You can only activate X once per turn".

Fallen Angel Lucifer can be shortened from:
This Tribute Summoned card is unaffected by other cards' effects, except "Fallen Angel" cards. Once per turn, you can destroy cards on the field equal to the number of monsters used for this card's summon. If this monster destroys a card by battle or card effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Fallen Angel" monster from your deck or GY except "Fallen Angel Lucifer". If this card was Tribute Summoned, the monster summoned by this is treated as being Tribute Summoned.
to:
This Tribute Summoned card is unaffected by other cards' effects except "Fallen Angel" cards. Once per turn: You can destroy cards on the field equal to the number of cards Tributed for this card's Tribute Summon. If this card destroys a card, even during the Damage Step: You can Special Summon 1 "Fallen Angel" monster from your Deck/GY except "Fallen Angel Lucifer".

There should be a colon : after "Once per turn" so it's clear that effect activates, not a comma. The other activated effect can be worded like how I suggest since it's treated as destroying a card if it destroys a card by battle or by its own effect. Lastly, I don't think it's necessary to treat the special summon as specifically a tribute summon, as I'm also suggesting changes to make the archetype's monsters in general less reliant on being tribute summoned.

Fallen Angel Orion should be changed from:
Once per turn (Quick Effect), when a card or effect is activated: Pay 1000 LP; negate that card or effect. If this card was Tribute Summoned you can use this effect up to twice per turn.
to:
Once per turn, when a card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): Pay 1000 LP; negate that effect. If this card was Special Summoned by "Fallen Angel" monster effect or Tribute Summoned, this effect can be used up to twice per turn.

This is how to properly word a quick effect. Also you can just say "negate that effect" here without including "card or".

Fallen Angel Palia can be buffed from:
If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can return 1 card on the field to their owner's hand. If this card was Tribute Summoned, you can return it to the deck instead.
to:
If this card or another monster(s) is destroyed by battle: You can return 1 card on the field to the hand, or you can shuffle that card on the field into the Deck if this card was Special Summoned by "Fallen Angel" monster effect or Tribute Summoned.

Fallen Angel Servant Urta should be buffed from:
If you control a Tribute Summoned monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. A "Fallen Angel" monster Tribute Summoned using this card as tribute gains this effect: This card is unaffected by Spell or Trap effects that target this card.
to:
If you control no cards or a Tribute Summoned monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). A "Fallen Angel" monster Normal Summoned by Tributing this card is un-targetable by Spell/Trap effects.

Using a comma before "you can Special Summon" and then putting "from your hand" in parentheses indicates that the effect doesn't activate.

Fallen Angel Servant Kersha should be buffed from:
If your opponent controls more monsters than you do, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. A "Fallen Angel" monster Tribute Summoned using this card as tribute gains this effect: This card gain atk equal to its level x 100.
to:
If you control no cards or your opponent controls more monsters than you do, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). A "Fallen Angel" monster Normal Summoned by Tributing this card gains 1000 ATK.

Fallen Angel Servant Porito should be buffed from:
If your opponent controls a Special Summoned monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. A "Fallen Angel" monster Tribute Summoned using this card as tribute gains this effect: This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects.
to:
If you control no cards or your opponent controls more monsters than you do, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). A "Fallen Angel" monster Normal Summoned by Tributing this card cannot be destroyed by effects.

Fallen Angel Servant Xervin can be buffed from:
If your opponent has more LP than you, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. A "Fallen Angel" monster Tribute Summoned using this card as tribute gains this effect: If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, Draw 1 card.
to:
If you control no cards or your opponent has more LP than you do, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If this card is Tributed for a "Fallen Angel" monster's Tribute Summon: Draw 3 cards.

Fallen Angel Presnir can be buffed from:
"Fallen Angel" Spell and Trap cards you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponents' card effects. While you control this Tribute Summoned card, If a "Fallen Angel" monster(s) you control would be destroyed, you can tribute 1 "Fallen Angel" monster you control or in your hand instead.
to:
Spells/Traps you control cannot be targeted by or destroyed by your opponent's effects. If a "Fallen Angel" monster(s) you control would be destroyed, you can Tribute 1 "Fallen Angel" monster from your hand/field instead. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 LP; add 1 "Fallen Angel" monster from your Deck or GY to your hand.

Fallen Angel's Summoning can be shortened from:
Pay 1000 LP: Special Summon 1 "Fallen Angel" monster from your hand. If you control a Tribute Summoned monster, you can Special Summon from the hand, deck, or GY instead.
to:
Pay 1000 LP; Special Summon 1 "Fallen Angel" monster from your hand, or from your hand/Deck/GY if you control a Tribute Summoned "Fallen Angel" monster.

The Fallen Angel's Domain should be buffed from:
When this card is activated, you can add 1 "Fallen Angel" card from your deck to your hand. While your LP is higher than your opponent's, You can use 1 monster your opponent controls as material for a Tribute Summon. You can only use this effect of "The Fallen Angel's Domain" once per turn. While your LP is lower than your opponent's, you do not have to pay LP to activate your "Fallen Angel" cards' effects.
to:
When this card is activated: You can add 1 "Fallen Angel" card from your Deck or GY to your hand, and if you do, you can shuffle any number of "Fallen Angel" cards from your GY into the Deck. You can only activate 1 "The Fallen Angel's Domain" per turn. If you would Tribute a monster(s) for a "Fallen Angel" monster's Tribute Summon while your LP exceed your opponent's, you can Tribute a monster(s) they control even though you do not control them.

Monsters tributed for any tribute or ritual summon are not treated as being used as "tribute material" or anything like that. The term "material" is reserved for fusions, synchros, xyzs, and links. I also don't think the "do not have to pay LP" effect is necessary here since you already have that other card that lets you pay your opponent's LP for your costs instead of your own.

The rest of the Fallen Angel cards in this archetype can probably be deleted and replaced with semi-generic / staple support cards, as these Fallen Angels I've looked at seem to be enough for this archetype to function decently.

Return to “Custom Cards”