Custom Archetype Engine: The Grand Conjurer

Post your custom made cards in this forum
LinktotheFuture

Re: Custom Archetype Engine: The Grand Illusionist

Post #21 by LinktotheFuture » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:59 am

Added 4 new cards. Two new Conjurer's join the act!

I'm always open to suggestions on balancing all these cards. I've now added 11 cards since my big revision of the first 14. Are all 4 Summoning mechanics benefiting equally? Am I missing some key piece? Are any of these cards too generic? Are there broken combos any of these cards enable? I've been having a blast coming up with all these. :)
Last edited by LinktotheFuture on Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LinktotheFuture

Post #22 by LinktotheFuture » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:02 am

I've made my first attempt at creating a boss monster for the archetype. The payoff for getting him into the Pendulum Zone is all the free card draws. Does anything need rewording? Is the reward good enough for the all the effort required?

EDIT: Thought up another one. This time its a monster that can't be searched by the archetype, but has very powerful effects. Did I go overboard with it?

LinktotheFuture

Post #23 by LinktotheFuture » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:08 pm

Oh no. :( A brand new type has been revealed for the game, the Illusionist type. I'm going to have create a new name for most of my cards for this archetype to function properly. Siiiiiiigh. The cards will be updated in the near future.

LinktotheFuture

Post #24 by LinktotheFuture » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:43 pm

Alright, all cards now say "Conjurer" instead of "Illusionist". That seemed to be the next best name I could come up with. If anyone has a better name, I'm willing to consider it. Sorcerers and Magicians are off the table, though. Those monsters in Yugioh are pretty much all treated as using actual magic, while Ehric is not. I've also added four new cards. If people haven't noticed, recently, I've been trying to make new support more generic. I'm trying to give players as many options as possible to pick and choose which cards would work best for them, since this is supposed to be an engine. I'm always willing to hear if there is something this archetype is missing. One of the main things I'm trying to do is keep this archetype very useful for Ritual, Synchro, XYZ, and Pendulum decks.

P.S. I've now passed 30 cards for this archetype! Huzzah! :D
Last edited by LinktotheFuture on Mon May 01, 2023 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

LinktotheFuture

Post #25 by LinktotheFuture » Mon May 01, 2023 6:30 am

Two more. I think these are two of the strongest of the archetype. They setup a bunch of the other cards. I've also finally made a monster based on Bess, Houdini's wife and assistant.:) If anyone thinks these cards, or any of the previous ones are too strong, just let me know. I've covered a wide bunch of scenarios, even some that are kinda gimmicky. No regrets, though. ;) I'm not sure how much more is needed, so don't expect much more for a while. I'm having a harder and harder time figuring out what more the engine needs.

Return to “Custom Cards”