Custom field spell: Courtroom

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Skyonator

Custom field spell: Courtroom

Post #1 by Skyonator » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:27 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=3658718

The idea was to put your opponent in court. Everything "bad he does to you (in this case inflicting damage and destroying cards) will be used against him and every time he committed another crime he will be sentenced to another punishement. If he commits to many crimes he will be sentenced for life and you win.

Just a fun card but i wonder if there is a way to exploit it^^
Im a german custom cards creator.
I mostly create "oldschool" Decks settled in either the DM, GX or 5Ds era.

Dont judge me for my bad english :D

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:05 pm

If your opponent inflicts damage to you or destroyes one or more cards on your side of the field: Place 1 "Evidence"- Counter on this card.

Should be simplified to:
Each time you take damage from an attack or opponent's effect, place 1 Evidence Counter on this card. Each time a card(s) you control is destroyed by battle or opponent's effect, place 1 Evidence Counter on this card.

You don't need quotation marks around the name of the counter, nor do you need a hyphen between the name of the counter and "Counter". Also, there's no such thing as players inflicting damage to each other. Damage is always inflicted by either a player's attack or a player's effect, but not by a player himself.

If there are 30 or more "Evidence" - Counters on this card during your End Phase you win the duel.

Should be shortened to:
If there are 20 or more Evidence Counters on this card, you win the Duel.

I think needing at least 30 or more is excessive. 20 seems more appropriate. Also, I find it unnecessary for this effect to go off only during end phases.

In your opponents Standby Phase, if you put a "Evidence"- Counter on this card last turn: Roll a six-sided dice and activate 1 of the following effects based on the rolled number.

Can be shortened to:
During your opponent's Standby Phase, if an Evidence Counter was placed on this card last turn: Roll a six-sided die and apply the result.

Dice is plural, so if you're referring to rolling only 1 die once, you say six-sided die, not six-sided dice. Also, you can just say "apply the result" which is shorter, instead of "activate 1 of the following effects based on the rolled number".

1: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent
2: After your next Main Phase 1 your turn ends.
3: After the Standby Phase ends your opponent immediatly goes to Main Phase 2.
4. Place 5 "Evidence" - Counter on this card.
5: Your opponents plays with an open hand till the End Phase.

Should be shortened to:
● 1: Inflict 2000 damage to them.
● 2: Skip your next Main Phase 1.
● 3: Skip their next Main Phase 1.
● 4: Place 5 Evidence Counters on this card.
● 5: This turn, your opponent must keep their hand revealed.

When listing a series of dice effects in order from 1 to 6, you should include those actual bullet points I showed there. As for the effects themselves, I think only 1000 damage is too weak for an effect that relies heavily on luck and that it should be 2000 or something instead, effects 2 and 3 can both be shortened to just skipping your and your opponent's main phase 1s respectively, and for effect #6, "open hand" isn't a real term and has no real meaning in this game, so I assumed you meant for the opponent to play with a revealed hand.

6: Destroy all cards on the field except this card. Each player can summon 1 Monster with Lv 4 or lower and place 1 Spell or Trap on the field.

You need to specify if the destroying and summoning/placing happen simultaneously or sequentially. Also, you need to specify where the monster and spell/trap card(s) gets retrieved from, whether it's the hand, deck, or graveyard. Also, you don't say "Monster with Lv 4 or lower". You say "Level 4 or lower monster".

greg503

Post #3 by greg503 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:01 am

Christen57 wrote:
1: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent
2: After your next Main Phase 1 your turn ends.
3: After the Standby Phase ends your opponent immediatly goes to Main Phase 2.
4. Place 5 "Evidence" - Counter on this card.
5: Your opponents plays with an open hand till the End Phase.

Should be shortened to:
● 1: Inflict 2000 damage to them.
● 2: Skip your next Main Phase 1.
● 3: Skip their next Main Phase 1.
● 4: Place 5 Evidence Counters on this card.
● 5: This turn, your opponent must keep their hand revealed.

If they actually meant go from M1 to EP you say to "skip the/your next Battle Phase" since you don't get an M2 either that way.
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Custom Cards”