My 1st attempt at possible floodgates

Post your custom made cards in this forum
LinktotheFuture

My 1st attempt at possible floodgates

Post #1 by LinktotheFuture » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:04 am

Since Mystic Mine's ban, I've been thinking about how to write up some new floodgates that might be a bit fairer. These are what came to mind:

https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=3722602
This allows both players to be free to do what they want on their side of the field without fear of most handtraps and monster negations. It also still incentives players to play Spell/Trap removal. I was debating whether to add some way the card would destroy itself, but I also didn't want the turn player to be able to turn this card off at will. Any thoughts?

P.S.: If I had any art skills, I would draw an image of some monster that locked himself in a room with a large glass window, blowing a raspberry at at a monster outside while it could only look on in frustration. :lol:

https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=3722623
This is essentially if the Necrovalley got washed away. The Graveyard is being blocked by a massive wall of water. Everyone would flee in a mass panic in the artwork.

I also call this the anti-Tear card. No more Graveyard interactions for anyone! ;)

https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=3722628
This card is my attempt at trying to create a fairer Imperial Order, with some added benefits for Cloudians. It still allows spells to negate and allows spell effects that blanket the entire field. I was debating whether to make this a Field Spell or a Continuous Trap, but went with a trap like Imperial Order was. We were also missing a Cloudian card that represented the mist weather condition, so I thought this would fill the void nicely.

The artwork would be of the Anti-Spell Fragance being blown about the entire field by one of the Cloudians, probably Atlus.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:55 pm

1. Magical Mid-breaker Field exists
2. Necrovalley already stops GY stuff, also Macro Cosmos, D. Fissure, Shifter etc. exist
3. You might as well just have it say "Cloudians you control are unaffected by your opponent's Spell effects" for how underwhelming IRL Cloudians are
Buy Floowandereeze

LinktotheFuture

Post #3 by LinktotheFuture » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:55 pm

1. I will admit they are similar. But players being completely immune to their opponent's monster effects seems better in my opinion. Countering Apollousa alone seems big.
2. Yes, I know it does. However, cards going back into the deck opens up new strategies with players essentially never running out of search targets.
3. Yeah, but I was trying to make it not Archetype exclusive. Turning off many Spell Cards like Imperial Order was the point. Should I try to buff it to turn off more stuff?

Return to “Custom Cards”