How broken IS Fusion Summoning using cards from the deck as material?

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Mastery682

How broken IS Fusion Summoning using cards from the deck as material?

Post #1 by Mastery682 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:57 pm

I have a question: How broken IS Fusion Summoning using cards from the deck as material? I ask this because, upon a second look, this card seems extremely broken. I am trying to decide how big a cost I would need to balance this card. I think I should start with making it so that the fusion monster is banished during the end phase, but what else should I do?
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2845944

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2 by Lil Oldman » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:32 am

Its kind of an interesting concept, buffing a kind of weak summoning method (Not counting contact fusion). Konami has already done this with "Ancient Gear Fusion", although that method is way harder to pull of.
I think that HEROs dont have enough good fusions that can be summoned via polymerization, other than Absolute Zero or maybe Great Tornado, although the ability to dump a level 4 or lower through Brave Neos may be worth it. If this allowed for the neos fusions like Nebula or Magma (imo the best ones), it would maybe have even more potential.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

greg503

Post #3 by greg503 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:47 am

I mean...
Buy Floowandereeze

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #4 by Lil Oldman » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:54 am

oh yeah, forgot about him
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Mastery682

Post #5 by Mastery682 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:33 am

With your responses in mind, I realized that I don't need to do too much to balance him, just maybe specify "Elemental HERO" instead of "HERO".

Edit: I have, however, created a monster that can search out fusion destiny, so that will be a pretty good combo: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2847933

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #6 by Fredblade » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:19 am

Instead of making a busted Fusion Spell that uses materials from deck, why not making a good fusion deck? That's just cheap and overcompensating, like if Konami didnt know how to make Fusions good than making them free. Or at least do it with a certain condition like Lunalight Fusion where your opponent must control something summoned from the Extra Deck and it's just for 1 material. Fusion Destiny and Red-Eyes Fusion as well as Verte Anaconda have proven that restrictions on those effects do nothing to balance them. Sadly Fallen of Albaz got the same treatment with Branded Fusion, instead of making the deck better in other interesting ways, they decided to take the cheap route.

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #7 by Fredblade » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:05 am

Mastery682 wrote:With your responses in mind, I realized that I don't need to do too much to balance him, just maybe specify "Elemental HERO" instead of "HERO".

Edit: I have, however, created a monster that can search out fusion destiny, so that will be a pretty good combo: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2847933

Is HERO now another subterror variant? Why the flip effect? It's just a lame attempt of balancing a card that should not be created in the first place, fusion destiny is already searchable by being a "Fusion" Spell as well as being a Verte target, do you seriously need more ways of getting it?
Also. HEROs. Don't. Need. More. Support.

Welcome to my ted talk.

Mastery682

Post #8 by Mastery682 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:45 am

Is HERO now another subterror variant? Why the flip effect? It's just a lame attempt of balancing a card that should not be created in the first place, fusion destiny is already searchable by being a "Fusion" Spell as well as being a Verte target, do you seriously need more ways of getting it?
Also. HEROs. Don't. Need. More. Support.

Welcome to my ted talk.[/quote]

Yeah... I got told off for this mid-battle. I realized that heroes were powerful enough when i wiped the opponent's whole board just by using mask change on absolute zero. I'm abandoning the cards, as they're all far too broken.

Return to “Custom Cards”