Custom Archetype "Holomech": Pendulum Summon on your Opponent's Turn! (If they control a Machine monster)

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Saraak
Mood:

Custom Archetype "Holomech": Pendulum Summon on your Opponent's Turn! (If they control a Machine monster)

Post #1 by Saraak » Thu May 26, 2022 8:15 am

I saw some incredible fanart of Hololive EN as mecha girls. That then caused me to make this archetype. The idea came later upon realizing the images could only be cropped to 3:2 instead of square because of the dimensions, making them necessary to be Pendulum Monsters. That is pretty much the main reason this archetype exists. (Also, am posting now because I can't edit it anymore with the server shutting down.)

The basic gist of the archetype is that it wants your opponent's monsters to be Machine-Type, and if they are, they can activate the majority of their effects, but not all. Otherwise, it'd be a clunky mess. Such effects that require your opponent to control a Machine vary from simple monster destruction to summoning a Machine token to either side of the field, and even Pendulum Summoning on your opponent's turn.

The Level 6 monsters are Scale 7, have an additional effect when battling a Machine monster, and need to be Pendulum Summoned or Special Summoned from the GY to activate their main disruption effects. The Level 5 monsters are Scale 4, can be Normal Summoned if you control a face-up archetype monster, and can activate their effects upon being Normal or Special Summoned. All of their Pendulum effects, except 1 monster, require your opponent to control a Machine monster to be active. The spell sets your scales, your Trap facilitates OTKs, and the Link monster serves as an extender. Personally, I think this archetype is pretty balanced, but I've been wrong before.

TLDR; If they have a Machine monster, you basically go ham.

Art Sources:

Cards: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=10767678

Sample Deck: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=10754753

Replays:

Some Notes:
  • I'm not sure if the PSCT on these cards are 100% correct, so feel free to correct me if they aren't.
  • The Link monster is not HOPT. This was intentional to help play around your opponent having Link Spider.
  • Due to all the monsters being machines, you can use Regulus here freely.
  • As shown in the combo replay, you can set your main combo up with the Spell, or with `Dedication` and any other Pendulum monster.
  • Also shown in the combo replay, you can send any monster you potentially want to Pendulum Summon on your opponent's turn to the GY.
  • Unfortunately, just like Swordsoul, you can get Token Collecter'd, but it won't hurt you as much if you have the Trap.
  • While the Trap facilitates OTKs, you can also (probably) use it to disrupt by changing the type of an opponent's monsters.
  • If you Pendulum Summon on your opponent's turn, and have an extra `Adaptation` in your hand or face-up in your ED, you can potentially use the Link monster's effect to place it in your Pendulum Zone for extra protection.
  • Small World is helpful here. This is due to all the archetype monsters being different enough to be hand reveals or as bridges to gain access to either `Dedication` or `Rumination`.
  • I made this archetype last night, but suddenly as I woke up, I learned Konami released a new card called Clockwork Night. This thing essentially does what this archetype wants, can help search Dedication if it's in the GY, and eliminates the need to summon Machine tokens. Wowzers.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #2 by DarwisBellium92 » Fri May 27, 2022 9:52 am

A Holomech with Cyber Dragon?
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #3 by Saraak » Fri May 27, 2022 10:19 am

Cyber dragons would be a good idea for a going second variant of the deck instead of the Combo-focused one I have right now. Fusing into Chimaratech with most of your opponent's monsters sounds fun. Maybe I'll try and build that in the near future.

Because right now I'm tired from screwing around with a mashup of World Legacy, Therions, and Holomech in one mess of a deck
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #4 by DarwisBellium92 » Fri May 27, 2022 11:14 am

Saraak wrote:Cyber dragons would be a good idea for a going second variant of the deck instead of the Combo-focused one I have right now. Fusing into Chimaratech with most of your opponent's monsters sounds fun. Maybe I'll try and build that in the near future.

Because right now I'm tired from screwing around with a mashup of World Legacy, Therions, and Holomech in one mess of a deck

Good :D
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist

Cit.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #5 by DarwisBellium92 » Fri May 27, 2022 2:28 pm

So... i seen your archetype is pure originality.
A little tips: you create a Xyz Rank 5 or 6 Holomech monster and a fusion monster. In the future, add also a Tuner Pendulum Holomech

Cit.

Christen57

Post #6 by Christen57 » Sat May 28, 2022 1:44 am

You've gotten so much better at problem-solving card text since I last reviewed customs of yours, but there are still ways to shorten your effects further to make reading and understanding them easier and less confusing.

The effects that say "If this card is Pendulum Summoned, or Special Summoned from the GY" should say "Special Summoned from the GY" first then "is Pendulum Summoned," so they'll instead say:
If this card is Special Summoned from the GY or Pendulum Summoned
Otherwise, players could interpret "Pendulum Summoned or Special Summoned from the GY" as "Pendulum Summoned from the GY or Special Summoned from the GY". I know pendulum summoning from the graveyard isn't a thing yet, but it's still makes more sense to list it in the way I recommend, as cards like Raidraptor - Rudder Strix that want to trigger their effects when summoned from a location one way but also summoned a different way will list the condition of it being special summoned from the listed location first (which is the hand in it's case), then the condition of it being summoned the other way but this time regardless of location (which is, in this case, it being normal summoned).

For these effects:
"At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a Machine monster: You can destroy it."
"At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a Machine monster: You can change its ATK to 0."
"At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a Machine monster: You can banish it."
Replace "it" with "that monster" (or "that Machine monster"), so it's more clear you're trying to destroy, reduce to 0 ATK, or banish, the monster your monster's battling, or else players will think you're trying to do those things to your own monsters. Notice how El Shaddoll Construct, for example, says "At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a Special Summoned monster: Destroy that monster" and not "At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a Special Summoned monster: Destroy it". This is to make it clear that El Shaddoll Construct's trying to destroy the battling special summoned monster in question and not itself.

Some of your monsters say "If you control a "Holomech" monster, you can Normal Summon this card without Tribute." It should be either "without Tributes" (with an S at the end), or just "without Tributing".

Holomech of Dedication's monster effect needs to be more clear if "destroy it, and if it was a Machine monster" means if the monster was Machine prior to the destruction in question or if the monster remained Machine after leaving the field, so you should reword that effect like this so it's more clear:
You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it, and if it was a face-up Machine monster when it was on the field, this card can make a second attack during each Battle Phase this turn.

Holomech of Laceration has too many unnecessary words in it's pendulum effect. This:
If your opponent controls a Machine, you can also Special Summon "Holomech" monsters with a Level from your GY to your Main Monster Zones up to the number of Machine monsters on the field, but if you do, destroy this card.
can be shortened to:
If your opponent controls a Machine: You can Special Summon non-Link "Holomech" monsters from your GY up to the number of Machine monsters on the field, but if you do, destroy this card.
Unless you were trying to make this effect let you pendulum summon from the graveyard, I don't know what the "also" was for, and when special summoning monsters from the graveyard, they'll already, by default, go to main monster zones, as monsters special summoned from the graveyard don't usually go to any extra monster zone, even if they're fusion/synchro/xyz/link monsters.

It's monster effect can also be shortened. This:
You can target 1 card in either player's GY; banish it, and if you do, 1 monster your opponent controls becomes a Machine monster (if any)
can be shortened to:
You can target 1 card in the GY; banish it, and if you do, you can change the Type of 1 monster your opponent controls to Machine.
There's no need to use the term "either player's GY" anymore. We now just say "the GY" instead when referring to 1 card at a time in the graveyard of either player. Notice how Cynet Universe says "Target 1 monster in the GY" instead of "Target 1 monster in either player's GY".

Holomech of Veneration's pendulum effect is confusing. I can't tell if that effect is supposed to make it destroy itself if you use it and previously pendulum summoned that turn, or destroy itself if you pendulum summon later in the turn after you use it. It needs to be more clear if the pendulum summon needs to occur before or after (or both) it uses that effect for it to destroy itself.
If it's before, the effect should be worded like this:
If your opponent controls a Machine: You can target 1 "Holomech" card in your other Pendulum Zone; change its Pendulum Scale to 4 or 7, then destroy this card if you Pendulum Summoned previously this turn.

If it's after, the effect should be worded like this:
Once per turn, if your opponent controls a Machine: You can target 1 "Holomech" card in your other Pendulum Zone; change its Pendulum Scale to 4 or 7, but if you do, this card gains this effect until the end of this turn.
● If you Pendulum Summon: Destroy this card.

Either way, you don't say 'other face-up "Holomech" card in your Pendulum Zone'. You say "Holomech" card in your other Pendulum Zone without including "face-up," as any specific archetype you're referring to and targeting in a pendulum zone is already, by default, going to always be face-up, as cards in pendulum zones can never be face-down.

Recommend changing Holomech of Adaptation's entire pendulum effect to just:
When an activated card or effect resolves while your opponent controls a Machine monster, you can negate that effect, then destroy this card. You can only use this effect of "Holomech of Adaptation" once per turn.
as also requiring the activated thing in question to destroy/negate something of yours makes this pendulum effect more specific and situational than it needs to be in my opinion, especially when this archetype already relies heavily on the opponent's monsters being specifically Machine without enough reliable ways to make them Machine.

I don't see the point in making Holomech of Rumination's pendulum effect hard once per turn when it's already going to destroy itself immediately after you use it's effect for a pendulum summon, meaning you wouldn't be able to conduct another pendulum summon that turn anyway since, after the self-destruction, you'll then lack the appropriate scales in the pendulum zones for any further pendulum summoning until you set up a new pendulum scale in your following turn or something.

Also, like Holomech of Laceration, you should replace "1 monster your opponent controls become a Machine monster (if any)" with "you can change the Type of 1 monster your opponent controls to Machine" in Holomech of Rumination's monster effect.

Holomech Generation's entire effect should be changed from:
If your opponent only controls Machine monsters, all "Holomech" monsters you control can attack directly, but if they do, half any battle damage they inflict. During either player's turn: You can make 1 monster your opponent controls become a Machine monster. You can only use this effect of "Holomech Generation" once per turn.
to:
Your "Holomech" monsters can attack directly while the only face-up monsters your opponent controls are Machine, but when they use this effect, halve any battle damage your opponent takes. You can change the Type of 1 monster your opponent controls to Machine. You can only use this effect of "Holomech Generation" once per turn.

The problem with saying "your opponent only controls Machine monsters" instead of "the only face-up monsters your opponent controls are Machine" is that the former isn't exactly clear if face-down monsters are also counted, or if just face-up monsters are. The latter is clear on that. Also, when effects continuously give any monster(s) the ability to attack directly and nothing else, you can word it as "your X monsters can attack directly" which is shorter and easier to read than "all X monsters you control can attack directly".
Finally, you don't need to mention "During either player's turn" for continuous trap effects, as those kinds of effects are already, by default, going to be useable "during either player's turn" unless stated otherwise.

Holomech of Ordination's entire text can be shortened from:

2 monsters with different names, including a "Holomech" monster
If this card is Link Summoned: Special Summon 1 "Holomech Token" (Machine/WIND/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0) to either side of the field in Defense Position. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can take 1 non-Link "Holomech" monster from your GY or face-up in your Extra Deck, either add it to your hand or place it in your Pendulum Zone.

to:
2 monsters with different names including a "Holomech" monster
If this card is Link Summoned: Special Summon 1 "Holomech Token" (Machine/WIND/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0) to either field in Defense Position. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can add to your hand or place in your Pendulum Zone 1 "Holomech" Pendulum Monster from your GY or face-up Extra Deck.

There's no need for a comma between "names" and "including". Look at how Blackbeard, the Plunder Patroll Captain's wording for it's summoning requirements is "2 monsters including an X monster" without the need for any commas there.
You don't need to include "side of the" anymore when referring to either field. Many old cards included that part, but as of now, you can just say "either field" without the "side of the" part.
Since every monster in your archetype except the link monster is a pendulum monster, it makes more sense to say "Holomech" Pendulum Monster instead of non-Link "Holomech" monster.
As for the last part of that monster's effect, while many older cards would word their effects to say "Take 1 X card from location's A or B and either do Y or Z with that card," newer cards now word it like "do Y or Z with card X from location's A or B" or "do Y or Z from location's A or B with card X" as those 2 wordings are shorter while conveying the same thing. An older card like SPYRAL Double Helix, for example, would word it's effect the old way ("take 1 "SPYRAL" monster from your Deck or GY, and either add it to your hand or Special Summon it") while a newer card like Dogmatika Encounter, for example, words it the newer way ("Add to your hand or Special Summon 1 "Dogmatika" monster or "Fallen of Albaz" from your GY").

Lastly, when listing your hand, Deck, and/or GY, alongside your face-up Extra Deck, in an effect, you can word it any of the following ways:
  • from your hand or face-up Extra Deck
  • from your Deck or face-up Extra Deck
  • from your GY or face-up Extra Deck
  • from your hand, Deck, or face-up Extra Deck
  • from your Deck, GY, or face-up Extra Deck
  • from your hand, GY, or face-up Extra Deck
  • from your hand, Deck, GY or face-up Extra Deck
but when wording it like any of these, you don't need to say "face-up in your Extra Deck". You can just say "face-up Extra Deck" without including "in" there.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #7 by Saraak » Sun May 29, 2022 12:03 am

With the change to Dedication's card text, it ended up bloating as a result. For the sake of my need for uniformity, I'm changing the double attack effect to simply doubling Dedication's ATK points. The only functional difference is that it cannot clear more than 1 monster during battle, alongside the ability to destroy bigger monsters by battle.

Also as a result of text bloating, I made the damage step effects mandatory to cut out the `you can`.

Ah shoot, I knew I missed something when I went to bed. Laceration's effect was supposed to specify Pendulum Summon, so the intended way for it to work was for when you would Pendulum Summon, you could also Pendulum Summon them from the GY, which ties into why Coronation has a GY send effect. I was screwing with the effect too much and, when trying to revert it, missed a few things because I wasn't too sure about the possible PSCT of Pendulum Summoning from the GY.

The reason Rumination's effect is HOPT is because, if it wasn't, you could Pendulum Summon, and on resolution, use Ordination to set Rumination back in the Pendulum Scale, and do another Pendulum Summon. I felt like that was too strong of an interaction to leave in.

Some of the changes ended up making Adaptation a non-activated negate, sorta like `ZW - Pegasus Twin Saber`. This feels a bit too strong in my opinion, but I'll defer to this change because another person I asked suggested that this would be a good change.

Also, in regards to making one of these monsters a Tuner to facilitate Synchro access, I'm not too sure about the idea. I'm aware that the Deck can make Baron if 1 of the Level 5 monsters is a Tuner, but at the same time, there are no Yugioh decks that simply have a Tuner without an associated Synchro monster. I'd have to make another Extra Deck monster if I wanted to do that, but as I'm overly obsessed with a deck's theme, an additional Synchro just seems Superfluous. I'll still give it a go but I don't know where to find some good art that fits with the Hololive lore. Also, I want to keep their attributes all different and a seventh monster means I either reuse an attribute or go with Divine.

Christen57

Post #8 by Christen57 » Sun May 29, 2022 3:24 am

Saraak wrote:With the change to Dedication's card text, it ended up bloating as a result. For the sake of my need for uniformity, I'm changing the double attack effect to simply doubling Dedication's ATK points. The only functional difference is that it cannot clear more than 1 monster during battle, alongside the ability to destroy bigger monsters by battle.

Also as a result of text bloating, I made the damage step effects mandatory to cut out the `you can`.

That's fine. Reducing bloating so the text takes up less lines of space makes the effects easier to read.

Ah shoot, I knew I missed something when I went to bed. Laceration's effect was supposed to specify Pendulum Summon, so the intended way for it to work was for when you would Pendulum Summon, you could also Pendulum Summon them from the GY, which ties into why Coronation has a GY send effect. I was screwing with the effect too much and, when trying to revert it, missed a few things because I wasn't too sure about the possible PSCT of Pendulum Summoning from the GY.

That's fine too. In some rare cases you just have to make up your own PSCT (as long as it's clear, makes sense, and doesn't make the card confusing), even though you normally shouldn't.

The reason Rumination's effect is HOPT is because, if it wasn't, you could Pendulum Summon, and on resolution, use Ordination to set Rumination back in the Pendulum Scale, and do another Pendulum Summon. I felt like that was too strong of an interaction to leave in.

In any case, it's hard once per turn should be "You can only use this effect of "Holomech of Rumination" once per turn," not "You can only gain this effect once per turn". The latter isn't for activated effects that make you pendulum summon immediately upon resolution. It's for activated and continuous effects that grant additional normal/pendulum summons later the main phase in addition to the 1 normal summon/set, or pendulum summon.

Also, in regards to making one of these monsters a Tuner to facilitate Synchro access, I'm not too sure about the idea. I'm aware that the Deck can make Baron if 1 of the Level 5 monsters is a Tuner, but at the same time, there are no Yugioh decks that simply have a Tuner without an associated Synchro monster. I'd have to make another Extra Deck monster if I wanted to do that, but as I'm overly obsessed with a deck's theme, an additional Synchro just seems Superfluous. I'll still give it a go but I don't know where to find some good art that fits with the Hololive lore. Also, I want to keep their attributes all different and a seventh monster means I either reuse an attribute or go with Divine.

The archetype is fine having access to just Xyz and Link monsters for now. Giving it access to the Synchro toolbox isn't necessary and only takes up more extra deck space. You already have decent Link monsters you'll want to use your monsters for anyway, some of the archetype being level 5 Machine gives access to Cyber Dragon Infinity in addition to Regulus, and since this archetype hardly uses it's normal summon, running the Adventurer package gives you an additional omni-negate in the form of Wandering Gryphon Rider, making Baronne de Fleur really not needed in this deck.

There are still some grammar errors and PSCT errors in some of your other cards. Holomech of Laceration says "If would conduct a Pendulum Summon" when it should say "If you would conduct a Pendulum Summon". Also, there's no need for "(if any)" in your Holomech monsters' effects anymore if changing monster types to Machine is now optional.

Holomech Coronation can be worded to say "If you have no cards in your Pendulum Zones" which is slightly shorter than "If you control no cards in your Pendulum Zones".

Now, as for balancing changes I'd recommend, there are 2 so far.

Holomech of Veneration's pendulum effect should be shortened from:
target 1 "Holomech" card in your other Pendulum Zone; change its Pendulum Scale to 4 or 7
to:
target 1 card in your Pendulum Zone; change its Pendulum Scale to 4 or 7
as it doesn't seem necessary to restrict it to just Holomech cards, let alone not let it change it's own pendulum scale.

Holomech Coronation should let you send any Holomech card from the hand, Deck, or Extra Deck to the GY with it's dumping effect, instead of just Holomech monsters from the deck. Sending from the extra deck allows possible combos with Accesscode Talker that would get fodder to banish for it's destroy effect, and being able to also send Spells/Traps allows possible combos with some of the Sky Striker cards that require 3+ spells in the grave for bonuses (as I found that a few of the Sky Striker cards also synergize somewhat with Holomechs as Hornet Drones being a free Kagari that can recycle said Hornet Drones lets you have free link material for the Holomech link monster or free tribute fodder for tributing summon a Holomech). Plus, Kagari being FIRE gives you an additional attribute you can banish to use Accesscode Talker's destroy effect in addition to the Holomech Link monster's WIND attribute.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #9 by Saraak » Sun May 29, 2022 7:10 am

Thanks, the PSCT issues you pointed out have been fixed. Hopefully, I didn't miss any more of them.

As for balancing, I've taken your advice on allowing to send from ED to GY for the main spell, as well as allowing Veneration the ability to change the scales of non-archetype cards. It was initially a precautionary measure to prevent the archetype from being too splashable in other decks, but as it turns out, it very much is. I'd have to add hard archetype locks if I want that, but it just seems superfluous to do so.

Interesting suggestion on the small Skystriker package. I think it could definitely work, especially if a chain of `C1 Dedication, C2 Drones` resolves the way I think it does (for when if you open both Hornet and a dead Engage... unless you run more Sky Striker cards). Not too sure about the Brave Engine though. I find myself needing the Normal Summon when I need to set up Scales before a Pendulum Summon. Though, I think that if I run more than 40 cards, I could find space for it (or if I cut the Small Worlds and Crossouts).

Christen57

Post #10 by Christen57 » Sun May 29, 2022 3:33 pm

Saraak wrote:Thanks, the PSCT issues you pointed out have been fixed. Hopefully, I didn't miss any more of them.

As for balancing, I've taken your advice on allowing to send from ED to GY for the main spell, as well as allowing Veneration the ability to change the scales of non-archetype cards. It was initially a precautionary measure to prevent the archetype from being too splashable in other decks, but as it turns out, it very much is. I'd have to add hard archetype locks if I want that, but it just seems superfluous to do so.

Interesting suggestion on the small Skystriker package. I think it could definitely work, especially if a chain of `C1 Dedication, C2 Drones` resolves the way I think it does (for when if you open both Hornet and a dead Engage... unless you run more Sky Striker cards). Not too sure about the Brave Engine though. I find myself needing the Normal Summon when I need to set up Scales before a Pendulum Summon. Though, I think that if I run more than 40 cards, I could find space for it (or if I cut the Small Worlds and Crossouts).

Remember that Holomech of Laceration's pendulum effect can be shortened from:
from your GY to your Main Monster Zones up to the number of Machine monsters
to:
from your GY up to the number of Machine monsters
as only monsters special summoned from the extra deck can go to the extra monster zones.

Here's the decklist for your archetype I decided to go with:

Along with some replays of this build in action:
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=58994-39433950
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=58994-39434094

Saraak
Mood:

Post #11 by Saraak » Mon May 30, 2022 12:15 am

After some deliberation, I decided to make another round of changes, but it shouldn't affect existing decks or playstyles.

Minor changes:
  • Laceration: PSCT fixes, `Set` was modified to `Change`.
  • Veneration: Nerfed the `Activated` self-destruction effect in the Pendulum Scale a `Non-Activated` effect. This is so that it cannot be negated.
  • Generation: Buffed the Type change effect soft OPT and added ATK modulation. I felt that it was too underpowered compared to the other cards. This is a placeholder buff until I can think of a better supplementary effect to the Type change.

Major changes:
  • Adaptation: Nerfed `Non-Activated Omni-Negate` to a `Non-Activated Monster-Negate`, but buffed it to also destroy the opponent's card. With the two engines that the deck can run (Therions + Adventurer), I think that having an additional Omni-negate is unnecessary. Hence nerfing Adaptation's Pendulum Negate into a simple monster negate. Also floating the idea of making it a Machine monster negate that also steals, but that's a bit too niche.
  • Dedication: Nerfed the ATK gain effect from 2600 to 1000. After seeing Christen57's second replay, I'll admit to having some reservations when it comes to the effect now. Even reverting it back to the double attack effect won't mitigate that. Having what is essentially an Accesscode Talker on-demand from a single Pendulum Summon is a bit too much. I still want it to hit over big unaffected boss monsters, so making it reach 3600 (over Ultimate Falcon) is reasonable to me, especially if it requires a monster pop, which can just be a Token you summon.

If any of these changes feel unreasonable, then let me know. I still think that my sense of balance has died after playing in Master Duel's complete shit fest of a banlist.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #12 by Saraak » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:04 pm

After some more deliberation, I decided to make another round of changes, but yet again, it shouldn't affect existing decks or playstyles.

Minor changes:
  • Adaptaion: PSCT Fixes.
  • Corronation: Removed pointless functionality of being able to send a Holomech from hand to GY via the GY effect.

Major changes:
  • Veneration: Changed to a Level 5 monster to allow for more Cyber Dragon Infinity plays while also adding an alternative search option for Rumination. With its effect now triggered by a Normal or Special Summon (like the other Level 5's), Veneration is now technically a 1-card Ordination. These changes should be considered a buff overall, but deck ratios probably don't need to be changed.
  • Adaptation, Rumination, Veneration: Buffed `Normal Summon without Tributes` effect to require a `face-up "Holomech" card` instead of a `"Holomech" monster`. This allows them to be Normal Summoned if you control Generation (the Trap) and/or a "Holomech" in the Pendulum Zone, which makes them less reliant on Dedication or Coronation as a starter.
  • Ordination: Nerfed both effects a HOPT. Nerfed Mandatory effect to become an optional effect, and can only be triggered `If Link Summoned using a "Holomech" monster as material` due to Ordination's materials being Buffed so that it only requires `2 monsters with different names, including a Machine monster`. Also, re-added a colon to the summoning requirements, because I noticed recent Link Monsters have it (Splight Elf, Beyond the Pendulum, Dharc, and etc).
  • Generation: Added a new effect that activates itself from the GY when a Machine monster is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field. This allows you to send it via Coronation as an alternative option. Changed Direct Attack continuous effect to instead be an ATK gain for every Machine monster your opponent controls. Nerfed so that the Trap can only be activated once per turn. Hopefully, this iteration of the Trap card can actually be worth playing, if only because it can be activated easily from the GY.

There was also consideration to buff Dedication to nerf its Pendulum Effect's requirements, but I fear that's a bit too much. It would mean that the archetype has an easier time playing after you set up a Brave Negate+Bounce and/or a Therion Omni-negate. So it stays the same with that reasoning in mind.

Return to “Custom Cards”