Deck Spotlight: Maya The Bee

Post your custom made cards in this forum
UberTrainerMinusInfinity

Re: Deck Spotlight: Maya The Bee

Post #21 by UberTrainerMinusInfinity » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:26 am

This very minor change is now live, alongside a change to Maya's Flower Field to prevent it's activation effect from being outclassed by Maya's Hornet Grasslands, allowing it to search two World Suppressions instead of 1!

UberTrainerMinusInfinity

Post #22 by UberTrainerMinusInfinity » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:27 am

Also, this is the first deck spotlight to reach two pages, congratulations!

Christen57

Post #23 by Christen57 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:48 pm

UberTrainerMinusInfinity wrote:This very minor change is now live, alongside a change to Maya's Flower Field to prevent it's activation effect from being outclassed by Maya's Hornet Grasslands, allowing it to search two World Suppressions instead of 1!

Okay, since you basically buffed all the field spells by changing their When effects to If effects, we'll have to in turn nerf Maya The Bee by changing his/her first activated effect back to:
You can send 1 Field Spell from the field to the GY; add 1 "Maya" card from your Deck or face-up Extra Deck to your hand, except "Maya The Bee".

I found that World Suppression is actually bricky, and bad to run in this deck at the moment, so even though this archetype tries to support it by letting it activate the turn it gets set, I never run more than 1 copy. So instead of being made to search 2 World Suppression, Maya's Flower Field should be shortened from:
When this card is activated: You can add up to 2 "World Suppression" from your Deck or GY to your hand, and if you do, you can shuffle any number of "Maya" cards from your GY and/or face-up Extra Deck into the Deck. You can only activate 1 "Maya's Flower Field" per turn. You cannot Summon the turn you activate this card, except Insect monsters. If this card is sent from the Deck or field to the GY: You can target 1 "Maya" card you control and 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy them.
to:
When this card is activated: You can excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, and if you excavate a "Maya" card, your opponent picks 2 excavated cards for you to add to your hand, also shuffle the rest into the Deck. You can only activate 1 "Maya's Flower Field" per turn. You cannot Summon the turn you activate this card, except Insect monsters. If this card is sent from the Deck or field to the GY: You can target up to 2 Spells/Traps, including a face-up Spell/Trap; destroy them.

Since Maya's Rose Garden lets you add 1 card to your hand while you pick the card, this field spell should in turn let you add 2 cards to your hand but instead make your opponent pick what gets added instead of you.

Also, Spring and Seekout can definitely be deleted. No way am I running Jar of Greed 3.0 or a trap that gives my monsters nothing but a measly 300 atk/def boost.

ImageImage

UberTrainerMinusInfinity

Post #24 by UberTrainerMinusInfinity » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:06 pm

These changes are now live, and now Maya's deck has very little ways to deal with enemy monsters outside of battle. Still, thank you for all these changes, Christen57, and don't forget to check out the other deck spotlights!
PS. Maya is a she.
PS. PS. That is how I delete my cards, by basically making them so useless that you definitely want to run something else over them! (And in the case of Roll Over, Here Come The Pocket Dragons from the Pocket Dragon deck spotlight, use them for a new idea in the future) After all, that artwork can't be wasted, right?

Return to “Custom Cards”