Magjinx: the gathering

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Levionia

Magjinx: the gathering

Post #1 by Levionia » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:48 pm

Here is how id implement magic the gathering mechanics into yugioh

MAGJINX Gathering
[Field Spell]
If a monster is summoned in face-up attack position: change that monster to defense position. If a face-up attack position monster activated its effects or battled this turn, chanfe that monster to defense position. If a monster(s) is change to defense position by this effect, its effects are negated and it cannot change its battle poisition until your next standby phase. If all cards the opponent controls are in defense position, you can attack directly, otherwise, your opponent can change the attack target to 1 attack position monster they control. If a face-up "Manapool" card would be set face-down, you can set this card face-down instead.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:40 pm

Imagine reading the rulebook for 2 card games lmao
Buy Floowandereeze

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #3 by DarwisBellium92 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:00 pm

Nah, i prefer the original MtG :P
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:25 pm

Levionia wrote:Here is how id implement magic the gathering mechanics into yugioh

MAGJINX Gathering
[Field Spell]
If a monster is summoned in face-up attack position: change that monster to defense position. If a face-up attack position monster activated its effects or battled this turn, chanfe that monster to defense position. If a monster(s) is change to defense position by this effect, its effects are negated and it cannot change its battle poisition until your next standby phase. If all cards the opponent controls are in defense position, you can attack directly, otherwise, your opponent can change the attack target to 1 attack position monster they control. If a face-up "Manapool" card would be set face-down, you can set this card face-down instead.
wut about link monsters
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

troglyte
Mood:

Post #5 by troglyte » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:02 am

i'd rather this just be a completely separate format, as opposed to a separate card.

I wouldn't play it, but that's besides the point
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Saraak
Mood:

Post #6 by Saraak » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:31 am

I want to try to reword and fix the capitalizations and PSCT out of curiosity.

>If a non-Link Monster is Summoned in Attack Position: Change that monster to face-up Defense Position. If a face-up Attack Position monster activated its effects or battled this turn, change that monster to face-up Defense Position. If a monster(s) is changed to face-up Defense Position by this effect, its effects are negated and it cannot change its battle position until your next Standby Phase. If all cards the opponent controls are in Defense Position, you can attack directly, otherwise, your opponent can change the attack target to 1 Attack Position monster they control. If a face-up "Manapool" card would be Set face-down, you can Set this card face-down instead.

I don't get having the first effect chainable but the others are not chainable. If you wanted to replicate MtG via a Field Spell, then surely having them all as non-activated effects would be better? Also, Yugioh cards tend to have a maximum of 3 effects. This card has like 5. I think I can reduce it to 3 like so:

>If a non-Link Monster is Summoned in Attack Position, change that monster to face-up Defense Position. If a face-up Attack Position monster(s) activated its effects or battled this turn, change that monster to face-up Defense Position, then negate its effects, also it cannot change its battle position until its controller's next Standby Phase. If all monsters the turn player's opponent controls are in Defense Position, the turn player can attack directly, otherwise, the turn player's opponent can choose Attack Position monsters they control as attack targets for the turn player's attacks.

I also cut the last effect, because I don't see how changing the Field face-down benefits anyone, because it removes the entire gimmick of being MtG as a Yugioh card.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

Levionia

Post #7 by Levionia » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:00 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
Levionia wrote:Here is how id implement magic the gathering mechanics into yugioh

MAGJINX Gathering
[Field Spell]
wut about link monsters

Link monsters cant be changed to defense position it doesnt need to be stated.

Levionia

Post #8 by Levionia » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:05 am

Saraak wrote:I want to try to reword and fix the capitalizations and PSCT out of curiosity.

>If a non-Link Monster is Summoned in Attack Position: Change that monster to face-up Defense Position. If a face-up Attack Position monster activated its effects or battled this turn, change that monster to face-up Defense Position. If a monster(s) is changed to face-up Defense Position by this effect, its effects are negated and it cannot change its battle position until your next Standby Phase. If all cards the opponent controls are in Defense Position, you can attack directly, otherwise, your opponent can change the attack target to 1 Attack Position monster they control. If a face-up "Manapool" card would be Set face-down, you can Set this card face-down instead.

I don't get having the first effect chainable but the others are not chainable. If you wanted to replicate MtG via a Field Spell, then surely having them all as non-activated effects would be better? Also, Yugioh cards tend to have a maximum of 3 effects. This card has like 5. I think I can reduce it to 3 like so:

>If a non-Link Monster is Summoned in Attack Position, change that monster to face-up Defense Position. If a face-up Attack Position monster(s) activated its effects or battled this turn, change that monster to face-up Defense Position, then negate its effects, also it cannot change its battle position until its controller's next Standby Phase. If all monsters the turn player's opponent controls are in Defense Position, the turn player can attack directly, otherwise, the turn player's opponent can choose Attack Position monsters they control as attack targets for the turn player's attacks.

I also cut the last effect, because I don't see how changing the Field face-down benefits anyone, because it removes the entire gimmick of being MtG as a Yugioh card.

Will be changing the effect to be non-chainable but some other notes:
Doesnt need to specify "Non-links" because links already cant be changed to def, they would not be affected by this cards effect. for more examples of this, see Scareclaw Tri-Heart, Cards have more than 3 effects all the time, so i have no idea where you got that idea, and the "flip this card face down" for mana pools ties into the other cards, the monsters effects would have you setting HOPT "manapool" continuous spells for cost to "cast" (activate) their effects. working to intigrate other MTG effects into Yugioh mechanics.

Levionia

Post #9 by Levionia » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:08 am

This was more an exercise in integrating mechanics outside of yugioh to yugioh in an organic way, rather than what i see a lot of custom makers do, which is by adding fake effect denotations or having the effects requring something beyond the scope of the game to work.

Return to “Custom Cards”