Thoughts on my customs based on a book I like?

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Heartgold06
Mood:

Thoughts on my customs based on a book I like?

Post #1 by Heartgold06 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:18 am

Hey! I over the last week or so I made some customs based on my favorite book series, a series of novels called Wings of Fire. I tried my hardest to make the card effects seem appropriate for each character, fitting their personalities and abilities. At the moment they are extremely underpowered and some cards I was happier with the result than others, but I hope to continue to add more cards and refine old ones. What are you guys' thoughts on these?
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=10907810
"It's not optimism, it's faith. There's a reason we're here. What we do today is part of it, but there's more, too, and we have to survive to make it all happen." - Sunny, The Dark Secret

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:40 am

I'll read them if you fix the PSCT.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Heartgold06
Mood:

Post #3 by Heartgold06 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:33 am

I want to work and finalize their effects down before I tackle PSCT. I only play Goats and PSCT is pretty confusing to me. If you want to help me, I'd greatly appriciate it.
"It's not optimism, it's faith. There's a reason we're here. What we do today is part of it, but there's more, too, and we have to survive to make it all happen." - Sunny, The Dark Secret

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:45 pm

PSCT 101:
Activated effects are structured "[Condition]: [Activation]; [Resolution]". If the effect needs to have a condition met to activate (including all trigger effects), it will be separated by a colon from the rest of the effect. If the effect does something when activated, such as targeting or paying a cost, it will be separated by a semicolon from the effect when the card resolves.
Effects that wear off usually have when they wear off at the tail end "[x], until your next End Phase".
Magician's Rod sets the precedent that you look for words in the card "text" of cards and not their "card effect".
"opponent" should be lower case.
"side of the field" should be "controls".
"During [phase] of your turn" should be "During your [phase]".
"Deck" is always capitalized.
"with a different name from this card" should be "except [card name]".
"on the field..." can once again be shortened to "control": "If you control "Destiny Dragon - Clay" or 2 or more "Destiny Dragon" monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand)."
"due to a card effect" and "while this card is face-up" mean nothing, remove them.
"All" as it appears on "Brightest Night" and Darkstalker also means nothing.
Finally you gave Turtle a similar effect to Ophion" "While this card has Xyz Material, [this card cannot be destroyed by battle]. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; add 1 Spell/Trap Card [that has "Destiny Dragon" in its text] from your Deck to your hand."
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #5 by Christen57 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:22 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:I'll read them if you fix the PSCT.

It's not helpful to tell him just to "fix the PSCT" without giving him any ideas on how to fix it.

Heartgold06 wrote:I want to work and finalize their effects down before I tackle PSCT. I only play Goats and PSCT is pretty confusing to me. If you want to help me, I'd greatly appriciate it.

Destiny Dragon - Anenome's first effect can be shortened from:
During your Main Phase, you can attach this card to a Dragon Xyz monster that has no Xyz materials.
to:
You can attach this card to a Dragon Xyz Monster with no material.

When saying "Xyz Monster," the "monster" has to be capitalized, so you need to say "Xyz Monster," not "Xyz monster". The same thing goes for "Normal Monster," "Effect Monster," "Ritual Monster," "Fusion Monster," "Synchro Monster," "Pendulum Monster," and "Link Monster".

Also, you don't need to say "no Xyz materials" anymore. You can just say "no material".

As for that monster's second effect to banish itself, I'm not sure what purpose that effect's supposed to serve since it's not banishing itself in exchange for anything, and none of the other cards in this archetype interact with banished cards in any way.

Destiny Dragon - Clay's effect can be shortened from:
Your Opponent cannot target "Destiny Dragon" monsters you control with card effects. During your Opponent's Main Phase, if your Opponent activates a card or effect that would destroy a "Destiny Dragon" Card you control: You can tribute this face-up card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it.
to:
"Destiny Dragon" monsters you control are un-targetable by your opponent's effects. During the Main Phase, when a card or effect is activated that would destroy a card (Quick Effect): You can Tribute this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it.

Like greg503 said, "opponent" doesn't get capitalized unless you're starting a sentence with it. Also, "Tribute" is always capitalized no matter what.
The monster's current effect is also too specific, so I think making it so it can trigger regardless of who makes the destruction attempt, regardless of who's main phase it currently is, and regardless of whether or not the card to be destroyed is part of your archetype, will make the card better. The card still won't be that strong, as being only capable during main phases of negating just destruction effects is still very specific, but it'll make the card more balanced.

Remember that balance isn't just about making sure cards aren't too strong. It's also about making sure cards aren't too weak.

Destiny Dragon - Glory's effect can be shortened from:
During the End Phase of your turn, you can target 1 Spell/Trap that has "Destiny Dragon" in its card effect that was sent to the GY this turn. Add that card to your hand. You cannot activate that card until your next End Phase. You can only activate the effect of "Destiny Dragon - Glory" once per turn.
to:
Once per turn, during the End Phase: You can target 1 "Brightest Night", "Dreamvisitor", "Jade Mountain", or "Curse of Anubis" in your GY; add it to your hand, but you cannot activate Spell/Trap Cards with that added card's name until your next End Phase.

Having a restriction where you can't use the added card until your next end phase already slows down this monster's effect enough to the point where neither the additional hard once per turn, nor requirement that the card in the graveyard be sent there that turn, are necessary. Also, you need a semi-colon before "add," not a period, and you can say "add it," not "add that card".
A semi-colon looks like this ;

Destiny Dragon - Kinkajou's first effect needs to be clear if it's activated or not, so it needs to say either:
If you did not Summon this turn, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).
or:
If you did not Summon this turn: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
but not:
If you have not Summoned a monster this turn, you can Special Summon this card from your hand.

If you surround "from your hand" with parentheses, you're indicating that it's not an activated effect, whereas if you put a colon after the "turn," you're indicating that the effect is activated.

As for the monster's second effect... since all the main deck monsters in your archetype are level 4 or lower, there's no point in specifying that the monster this monster searches has to be level 4 or lower, so this effect:
When this card is Special Summoned, add 1 Level 4 or lower "Destiny Dragon" monster from your deck to your hand.
can be shortened to:
If this card is Summoned: Add 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your Deck or GY to your hand.

You also can replace the "When" with an "If" since it makes the effect shorter without changing how the effect works since it's a mandatory effect, meaning this card's searching effect must be activated whenever possible. It won't miss timing whether it's "When" or "If" since it's mandatory. It would only miss timing if it was an optional "When" effect.
I also think removing the requirement that it has to be specifically special summoned, and instead letting that effect be used also upon normal summons as well, would give the card a much needed buff. Also, remember that there needs to be a colon after this "Summoned" and not a comma, since the effect activates.

Destiny Dragon - Moonwatcher's effect can be shortened from:
When a "Destiny Dragon" monster is Special Summoned due to a card effect while this card is face-up on the field, you can add 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your deck to your hand that has a different name than the Special Summoned monster. You can only use the effect of "Destiny Dragon - Moonwatcher" once per turn.
to:
When a "Destiny Dragon" monster is Summoned while this monster is face-up on the field: You can add 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Destiny Dragon - Moonwatcher" once per turn.

I don't think requiring the added monster to specifically have a different name from the other summoned monster(s) is necessary. Also, unless you specifically don't want this effect triggering off of pendulum summons, there's no need for "due to a card effect" either.

Destiny Dragon - Peril should have some type of negative effect if it's gonna have both a level 3 and an ATK of at least 2000, so maybe it's effect can be changed to something like:
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by controlling a "Destiny Dragon" monster. Once per turn: You can destroy 1 monster on the field.

Requiring players to count up levels and ranks in order to determine what this monster can destroy with it's effect just makes that effect tedious and confusing for no reason, so it should be just a simple soft once per turn monster destruction effect without the need for other variables like levels and ranks to be taken into account.

Destiny Dragon - Qibli's first effect can literally just be "Cannot be destroyed by battle" without the requirement of controlling other specific monsters (as plenty of official low level monsters already have immunity to destructions with no strings attached), while it can receive another effect on top of that to make it playable like 'If you control a "Destiny Dragon" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).'

Destiny Dragon - Starflight's effect should be shortened from:
During your opponent's Main Phase (Quick Effect): If your opponent activates an effect that targets and destroys 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster you control, discard this card to Special Summon 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your deck with a different name and an equal or lower Level/Rank to the destroyed monster.
to:
During your opponent's turn, when they activate a card or effect that targets, or would destroy, a card (Quick Effect): You can discard this card; Special Summon 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your hand or Deck.

Requiring the activated thing to both target and destroy your monster, and requiring the special summoned monster afterwards to have to have a different name and equal/lower level/rank on top of that, makes this effect too specific and situational. Just making it so it triggers during the opponent's turn upon any targeting or destruction, and special summons any of this archetype's monsters from the hand or deck, seems good enough.

Destiny Dragon - Sunny's effect can be shortened from:
If there is no other monsters on your side of the field (except this card), you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Destiny Dragon" monster from your hand that has a different name than this card. You can only use the effect of "Destiny Dragon - Sunny" once per turn.
to:
If you control no other monsters: You can Special Summon 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your hand.

Just requiring you to control no other monsters is restrictive enough. There's no need to also make this effect hard once per turn or require the special summoned monster to specifically have a different name than this card.

Destiny Dragon - Tsunami's effect can be shortened from:
Discard a card from your hand: destroy Spell/Trap cards on your opponent's side of the field equal to the number of "Destiny Dragon" monsters you control with different names. This card cannot attack the turn this effect is activated. You can only use the effect of "Destiny Dragon - Tsunami" once per turn.
to:
(Quick Effect): You can discard 1 card; destroy Spells/Traps on the field up to the number of "Destiny Dragon" monsters you control, but if you do, monsters you currently control cannot attack for the rest of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Destiny Dragon - Tsunami" once per turn.

You don't need to include "from your hand" when talking about discarding, as discards will always, by default, be done from hands, and just requiring you to control extra Destiny Dragon monsters to destroy extra spells/traps is enough without also requiring them to specifically have different names. I also thought it wouldn't hurt to make this effect a quick effect while also making it so it prevents all your currently controlled monsters from attacking for the rest of that turn instead of just itself.
Also, remember that costs use semi-colons, not regular colons.

Destiny Dragon - Winter needs to have a colon after "opponent" since controlling less monsters than that opponent is the activation requirement, and then the "you" in "you can" needs to be capitalized since you'll then be starting a sentence with it, while "can only activate the effect of" should instead be "can only use this effect of".

Brightest Night's effect can be shortened from:
Choose one of these 2 effects:
• Select 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster on your side of the field. Special Summon 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your deck with a different name than the selected monster.
• All Dragon monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle until your opponent's next End Phase.

to:
Activate 1 of these effects:
● Target 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster you control; Special Summon from your hand or Deck 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster with a different name.
● Your Dragon monsters cannot be destroyed by battle until your opponent's next End Phase.

When using bullet points, you have to copy and paste them from a card like Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring or something. You need to use specifically these: ●
not these: •

As those big bullet points are what the TCG uses.

Dreamvisitor's effect can be shortened from:
You can only activate this card if there are no monsters on your side of the field. Add 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your deck or GY to your hand.
to:
If you control no monsters: Add 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your Deck or GY to your hand.

Remember that Deck is always capitalized, like greg503 said.

Jade Mountain's effect can be shortened from:
Your opponent cannot Special Summon monsters from their Extra Deck with a lower Level/Rank than the total number of "Destiny Dragon" monsters with different names on your side of the field. If there are no "Destiny Dragon" monsters on your side of the field, destroy this card.
to:
Your opponent cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck with a lower Level, Rank, or Link Rating than the number of "Destiny Dragon" monsters you control. If you control no "Destiny Dragon" monsters, destroy this card.

Curse of Anubis's effect should be changed from:
If your opponent activates a card effect that would negate the effects of a face-up "Destiny Dragon" monster you control, negate that effect. During their End Phase, your opponent can destroy this card by paying LP equal to the number of "Destiny Dragon" monsters you control x 400.
to:
If you control no cards, you can activate this card from your hand. The activation and effects of "Destiny Dragon" monsters activated on your field cannot be negated. Once per turn: You can target any number of cards in your GY, including a "Destiny Dragon" monster; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw 1 card.

This card's negate-prevention effect isn't strong enough to warrant an option for the opponent to destroy it through life points, and it should be activatable from the hand through some condition being met so it can be utilized on turn 1 to protect you from hand traps and stuff. Plus, giving it that extra effect to recycle cards will give it an additional use outside of the very specific negation-prevention.

Destiny Dragon - Darkstalker's restrictions are too much, and both it's search effect and ATK-increasing effect should be 1 effect to make it more decent, so it's entire text should be changed to:
2 Level 4 "Destiny Dragon" monsters
You can detach 1 material from this card; add 1 "Brightest Night", "Dreamvisitor", "Jade Mountain", or "Curse of Anubis" from your Deck or GY to your hand, and if you do, all monsters you currently control gain 400 ATK until the end of your next turn. You can only use this effect of "Destiny Dragon - Darkstalker" once per turn.

Destiny Dragon - Scarlet should give itself more ATK per Destiny Dragon monster than just 200, like x 500 or x 1000, instead.
Also:
You may detach 1 Xyz material from this card to increase this card's ATK until your next end phase by number of "Destiny Dragon" monsters
can be shortened to:
You can detach 1 material from this card; until your next End Phase, this card gains ATK equal to the number of "Destiny Dragon" monsters

You don't say "You may". This isn't Magic The Gathering. You say "You can".

Destiny Dragon - Turtle's effect can be shortened from:
2 Level 4 "Destiny Dragon" monsters with different names
While this card has an Xyz material attached to it, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. You can detatch an Xyz material from this card to add 1 Spell/Trap that has "Destiny Dragon" in its card effect from your deck to your hand. You can only activate the effect of "Destiny Dragon - Turtle" once per turn.

to:
This card with material cannot be destroyed by battle. You can detach 1 material from this card; add 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster, "Brightest Night", "Dreamvisitor", "Jade Mountain", or "Curse of Anubis" from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Destiny Dragon - Turtle" once per turn.

Replacing 'Spell/Trap that has "Destiny Dragon" in its card effect' with just the names of those 4 spells/traps will make the effect easier to read, as now, instead of players having to check every card's text to make sure it lists "Destiny Dragon," they can just look at the card's name to see if it's one of those cards, which is less tedious. Plus, it's less confusing as well, since requiring cards to 'have "Destiny Dragon" in the card text' could be interpreted as you requiring those cards to specifically list a card that goes by the name "Destiny Dragon" instead of you requiring them to 'just list the phrase "Destiny Dragon"' like you intended.

Renji Asuka

Post #6 by Renji Asuka » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:10 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:I'll read them if you fix the PSCT.

It's not helpful to tell him just to "fix the PSCT" without giving him any ideas on how to fix it.

Heartgold06 wrote:I want to work and finalize their effects down before I tackle PSCT. I only play Goats and PSCT is pretty confusing to me. If you want to help me, I'd greatly appriciate it.

Destiny Dragon - Anenome's first effect can be shortened from:
During your Main Phase, you can attach this card to a Dragon Xyz monster that has no Xyz materials.
to:
You can attach this card to a Dragon Xyz Monster with no material.

When saying "Xyz Monster," the "monster" has to be capitalized, so you need to say "Xyz Monster," not "Xyz monster". The same thing goes for "Normal Monster," "Effect Monster," "Ritual Monster," "Fusion Monster," "Synchro Monster," "Pendulum Monster," and "Link Monster".

Also, you don't need to say "no Xyz materials" anymore. You can just say "no material".

As for that monster's second effect to banish itself, I'm not sure what purpose that effect's supposed to serve since it's not banishing itself in exchange for anything, and none of the other cards in this archetype interact with banished cards in any way.

Destiny Dragon - Clay's effect can be shortened from:
Your Opponent cannot target "Destiny Dragon" monsters you control with card effects. During your Opponent's Main Phase, if your Opponent activates a card or effect that would destroy a "Destiny Dragon" Card you control: You can tribute this face-up card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it.
to:
"Destiny Dragon" monsters you control are un-targetable by your opponent's effects. During the Main Phase, when a card or effect is activated that would destroy a card (Quick Effect): You can Tribute this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it.

Like greg503 said, "opponent" doesn't get capitalized unless you're starting a sentence with it. Also, "Tribute" is always capitalized no matter what.
The monster's current effect is also too specific, so I think making it so it can trigger regardless of who makes the destruction attempt, regardless of who's main phase it currently is, and regardless of whether or not the card to be destroyed is part of your archetype, will make the card better. The card still won't be that strong, as being only capable during main phases of negating just destruction effects is still very specific, but it'll make the card more balanced.

Remember that balance isn't just about making sure cards aren't too strong. It's also about making sure cards aren't too weak.

Destiny Dragon - Glory's effect can be shortened from:
During the End Phase of your turn, you can target 1 Spell/Trap that has "Destiny Dragon" in its card effect that was sent to the GY this turn. Add that card to your hand. You cannot activate that card until your next End Phase. You can only activate the effect of "Destiny Dragon - Glory" once per turn.
to:
Once per turn, during the End Phase: You can target 1 "Brightest Night", "Dreamvisitor", "Jade Mountain", or "Curse of Anubis" in your GY; add it to your hand, but you cannot activate Spell/Trap Cards with that added card's name until your next End Phase.

Having a restriction where you can't use the added card until your next end phase already slows down this monster's effect enough to the point where neither the additional hard once per turn, nor requirement that the card in the graveyard be sent there that turn, are necessary. Also, you need a semi-colon before "add," not a period, and you can say "add it," not "add that card".
A semi-colon looks like this ;

Destiny Dragon - Kinkajou's first effect needs to be clear if it's activated or not, so it needs to say either:
If you did not Summon this turn, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).
or:
If you did not Summon this turn: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
but not:
If you have not Summoned a monster this turn, you can Special Summon this card from your hand.

If you surround "from your hand" with parentheses, you're indicating that it's not an activated effect, whereas if you put a colon after the "turn," you're indicating that the effect is activated.

As for the monster's second effect... since all the main deck monsters in your archetype are level 4 or lower, there's no point in specifying that the monster this monster searches has to be level 4 or lower, so this effect:
When this card is Special Summoned, add 1 Level 4 or lower "Destiny Dragon" monster from your deck to your hand.
can be shortened to:
If this card is Summoned: Add 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your Deck or GY to your hand.

You also can replace the "When" with an "If" since it makes the effect shorter without changing how the effect works since it's a mandatory effect, meaning this card's searching effect must be activated whenever possible. It won't miss timing whether it's "When" or "If" since it's mandatory. It would only miss timing if it was an optional "When" effect.
I also think removing the requirement that it has to be specifically special summoned, and instead letting that effect be used also upon normal summons as well, would give the card a much needed buff. Also, remember that there needs to be a colon after this "Summoned" and not a comma, since the effect activates.

Destiny Dragon - Moonwatcher's effect can be shortened from:
When a "Destiny Dragon" monster is Special Summoned due to a card effect while this card is face-up on the field, you can add 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your deck to your hand that has a different name than the Special Summoned monster. You can only use the effect of "Destiny Dragon - Moonwatcher" once per turn.
to:
When a "Destiny Dragon" monster is Summoned while this monster is face-up on the field: You can add 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Destiny Dragon - Moonwatcher" once per turn.

I don't think requiring the added monster to specifically have a different name from the other summoned monster(s) is necessary. Also, unless you specifically don't want this effect triggering off of pendulum summons, there's no need for "due to a card effect" either.

Destiny Dragon - Peril should have some type of negative effect if it's gonna have both a level 3 and an ATK of at least 2000, so maybe it's effect can be changed to something like:
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by controlling a "Destiny Dragon" monster. Once per turn: You can destroy 1 monster on the field.

Requiring players to count up levels and ranks in order to determine what this monster can destroy with it's effect just makes that effect tedious and confusing for no reason, so it should be just a simple soft once per turn monster destruction effect without the need for other variables like levels and ranks to be taken into account.

Destiny Dragon - Qibli's first effect can literally just be "Cannot be destroyed by battle" without the requirement of controlling other specific monsters (as plenty of official low level monsters already have immunity to destructions with no strings attached), while it can receive another effect on top of that to make it playable like 'If you control a "Destiny Dragon" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).'

Destiny Dragon - Starflight's effect should be shortened from:
During your opponent's Main Phase (Quick Effect): If your opponent activates an effect that targets and destroys 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster you control, discard this card to Special Summon 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your deck with a different name and an equal or lower Level/Rank to the destroyed monster.
to:
During your opponent's turn, when they activate a card or effect that targets, or would destroy, a card (Quick Effect): You can discard this card; Special Summon 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your hand or Deck.

Requiring the activated thing to both target and destroy your monster, and requiring the special summoned monster afterwards to have to have a different name and equal/lower level/rank on top of that, makes this effect too specific and situational. Just making it so it triggers during the opponent's turn upon any targeting or destruction, and special summons any of this archetype's monsters from the hand or deck, seems good enough.

Destiny Dragon - Sunny's effect can be shortened from:
If there is no other monsters on your side of the field (except this card), you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Destiny Dragon" monster from your hand that has a different name than this card. You can only use the effect of "Destiny Dragon - Sunny" once per turn.
to:
If you control no other monsters: You can Special Summon 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your hand.

Just requiring you to control no other monsters is restrictive enough. There's no need to also make this effect hard once per turn or require the special summoned monster to specifically have a different name than this card.

Destiny Dragon - Tsunami's effect can be shortened from:
Discard a card from your hand: destroy Spell/Trap cards on your opponent's side of the field equal to the number of "Destiny Dragon" monsters you control with different names. This card cannot attack the turn this effect is activated. You can only use the effect of "Destiny Dragon - Tsunami" once per turn.
to:
(Quick Effect): You can discard 1 card; destroy Spells/Traps on the field up to the number of "Destiny Dragon" monsters you control, but if you do, monsters you currently control cannot attack for the rest of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Destiny Dragon - Tsunami" once per turn.

You don't need to include "from your hand" when talking about discarding, as discards will always, by default, be done from hands, and just requiring you to control extra Destiny Dragon monsters to destroy extra spells/traps is enough without also requiring them to specifically have different names. I also thought it wouldn't hurt to make this effect a quick effect while also making it so it prevents all your currently controlled monsters from attacking for the rest of that turn instead of just itself.
Also, remember that costs use semi-colons, not regular colons.

Destiny Dragon - Winter needs to have a colon after "opponent" since controlling less monsters than that opponent is the activation requirement, and then the "you" in "you can" needs to be capitalized since you'll then be starting a sentence with it, while "can only activate the effect of" should instead be "can only use this effect of".

Brightest Night's effect can be shortened from:
Choose one of these 2 effects:
• Select 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster on your side of the field. Special Summon 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your deck with a different name than the selected monster.
• All Dragon monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle until your opponent's next End Phase.

to:
Activate 1 of these effects:
● Target 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster you control; Special Summon from your hand or Deck 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster with a different name.
● Your Dragon monsters cannot be destroyed by battle until your opponent's next End Phase.

When using bullet points, you have to copy and paste them from a card like Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring or something. You need to use specifically these: ●
not these: •

As those big bullet points are what the TCG uses.

Dreamvisitor's effect can be shortened from:
You can only activate this card if there are no monsters on your side of the field. Add 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your deck or GY to your hand.
to:
If you control no monsters: Add 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster from your Deck or GY to your hand.

Remember that Deck is always capitalized, like greg503 said.

Jade Mountain's effect can be shortened from:
Your opponent cannot Special Summon monsters from their Extra Deck with a lower Level/Rank than the total number of "Destiny Dragon" monsters with different names on your side of the field. If there are no "Destiny Dragon" monsters on your side of the field, destroy this card.
to:
Your opponent cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck with a lower Level, Rank, or Link Rating than the number of "Destiny Dragon" monsters you control. If you control no "Destiny Dragon" monsters, destroy this card.

Curse of Anubis's effect should be changed from:
If your opponent activates a card effect that would negate the effects of a face-up "Destiny Dragon" monster you control, negate that effect. During their End Phase, your opponent can destroy this card by paying LP equal to the number of "Destiny Dragon" monsters you control x 400.
to:
If you control no cards, you can activate this card from your hand. The activation and effects of "Destiny Dragon" monsters activated on your field cannot be negated. Once per turn: You can target any number of cards in your GY, including a "Destiny Dragon" monster; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw 1 card.

This card's negate-prevention effect isn't strong enough to warrant an option for the opponent to destroy it through life points, and it should be activatable from the hand through some condition being met so it can be utilized on turn 1 to protect you from hand traps and stuff. Plus, giving it that extra effect to recycle cards will give it an additional use outside of the very specific negation-prevention.

Destiny Dragon - Darkstalker's restrictions are too much, and both it's search effect and ATK-increasing effect should be 1 effect to make it more decent, so it's entire text should be changed to:
You can detach 1 material from this card; add 1 "Brightest Night", "Dreamvisitor", "Jade Mountain", or "Curse of Anubis" from your Deck or GY to your hand, and if you do, all monsters you currently control gain 400 ATK until the end of your next turn. You can only use this effect of "Destiny Dragon - Darkstalker" once per turn.

Destiny Dragon - Scarlet should give itself more ATK per Destiny Dragon monster than just 200, like x 500 or x 1000, instead.
Also:
You may detach 1 Xyz material from this card to increase this card's ATK until your next end phase by number of "Destiny Dragon" monsters
can be shortened to:
You can detach 1 material from this card; until your next End Phase, this card gains ATK equal to the number of "Destiny Dragon" monsters

You don't say "You may". This isn't Magic The Gathering. You say "You can".

Destiny Dragon - Turtle's effect can be shortened from:
2 Level 4 "Destiny Dragon" monsters with different names
While this card has an Xyz material attached to it, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. You can detatch an Xyz material from this card to add 1 Spell/Trap that has "Destiny Dragon" in its card effect from your deck to your hand. You can only activate the effect of "Destiny Dragon - Turtle" once per turn.

to:
This card with material cannot be destroyed by battle. You can detach 1 material from this card; add 1 "Destiny Dragon" monster, "Brightest Night", "Dreamvisitor", "Jade Mountain", or "Curse of Anubis" from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Destiny Dragon - Turtle" once per turn.

Replacing 'Spell/Trap that has "Destiny Dragon" in its card effect' with just the names of those 4 spells/traps will make the effect easier to read, as now, instead of players having to check every card's text to make sure it lists "Destiny Dragon," they can just look at the card's name to see if it's one of those cards, which is less tedious. Plus, it's less confusing as well, since requiring cards to 'have "Destiny Dragon" in the card text' could be interpreted as you requiring those cards to specifically list a card that goes by the name "Destiny Dragon" instead of you requiring them to 'just list the phrase "Destiny Dragon"' like you intended.

All you have to do is look at current cards and you can make proper PSCT custom cards. It isn't hard.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #7 by Lil Oldman » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:58 pm

At most just read the official PSCT document.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Heartgold06
Mood:

Post #8 by Heartgold06 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:29 pm

Thank you all for the help. I'm planning on changing the cards to have PSCT soon. Keep in mind some of the effects are not final and it is not out of the quesiton i might rework some cards entirely but this is a great first step.

Heartgold06
Mood:

Post #9 by Heartgold06 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:23 pm

I updated Clay, Tsunami, Sunny, and Dreamvisitor. All the other cards I'm not 100% happy with their effects, so I'm keeping them the way they are for now. Feel free to suggest card effect changes.

Return to “Custom Cards”