Custom Future Rebel Deck

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Skyonator

Custom Future Rebel Deck

Post #1 by Skyonator » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:51 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=11709653

thoughts? wording and balance feedback is very welcome :)
Deck should be balanced for early 5Ds Era.
Im a german custom cards creator.
I mostly create "oldschool" Decks settled in either the DM, GX or 5Ds era.

Dont judge me for my bad english :D

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:46 pm

I know you designed this with the 5Ds era in mind, but since I'm used to modern yugioh (with all the xyzs, pendulums, and links and everything), I'm going to review it with that in mind.

Recommend shortening Future Rebel Albari's effect from:
Once per turn: You can target 1 Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls. If its a set card, it cant be activated for the next 3 turns. If its a face-up card negate its effect for 3 turns. The targeted card cant be activated in reaction to this effect.
to:
Once per turn: You can target 1 Spell/Trap, and if it is Set, it cannot be activated in response to this effect activation; destroy it.

Forcing players to spend multiple turns keeping track of how many turns remain before a set card can be activated again, or before a face-up card's effects are no longer negated, causes unnecessary confusion, especially when you start activating this monster's current effect each turn targeting different spells/traps each time. It's much easier and simpler to just make the effect get rid of the targeted card entirely.

Also, you no longer need to say "target 1 Spell or Trap Card" and can instead just say "target 1 Spell/Trap" without including "card".

Future Rebel Cygon's effect can be shortened from:
When this card is summoned: Pay 600 LP, then block 1 unused Monster- or Spell/Trapzone on your opponents side of the field. The zone keeps blocked as long as this card is face-up on the field.
to:
If this card is summoned: Pay 600 LP and pick 1 unused Monster Zone or unused opponent's Spell & Trap Zone; it cannot be used while this monster is face-up on the field.

There's no need to make a mandatory trigger effect use "When" instead of "If" when If is shorter and uses up less characters. Also, you say "Spell & Trap Zone" not "Spell/Trap Zone".

Future Rebel K.I.tania's effect can be shortened from:
If this card leaves the field due to a synchro summon: Block 1 unused Spell/Trapzone on your opponents side of the field for as long as the Synchromonster, this card was used for, stays on the field.
to:
If this card is sent to the GY for a Synchro Summon: Pick 1 opponent's unused Spell & Trap Zone; it cannot be used while that Synchro Monster is face-up on the field.

You don't "block" unused zones. You "pick" or "choose" them and then prevent them from being used while a specific card remains face-up on the field.

Future Rebel Sadia's effect can be shortened from:
Once per turn you can Discard 1; banish a monster your opponent controls and if you do, block the monsterzone the monster was in for as long as this card is face-up on the field. You can only block up to 3 Zones with the effect of this card but you can still banish.
to:
Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; banish 1 monster your opponent controls, and if you do, that zone cannot be used while this monster is face-up on the field.

"Discard" is not capitalized unless you're starting a sentence with it.

Future Rebel Shiela's effect can be shortened from:
FLIP: Destroy 1 Spell- or Trapcard on the field and block the Spell/Trap zone the Card was in as long as this card is face-up on the field..
This card cant be destroyed by card effects.

to:
FLIP: Destroy 1 Spell/Trap on the field, and if you do, that zone cannot be used while this monster is face-up on the field.
Cannot be destroyed by effects.

Instead of starting a continuous effect with "This card cannot be destroyed by" you can just start it with "Cannot be destroyed by" without mentioning "This card" as it will, by default, apply to itself in those cases.
Also, you say "cannot" not "cant".
Also, you can just say "destroyed by effects" without including "card".

Recommend changing Emergency Intervention's effect from:
If a "Future Rebel"-Monster you control is attacked: Special Summon 1 "Future Rebel "-Monster from your Deck and switch the attack to it. Any battle damage your opponent would take from this battle is doubled.
to:
If your monster is targeted for an attack while you control a "Future Rebel" monster: Special Summon 1 "Future Rebel" from your hand, Deck, or GY, and if you do, change the target to the Summoned monster and proceed to damage calculation. Double any damage your opponent takes from this battle.

When listing a specific archetype of monster, you don't put a hyphen between the archetype and "monster," so you say "Future Rebel" monster instead of "Future Rebel"-monster.

Recommend making OOST-Offensive Orbital Strike Cannon deal a set amount of damage or something instead of requiring players to do a bunch of tedious math to figure out how much damage it would inflict, so I would shorten the effect from.
In your Battle Phase, if your monster attacks: You can negate the attack and deal damage to your opponent in the amount of half the ATK of the monster +300 per blocked zone on the field.
to just:
Your "Future Rebel" monsters can attack directly. Once per turn: You can add 1 "Future Rebel" monster from your Deck or GY to your hand.
or something.

Succesful Hacking and Dimensionportal Shutdown are just more broken versions of Ground Collapse and Artifact Scythe respectively. Recommend deleting those.

Recommend making Forcefield Barrier a continuous spell instead of a continuous trap, and shortening its effect from:
At the start of each Battle Phase: Target 1 Monster you control; it cannot be destroyed by battle or effects this Battle Phase. Destroy this card in your 3rd End Phase after activasion.
to:
At the start of each Battle Phase: Target 1 card you control; it cannot be destroyed this phase. Destroy this card during your 3rd End Phase after activation.

Also, "monster" in this case doesn't get capitalized since you're only saying "monster". It only gets capitalized if you're starting a sentence with it or referring to a specific card type or something, such as "Normal Monster," "Effect Monster," "Ritual Monster," etc.

Recommend making Neurosystem Hack an equip spell instead of a continuous spell and shortening its effect from:
Target 1 Monster your opponent controls; take control over the monster and equip it with this card. During your Standby Phase: Pay 300 LP or destroy this card. You need a face-up "Future Rebel"-monster on the field to activate and resolve this effect.
to:
If you control a "Future Rebel" monster: Activate this card by targeting an opponent's monster. Equip this card to it. Take control of it. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, pay 300 LP or destroy this card.

You say "take control of" not "take control over". Also, you don't make maintenance costs activated effects, so you put a comma between "during your Standby Phase" and "pay 300 LP or destroy this card," not a colon.

Recommend deleting DNA - Nanobot and just making the archetype's synchro monsters generic and able to automatically treat any 1 of their materials as tuners for their synchro summons, like so:

Future Rebel Faustus
1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
For this card's Synchro Summon, you can treat 1 "Future Rebel" monster you control as a Tuner. If this card is Summoned: Destroy 1 monster your opponent controls, and if you do, this card gains 2000 ATK. If this effect destroys a card: Pick 1 opponent's unused Main Monster Zone; it cannot be used while this monster is face-up on the field.

Future Rebel Rawsight
For this card's Synchro Summon, you can treat 1 "Future Rebel" monster you control as a Tuner. Un-targetable for attacks but does not prevent your opponent from attacking you directly. Can attack directly. Unaffected by your opponent's effects except during the Damage Step.

Future Rebel Mech Type-0
For this card's Synchro Summon, you can treat 1 "Future Rebel" monster you control as a Tuner. Once per turn, during the Battle Phase (Quick Effect): You can target up to 2 cards on the field; return them to the hand.

Future Rebel Granth
For this card's Synchro Summon, you can treat 1 "Future Rebel" monster you control as a Tuner. If this card destroys a monster by battle: Destroy all cards your opponent controls, also your opponent cannot activate or Set Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the next turn. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this effect's activation.

With these changes to the synchro monsters, I also recommend removing the "Tuner" stat from Futre Rebel Robby and changing its effect from:
Once per turn, if a monster is summoned: You can activate this effect to change it into DEF position.
to:
Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon up to 2 "Future Rebel" monsters from your hand, then you can change any number of Attack Position monsters to Defense Position, and if you do, you can shuffle any number of cards from your GY into the Deck.

The current effect's too weak. It needs to do more than just switch 1 monster to defense every turn. Plus, you misspelled the "Future" in its name as "Futre" instead of "Future".

Also, Future Rebel Rawsight's level shouldn't be 5 but rather 6, 7, 8, or 12. All your archetype's monsters are at least level 3, meaning the lowest level your archetype can synchro summon is 6, so this synchro monster's level needs to be raised from 5 to a level more appropriate for your archetype.

Skyonator

Post #3 by Skyonator » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:33 am

oh my god i never thought i get such a detailed review. thank you so much. Ill look into it and will make changes. ty <3
Im a german custom cards creator.
I mostly create "oldschool" Decks settled in either the DM, GX or 5Ds era.

Dont judge me for my bad english :D

Return to “Custom Cards”