GX Archetype Spotlight: Summoned Beasts

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Skyonator

GX Archetype Spotlight: Summoned Beasts

Post #1 by Skyonator » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:42 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=12344121
GX Era
Lore: Pretty short^^ Avaroz is a powerfull summoner and can summon mighty beasts that aid him in battle

Tactic: Also pretty short cause...play Avaroz and use him to bring out your Summoned Beasts. Protect Avaroz and use to field spell to fill your board with Monsters and overpower your opponent.

Im planning on creating normal deck monsters, except Avaroz, for this too. Something like summoner apprentices that can ss weaker summoned beasts from deck/extra deck.

So what are your thoughts?
Hey Christen57^^ before you look at it maybe consider giving me a true rundown and a "dont make them ragequit" rundown^^ Would be cool :D
Im a german custom cards creator.
I mostly create "oldschool" Decks settled in either the DM, GX or 5Ds era.

Dont judge me for my bad english :D

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:01 pm

Skyonator wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=12344121
GX Era
Lore: Pretty short^^ Avaroz is a powerfull summoner and can summon mighty beasts that aid him in battle

Tactic: Also pretty short cause...play Avaroz and use him to bring out your Summoned Beasts. Protect Avaroz and use to field spell to fill your board with Monsters and overpower your opponent.

Im planning on creating normal deck monsters, except Avaroz, for this too. Something like summoner apprentices that can ss weaker summoned beasts from deck/extra deck.

So what are your thoughts?
Hey Christen57^^ before you look at it maybe consider giving me a true rundown and a "dont make them ragequit" rundown^^ Would be cool :D

Let me get this straight, you think that an on summon Trunade/Duster variant, turn 1 hand rip, and repeatable monster removal is "GX era"?
Buy Floowandereeze

Skyonator

Post #3 by Skyonator » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:28 pm

Let me get this straight greg503 i dont think anything. I want to create a nice Deck for the GX Era and i post it here so i get feedback about balancing or other aspects. So if you want to say that its too strong maybe gimme an alternative/nerfed effect.

UberTrainerMinusInfinity

Post #4 by UberTrainerMinusInfinity » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:42 pm

Oh, where's Christen57 when you need him? >_<

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:18 am

Skyonator wrote:Let me get this straight greg503 i dont think anything. I want to create a nice Deck for the GX Era and i post it here so i get feedback about balancing or other aspects. So if you want to say that its too strong maybe gimme an alternative/nerfed effect.

Alright, a few things
1. I'm fine will most of the cards.
2. Alvaroz should probably have a discard cost for its effect, besides busted cards like Pre-errata Future Fusion, you always had to go at least -1 in card advantage to summon from the Extra Deck.
3. I think Nilah and Maubschi are too redundant in their removal, I think Nilah should target monsters and change their position like how people would use Tsukiyomi.
4. I think Thundurus should only be able to discard 1 card per turn (per copy) through its effects.
5. New Aquivilas is I suppose fine if Alvaroz gets that added cost I mentioned above.
6. Emberwing's revive effect is kind of bad now that all the relevant ED beasts trigger when summoned from the ED, but it also doesn't help the smaller beasts. Let Emberwing revive the smaller beasts with the buff the would get from the apprentices.
Buy Floowandereeze

Skyonator

Post #6 by Skyonator » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:42 am

So thats something i can work with :)
1. Glad to hear that
2. Based on the (till now) few test duels i hesitate with adding costs but your right too. Maybe adding a LP cost and a spell that erases that cost. Remeber that hes the backbone of the deck so :)
3. Yeah your right (again. Damn :D). But because this duo got relatively low stats i would gibe Nilah battle pos switch without switching back for 1 turn so. I think thats pretty much like our favorite spirit card^^
4. Glad to hear that^^
5. Yeah Emberwing will be changed i just dont know how (yet!!!).

Thx for the suggestions and sry for my weird response to your first post. Sounded kinda toxic^^;

Skyonator

Post #7 by Skyonator » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:51 am

Updated and balanced a lot and added a few cards. Should be much better now.
If someone wants to review it again be free to do so :)

Christen57

Post #8 by Christen57 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:19 am

I've been too busy this past week and a half to review anything, but now I'm free this evening and this weekend to give more feedback on customs.

Avaroz the great Summoner's effect needs to be more clear if discarding is part of the effect or part of its a cost. If it's the former, it should be:
You can discard 1 card, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Summoned Beast" monster from your Extra Deck. (This is treated as a Fusion Summon). You can only use this effect of "Avaroz the great Summoner" once per turn.
if it's the latter, it should be:
You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 "Summoned Beast" monster from your Extra Deck. (This is treated as a Fusion Summon). You can only use this effect of "Avaroz the great Summoner" once per turn.

Summoned Beast Capri's effect can be shortened from:
If this card is summoned by the effect of "Summoner Apprentice Kaian" you can target 1 monster your opponent controls: Change its battle position and if you do reduce its DEF by 600 till the End Phase.
to:
If this card is Special Summoned by "Summoner Apprentice Kaian": You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; change its battle position, and if you do, change its DEF to 0 until the End Phase.

When making a monster's effect trigger from being special summoned by another specific card's effect, you can just say "Summoned by" instead of "Summoned by the effect of". Also, making the target lose only 600 DEF is too weak for an effect, so it should make that target lose all its DEF instead of just 600 of it.

Recommend these changes to the rest of your archetype's main deck monsters in order to make their wording more similar and improve their effects and readability.

Summoned Beast Corogi
While you control this card Special Summoned by "Summoner Apprentice Anand", your cards cannot be targeted for attacks during your opponent's turn or by their effects during your turn.

Summoned Beast Maubschi
If this card is Special Summoned by "Summoned Beast Maubschi": Destroy all Spells/Traps your opponent controls.

Summoner Apprentice Anand
When this card is Summoned: You can banish 2 cards from your Extra Deck and/or any GY(s); Special Summon 1 "Summoned Beast Capri" from your hand or Deck, and if you do, you can shuffle any number of cards from your field and/or GY into the Deck except that monster. Can attack directly while you control "Summoned Beast Corogi".

Summoner Apprentice Kaian
When this card is Summoned: You can banish 2 cards from your Extra Deck and/or any GY(s); Special Summon 1 "Summoned Beast Corogi" from your hand or Deck, and if you do, you can shuffle any number of cards from your field and/or GY into the Deck except that monster. Your opponent cannot attack while you control "Summoned Beast Corogi".

Summoner Apprentice Nilah
When this card is Summoned: You can banish 2 cards from your Extra Deck and/or any GY(s); Special Summon 1 "Summoned Beast Maubschi" from your hand or Deck, and if you do, you can shuffle any number of cards from your field and/or GY into the Deck except that monster. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can add 1 "Circle" Spell/Trap from your Deck or GY to your hand. You must control "Summoned Beast Maubschi" to activate and resolve this effect.

Circle of Protection, Magic Circle of Preservation, Magic circle of Life, and Summoning circle should all probably be deleted, though I'm not sure if you want to instead keep them, but deleting them will allow more room for much better generic staples.

Summoning the Summoner needs to have the "normal summon" in its effect capitalized so it's "Normal Summon". It also needs the word deck capitalized.

Magic circle of Life should be buffed from:
You can only activate this card if you control at least 1 face-up Spellcaster. During your Standby Phase, gain 500 LP. If you control a face-up "Avaroz the great Summoner" you dont need to discard 1 card to activate its effect.
to:
The first time you would discard a card(s) to activate a Level 4 LIGHT Spellcaster monster's effect each turn, you do not. During each Standby Phase: Gain 1000 LP.

I think it's unnecessary for this to require you to control a specific monster to activate when its effect aren't even that great enough to need a restriction like that.

7 different fusion monsters feels excessive for an archetype like this and should be cut down to 6 or 5. Since two of the fusions are fire, two of them are water, and two of them are earth, while only 1 of them is light, maybe it would make sense to get rid of 1 of the water, earth, and fire ones so you just have 1 fusion for each of those 4 attributes. However, since the one with the 4000 ATK is clearly supposed to be the big boss monster, that along with the other water monster could stay.

I would delete Summoned Beast Growthra, change Summoned Beast Gaiga's ATK from 2300 to 2000, and buff that monster's effect (Summoned Beast Gaiga's effect) from:
This card can only be summoned from the Extra Deck by the effect of "Avaroz the great Summoner". If this card is summoned from the Extra Deck: You can target one monster your opponent controls: Destroy it and if you do this monster cant attack this turn. During your Standby Phase: Shuffle this card into the Extra Deck.
to:
Must be Special Summoned by "Avaroz the great Summoner". If this card is Summoned: You can target 1 other monster on the field; destroy it, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to that monster's ATK or DEF (whichever is higher). During the Standby Phase: You can return this card to the Extra Deck, then target 1 of your "Summon" cards that is banished or in your GY; add it to your hand.

Since it must be special summoned by Avaroz's effect, there's no need to specify that it has to be summoned from the extra deck, as it will have to be summoned from there by default. Also, the restrictions that keep itself from attacking and force itself back into the extra deck are unnecessary and should be optional instead of mandatory.

I would also delete Summoned Beast Emberwing and buff Summoned Beast Salablaze's effect's from:
This card can only be summoned from the Extra Deck by the effect of "Avaroz the great Summoner". When this card is summoned from your Extra Deck: Inflict 500 damage to your opponent. During your opponents Standby Phase: Inflict 500 damage to your opponent. During your Standby Phase: Shuffle this card into the Extra Deck.
to:
Must be Special Summoned by "Avaroz the great Summoner". If this card is Summoned: You can target any number of your cards that are on your field, GY, and/or banished; shuffle them into the Deck, then if the only card this effect returned to your Extra Deck was 1 "Summoned Beast" monster from your GY or face-up field, you can Special Summon 1 non-Reptile monster from your Extra Deck with that returned card's name, and if you do, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. (This is treated as a Special Summon by "Avaroz the great Summoner".) During the Standby Phase: You can return this card to the Extra Deck, then target 1 of your "Summon" cards that is banished or in your GY; add it to your hand.

Next I would buff Summoned Beast Oceanianos's effect from:
This card can only be summoned from the Extra Deck by the effect of "Avaroz the great Summoner". When this card is summoned from your Extra Deck, banish 1 Monster you control or banish this card. This card must attack if able. If this card attacks your opponent cant target it with effects. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing damage to your opponent. During your Standby Phase: Shuffle this card into the Extra Deck.
to:
Must be Special Summoned by "Avaroz the great Summoner". If this card is Summoned: Target 1 monster you control; banish it. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate anything until the end of the Damage Step. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. During the Standby Phase: You can return this card to the Extra Deck, then target 1 of your "Summon" cards that is banished or in your GY; add it to your hand.

Finally I would buff Summoned Beast Thundurus's effect from:
This card can only be summoned from the Extra Deck by the effect of "Avaroz the great Summoner". When this card is summoned from the Extra Deck, your opponent discards 1 random card. If this card inflicts battle damage: Your opponent discards 1 random card. During your Standby Phase: Shuffle this card into the Extra Deck.
to:
Must be Special Summoned by "Avaroz the great Summoner". If this card is Summoned except during the first or second turn of the Duel: Look at your opponent's hand and discard 1 card from it, and if you do, your opponent cannot activate Spell/Trap Cards, or monster effects, with the discarded card's type (Monster, Spell, Trap) until the end of the next turn. During the Standby Phase: You can return this card to the Extra Deck, then target 1 of your "Summon" cards that is banished or in your GY; add it to your hand.

This shouldn't be able to discard during the first turn since it could lead to degenerate turn 1 hand loops.

UberTrainerMinusInfinity

Post #9 by UberTrainerMinusInfinity » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:06 pm

Oh, removing cards....it may not be the happiest thing to do, but If you want your deck to be further improved, you've gotta implement Christen57's changes! (It also means if you want to keep a removed card, you'll have to buff it yourself)
Don't forget to check out my Deck Spotlights while you can!

Skyonator

Post #10 by Skyonator » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:12 pm

Updated some cards with your suggestions but kept the fusions as they were. Yeah deleting cards isnt th happiest thing to do^^ but i wanted this deck to be like: "A Summoned Beast for any situation" so instead of removing them there could be even more in the future^^
As for the other changes, like Maubschis "Destroy all Spells/Traps your opponent controls", i nerfed them a bit to reduce the ragequit potential. You know how customs can be^^

Altough your changes would make the deck better and stronger it would have been too much and gone too far away from what i wanted the deck to be, centered around Avaroz who brings out the Beasts. But, as always, thank you for your review :D

Return to “Custom Cards”