Deck Spotlight: Invader Zim

Post your custom made cards in this forum
UberTrainerMinusInfinity

Deck Spotlight: Invader Zim

Post #1 by UberTrainerMinusInfinity » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:32 pm

I, INVADER ZIM, HAS TAKEN OVER THIS DECK SPOTLIGHT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=11166594
Year of Origin: 2001
Is it real?: OF COURSE IT IS, DOOFUS!!!
Ace Monster: ME!!! (Invader Zim)
The Main Races: Fiend, Machine
The Main Attributes: WIND (DARK IS JUST TOO OVERUSED)
Extra Monsters: None (NOT THAT I NEED IT)
Attack: 4/5
Defence: 4/5
Strategy: 5/5
Intellect: 6/5
Luck: 3/5
THE STORY:
BECAUSE I NEARLY DESTROYED MY HOME ON MY FIRST MISSION, I WAS SENT FROM MY HOME OF IRKEN ON A SECRET MISSION TO THIS PLANET THEY CALL "EARTH".......SO THAT I COULD TAKE OVER IT, HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!! BUT FIRST, I'VE GOT TO GET THIS STUPID DIB OUTTA THE WAY........
STRATEGY:
OK, I'LL TELL YOU MY STRATEGY....JUST SPECIAL SUMMON INVADER ZIM FROM THE HAND BY DISCARDING A LEVEL 3 AND A LEVEL 4, AND YOUR OPPONENT IS DOOMED, I TELL YOU! WHEN I'M ON THE FIELD, I STEAL ALL YOUR OPPONENT'S MONSTERS FOR THEIR MAIN PHASE 1 ONLY, STOPPING ANY STRATEGIES YOUR OPPONENT MIGHT HAVE PLANNED WITH THEM! HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!
.....OK, MAYBE I'M A BIT TOO HARD TO GET OUT. BUT THAT'S WHERE MY OTHER CARDS COME IN! MY DISGUISE AS A SKOOL KID CAN BE TREATED AS 2 TRIBUTES FOR INVADER ZIM, AND MY USELESS ROBOT GIR CAN BRING ITSELF OUT WHEN INVADER ZIM IS DISCARDED, PREFERBLY TO SEARCH A CARD THAT'LL MAKE IT EASIER TO GET INVADER ZIM OUT, AND I CAN EVEN USE HIM AS A HUMAN SHIELD TO TAKE A BLOW THAT INVADER ZIM WOULD HAVE TAKEN. HE'S JUST TOO STUPID TO ATTACK, THOUGH......
AND LET'S NOT FORGET THE SPELLS! TAKE OVER THE WORLD EXTENDS MY CONTROL TO THE BATTLE PHASE, MAKING YOUR OPPONENT HELPLESS! (IT DOES COST A LOT OF RESOURCES, THOUGH) MANIACIAL LAUGH CAN END A TURN BY RETURNING INVADER ZIM TO MY HAND (BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO WIMPY TO RESIST MY MANIACIAL LAUGH) AND LET'S NOT FORGET THE CLASSIC BRAIN CONTROL, WHICH INVADER ZIM CAN SEARCH OUT! SURE, IT'S WEATHERED OVER TIME, BUT IT'S STILL AS DEADLY AS EVER!
KILLER COMBOS:
MY FAVORITE COMBO IS SETTING GIR FACE-DOWN AND USING HIS FLIP EFFECT TO SEARCH FOR INVADER ZIM. I CAN THEN USE GIR'S EFFECT TO BOUNCE HIM BACK TO MY HAND, AND, PROVIDED I HAVE A LEVEL 3 IN MY HAND, THAT'S AN EASY SUMMON OF INVADER ZIM! EVEN IF THERE IS'NT, I CAN USE SCHEMING TO SEARCH OUT A GOOD LEVEL 3 WIND FIEND MONSTER TO USE.....
ANOTHER OF MY FAVORITE COMBOS IS USING ASSERT DOMINANCE. AFTER I DISCARD INVADER ZIM, NOT ONLY CAN THIS TRAP CARD REVIVE HIM, BUT IT ALSO MAKES ALL ENEMY MONSTERS BE IMMUNE TO ENEMY EFFECTS UNTIL THE END OF THIS TURN! TAKE THAT, STRATEGY!
AND WE CAN'T FORGET TAKEOVER. WHY BE BOTHERED WITH AN EFFECT, WHEN YOU CAN USE IT AGAINST THEM? HAHAHAHAHAH!!!
SO, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? USE MY DECK TODAY AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHA!
THIS IS INVADER ZIM, SIGNING OUT......

UberTrainerMinusInfinity

Post #2 by UberTrainerMinusInfinity » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:44 pm

On Hallow's eve, the deck spotlights grieve! A review of them, they would receive!

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:13 am

GIR's effect should be buffed from:
FLIP: Add 1 ''Invader Zim'' from your deck/GY to your hand, but you cannot use it's first effect.
Cannot attack. You can reveal 1 ''Invader Zim'' from your hand: return this to your hand. When you discard ''Invader Zim'': you may Special Summon this from your hand, and if you do, your the effects of your WIND monsters cannot be negated this turn. If an ''Invader Zim'' you control would be destroyed; (Quick Effect) You can destroy this card instead.

to:
FLIP: Add 1 "Invader Zim" from your Deck/GY to your hand.
Cannot attack. You can reveal 1 "Invader Zim" in your hand; return this card to the hand. If "Invader Zim" is discarded from your hand to the GY: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, this turn, the activation and effects of cards activated on your field cannot be negated. If exactly 1 "Invader Zim" you control and no other cards would be destroyed, you can destroy this card instead.

I don't know which "first effect" this thing is talking about, so that part should go. Also, when revealing hand or extra deck cards, you can say to reveal "in" instead of "from" that hand/Extra Deck.

The destruction substitution, or any destruction substitution, should be a non-activated effect, not a quick effect.

Invader Zim's effect should be shortened from:
You can discard this card: add 1 card that mentions ''Invader Zim'', except this card, from your deck to your hand. You can discard 1 level 3 monster and 1 level 4 monster: Special Summon this from your hand, then if both of those monsters were WIND Fiend monsters or ''GIR'', you can set 1 ''Brain Control'' from your deck/GY, but you cannot activate it this turn. At the start of your opponent's Main Phase 1, if all of the monsters you control are either WIND Fiend monsters, face-down monsters, or ''GIR''; (Quick Effect) Take control of all monsters your opponent controls while this card is on the field, until the end of that Main Phase 1, but they cannot be used as material. (This is not optional. Not that Zim matters anyways. HAHAHAHAAAHHAH!!!)
to:
You can discard this card; add 1 card (except "Invader Zim") that lists "Invader Zim" from your Deck to your hand. You can discard 1 each Level 3 and Level 4 monster; Special Summon this card from your hand, then if you discarded only WIND Effect Monsters to activate this effect, you can Set 1 "Brain Control" from your Deck/GY, but it cannot be activated this turn. At the end of your opponent's Main Phase, if you control another WIND Fiend monster, a Set monster, or a "GIR": Take control of as many monsters they control as possible (until the End Phase), but if you do, you cannot Special Summon from the Extra Deck for the rest of this turn.

The take-control effect should activate at the end of the opponent's main phase instead of at the start of it since you, by default, can't activate any quick effects at the start of an opponent's main phase until after they've had the change to summon/set/activate something or attempt to end their main phase. To compensate for this nerf, the effect should only require 1 of those specified cards — not require that all your monsters be those specified cards — and it should keep the monsters until the end phase even if you no longer control Invader Zim himself.

Also, its DEF should be changed so that its last 2 digits are both 0 (like 2300) instead of that DEF ending in 50, so it's easier to calculate, when effects halve that DEF.

Irken Cruiser's effect should be buffed from:
You can reveal 1 ''Invader Zim'' from your hand: return this to your hand. Whenever you discard ''Invader Zim'', you may shuffle that ''Invader Zim'' into your deck. Once per turn, when you discard a card, you may target 1 Spell/Trap card those card text mentions ''Invader Zim'' in your GY: add it to your hand, then if you added a Spell card this way, you may target 1 ''Invader Zim'' in your GY: add it to your hand. You can only attack with WIND Fiend monsters the turn you activate this effect.
to:
You can reveal 1 "Invader Zim" in your hand; return this card to the hand. Once per Chain, if "Invader Zim" is discarded from your hand to the GY: You can target up to 3 cards in any GY(s); shuffle them into the Deck. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 Spell/Trap in your GY that lists "Invader Zim", and if that target is a Spell, you can also target 1 monster in your GY that lists "Invader Zim"; add that target(s) to your hand. You cannot attack the turn you activate this effect, except with WIND Fiend monsters.

When making an effect refer to cards that list a specific cards name, you can say "list" instead of "mention" since the former is shorter.

Also, when returning a card from the field to the hand, you say "to the hand," not "to your hand," since cards returning from fields to hands will always, by default, return to the hand(s) of their owners even if the player doing the returning isn't the owner of the card(s) in question.

Skool Kid's effect should be buffed from:
You can reveal 1 ''Invader Zim'' from your hand: return this to your hand. When tribute summoning a WIND Fiend monster, you can treat this 1 card as 2 tributes, and if you do, that WIND Fiend monster cannot be destroyed or negated this turn, also if that monster was ''Invader Zim'', you may target 1 card on the field: destroy it. When this is destroyed, you may target 1 ''Invader Zim'' or ''GIR'' in your GY: Either add it to your hand, or place it on the bottom of your deck.
to:
Can be treated as 2 Tributes for a WIND Fiend monster's Tribute Summon. You can reveal 1 "Invader Zim" in your hand; return this card to the hand. If this card is Tributed: You can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls and 1 monster you control; destroy the first target, and if you do, the second target cannot be destroyed this turn while you control it. When this card is destroyed: You can target 1 WIND Effect Monster in your GY; add it to your hand or place it on the top or bottom of the Deck. You must have no cards in your Extra Deck to activate and resolve this effect.

Being only able to target those 2 specific monsters for its last effect makes this too situational for something that just wants to be destroyed in a deck that doesn't care about the extra deck.

Some Kind Of Dog's effect should be buffed from:
FLIP: If it is the Battle Phase: It becomes the End Phase of this turn. Then, if you activated ''Brain Control'' during your previous turn: flip this back into face-down Defence Position.
You can reveal 1 ''Invader Zim'' from your hand: return this to your hand. When you activate ''Brain Control'' or a Spell/Trap card those card text mentions ''Invader Zim'', you may Special Summon this from your hand. Cannot be destroyed while you control a face-up ''Invader Zim''. You can tribute this card: Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower WIND Fiend monster or ''GIR'' from your hand or deck. You can only activate this effect once per turn.

to:
FLIP: If it is the Battle Phase, it becomes the End Phase of this turn, and if it does, you can change 1 monster you control to face-down Defense Position if "Brain Control" is in your GY.
Cannot be destroyed while you control "Invader Zim". If you activate a Spell/Trap Card that is "Brain Control" or lists "Invader Zim": You can Special Summon this card form your hand. You can reveal 1 "Invader Zim" in your hand; return this card to the hand. You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower WIND Effect Monster from your hand or Deck. You must have no cards in your Extra Deck to activate and resolve this effect. You can only use this effect of "Some Kind Of Dog" once per turn.

The effect that protects it from destruction should be the first effect listed after the flip effect since that seems to be the most important effect for the opponent to be aware of in duels. Also, remember to include the name of the monster itself when making any of its effects hard once per turn. Also, you don't need to include the fact that the Invader Zim has to be face-up for its protection effect to apply, since those kinds of continuous effects will always, by default, require the card in question that you need to control to be face-up to apply.

Experiment's effect should be buffed from:
Target 1 card you control those original controller was your opponent: banish it. Then, if you control a face-up ''Invader Zim'' and a face-up ''GIR'', banish all copies of it from your opponent's hand, deck, field, and extra deck.
to:
If you have no cards in your Extra Deck: Target 1 card you control; banish it, then if you control "Invader Zim" or "GIR", look at your opponent's hand, Deck, Extra Deck, and all Set cards they control, and if you find any copies of the banished card, banish all those copies among them, and if this effect banishes a card from your opponent's hand, Deck, or Extra Deck, you can banish 1 face-up card they control.

It should be able to target any card you control even if the opponent isn't the owner, and it shouldn't require both those cards — only at least 1 of them. Also, it should let you look at your opponent's private cards in those locations so you can confirm yourself that no more copies of the banished card are there.

Maniacal Laugh's effect should be simplified from:
Activate during the Battle Phase or Main Phase 2, by targeting 1 ''Invader Zim'' in your field, GY, or banished cards, and returning it to your hand: it becomes the End Phase of this turn, also all WIND monsters you control gain 400 ATK/DEF permanently, and your opponent's monsters lose that much ATK/DEF. Then, if you have 1000 or less LP, Special Summon the targeted ''Invader Zim''.
to:
During the Main or Battle Phase, if you have no cards in your Extra Deck: Target 1 "Invader Zim" on your field or GY; return it to the hand, or you can Special Summon it if it is in your GY and your LP are less than 2000, also in either case, if your LP are less than your opponent's, it becomes the End Phase of this turn.

You don't refer to a card "in your field, GY, or banished cards". You refer to a copy of that card "that is on your field, GY, or banished". Also, the part that modifies ATK/DEF should be removed for just the effect that ends turns. To make up for this, I thought about increasing the maximum life points you need for the last part of its effect from 1000 at most to less than 2000, and letting it also activate during main phase 1 while requiring that your have less life points than the opponent to end the turn.

Scheming's effect should be shortened from:
Add 1 WIND Fiend monster from your deck to your hand, except, unless your opponent controls 2 or more monsters, a level 5 or higher monster, then if you added ''Invader Zim'' this way, you may add 1 Level 3 monster and 1 level 4 monster from your deck to your hand as well, but they cannot be summoned, their effects cannot be negated, and they are shuffled back into the deck at the end of this turn. Only ''Invader Zim'' can attack the turn you activate this card.
to:
If you have no cards in your Extra Deck: Add 1 WIND monster from your Deck to your hand, and if it is "Invader Zim", you can add 1 each Level 3 and Level 4 monster from your Deck to your hand, but if you do, shuffle 2 cards from your hand into the Deck during this turn's End Phase. You cannot attack the turn you activate this card, except with WIND Fiend monsters.

Take Over The World should be deleted since you already have another card in this archetype that does pretty much the exact same thing, and when I say deleted, I mean the entire card itself, not just erasing its effect.

Zim's Hideout should also be deleted to make room in the deck for better cards.

Assert Dominance's effect should be buffed from:
Activate 2 of these effects (You cannot select the same effect twice):
● If you control a face-up ''Invader Zim'': until the end of this turn, all monsters your opponent controls are unaffected by your opponent's card effects.
● Target 1 WIND Fiend monster in your GY: Special Summon it, but banish it at the end of your turn if it's name is not ''Invader Zim''.
● Set 1 ''Scheming'' from your deck.
● Draw 1 card.

to:
If you have no cards in your Extra Deck: Activate 2 of these effects (simultaneously).
● This turn, all monsters your opponent controls are unaffected by their activated effects.
● Target 1 of your WIND Fiend monsters that is banished or in your GY; Special Summon it.
● Set 1 "Scheming" from your Deck.
● Draw 1 card.

There's no need to include any "cannot select the same effect twice". The term "activate 2 of these effects" will, by default, mean "pick 2 *different* effects listed to activate".

Also, with the requirement that you have no extra deck to activate this, there's no need to have that downside where the special summoned monster gets banished at the end of the turn for not being Invader Zim.

Takeover's effect should be nerfed from:
When your opponent activates a card effect, if you control a face-up ''Invader Zim'' or ''GIR'': Take control of the card that activated that effect until the end of this turn, but it cannot attack or be used as material this turn. If you discarded ''Invader Zim'' this turn, you can activate this from your hand.
to:
When a card or effect is activated, if you control a WIND Effect Monster and have no cards in your Extra Deck: Negate the activation, and if you do, shuffle any number of your cards that are on your field, GY, and/or banished into the Deck, then you can take control of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls until the end of this turn. If "Invader Zim" was discarded from your hand to the GY this turn, you can activate this card from your hand.

For now, I don't think an effect should take control of any card like a spell/trap, and instead think effects that take control of cards should only apply to monsters.

UberTrainerMinusInfinity

Post #4 by UberTrainerMinusInfinity » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:47 pm

GAH, YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT, BUT THAT STUPID DIB WENT AND HACKED MY DECK WHEN I WAS'NT LOOKING! NOW I CAN'T EVEN CONTROL ENEMY MONSTERS DURING MAIN PHASE 1 ANYMORE, INSTEAD HE MODIFIED IT TO WORK AFTER MAIN PHASE 1! HE ALSO THINKS GENERIC, REGULAR CARDS ARE BETTER THAN TAKING OVER THE WORLD, AND HE EVEN DESTROYED MY HIDEOUT! I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS, DIB, JUST YOU WAIT!!!!
(Christen57's changes are now live: Thank you for them, and don't forget the other deck spotlights!)

Christen57

Post #5 by Christen57 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:33 pm

UberTrainerMinusInfinity wrote:GAH, YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT, BUT THAT STUPID DIB WENT AND HACKED MY DECK WHEN I WAS'NT LOOKING! NOW I CAN'T EVEN CONTROL ENEMY MONSTERS DURING MAIN PHASE 1 ANYMORE, INSTEAD HE MODIFIED IT TO WORK AFTER MAIN PHASE 1! HE ALSO THINKS GENERIC, REGULAR CARDS ARE BETTER THAN TAKING OVER THE WORLD, AND HE EVEN DESTROYED MY HIDEOUT! I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS, DIB, JUST YOU WAIT!!!!
(Christen57's changes are now live: Thank you for them, and don't forget the other deck spotlights!)

I made a mistake with my suggestion to Takeover. I didn't mean to say change that last part to:
take control of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls until the end of this turn
I meant to say to change that part to:
take control of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls until the End Phase

UberTrainerMinusInfinity

Post #6 by UberTrainerMinusInfinity » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:42 pm

I'M CURRENTLY PUTTING MY HIDEOUT BACK TOGETHER, BUT I'LL FIND THAT DIB IF IT'S THE LAST THING I'LL DO, CURSE HIM FOR MAKING IT SO I CAN NO LONGER GAIN ATK WITH MY CARDS_OH, HEY, HE MADE ONE MORE HACK TO MY DECK! THAT IS JUST UNCONCIEVABLE!
(The above change is now live! Try going for a more gimmicky deck next, such as Perry The Platypus, Urban Vermin, or Storm Hawks! (Even all three at once!))

Christen57

Post #7 by Christen57 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:33 am

UberTrainerMinusInfinity wrote:I'M CURRENTLY PUTTING MY HIDEOUT BACK TOGETHER, BUT I'LL FIND THAT DIB IF IT'S THE LAST THING I'LL DO, CURSE HIM FOR MAKING IT SO I CAN NO LONGER GAIN ATK WITH MY CARDS_OH, HEY, HE MADE ONE MORE HACK TO MY DECK! THAT IS JUST UNCONCIEVABLE!
(The above change is now live! Try going for a more gimmicky deck next, such as Perry The Platypus, Urban Vermin, or Storm Hawks! (Even all three at once!))

I tested Irken Cruiser and it's a bit too strong being able to add 2 cards for free during each player's turn. Its effect should be nerfed to:
You can reveal 1 "Invader Zim" in your hand; return this card to the hand. Once per Chain, if "Invader Zim" is discarded from your hand to the GY: You can target up to 3 cards in any GY(s); shuffle them into the Deck. Once per turn: You can target 1 of your cards that lists "Invader Zim" that is on your field, GY, or banished; return it to the hand. You must have no cards in your Extra Deck to activate and resolve this effect. You cannot attack the turn you activate this effect, except with WIND Fiend monsters.

UberTrainerMinusInfinity

Post #8 by UberTrainerMinusInfinity » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:54 am

AND FOR THE CHERRY ON TOP, DIB EVEN HACKED MY SPACESHIP! I'LL DEFINITELY GET YOU FOR THIS, DIB, I WILL! YOU WILL SEE, INVADER ZIM WILL GET YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
(This change is now live on Duelingbook!)

Return to “Custom Cards”