Maxx "C" rework

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Lil Oldman
Mood:

Maxx "C" rework

Post #1 by Lil Oldman » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:22 am

https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=3497810
Would this Maxx "C" rework prove to powerful? I took inspiration from the fact that a good bunch of the "C" cards actually summon themselves to the opponent's side of the field.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:01 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=3497810
Would this Maxx "C" rework prove to powerful? I took inspiration from the fact that a good bunch of the "C" cards actually summon themselves to the opponent's side of the field.

This:
During either player's turn: You can Special Summon this card (In your hand) to your opponent's side of the field. You can only use this effect of "Maxx "C"" once per turn. Each time this card's controller Special Summons a monster(s), the opponent of this card's controller inmeadiately draws 1 card.
should be shortened to this:
(Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand to your opponent's field. You can only use this effect of "Maxx "C"" once per turn. Each time you Special Summon a monster(s), your opponent immediately draws 1 card.

We don't say "During either player's turn" anymore. We say "(Quick Effect)" which is shorter. The same thing goes for "your opponent's side of the field" (we just say "your opponent's field" instead which is shorter).

Also, you don't say "Special Summon this card in your hand". You say "Special Summon this card from your hand".

"this card's controller" and "the opponent of this card's controller" can be shortened to "you" and "your opponent" respectively, since a monster's on-field continuous effect will, by default, treat "you" as whoever's controlling it at the time and "your opponent" as whoever that controller's opponent is at the time.

Lastly, you misspelled immediately. It's not "inmeadiately". There's no "N" in the word.

PSCT and spelling issues aside, I worry this errata may actually make the card just as broken as it was before, as it can now no longer be stopped by Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring or Called by the Grave. However, since it now puts itself on the field and must stay there to cause cards to be drawn, the controller can just link it away for a link summon to get rid of it to stop further cards from being drawn, which may balance it out.
Although, since it now creates a situation where a monster ends up on the opponent's field, it can now also be used as a sort of counter to Mystic Mine, as if the opponent tries to activate that card while you control monsters, you can chain this to special summon itself to the opponent's field, so now the opponent no longer controls 0 monsters, and thus you can now reduce yourself to 1 monster to make that Mystic Mine destroy itself, or make it destroy itself already if you already control just 1 monster.
It also can now be used to counter Number 59: Crooked Cook that players are now often bringing out with Right-Hand Shark, since Crooked Cook needs to be the only card on its controller's field to be unaffected by other effects.
Finally, it also now counters Sky Striker decks, and other decks that rely on having no main monster zone monsters, since most of the Sky Striker spells won't work with something like a Maxx C in their main monster zone.

eyal282

Post #3 by eyal282 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:25 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=3497810

This:
During either player's turn: You can Special Summon this card (In your hand) to your opponent's side of the field. You can only use this effect of "Maxx "C"" once per turn. Each time this card's controller Special Summons a monster(s), the opponent of this card's controller inmeadiately draws 1 card.
should be shortened to this:
(Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand to your opponent's field. You can only use this effect of "Maxx "C"" once per turn. Each time you Special Summon a monster(s), your opponent immediately draws 1 card.

We don't say "During either player's turn" anymore. We say "(Quick Effect)" which is shorter. The same thing goes for "your opponent's side of the field" (we just say "your opponent's field" instead which is shorter).

Also, you don't say "Special Summon this card in your hand". You say "Special Summon this card from your hand".

"this card's controller" and "the opponent of this card's controller" can be shortened to "you" and "your opponent" respectively, since a monster's on-field continuous effect will, by default, treat "you" as whoever's controlling it at the time and "your opponent" as whoever that controller's opponent is at the time.

Lastly, you misspelled immediately. It's not "inmeadiately". There's no "N" in the word.

PSCT and spelling issues aside, I worry this errata may actually make the card just as broken as it was before, as it can now no longer be stopped by Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring or Called by the Grave. However, since it now puts itself on the field and must stay there to cause cards to be drawn, the controller can just link it away for a link summon to get rid of it to stop further cards from being drawn, which may balance it out.
Although, since it now creates a situation where a monster ends up on the opponent's field, it can now also be used as a sort of counter to Mystic Mine, as if the opponent tries to activate that card while you control monsters, you can chain this to special summon itself to the opponent's field, so now the opponent no longer controls 0 monsters, and thus you can now reduce yourself to 1 monster to make that Mystic Mine destroy itself, or make it destroy itself already if you already control just 1 monster.
It also can now be used to counter Number 59: Crooked Cook that players are now often bringing out with Right-Hand Shark, since Crooked Cook needs to be the only card on its controller's field to be unaffected by other effects.
Finally, it also now counters Sky Striker decks, and other decks that rely on having no main monster zone monsters, since most of the Sky Striker spells won't work with something like a Maxx C in their main monster zone.

This is the best card ever made.

Should be jokingly called Maxximillion "C"MOS to prevent confusion.

Return to “Custom Cards”