Chronojet Dragon Archetype (EARTH-Machine)

Post your custom made cards in this forum
KingOfGames150

Chronojet Dragon Archetype (EARTH-Machine)

Post #1 by KingOfGames150 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:25 pm

So, this deck takes inspiration from Superheavy Samurai and Red Dragon Archfiend. Having multiple variants of the same Synchro Monster while being able to attack in DEF position. However they also do piercing damage to add more aggression. The focus of the deck is to abuse the mechanic to switch monster's battle positions, and gain effects if their own battle position is switched. The Synchros all have a variety of different effects to keep them from being too similar, though most of them involve interrupting your opponent in some way. To add even more power to the deck, they rarely (only on 1 card) specify "Chrono", being tailored towards supporting EARTH Machine-Types. (Though the effects themselves are tailor made for these monsters as not all EARTH Machine-Types can attack in DEF position).

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=9725215

Saraak
Mood:

Post #2 by Saraak » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:36 am

Because I like RDA so much, I'll go through the cards on a card by card basis, but before that: I'm not sure if you can shorten the word count, but if you can then you should go for it. I'm sure there might be a way to shorten three effects into 1 sentence "Can attack while in face-up Defense Position, and if it does, apply its DEF for damage calculation and inflict piercing battle damage."

This should save space on your cards, but I'm unsure if it's correct PSCT-wise. Also, do you want EVERY effect that changes battle position to face-up Defense Position to trigger their effects? I'm certain that there are multiple continuous Spell/Trap Cards that make every monster Summoned to go to Defense Position, like `Light of Intervention`.

Also, on the topic of PSCT, much of your cards seem to have a basic understanding of them but most of them don't really follow through with it. I'd recommend looking up proper capitalizations. I use this google doc to help whenever I have any confusion in regards to PSCT. You also don't need to add `-Type` anymore, because recent cards don't specify it anymore.

• Chronowing: You forgot to add `:` to its card text. Do you want your opponent to be able to respond to its mandatory Targeting effect? There's little point in making it a targeting effect if you don't.

• Chronopulse: You shouldn't make it Summon JUST Tuners, because that's a very broad term, and that's dangerously good. Almost broken, even if their effects are negated until the End Phase. Just look at `Crystron Halqifibrax` and its impact on the Banlist. You should either limit it to EARTH Tuners or Machine Tuners, but even then, it's too broad of a range. This card needs more restrictions for what it summons.

• Metapulsar: I have no issues with this card.

• Chronofang: Again, it shouldn't have non-existent restrictions in what it adds. This is basically a guaranteed extender and nearly as broken as Chronopulse. Does this really need to search a Tuner when you already have Chronopulse, actually? It feels superfluous and exists just to boost consistency.

• Chronoclamp: This one literally searches any Machine monster. Do you understand how many there are in this game? There are nearly 900, which include Kaiju's, extenders, hand traps, and etc. You need to make more restrictions on what to add, because Yugioh is a game without set-rotations, meaning these heavy restrictions are very much mandatory. The Droll-Esque search prevention is nice, but you can easily circumvent that just by not using Chronoclamp until you use your other two ROTA cards. Not very balanced IMO. This alone can enable some FTK IMO, though I can't name a few.

• TL Manager: An extra Normal Summon in addition to being a defensive option, not much for me to complain about.

• TL Chronolocker: I like this. Normally, flood-gating 2/3 of the cards in the game is bad, you got around this by making sure this floodgate would not trigger unless they get rid of a Defense Position monster outside of the Main Phase. This means only through Quick-play Spells or Traps during the Draw/Standby/Battle/End Phases, or simply destroying a monster via battle. The main part is that you don't impede your opponent too much because everything in Yugioh basically happens in the Main Phase anyway.

• TL Chronocreation: This is fine, but do you want it to be able to search Chronomaly cards? Because that's what it can do, meaning this would probably even be played outside your archetype. It also searches Chronograph Sorceror, so even PendMagicians would play it. Is this intended?

• TL Mystery-Flare: So basically `Dark Bribe` but also adds your opponent's card (assuming a Hand Trap) to your hand? This is two negates in one if you play it correctly. Is this intentional? If it was, then you might have to consider the limitations of Dueling Book in that adding a card, not from your Deck to your own hand, requires special commands. An example is `Gold Moon Coin`, which has a similar command on DB highlighted in green. Also, I'm not sure if you meant `Card effect` or `Card or Effect` as most similar cards use.

• Chronojet: The namesake card, but I'm not sure how that last line even works. Are you aware that there is a ruling in which you cannot summon a monster from GY unless it was summoned properly, even if you ignore summoning conditions? I'm not sure where I heard it, probably a Duel Logs video, but the gist of it is that you can't even use this effect to summon `N'tss` sent to the GY by `Nadhir Servant`. I may be wrong, but if I am, then this effect might be too good. Regular summoning from your GY is fine though, but I'm not sure on that ignoring summoning conditions ruling.

EDIT: From a forum post I found about the topic, the 10th post at the very bottom, which reads as: I think the simplest way to explain this is "ignoring the Summoning conditions for monsters in the GY/banish zone" can only apply if the monster got there after being properly summoned to the field. And yes it's dumb. This means that the effect of Special Summoning from the GY and `Ignoring its Summoning Conditions` is functionally a useless benefit.

• Arc Chronojet: I'm fine with this card.

• Chronojet G: This is a +2 in card advantage with no downside. In fact, it even offers protection. I'm not sure if that's fair, because you can even Summon 2 Chrono Synchro monsters. Either they should be destroyed or banished during the End Phase, or you need a harsher condition that's not just Synchro Summoning the monster. I know the intended purpose might've been to Summon Arc Chronojet to enable its negate (as there are 3 face-up Defense Position monsters on resolution), but its protection-effect is just the cherry on top. Do you recall an RDA card that summons any related card from the GY? I only recall Hot Red Bane, but both his SS effects either require Tribute (no net gain) or inflicting Battle Damage (which is significantly harder of a restriction than just Summoning it).

• Chronojet Z: I'm actually fine with this card. It's a beatstick that floats into another beatstick, but also doesn't legitimately Synchro Summon the monster, so it can't be revived.
TLDR; Classic Custom Syndrome. Too few restrictions and paragraph-long card-text. Although, these are VERY easily fixed. See what effects are necessary for your cards and, if they aren't, remove them to save space. Readability for cards at first glance is one of the most important parts of a card.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

Return to “Custom Cards”